• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:49
CEST 23:49
KST 06:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8244 users

SC2 skill replacement keycaps - interest check - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 17:44:34
April 27 2012 14:42 GMT
#41
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
April 27 2012 15:16 GMT
#42
design a freaking attack button for protoss
and protoss one is done

User was temp banned for this post.
Incredible Miracle
sapht
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden141 Posts
April 27 2012 17:11 GMT
#43
On April 27 2012 23:25 brijan wrote:
I would throw much monies at the screen to have my T key replaced by a syringe!


Best idea in the thread!

A troll face "c" would also be quite enjoyable.
You can use control groups to train units without even looking at your base.
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
April 27 2012 17:44 GMT
#44
On April 27 2012 11:03 dUTtrOACh wrote:
I for one wouldn't waste money on something so pointless. Cute little idea, but it won't be making anybody a millionaire.


Who said anything about being a millionare? "Pointless" There are a lot of pointless things i bet you buy. But i doesn't stop you does it?
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 27 2012 17:53 GMT
#45
On April 28 2012 02:44 DreamChaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 11:03 dUTtrOACh wrote:
I for one wouldn't waste money on something so pointless. Cute little idea, but it won't be making anybody a millionaire.


Who said anything about being a millionare? "Pointless" There are a lot of pointless things i bet you buy. But i doesn't stop you does it?


I think he actually missed the point. He probably thought you were hoping to make money this way, instead of what I'm reading, which is a group buy to end up getting them cheaper.
BlackBetty
Profile Joined April 2011
21 Posts
April 27 2012 18:05 GMT
#46
Oh my gosh, ah Pylon or Probe button would be so cute ))

but i guess it would be a bit too much money for me to order it from Australia, cause it is like a cute accessoir but not really a necessity ;;
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 27 2012 20:51 GMT
#47
On April 27 2012 22:46 xwoGworwaTsx wrote:
I'd buy it. Max $20 for a whole zerg set. Anything higher and I have to pass.


Awesome thank you for the feedback - still thinking about costs so that helps :D
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 27 2012 20:53 GMT
#48
On April 28 2012 02:53 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2012 02:44 DreamChaser wrote:
On April 27 2012 11:03 dUTtrOACh wrote:
I for one wouldn't waste money on something so pointless. Cute little idea, but it won't be making anybody a millionaire.


Who said anything about being a millionare? "Pointless" There are a lot of pointless things i bet you buy. But i doesn't stop you does it?


I think he actually missed the point. He probably thought you were hoping to make money this way, instead of what I'm reading, which is a group buy to end up getting them cheaper.


It's not even that either - I'm just looking to see if there would be a market for it. I'm assuming it would be small, and I'm not trying to make money at all, just wondering, because I can talk to some people. Hopefully it would help support esports a little
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
CableSCES
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States367 Posts
July 03 2012 16:56 GMT
#49
Resurrecting this thread after I just purchased my TL keycap -- I would totally be interested in purchasing other custom keycaps of this sort.You noted "skill" in the thread title -- what about like league symbols (Bronze - Grandmaster)? That would be pretty fun.
Saving SoCal eSports one sponsor at a time: MSI, JINX, Tt eSPORTS, HyperX, Red Bull ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trixx
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4 Posts
July 09 2012 01:15 GMT
#50
I would definetly be interested in buying some zerg/league key caps. I have a few friends that have been wanting some aswell!
My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and i'm just ferocious.
Grrlicious
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia14 Posts
July 18 2012 10:01 GMT
#51
I'd be very interested. If you do go ahead with it, people would buy it for the novelty factor alone.
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
July 18 2012 11:27 GMT
#52
This is very interesting... It would be very nice if WASD could split up an order and send to multiple locations on their custom keycaps. If we assembled 20 or so people willing to pay for the same mass order, I'd bet they give us a discount similar to the mass purchase one they have already.

The other option is one person having WASD make a bunch and then reselling/reshipping which I assume they would hate.
jcairne
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States127 Posts
July 18 2012 13:26 GMT
#53
I'd love a keycap for T (stim) for Terran. I would surely buy it.
Masvidal
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)213 Posts
July 19 2012 20:43 GMT
#54
I made some of these myself when customizing my DT-35 - my E key is a probe, my T key is the storm icon, etc. They're all raised up on plastic I applied so I can feel them, except for F because it has a bump on it. I have "3d" icons on my number keys as well, for my control group scheme. If anyone wanted to do something similar DIY, I could help, I rearranged the hell out of my keys and with tin snips, a sheet of thin plastic, super glue, and some other stuff I bought online (including extra blank keys with a bump (like F, J, and numpad 5) and a sheet of SC2 icon stickers) added pictures of units/abilities that I can feel the difference between without looking at the keyboard. It has actually helped me to be a lot faster, because all of the important keys have a specific "feel" from the shape of the icon on top. It looks cool, too.
"Teamliquid is a place for starcraft, not boobs." -autoexec
Nightsz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada398 Posts
July 19 2012 22:36 GMT
#55
shut up and take my money!!!!!
lpunatic
Profile Joined October 2011
235 Posts
July 19 2012 23:31 GMT
#56
Skill replacement? I'm always up for some of that!
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 23:54:42
July 19 2012 23:43 GMT
#57
I don't want to crash the party, but, if you're looking at your keyboard, or otherwise spending any time and thought on what button to push instead of doing it absolutely from memory, you're sucking. I'm into customization and aesthetics, and support custom keycaps on that front as an enthusiast. But keycaps as having the potential to enhance your SC2 play is definitely invalid. Seeing people get excited for having a probe key or a storm key is cute, but misguided, as I'm pretty sure that their brain will always be thinking "p" or "t" because that's the way we interface with the entire keyboard, and it has already been ingrained in how we game with it. You won't have time to notice and appreciate the caps in game, and I doubt that a real-world observer is ever going to stare at your special key with anticipation.

It's funner as an idea than a thing scrutinized, let alone invested in.
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 230
Nina 116
SteadfastSC 95
StarCraft: Brood War
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD53
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu816
Other Games
summit1g7376
Grubby2237
shahzam577
C9.Mang0135
Liquid`Ken5
PiGStarcraft4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 61
• Hinosc 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21371
Other Games
• imaqtpie874
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.