• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:49
CEST 13:49
KST 20:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9099 users

Khaldor's casting for GomTV - Feedback & Poll - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 63 Next
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
March 23 2012 14:34 GMT
#541
The decision to call players "the zerg/protoss/terran" is a conscious one and something I will not change. I do it when I have repeated the name of the player several times in a row before and in order to not repeat it AGAIN I sometimes use the race of the player or his nationality (obvsiouly not in a kor vs. kor game) instead.
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:41:35
March 23 2012 14:37 GMT
#542
On March 23 2012 20:15 NexCa wrote:
omg, he keeps sayin "in order to ..." so often, it's horrible to hear him


... come on xD i could listen him 10 hours and in fact he not say it that often

your're doing great work khaldor ^^ for me your're the 2nd best german caster (i am scared i dont get into takes house for barcraft mlg today if i say best ^^) and the 3rd best at gom (after tastetosis but they have years of loving deep in my mind ^^)
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
gaymon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1023 Posts
March 23 2012 14:41 GMT
#543
Khaldor is and has allways been a great caster for SC2 and WC3; calling the player by their races is actually a pretty good way to support new viewers who aren't that comfortable with the player names because they dont want to think about who is who in a big fight and calling actions by the race is better in that case. ( In mirrormatches its obviously another case )
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
March 23 2012 14:43 GMT
#544
I like your casting now, I think you've settled in nice over at GOM and are doing an excellent job.
Weren't to pleased with your casting at the start but now I think you're really good.
You need to construct additional pylons.
Xyos212
Profile Joined March 2012
8 Posts
March 23 2012 14:58 GMT
#545
Think your doing a great job. Funny, relaxed, and very informative and passionate about the game. I like when your paired with Wolf best, but Moletrap is ok too.
Dauntless
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway548 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 15:03:03
March 23 2012 15:02 GMT
#546
I think Khaldor's casting is just getting worse... Whenever something exciting happens he only shouts in his gebrokken English, and it's just embarrassing to listen to.

None of the Code A casters ever analyze the game, outside of what we currently see in the view of the screen, they don't even know what upgrades each player are on, usually.

They also make a lot of wrong calls, and seem to have an extremely low understanding of each matchup. Why?

If it wasn't for the loss of game sounds, I'd mute the hell out of the Code A and GSTL casts..
Dauntless.156 EU || Liquid´HerO | Grubby.Grubby
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
March 23 2012 15:16 GMT
#547
Khaldor, i would like to suggest a couple things that would dramatically increase our enjoyment of you casting, i feel the majority of people will agree on this.

During an exciting event, if you are with moletrap, stay quiet, moletrap is easily excited and often better at conveying this excitement to you. This is mostly due to your accent unfortunately. if you are with wolf then feel free to be loud, as wolf is a very calm caster in general.

During times where players are starting to veer down specific paths, mention what they are hoping to accomplish, and when the opponent is doing that could keep them from succeeding, but do not say "it will fail", or "i don't see this working". say "I think he has reacted well to this" or "His micro is going to have to be impeccable here". comments like the latter end up building tension and excitement without yelling or being loud, and cause viewers to be very focused on the game. It increases our enjoyment of the game when we feel like we have a chance to see something work out that we've never seen, or that we don't know which side is going to win. Now obviously this doesn't apply as much when we see like 5 SCVs and 2 marines against 6 collosus in a random ALL in after a thorough beating. But creating tension is a big part of what you should be doing at GOM.

Think a few steps ahead of the players. When a terran goes for a CC first, he is going to have to worry about a very fast third from zerg, mention this, and also mention that a fast third from zerg will lead to higher mutalisk counts quicker, and so the CC first terran is going to have to be heavy on marines or produce thors in the mid game. Small comments like that show understanding of the game and create a very flexible path that viewers see the game going. this also makes the game more exciting if, for instance the CC first terran gets another CC after 2 barracks. No one cares if you are wrong in predicting the game, people care if the comments you make are wrong. Like if you say a CC first terran vs zerg when the zerg double expands early will end in an all in from the zerg. That is obviously not the case.

Leave your personal strategic opinions out of the cast. When a player goes for ultralisks on a congested map, don't say you don't like ultralisks and don't think it will work. Say that the player is going to have to move his army perfectly to take advantage of his bulky units. Creating more tension = good, shitting on peoples play = bad.

Thanks Khaldor. your casts would be greatly improved with these tips, as least from an entertainment standpoint.
zerglingrodeo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States910 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 15:21:37
March 23 2012 15:21 GMT
#548
On March 24 2012 00:02 Dauntless wrote:
I think Khaldor's casting is just getting worse... Whenever something exciting happens he only shouts in his gebrokken English, and it's just embarrassing to listen to.

None of the Code A casters ever analyze the game, outside of what we currently see in the view of the screen, they don't even know what upgrades each player are on, usually.

They also make a lot of wrong calls, and seem to have an extremely low understanding of each matchup. Why?

If it wasn't for the loss of game sounds, I'd mute the hell out of the Code A and GSTL casts..



I see somewhat frequent complaints about Khaldor's English. This is completely absurd. His English is excellent, and the people that cannot handle his occasional switching of 'this' and 'that' (a common and understandable mistake from native German speakers) need to sit back and think about what they are actually crying about. Sentences with switched demonstratives are completely intelligible, and as such it is crazy to call his English 'broken.'
"This is how philosophers should salute one another: 'Take your time!'' - Wittgenstein
PeggyHill
Profile Joined February 2011
1494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 15:35:51
March 23 2012 15:24 GMT
#549
On March 23 2012 22:26 Khaldor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 22:11 PeggyHill wrote:
Every GSL player has an understanding of the game far beyond you, you need to respect that. You can point out that he could be doing something different, but not that he is making a huge blunder etc.


And this is were you are completely wrong. Players make mistakes and one of the things that we (casters) have to do is point them out. Like it or not. I talk to players all the time after their matches, much more often than you I'd assume, and even though I obviously make mistakes in my judgement players admit to mistakes they made a lot more often than you would think.

The level of play in the GSL is amazing and very often those mistakes that we see occur because they were forced by the opponent they are facing. But they make mistakes nonetheless and neither me, nor Wolf or colleagues like MrBitter will stop pointing them out only because you want to maintain the illusion that players are flawless beings.

Edit @Neustedt: glad to hear that, thank you very much


Argh thats not what I meant mate.

I'm not talking about a mistake like no detection vs DT, I'm talking 'mistakes' that are come more from a players style, like expansion timings, army compositions.

Of course the players make mistakes all game long, even at the highest level. It's just not nice to listen to you rail on about them, acting like you know the game better than they do, is all I meant. It makes you sound like a know-it-all, which I am sure you are not.

This guy is saying what I am saying:

On March 24 2012 00:16 PrinceXizor wrote:
Leave your personal strategic opinions out of the cast. When a player goes for ultralisks on a congested map, don't say you don't like ultralisks and don't think it will work. Say that the player is going to have to move his army perfectly to take advantage of his bulky units. Creating more tension = good, shitting on peoples play = bad.


And this guy again thinks the same way as me:

On March 23 2012 22:43 Doodsmack wrote:
In sum I think you are just to quick to make sweeping assertions about players' decisions. Your level of game knowledge is just not high enough to justify your criticisms being so frequent. You have to realize that if so many people are pointing this out in this thread there must be a reason for it. If I have time I'll go back through some of the up and down matches and cite specific examples of what I'm talking about.


More examples from only the last two pages:

On March 17 2012 23:07 FoFo wrote:
i like you're casting but i think you should be more careful of bashing the players. Sometimes they make decisions for not so obvious reasons and it makes the caster (in some cases, you) look a little foolish. keep in mind the gamers don't have total map vision at all times and are under a lot of stress...


On March 14 2012 03:02 fighter2_40 wrote:
I like your enthusiasm but what turns me off the most is when you critique the players without giving any explanation for why you don't like what they're doing. It sounds like you're some "arbiter" just giving out judgements all over the place, judgements that don't always coincide with my experience playing starcraft. If you are going to be making controversial claims about a player's play and why it's bad, back it up with some analysis on why it's bad/good.


Basically it comes down to your game knowledge not being sufficient enough to be that kind of caster. I think you easily know the game well enough to cast, but you should be a play-by-play guy.

If you do offer your opinions be more humble.

On March 23 2012 23:34 Khaldor wrote:
The decision to call players "the zerg/protoss/terran" is a conscious one and something I will not change. I do it when I have repeated the name of the player several times in a row before and in order to not repeat it AGAIN I sometimes use the race of the player or his nationality (obvsiouly not in a kor vs. kor game) instead.


I love it when commentators call players 'the terran/toss etc.'.

I like your casting, keep up the good work. Also one thing I would like to see you do is watch some old BW vods, I think this is your one weakness, a lack of knowledge of BW. This is moletraps strength, hes been around since BW.

turnip
Profile Joined May 2010
United States193 Posts
March 23 2012 15:37 GMT
#550
I'm a big fan of you, Khaldor. You're my favorite caster! I can only watch you in places other than the GSL due to scheduling, so I can't give much specific feedback.

One thing that I (and I think most people) really love is context. It really adds to the drama. Something Orb did really well (before retroactively tossing himself off a cliff) was to take notes on players - playstyles, a basic outline of his recent match/matchup history. Seeing people improve or adapt is really cool, and the more of it the better.

Keep up the good work, I was so happy when you decided to stay in Korea for a longer period :D
NekoFlandre
Profile Joined March 2011
United States497 Posts
March 23 2012 16:02 GMT
#551
Khaldor,

Your a wonderful caster. Simply amazing. I remember watching you back when you casted little things here and there when you could. Always enjoyed your casts still do, really love the casting with you and Wolf for Code A / GSTL.

Keep up the good work man.
Kitty Flandre....even more scary..
Fishriot
Profile Joined May 2010
United States621 Posts
March 23 2012 16:06 GMT
#552
Yo Khaldor keep up the good work my man! I enjoy listening to you cast for GOM. Everyone has to take a shit, but your shit is good, know what I'm saying? pce
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
March 23 2012 16:21 GMT
#553
What really dislike about your casting is that you are always trying to say something. If nothing is happening - be quiet, let Wolf do the game analysis and don't repeat your own sentences, it makes your casting really stressful and unpleasant. Be loud if there is an engagement, not while the players are droning.
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
jeffvip
Profile Joined June 2011
211 Posts
March 24 2012 05:33 GMT
#554
you have a great knowledge about zerg, decent about zerg but I think you still lacks some knowlegde about Terran. and try not to be too bias with zerg against protoss and terran.

Rrgds
Marine is Terran strongest unit but it might be Terran's biggest weakness. Bcos of Marine so OP, other Terran unit regrettably have to be weak..
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 08:24:05
March 24 2012 08:14 GMT
#555
watched GSTL tonight with you and moletrap. you guys need to share the show. its monologue after monologue with you guys constantly fighting over who gets to talk.

edit: moletrap doesnt have a feedback thread so i couldnt tell him. also, i have enjoyed your casting since i first heard it while you were in europe. keep up the good work.
Astro-Penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
554 Posts
March 24 2012 08:22 GMT
#556
I'm a fan of you Khalador but I do have some constructive criticism to give out, I think your in game knowledge could use some work in order to allow you to analyze more then just the obvious things on the screen, but other then that I think your doing a great job. Personally I think the whole hostility between Moletrap and Khalador in its own way adds a unique form of comedic value that we do not see in any other casting pairs, oddly enough it adds originality and freshness to the logo Moldor.
Jaegeru
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom676 Posts
March 24 2012 08:29 GMT
#557
Really good considering you have to try and work with somebody like moletrap.
MVP on winning his Fourth GSL - "Yeah I know the routine, take the flowers and cheque, I will kiss the trophy for the photo"
InfernoStarcraft
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia136 Posts
March 24 2012 08:47 GMT
#558
Khaldor is the shit!, dude also has some pro posture going on
I like Hello Panda's
stkblee
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore129 Posts
March 24 2012 08:53 GMT
#559
On March 24 2012 17:14 dAPhREAk wrote:
watched GSTL tonight with you and moletrap. you guys need to share the show. its monologue after monologue with you guys constantly fighting over who gets to talk.

edit: moletrap doesnt have a feedback thread so i couldnt tell him. also, i have enjoyed your casting since i first heard it while you were in europe. keep up the good work.


I agree. Maybe its just me, but I also find that khaldor is sort of 'bashing' moletrap, sometimes interrupting in a sort of sardonic voice. Not that I support moletrap, but I believe at least in the cast there should be a more cooperative than competitive spirit.
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
March 24 2012 09:10 GMT
#560
Today's chemistry with Moletrap was quite... off, for one reason or another, but I must say that your casting with Wolf has improved very rapidly and I am really enjoying it.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 8517
StarCastTV_EN171
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings129
CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko316
ProTech120
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 6334
Jaedong 3061
EffOrt 1540
actioN 859
BeSt 648
Killer 619
Soma 514
Horang2 466
ZerO 300
Pusan 230
[ Show more ]
Stork 199
Rush 149
Zeus 149
Barracks 107
JYJ 93
Snow 75
Mini 65
Mong 58
HiyA 46
ToSsGirL 38
Sea.KH 35
Shinee 31
sorry 30
ggaemo 29
Bale 28
Sharp 24
Sexy 22
Light 20
Larva 19
hero 16
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
zelot 8
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5564
Dendi553
XaKoH 360
League of Legends
Reynor56
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2600
Other Games
gofns64405
singsing1506
olofmeister935
byalli539
Livibee198
OGKoka 94
ArmadaUGS68
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV323
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream300
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 85
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV104
League of Legends
• Jankos1770
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 11m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.