• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:34
CEST 05:34
KST 12:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10952 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 147 Next
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 04 2012 00:42 GMT
#281
On September 04 2012 09:27 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:07 BlackMamba24 wrote:
I mean that blues should do what they feel is best with their own judgment and ignore any direction from the "town"
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I wondered about this phrase:

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 07:55 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Never lynch someone just because they wouldn't claim to the town leader or whatever, that's asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve, etc.


What is there to explain? There's a difference between lynching someone for not backing themselves up after they're caught lying or whatever and lynching someone because they don't trust the town circle.

Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
September 04 2012 00:43 GMT
#282
On September 04 2012 09:36 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.




The reason people policy lynch people like BM and Grush is because they get by into later in the game because they are unreadable. This is because they barely actually play the game and if you end up in lylo with one of them left, you've basically already lost. I completely understand anyone wanting to policy lynch them, but we should also not allow them to be off the hook for some sort of scum read during the day.

That being said, I remember thinking to myself that I don't hate BM's play in the last few games I have been in with him. I do not want to policy lynch today.
Why would you claim this? You eliminated yourself as a possible blue from scums list of townies, and it´s not like you doing this eliminates you as a scum suspect. If someone see you visiting a player who dies the we´re lynching you anyway.

Because there is no town benefit to me hiding this information. and for all everyone knows I could be a blue role trying to avoid being incorrectly tracked as well

if I get tracked to a dead person atleast there will be something to think about before mislynching me

There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 04 2012 00:46 GMT
#283
On September 04 2012 09:42 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:27 Forumite wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:07 BlackMamba24 wrote:
I mean that blues should do what they feel is best with their own judgment and ignore any direction from the "town"
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I wondered about this phrase:

On September 04 2012 07:55 BlackMamba24 wrote:
Never lynch someone just because they wouldn't claim to the town leader or whatever, that's asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve, etc.


What is there to explain? There's a difference between lynching someone for not backing themselves up after they're caught lying or whatever and lynching someone because they don't trust the town circle.
It sounded weird. It´s common for the voteleader to be lynched unless he claims (convincingly).
:3
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 04 2012 00:49 GMT
#284
On September 04 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:30 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:25 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:22 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.


Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli

need an honest answer. What do you consider worse:

a) People not thinking while posting / reading
b) People defending other people 1 hour into the game when they have no reason to do such a thing and should be happy to see as much posts from the person in question defending himself rather than stopping the discussion defending him.

lol... could you have asked this more rhetorically?

yeah probably.

Answer?

well you think its b. your wording says that, and I agree.

however it completely depends on the situation.

to play devils advocate, many TL towns have been blinded by stupid discussions about players that take up a lot of the thread and often lead to tunnelling and mislynches. If a simple defense post could avert this it would be better to have that post.

here comes the actual question:

Did you realize which post I was referring to?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 04 2012 00:51 GMT
#285
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.


Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli


Am I missing something here or is this vote just ridiculous? I completely understand claiming nosy neighbour or miller day one, and encourage people with those roles to claim in order to stave off potential mislynches in the future. But immediatly voting someone who questions you seems overly defensive IMO.

Talking about retarded voting


On September 04 2012 08:09 DoYouHas wrote:
Well, as per usual I like lynching lurkers day 1 if a scummier option doesn't present itself.

Blues should do as they see fit. Discussion in that area only gives scum more points of reference for blue hunting.

In the past L has assured me that this is always the correct course of action, sooo

##Vote: Bill Murray


This as your first post? I thought this was a joke and dismissed it whilst I was skimming through everything. except you then defend your vote so I need to take it seriously now. Which makes me sad.

On September 04 2012 08:22 DoYouHas wrote:
slOosh, my vote is neither stupid nor a throwaway. I have a friend who I consider a better player than me who has told me that getting BM out of the game quickly is always a good thing. It is meta as hell but it isn't stupid.



Yeah the vote was throw away and stupid regardless of what you maintain. If Bill Murray has some sort of meta in which he trolls and plays retarded that sucks for us, but a policy lynch day one also sucks for us. By throwing a policy vote on Bill Murray immediately and then getting into a protracted defense of this vote you essentially move into a situation in which you take no real position and push a potential mislynch which you would suffer zero consequences from. Seems like an ideal Position for scum to take.


"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
BroodKingEXE
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States829 Posts
September 04 2012 00:52 GMT
#286
On September 04 2012 09:36 Toadesstern wrote:
--snipped--
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:35 BroodKingEXE wrote:
@Toad Im still confused about the vote on slOosh. You didn't agree with him for starting a useless discussion and that's grounds for keeping your vote on him?

There never was a vote on him to begin with lol

An honorary vote, and even so you never got anything out of it despite the six or so posts metioning him. Seemed more like some sort of a push, against slo0sh, than a minor disagreement.
Playing Protoss = Opponent owned
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 04 2012 00:55 GMT
#287
On September 04 2012 09:43 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:36 Forumite wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.




The reason people policy lynch people like BM and Grush is because they get by into later in the game because they are unreadable. This is because they barely actually play the game and if you end up in lylo with one of them left, you've basically already lost. I completely understand anyone wanting to policy lynch them, but we should also not allow them to be off the hook for some sort of scum read during the day.

That being said, I remember thinking to myself that I don't hate BM's play in the last few games I have been in with him. I do not want to policy lynch today.
Why would you claim this? You eliminated yourself as a possible blue from scums list of townies, and it´s not like you doing this eliminates you as a scum suspect. If someone see you visiting a player who dies the we´re lynching you anyway.

Because there is no town benefit to me hiding this information. and for all everyone knows I could be a blue role trying to avoid being incorrectly tracked as well

if I get tracked to a dead person atleast there will be something to think about before mislynching me
Lying to town as a blue is a bad idea. If you fakeclaim nosy neighbor to fool scum, then you risk getting lynched by town. You are still going to draw a few trackers during the first few nights, just to make sure that you are really visiting people at random with no effect, so because of this you might actually be hurting town by distracting blues.
:3
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2012 00:55 GMT
#288
On September 04 2012 09:05 Forumite wrote:
Finished with page 12.

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
What is your problem with Toades? Do you think he´s deliberately disruptive?

What makes you think I think that?
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 04 2012 01:00 GMT
#289
Hello folks ^^
I would appreciate it if someone could clear some things up, since I've never played in this setup yet. Right now I've noticed this new mechanic: visiting someone.
A nosy neighbor will randomly visit someone. This will be caught up by the town watcher and/or tracker.
Now what I don't understand: if a medic saves someone, or if a roleblocker blocks some, or if a Suicide Bomber plants a bomb somewhere, or if a goon tks someone, will they also "visit" this person?
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 04 2012 01:00 GMT
#290
On September 04 2012 09:55 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:05 Forumite wrote:
Finished with page 12.

On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
What is your problem with Toades? Do you think he´s deliberately disruptive?

What makes you think I think that?
Let me rephrase: What is your problem with Toades play in this game?

You were reacting very strongly to a random vote coming right at the beginning of the game.
:3
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
September 04 2012 01:00 GMT
#291
On September 04 2012 09:49 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:30 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:25 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:22 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.


Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli

need an honest answer. What do you consider worse:

a) People not thinking while posting / reading
b) People defending other people 1 hour into the game when they have no reason to do such a thing and should be happy to see as much posts from the person in question defending himself rather than stopping the discussion defending him.

lol... could you have asked this more rhetorically?

yeah probably.

Answer?

well you think its b. your wording says that, and I agree.

however it completely depends on the situation.

to play devils advocate, many TL towns have been blinded by stupid discussions about players that take up a lot of the thread and often lead to tunnelling and mislynches. If a simple defense post could avert this it would be better to have that post.

here comes the actual question:

Did you realize which post I was referring to?

On September 04 2012 08:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.

amirite?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 04 2012 01:01 GMT
#292
On September 04 2012 10:00 Z-BosoN wrote:
Hello folks ^^
I would appreciate it if someone could clear some things up, since I've never played in this setup yet. Right now I've noticed this new mechanic: visiting someone.
A nosy neighbor will randomly visit someone. This will be caught up by the town watcher and/or tracker.
Now what I don't understand: if a medic saves someone, or if a roleblocker blocks some, or if a Suicide Bomber plants a bomb somewhere, or if a goon tks someone, will they also "visit" this person?
Yes, all nightactions, including mafia nightkills, can be detected by watchers and trackers.

I´ve never seen you before. Have you been on TL-mafia long? What do you think about the game so far?
:3
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 04 2012 01:04 GMT
#293
On September 04 2012 09:55 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:05 Forumite wrote:
Finished with page 12.

On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
What is your problem with Toades? Do you think he´s deliberately disruptive?

What makes you think I think that?


Um... this: " My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not"
You are saying that he tries to discredit you ---> you think he tried to discredit you ---> if he tried to discredit you, you are saying he wanted to do this and is being deliberately disruptive. Why not just straight answer the question without adding another one?
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 04 2012 01:06 GMT
#294
On September 04 2012 10:00 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:49 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:30 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:25 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:22 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.


Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli

need an honest answer. What do you consider worse:

a) People not thinking while posting / reading
b) People defending other people 1 hour into the game when they have no reason to do such a thing and should be happy to see as much posts from the person in question defending himself rather than stopping the discussion defending him.

lol... could you have asked this more rhetorically?

yeah probably.

Answer?

well you think its b. your wording says that, and I agree.

however it completely depends on the situation.

to play devils advocate, many TL towns have been blinded by stupid discussions about players that take up a lot of the thread and often lead to tunnelling and mislynches. If a simple defense post could avert this it would be better to have that post.

here comes the actual question:

Did you realize which post I was referring to?

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 08:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.

amirite?

Actually no but it's a good one as well.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 04 2012 01:08 GMT
#295
On September 04 2012 10:06 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 10:00 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:49 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:30 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:25 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:22 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:12 Mattchew wrote:
I am a nosy neighbor. Anyone else with this role should insta-claim as well.


Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli

need an honest answer. What do you consider worse:

a) People not thinking while posting / reading
b) People defending other people 1 hour into the game when they have no reason to do such a thing and should be happy to see as much posts from the person in question defending himself rather than stopping the discussion defending him.

lol... could you have asked this more rhetorically?

yeah probably.

Answer?

well you think its b. your wording says that, and I agree.

however it completely depends on the situation.

to play devils advocate, many TL towns have been blinded by stupid discussions about players that take up a lot of the thread and often lead to tunnelling and mislynches. If a simple defense post could avert this it would be better to have that post.

here comes the actual question:

Did you realize which post I was referring to?

On September 04 2012 08:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.

amirite?

Actually no but it's a good one as well.


So who/what are you referring to then? I thought it was my post that mattchew picked out as well.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 04 2012 01:12 GMT
#296
On September 04 2012 10:01 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 10:00 Z-BosoN wrote:
Hello folks ^^
I would appreciate it if someone could clear some things up, since I've never played in this setup yet. Right now I've noticed this new mechanic: visiting someone.
A nosy neighbor will randomly visit someone. This will be caught up by the town watcher and/or tracker.
Now what I don't understand: if a medic saves someone, or if a roleblocker blocks some, or if a Suicide Bomber plants a bomb somewhere, or if a goon tks someone, will they also "visit" this person?
Yes, all nightactions, including mafia nightkills, can be detected by watchers and trackers.

I´ve never seen you before. Have you been on TL-mafia long? What do you think about the game so far?

Ah, I see, thanks
No, I haven't. So far I have only played in newbie xxiv, as scum.
I've skimmed through the posts, and I'm still contemplating the implication of these new roles, and trying to figure out if it makes sense for noisy neighbors to claim.

There are a lot of parallel discussions going on, but right now the filter I dislike the most is Sloosh's. Instead of attempting to make cases, he keeps asking questions and doesn't attempt to read peoples posts. 11/14 of his posts have questions, and I think this adds more confusion than it answers them.

##vote slOosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 04 2012 01:13 GMT
#297
On September 04 2012 10:12 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 10:01 Forumite wrote:
On September 04 2012 10:00 Z-BosoN wrote:
Hello folks ^^
I would appreciate it if someone could clear some things up, since I've never played in this setup yet. Right now I've noticed this new mechanic: visiting someone.
A nosy neighbor will randomly visit someone. This will be caught up by the town watcher and/or tracker.
Now what I don't understand: if a medic saves someone, or if a roleblocker blocks some, or if a Suicide Bomber plants a bomb somewhere, or if a goon tks someone, will they also "visit" this person?
Yes, all nightactions, including mafia nightkills, can be detected by watchers and trackers.

I´ve never seen you before. Have you been on TL-mafia long? What do you think about the game so far?

Ah, I see, thanks
No, I haven't. So far I have only played in newbie xxiv, as scum.
I've skimmed through the posts, and I'm still contemplating the implication of these new roles, and trying to figure out if it makes sense for noisy neighbors to claim.

There are a lot of parallel discussions going on, but right now the filter I dislike the most is Sloosh's. Instead of attempting to make cases, he keeps asking questions and doesn't attempt to read peoples posts. 11/14 of his posts have questions, and I think this adds more confusion than it answers them.

--Snip--


This is a scumread... really? Reads the exact opposite to me.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 04 2012 01:13 GMT
#298
On September 04 2012 10:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 10:06 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 10:00 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:49 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:33 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:30 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:25 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:22 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:17 Mattchew wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:16 Hapahauli wrote:
[quote]

Hold up. Why would we want people with information roles to claim?

##vote hapahauli

need an honest answer. What do you consider worse:

a) People not thinking while posting / reading
b) People defending other people 1 hour into the game when they have no reason to do such a thing and should be happy to see as much posts from the person in question defending himself rather than stopping the discussion defending him.

lol... could you have asked this more rhetorically?

yeah probably.

Answer?

well you think its b. your wording says that, and I agree.

however it completely depends on the situation.

to play devils advocate, many TL towns have been blinded by stupid discussions about players that take up a lot of the thread and often lead to tunnelling and mislynches. If a simple defense post could avert this it would be better to have that post.

here comes the actual question:

Did you realize which post I was referring to?

On September 04 2012 08:07 Hapahauli wrote:
Toad, you seem pretty fixated on picking a fight with slOosh. It's only been a page, of posts, and he seems pretty townie to me.

amirite?

Actually no but it's a good one as well.


So who/what are you referring to then? I thought it was my post that mattchew picked out as well.
On September 04 2012 08:22 DoYouHas wrote:
slOosh, my vote is neither stupid nor a throwaway. I have a friend who I consider a better player than me who has told me that getting BM out of the game quickly is always a good thing. It is meta as hell but it isn't stupid.

Toad's aggression towards you is completely null. You seem to be playing into your town meta so far, but I really won't know for sure until your first/second case.

I can perfectly talk about what I do myself and as Matt has pointed out, he should be happy to see both mine and sloOshs reaction to try and figure us out.
Furthermore as sloOsh has already pointed out (I think?) him pointing out that someone is playing into a town meta so early got to be a joke.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 04 2012 01:16 GMT
#299
On September 04 2012 10:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 10:12 Z-BosoN wrote:
On September 04 2012 10:01 Forumite wrote:
On September 04 2012 10:00 Z-BosoN wrote:
Hello folks ^^
I would appreciate it if someone could clear some things up, since I've never played in this setup yet. Right now I've noticed this new mechanic: visiting someone.
A nosy neighbor will randomly visit someone. This will be caught up by the town watcher and/or tracker.
Now what I don't understand: if a medic saves someone, or if a roleblocker blocks some, or if a Suicide Bomber plants a bomb somewhere, or if a goon tks someone, will they also "visit" this person?
Yes, all nightactions, including mafia nightkills, can be detected by watchers and trackers.

I´ve never seen you before. Have you been on TL-mafia long? What do you think about the game so far?

Ah, I see, thanks
No, I haven't. So far I have only played in newbie xxiv, as scum.
I've skimmed through the posts, and I'm still contemplating the implication of these new roles, and trying to figure out if it makes sense for noisy neighbors to claim.

There are a lot of parallel discussions going on, but right now the filter I dislike the most is Sloosh's. Instead of attempting to make cases, he keeps asking questions and doesn't attempt to read peoples posts. 11/14 of his posts have questions, and I think this adds more confusion than it answers them.

--Snip--


This is a scumread... really? Reads the exact opposite to me.

I would agree with you if these questions were to provoke discussion. Except that some of his questions:

"Do you think I'm scum by my first post?"
"Where did I do that?"
"What makes you think I think that?"

Seem like avoidable questions that can be answered just reading. Instead of reading thoroughly, he simply keeps asking questions and doesn't move the discussion forward. Seems like an easy way to look town to me.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
September 04 2012 01:17 GMT
#300
On September 04 2012 10:00 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:55 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:05 Forumite wrote:
Finished with page 12.

On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
What is your problem with Toades? Do you think he´s deliberately disruptive?

What makes you think I think that?
Let me rephrase: What is your problem with Toades play in this game?

You were reacting very strongly to a random vote coming right at the beginning of the game.

I reacted strongly because there was no grounds for the vote / read. I still have a problem with the fact that he keeps emphasizing the uselessness of the post (it isn't, because as clearly seen that people can miss setup information), which I take as soft discrediting of my posts in general. I'm not claiming my opening post is super useful, but to call it useless is unwarranted. That said I can see this coming from a town perspective, so my problem with his play thus far is a matter of taste rather than alignment.


On September 04 2012 10:04 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 09:55 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 09:05 Forumite wrote:
Finished with page 12.

On September 04 2012 08:01 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:58 Toadesstern wrote:
On September 04 2012 07:56 slOosh wrote:
Hapa, what is your idea of a town circle and how does it help us find / lynch / kill scum?

Toad - How is that useless stuff that has nothing to do with the game? The setup changed and maybe people haven't read the updates. I've asked you once and I'll do it again, what else do you want to talk about?


I don't know what you want to talk about. I'm talking about your useless post being useless.

Well BlackMamba's recent post just shows that people can miss information. My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not. Do you think I'm scum by my first post?
What is your problem with Toades? Do you think he´s deliberately disruptive?

What makes you think I think that?


Um... this: " My post has already proven itself useful, and your opening post which tries to discredit mine has not"
You are saying that he tries to discredit you ---> you think he tried to discredit you ---> if he tried to discredit you, you are saying he wanted to do this and is being deliberately disruptive. Why not just straight answer the question without adding another one?

There is a difference in someone discrediting me and someone being deliberately disruptive. Forumite phrased the question in a way that seemingly put words in my mouth as I said the former but not the latter (or never intended to so I checked with my question).
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings106
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 39
hero 34
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1109
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 351
minikerr43
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King207
hungrybox130
Other Games
summit1g10265
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick464
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 157
• practicex 21
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo966
• Rush825
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 26m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.