• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9541 users

TSL3 Frequently Asked Questions - Page 4

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
sekritzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
1515 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 20:31:37
January 01 2011 20:30 GMT
#61
On January 02 2011 04:33 Orome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 04:04 sekritzzz wrote:
The map pool removed section made me go O_O. I can understand using a whole new set or maybe removing old maps (desert oasis/kulas) but the choices were kinda weird. There is new/old in play and new/old removed. What is the motive between keeping and removing a map out of curiosity?



balance

they removed the maps that are seen as most imbalanced right now.

I thought it was because of this at first but then there's lost temple's infamous cliff drops which is far worst(imo). Also Scrap station for zerg.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 20:42:01
January 01 2011 20:41 GMT
#62
Edit: reading comprehension durrrr.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
IntoTheBush
Profile Joined July 2010
United States552 Posts
January 01 2011 20:56 GMT
#63
ok so how do we sign up? Ive read everything and theres no place to sign up. details?
imba.FXOpen.Snake
Profile Joined January 2011
Ukraine2 Posts
January 01 2011 21:33 GMT
#64
same question here , how can we sign up ?
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
January 01 2011 21:54 GMT
#65
Look at the dates of the TL Opens for EU and NA respectfully. Registration is on those days.
weakness22
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 23:26:11
January 01 2011 23:25 GMT
#66
My only question is where do I sign up?

edit: Just saw the three similar posts right above, my bad.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 01 2011 23:38 GMT
#67
On January 02 2011 05:30 sekritzzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 04:33 Orome wrote:
On January 02 2011 04:04 sekritzzz wrote:
The map pool removed section made me go O_O. I can understand using a whole new set or maybe removing old maps (desert oasis/kulas) but the choices were kinda weird. There is new/old in play and new/old removed. What is the motive between keeping and removing a map out of curiosity?



balance

they removed the maps that are seen as most imbalanced right now.

I thought it was because of this at first but then there's lost temple's infamous cliff drops which is far worst(imo). Also Scrap station for zerg.


Scrap station isn't really zerg favored anymore....

But LT the drops can be bad at the cliffs yes but its not that bad especially compared to maps like Delta/Steppes.
When I think of something else, something will go here
BlinkGosu
Profile Joined December 2010
United States46 Posts
January 02 2011 00:36 GMT
#68
how do we sign up or enter the tournament..... i have no clue and i've been looking around for quite a while
lol
darklordjac
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2231 Posts
January 02 2011 00:37 GMT
#69
On January 02 2011 09:36 BlinkGosu wrote:
how do we sign up or enter the tournament..... i have no clue and i've been looking around for quite a while


It's just the TL opens. Sign up for those and win for a spot.
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
January 02 2011 00:38 GMT
#70
Thanks for responding, I have more clarity now about the vision of TSL and its intentions to become an international tournament. I still can't say I'm happy about this change, though. I'm also curious as to what the stance of the general TL public would be if feedback were invited on the idea of whether to include koreans before the decision were made. I'm sure it would have been controversial.

I'm disappointed about the tournament, sure, but I think there's something larger for me lurking behind this -- maybe I'm just some nostalgic conservative at heart, but I really don't like the direction teamliquid is going with its intended vision of growth and expansion. I think I liked everthing here a little bit better when it felt like a smaller, tight-knit community of people who loved some obscure ten year old game. With the BW scene starting to feel pretty different to me now -- everyone talking about and playing SC2, considerable stream issues for brood war matches, players retiring, teams dissolving, the whole match fixing scandal, not to mention Blizzard vs. Kespa and all that related shit -- even subtle changes on TL (like the facebook/twitter/youtube buttons, TL getting a sponsor, a headquarters in New York) have been increasingly making me feel like both the game and community I love are gradually becoming something I will no longer enjoy. I love broodwar and I love TL and I'd hate to see it ruined by well-intentioned visions of growth and progress.

Remains to be seen. Happy new year everyone.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 02 2011 02:27 GMT
#71
Honestly dude, what you're saying is just the tired "the small, independent thing I love is growing up / becoming popular / getting sponsors / getting money" argument. I've heard the same thing in the context of bands, TV shows, movies, you name it. Are the times a-changin'? You bet. Is it for the better? I think so. You may disagree, but for the scene as a whole the international unity and popularity that SC2 has been bringing is a net positive.

I'm happy to see these big decisions made for TSL3, and I certainly hope Team Liquid continues to be the face of the international gaming community. I think it's doing what it takes to make that happen.
whole lies with a half smile
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 02 2011 02:37 GMT
#72
What's the format of the tournament? Single elimination all the way? Group stages at the beginning? Double elimination?

Are you concerned with the brackets for the TL Opens filling up too fast? The Craft Cup, a $20 tournament, caps out at 1024 players. Why would a satellite to a $34000 tournament cap out at 512?
Creegz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
January 02 2011 03:00 GMT
#73
I would like to know, what would the times be for the US ones? I live in British Columbia, and I work from 10 to 6:30 PST, getting home at around 7 or so PST. Would I be able to compete or would I be outside the times? Post answer here or PM me, or both, doesn't matter, I will try and keep up with the thread.
Who is this guy? ^
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 02 2011 05:09 GMT
#74
On January 02 2011 12:00 Creegz wrote:
I would like to know, what would the times be for the US ones? I live in British Columbia, and I work from 10 to 6:30 PST, getting home at around 7 or so PST. Would I be able to compete or would I be outside the times? Post answer here or PM me, or both, doesn't matter, I will try and keep up with the thread.



If their doing the same as before it will be 12 pm EST, 10 am mountain time.Dunno if you would be too late or not though
When I think of something else, something will go here
Creegz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
January 02 2011 06:27 GMT
#75
On January 02 2011 14:09 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 12:00 Creegz wrote:
I would like to know, what would the times be for the US ones? I live in British Columbia, and I work from 10 to 6:30 PST, getting home at around 7 or so PST. Would I be able to compete or would I be outside the times? Post answer here or PM me, or both, doesn't matter, I will try and keep up with the thread.



If their doing the same as before it will be 12 pm EST, 10 am mountain time.Dunno if you would be too late or not though

Sounds like I would be. Kinda sucks that most tourneys are on Saturdays I'll never get to attend unless they're Sunday.
Who is this guy? ^
surprise
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany38 Posts
January 02 2011 11:09 GMT
#76
I must say I am really pumped for the TLS 3.
The second one was epic and I expect the third to even surpass it :-D

What I am wondering though about the point system:

Being 16th twice is worth more than being fifth once?
I understand the idea behind the system (reward players who play constantly well), but I wonder if e.g. placing fifth isn't actually worth more than scoring 16th twice.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 11:34:08
January 02 2011 11:30 GMT
#77
there is no 1 by 1 ranking below 4th. 5th-8th are equal, just as 9th-16th are.
5th -8thjust means lost in 1/4-finals (round 6 in a 512 player bracket) and 9th-16th means lost in 1/8-finals (round 7 in a 512 player bracket).
so all it actually means is that reaching the 6th round twice is worth more than reaching the 7th round once, which I think is fair, as it rewards consistency over having a lucky draw once
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
January 02 2011 13:15 GMT
#78
I have a question to ask.

Koreans/Chinese were not allowed to participate in previous TSLs because of the skill of the former and the lag issues of the latter. BUT, SEn and F91 were allowed to play from outside of China. So, I am asking, why don't we allow Chinese and Koreans to play IF they can communicate with the admins and other players?
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
January 02 2011 18:45 GMT
#79
I'm just curious about this, but AFAIK (haven't kept up with the rules) a foreigner is automatically qualified in GSL Code A tournament if he wins a major foreign tournament. Do you know if the TSL3 qualify as a major foreign tournament to gomtv?

I guess this is more of a question to gomtv's side but if it does count, that just makes winning even better.
surprise
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany38 Posts
January 02 2011 20:49 GMT
#80
On January 02 2011 20:30 Carnac wrote:
there is no 1 by 1 ranking below 4th. 5th-8th are equal, just as 9th-16th are.
5th -8thjust means lost in 1/4-finals (round 6 in a 512 player bracket) and 9th-16th means lost in 1/8-finals (round 7 in a 512 player bracket).
so all it actually means is that reaching the 6th round twice is worth more than reaching the 7th round once, which I think is fair, as it rewards consistency over having a lucky draw once


Ah, makes it a lot clearer, thanks for the explanation! :-)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 258
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 273
Dewaltoss 104
Leta 56
sSak 52
Bale 37
NotJumperer 30
ZergMaN 21
Aegong 14
yabsab 8
Icarus 7
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
League of Legends
JimRising 606
Reynor0
Other Games
summit1g10839
Sick197
Nina86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1615
• Stunt473
• Jankos255
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 1m
Replay Cast
16h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.