• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8165 users

[Stream] Destiny - Page 62

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 164 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 10 2011 20:09 GMT
#1221
On June 11 2011 05:08 da_head wrote:
holy shit, his last game was fuckin epic.


I thought his game against mass Colo and Stalkers was pretty epic, I'm surprised he didn't lose any infestors. Jesus!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
June 10 2011 20:22 GMT
#1222
Stream down again? Really hope you figure out how to stop that kid from ddosing him T_T
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
Echo312
Profile Joined December 2010
14 Posts
June 10 2011 21:26 GMT
#1223
Destiny please take everything that guy owns/ever will own. For me <3
Kamuy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
June 10 2011 21:30 GMT
#1224
Sorry the DDOS is happening to you. The douche is hitting iNcontroL's stream right now too.
HuK | MC | Naniwa | White-Ra | KiWiKaKi | I love protoss :D
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
June 11 2011 10:32 GMT
#1225
On June 08 2011 05:51 Houkka wrote:
You mean comedians who joke about race, or comedians who are racist? Because there is a huge difference. For comedians who joke about race (other than their own) how about Trey Parker and Matt Stone? I'd say South Park has found its target audience. But no one in their right mind would think those two are racist. Comedians who are racist? I'm not sure that's possible, comedy requires brains, whereas racism requires a lack thereof. I certainly hope there is no market for real racism.

My point being that the effect of a 'racial slur' depends on the context. As well as the effect of any other word that is generally considered offensive. Does anyone actually think Destiny is a racist, homophobe or chauvinist or something of the sort because of the things he says? Because it's pretty damn obvious to me he isn't.

There is no 'context' when it comes to racial slur. A slur is an insult, when you use a racial slur, you are insulting a particular race. When you call someone a nigger, a spick or a chink, you say it to insult the person's race, there is no context.

By the way I am a huge Destiny fan, I enjoy watching his stream, and I like his uncensored approach, but some things you just can't joke about, like Incontrol said, the easy way for his to counter argue would be to say 'Oh then where do I stop drawing the line!'. I'm referring specifically to race.

For example, I remember there was once where CombatEx stream sniped him, and he skyped with CombatEx, and Destiny was just insulting the crap out of CombatEx, and I remember him using quite a few race specific insults. No doubt was laughing as well, but deep down in me, I lost quite a bit of respect for the man, I just could not help but wonder if that was what he really thought about Asians.

I remember him saying something about catering to your audience, his reason for being offensive was "Look my audience wants to hear this, they want to see the uncensored me." I'm pretty sure the bulk of Destiny's audience isn't just Caucasian males, and the easy way out of this would be to say, "Oh if you don't want to hear this, just leave, you don't make up a majority of my viewers." But does that make it right?
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
MrJargon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom158 Posts
June 11 2011 10:47 GMT
#1226
My blastoise will hydropump his turtle dick into your muks fuckin' ass.
Houkka
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland51 Posts
June 11 2011 17:16 GMT
#1227
On June 11 2011 19:32 lisward wrote:
There is no 'context' when it comes to racial slur. A slur is an insult, when you use a racial slur, you are insulting a particular race. When you call someone a nigger, a spick or a chink, you say it to insult the person's race, there is no context.

By the way I am a huge Destiny fan, I enjoy watching his stream, and I like his uncensored approach, but some things you just can't joke about, like Incontrol said, the easy way for his to counter argue would be to say 'Oh then where do I stop drawing the line!'. I'm referring specifically to race.

For example, I remember there was once where CombatEx stream sniped him, and he skyped with CombatEx, and Destiny was just insulting the crap out of CombatEx, and I remember him using quite a few race specific insults. No doubt was laughing as well, but deep down in me, I lost quite a bit of respect for the man, I just could not help but wonder if that was what he really thought about Asians.

I remember him saying something about catering to your audience, his reason for being offensive was "Look my audience wants to hear this, they want to see the uncensored me." I'm pretty sure the bulk of Destiny's audience isn't just Caucasian males, and the easy way out of this would be to say, "Oh if you don't want to hear this, just leave, you don't make up a majority of my viewers." But does that make it right?


I think there IS a context. I personally believe that a lot of people who use these words do it not because they want to insult, but mostly because of the absurdity of the situation. At least if I use one of those words, it'll be because it doesn't make any sense that it's even possible to insult anyone for his race. Of course real racism can be a huge problem, but the whole idea that blacks or asians or mexicans or any other race is inferior is so ridiculously stupid, that I find its absurdity humorous in many situations. It's like making fun of someone who has two legs. It's just stupid. And I find a lot of stupid things funny. Also, speaking of context, language and the meaning of words changes all the time. I can't think of a word that was originally made up to be an insult. And the n-word is no exception. The word came with no implied racism, before it was decided that the word was racist. The problem with racism towards black people isn't/wasn't the n-word, it is/was the racism itself. Changing the name of the situation has no effect whatsoever on the situation itself.

And don't get me wrong, I totally understand why some people don't like to hear language like this. I just disagree with them, and think they draw some false conclusions from the language people use. I like how George Carlin said it: "It's not the word you ought to be concerned about, it's the racist asshole that's using it!".
“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist” -George Carlin
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
June 11 2011 18:01 GMT
#1228
On June 11 2011 19:32 lisward wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 05:51 Houkka wrote:
You mean comedians who joke about race, or comedians who are racist? Because there is a huge difference. For comedians who joke about race (other than their own) how about Trey Parker and Matt Stone? I'd say South Park has found its target audience. But no one in their right mind would think those two are racist. Comedians who are racist? I'm not sure that's possible, comedy requires brains, whereas racism requires a lack thereof. I certainly hope there is no market for real racism.

My point being that the effect of a 'racial slur' depends on the context. As well as the effect of any other word that is generally considered offensive. Does anyone actually think Destiny is a racist, homophobe or chauvinist or something of the sort because of the things he says? Because it's pretty damn obvious to me he isn't.

There is no 'context' when it comes to racial slur. A slur is an insult, when you use a racial slur, you are insulting a particular race. When you call someone a nigger, a spick or a chink, you say it to insult the person's race, there is no context.

By the way I am a huge Destiny fan, I enjoy watching his stream, and I like his uncensored approach, but some things you just can't joke about, like Incontrol said, the easy way for his to counter argue would be to say 'Oh then where do I stop drawing the line!'. I'm referring specifically to race.

For example, I remember there was once where CombatEx stream sniped him, and he skyped with CombatEx, and Destiny was just insulting the crap out of CombatEx, and I remember him using quite a few race specific insults. No doubt was laughing as well, but deep down in me, I lost quite a bit of respect for the man, I just could not help but wonder if that was what he really thought about Asians.

I remember him saying something about catering to your audience, his reason for being offensive was "Look my audience wants to hear this, they want to see the uncensored me." I'm pretty sure the bulk of Destiny's audience isn't just Caucasian males, and the easy way out of this would be to say, "Oh if you don't want to hear this, just leave, you don't make up a majority of my viewers." But does that make it right?


So how about "gay" or "faggot"? That's not racially specific, but holds importance to specific groups of people in the same way that racial slurs do. It gets a bit messy in this regard.

If we know he's not being discriminatory, I don't see the issue on his stream.
r3clay
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands137 Posts
June 11 2011 18:48 GMT
#1229
On June 12 2011 03:01 Mordiford wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2011 19:32 lisward wrote:
On June 08 2011 05:51 Houkka wrote:
You mean comedians who joke about race, or comedians who are racist? Because there is a huge difference. For comedians who joke about race (other than their own) how about Trey Parker and Matt Stone? I'd say South Park has found its target audience. But no one in their right mind would think those two are racist. Comedians who are racist? I'm not sure that's possible, comedy requires brains, whereas racism requires a lack thereof. I certainly hope there is no market for real racism.

My point being that the effect of a 'racial slur' depends on the context. As well as the effect of any other word that is generally considered offensive. Does anyone actually think Destiny is a racist, homophobe or chauvinist or something of the sort because of the things he says? Because it's pretty damn obvious to me he isn't.

There is no 'context' when it comes to racial slur. A slur is an insult, when you use a racial slur, you are insulting a particular race. When you call someone a nigger, a spick or a chink, you say it to insult the person's race, there is no context.

By the way I am a huge Destiny fan, I enjoy watching his stream, and I like his uncensored approach, but some things you just can't joke about, like Incontrol said, the easy way for his to counter argue would be to say 'Oh then where do I stop drawing the line!'. I'm referring specifically to race.

For example, I remember there was once where CombatEx stream sniped him, and he skyped with CombatEx, and Destiny was just insulting the crap out of CombatEx, and I remember him using quite a few race specific insults. No doubt was laughing as well, but deep down in me, I lost quite a bit of respect for the man, I just could not help but wonder if that was what he really thought about Asians.

I remember him saying something about catering to your audience, his reason for being offensive was "Look my audience wants to hear this, they want to see the uncensored me." I'm pretty sure the bulk of Destiny's audience isn't just Caucasian males, and the easy way out of this would be to say, "Oh if you don't want to hear this, just leave, you don't make up a majority of my viewers." But does that make it right?


So how about "gay" or "faggot"? That's not racially specific, but holds importance to specific groups of people in the same way that racial slurs do. It gets a bit messy in this regard.

If we know he's not being discriminatory, I don't see the issue on his stream.


How about the word "NERD" thats a group of people, i believe its even us. but we call ourself nerds, we don't have trouble with it.. there were/are a couple of people who do and start killing people in there school with machineguns.. so the word nerd can't be used too??
no we allow nerd, most of us don't get offended by it.. some do, fuck those same goes with all other words, nigger most don't care some do, fuck those people don't let them spoil everything. We base our rules/thought/principles on the mass of people not a small group in the mass.

I want this rediculous discussing to be over now, cause there is no way to end this fucking stupid dickshit discussion. if yo udon't want to hear harsch words go watch sesame street intstead of piss off.
U Mad Bro?
Cudaflu
Profile Joined July 2010
33 Posts
June 11 2011 19:16 GMT
#1230
Guys, just because Steven is involved with this debate doesn't mean that his stream thread is the correct place to argue about it. Please carry it on in another thread or, preferably, PMs.
Adsee
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
June 11 2011 19:21 GMT
#1231
Wait, he got eliminated from the TLopen?
vijeze
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands719 Posts
June 11 2011 19:24 GMT
#1232
He probably got ddosed.
Adsee
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
June 11 2011 19:30 GMT
#1233
On June 12 2011 04:24 vijeze wrote:
He probably got ddosed.


I actually looked around and found out he forfeited to play Ipl games.
Monox1de
Profile Joined March 2011
United States101 Posts
June 11 2011 19:39 GMT
#1234
He was saying TL open was in conflict with his IPL matches. I think he gave up on the TL open when he heard it wasn't a qualifier since it was in conflict wit his IPL matches.

I'm glad i got to play against him before he had to play his IPL matches. It was a privilege =)

"Some of the best lessons are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom of the future." -Dale Turner
Gnax
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden490 Posts
June 12 2011 21:55 GMT
#1235
What's this song/band/artist called that's being played right now?
Dreaming11
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom105 Posts
June 12 2011 21:59 GMT
#1236
Is anyone else unable to load the stream chat? It's the same both on justin.tv itself and warpprism. I can watch the actual stream.
Gnax
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden490 Posts
June 12 2011 22:00 GMT
#1237
On June 13 2011 06:59 Dreaming11 wrote:
Is anyone else unable to load the stream chat? It's the same both on justin.tv itself and warpprism. I can watch the actual stream.


Yeah, same here.
Dreaming11
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom105 Posts
June 12 2011 22:44 GMT
#1238
It loaded for me on warpprism after about 45 minutes.
AltF4Gate
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom112 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 23:31:37
June 12 2011 23:30 GMT
#1239
Anyone know where to get the replay of the game he was just talking about with the Nexus steal and colossus building? Or was it off-stream?
gg
SolHeiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 23:33:10
June 12 2011 23:32 GMT
#1240
On June 11 2011 19:32 lisward wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 05:51 Houkka wrote:
You mean comedians who joke about race, or comedians who are racist? Because there is a huge difference. For comedians who joke about race (other than their own) how about Trey Parker and Matt Stone? I'd say South Park has found its target audience. But no one in their right mind would think those two are racist. Comedians who are racist? I'm not sure that's possible, comedy requires brains, whereas racism requires a lack thereof. I certainly hope there is no market for real racism.

My point being that the effect of a 'racial slur' depends on the context. As well as the effect of any other word that is generally considered offensive. Does anyone actually think Destiny is a racist, homophobe or chauvinist or something of the sort because of the things he says? Because it's pretty damn obvious to me he isn't.

There is no 'context' when it comes to racial slur. A slur is an insult, when you use a racial slur, you are insulting a particular race. When you call someone a nigger, a spick or a chink, you say it to insult the person's race, there is no context.


Of course there is context. The reason it's widely considered acceptable for black comedians to use the word nigger without anyone calling them racist is because we know they're not racist towards other black people because they, themselves are black. The context is different.

But if a white stand-up comedian uses the word nigger all of a sudden he's using it as a racial slur. Sorry, but no. It all depends on the context. Calling a black friend "my nigga" if you're white is not racist because he knows you're not racist. Calling a black robber a "fucking delinquent nigger who should just rot in prison" is a racial slur because you're insulting and judging a person because of their skin color.
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 164 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 59
MindelVK 28
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8962
Dendi825
Counter-Strike
fl0m2871
byalli1101
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns36704
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax246
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Trikslyr45
Chillindude18
Happy8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV452
League of Legends
• Jankos3116
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1238
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 53m
OSC
9h 53m
Replay Cast
9h 53m
OSC
22h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.