• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8713 users

SC2 skill replacement keycaps - interest check

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 12:12:24
April 26 2012 20:47 GMT
#1
There have been threads about this in other places like here but I'm thinking about something slightly different.

G'day folks!

Just wanting to enquire about Starcraft 2 themed replacement keycaps - would you be interested in it? Something like I've seen before somewhere (but I can't find the pictures) - where you would have the icon for a SC2 skill on a corresponding key. For example if you were a Protoss you might want a Storm icon key instead of your T key. A Forcefield icon key on your F. Zergies might want inject as V, and so on.

Much like the gorgeous Teamliquid keys (of which I have 2!) I think they'd look snazzy and add some character to your keyboard.

[image loading]


Again, I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in it, because I can talk to some people about it. This is no guarantee it can be done - of course there are factors like talking to Blizzard to get official permission for use of the 'trademark' and such - but like I said, I'd rather see the interest before I go to that kind of trouble.

If you have a "dream" of what you'd like to have as a key layout please do post that here too - keeping in mind that over-saturation of the custom keys would ruin the fun. But that's up to you.

Poll: Would you be interested in purchasing these keycaps?

Yes (103)
 
67%

No (43)
 
28%

Yes - if this option was added (please state) (7)
 
5%

153 total votes

Your vote: Would you be interested in purchasing these keycaps?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): Yes - if this option was added (please state)



Edit: Poll added
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
April 26 2012 20:50 GMT
#2
That TL keycap looks so cool. If I didn't have a laptop at the moment I would get one of those and everytime I pressed it my browser would open a new tab into TL.net. Hopefully in the near future I can afford an actual PC so yes, I am very interested in something like this.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 26 2012 20:56 GMT
#3
On April 27 2012 05:50 Cokefreak wrote:
That TL keycap looks so cool. If I didn't have a laptop at the moment I would get one of those and everytime I pressed it my browser would open a new tab into TL.net. Hopefully in the near future I can afford an actual PC so yes, I am very interested in something like this.


You're interested in the SC2 skill keycap too right... not just the TL one?
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
[DekAr]
Profile Joined February 2011
United States59 Posts
April 26 2012 21:10 GMT
#4
Sounds like a good idea. I'd consider changing keys for FF and Storm at least. Maybe replace the E key with a keycap that has a probe and a pylon on it (although I'm not sure how good it would look being so small).
BlackCloud
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada154 Posts
April 26 2012 21:15 GMT
#5
Yeah i think that would be cool, anything to make my gameing better and my gaming setup look more boss haha, i dont know if the icon is what is totally needed just a sharper color that i can see in the corner of my eye when needed, but nothing wrong with a cool logo that looks good either
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 26 2012 21:16 GMT
#6
On April 27 2012 06:10 [DekAr] wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. I'd consider changing keys for FF and Storm at least. Maybe replace the E key with a keycap that has a probe and a pylon on it (although I'm not sure how good it would look being so small).


If it came to it we'd probably only have one, getting complex with the printing on keys can make it a bit costly and from what I understand - difficult. I know this sucks because in some cases people might want to mix their keys, but the price we pay for having sexy keys I guess
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
April 26 2012 21:31 GMT
#7
On April 27 2012 05:56 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 05:50 Cokefreak wrote:
That TL keycap looks so cool. If I didn't have a laptop at the moment I would get one of those and everytime I pressed it my browser would open a new tab into TL.net. Hopefully in the near future I can afford an actual PC so yes, I am very interested in something like this.


You're interested in the SC2 skill keycap too right... not just the TL one?

Yes I am, I main Zerg, maybe something like Fungal for F. But I have time to think about this later on.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
April 26 2012 21:45 GMT
#8
it'd be freaking awesome.
Zest fanboy.
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
April 26 2012 21:50 GMT
#9
It's a fun thing. I dont know if i'd buy one though, wouldnt go over 3$. I guess i could use a new attackmove key
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
horsebanger
Profile Joined January 2012
141 Posts
April 26 2012 21:56 GMT
#10
not rly interested
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
April 26 2012 22:01 GMT
#11
Would be cool, but I play on grid so every damn skill is on Z and X. All of them.

I've been debating whether or not to switch away from grid but I have too much muscle memory to really justify it imo. I don't really have a lot of misclick issues, it happens super rarely.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
dmasterding
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States205 Posts
April 26 2012 22:09 GMT
#12
This could be p cool! I would definitely be interested in something like that :D
No tears now, only dreams.
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
April 26 2012 22:16 GMT
#13
That'd be pretty badass, not gonna lie.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 26 2012 22:18 GMT
#14
On April 27 2012 07:01 ZeromuS wrote:
Would be cool, but I play on grid so every damn skill is on Z and X. All of them.

I've been debating whether or not to switch away from grid but I have too much muscle memory to really justify it imo. I don't really have a lot of misclick issues, it happens super rarely.


Yeah that's something that didn't occur to me... you grid folks (and other switch-layout style people) would be a bit left out... though I suppose you could still try and work something out. Obviously you could do something like purchase the keys, then put them in your keyboard as you saw fit. Could still work
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Gemini_19
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1261 Posts
April 26 2012 22:21 GMT
#15
I've seen custom made ones of these on reddit, but yes this is a good idea.
@GGemini19 GM Protoss | http://www.twitch.tv/geminisc2 | I <333 HerO & Trap | Check out my Build of the Week series on /r/allthingsprotoss, TL, or Spawning Tool
Treyus
Profile Joined February 2011
38 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 22:33:19
April 26 2012 22:27 GMT
#16
I use grid as well. The thing is once you've played enough you're probably not looking directly at your keys very often anyways (esp with grid layout) because the keys aren't moving. And with grid layout you can tell what key to use by the position on the little command grid thingy on the bottom right of the game screen. I think having them available would be nice. I could get a set and place them however I see fit. Note that once you've played a while the picture on the keycap won't affect your play much, I think it would just be there to make me feel like a nerdbamf lol

edit: I forgot to mention that I play on a laptop currently so while this idea is awesome I wouldn't be able to take advantage
UNeeK
Profile Joined January 2011
United States237 Posts
April 26 2012 22:41 GMT
#17
This would look cool, but nobody actually looks at their keyboard whie playing? This is purely for cosmetic purposes, right? I can't really justify spending more than 2-3$/key just for the cool factor... and unless you're mass producing these, the keys will probably run higher than that...
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 26 2012 22:43 GMT
#18
On April 27 2012 07:27 Treyus wrote:
I use grid as well. The thing is once you've played enough you're probably not looking directly at your keys very often anyways (esp with grid layout) because the keys aren't moving. And with grid layout you can tell what key to use by the position on the little command grid thingy on the bottom right of the game screen. I think having them available would be nice. I could get a set and place them however I see fit. Note that once you've played a while the picture on the keycap won't affect your play much, I think it would just be there to make me feel like a nerdbamf lol

edit: I forgot to mention that I play on a laptop currently so while this idea is awesome I wouldn't be able to take advantage


Nerdbamf... I like that. I hope to see that more often :D
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 26 2012 22:44 GMT
#19
On April 27 2012 07:41 UNeeK wrote:
This would look cool, but nobody actually looks at their keyboard whie playing? This is purely for cosmetic purposes, right? I can't really justify spending more than 2-3$/key just for the cool factor... and unless you're mass producing these, the keys will probably run higher than that...


You're certainly right - that's why I'm looking at interest first. If it's only a small minority that would be interested I'll just leave it be, and I'd suggest those folks head over to Geekhack to get them. But if there is a fair interest in it I can talk to some people and see what we can do about a larger production and making it more cost-effective. Thanks for your feedback <3
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 26 2012 23:16 GMT
#20
10/10 would bang... wait, what? Yes, thats a great idea. My one concern is that I have lights on my keys ATM.

I would love to see - S - pic of SCV, E - pic of Probe, and D - pic of Drone. Also spell icons would be sweet, and even building ones since I usually hotkey the same buildings to the same number.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1434
WardiTV720
OGKoka 264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko407
OGKoka 264
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9095
Bisu 3418
FanTaSy 2987
Shuttle 2149
Jaedong 1704
EffOrt 1428
Horang2 664
actioN 584
BeSt 574
Larva 323
[ Show more ]
Mini 202
Leta 180
soO 166
Zeus 127
Dewaltoss 106
Mind 88
Barracks 81
Snow 72
Sea.KH 59
Stork 51
ToSsGirL 48
Mong 47
hero 37
Yoon 37
Killer 33
sorry 33
Bale 30
Sexy 27
JYJ 25
Free 24
Shinee 23
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 18
Shine 16
zelot 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 9
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3995
qojqva1087
Dendi963
XaKoH 536
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
x6flipin461
Other Games
singsing2654
olofmeister1015
Livibee767
B2W.Neo661
hiko640
crisheroes334
Pyrionflax232
XBOCT220
dupreeh78
QueenE14
Liquid`VortiX4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2097
• Nemesis694
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 10m
Replay Cast
10h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 10m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 10m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.