• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7246 users

In-Game Standard Hero Builds Project - Page 2

Forum Index > The Tavern
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 369 370 371 Next
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 19:27:24
February 22 2013 19:26 GMT
#21
gonna repost what i said on your brood build

Soul ring recipe first ALWAYS. Better starting items are SR recipe / Tangoes / Sentry wards / 3xBranches. QB is good if you know their lane is weak enough that you can cs and deny, and actually helps immensely once you start poking in and out of jungle. Plus cutting down trees for extra vision (dire side) / secret side shop spot (radiant side) is useful. If the lane is easy for you as brood starting SR recipe / Tangoes / QB / 2xBranches is good. Never start off with Ring of Regen because Tangoes will give you more regen if you actually need it early on and you can buy the ring at the side shop anyway.

I think your skill build on Brood is a bit situational. Generally you will not need to get Ulti at 6, but delaying it should be a conscious decision rather than the normal build. You take ulti whenever you feel like it will help you get a kill or push down a tower, which often comes at lvl 6~8. Your extension items need to include AC and Manta, as those will boost Brood's utility/dps more than MKB or Daedalus.
:)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 22 2013 19:28 GMT
#22
On February 23 2013 04:26 synapse wrote:
gonna repost what i said on your brood build

Soul ring recipe first ALWAYS. Better starting items are SR recipe / Tangoes / Sentry wards / 3xBranches. QB is good if you know their lane is weak enough that you can cs and deny, and actually helps immensely once you start poking in and out of jungle. Plus cutting down trees for extra vision (dire side) / secret side shop spot (radiant side) is useful. If the lane is easy for you as brood starting SR recipe / Tangoes / QB / 2xBranches is good. Never start off with Ring of Regen because Tangoes will give you more regen if you actually need it early on and you can buy the ring at the side shop anyway.

I think your skill build on Brood is a bit situational. Generally you will not need to get Ulti at 6, but delaying it should be a conscious decision rather than the normal build. You take ulti whenever you feel like it will help you get a kill or push down a tower, which often comes at lvl 6~8. Your extension items need to include AC and Manta, as those will boost Brood's utility/dps more than MKB or Daedalus.


Yep, it's been updated. I just have to publish the changes. Give me a minute then take a look!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
February 22 2013 19:28 GMT
#23
On February 23 2013 04:28 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 04:26 synapse wrote:
gonna repost what i said on your brood build

Soul ring recipe first ALWAYS. Better starting items are SR recipe / Tangoes / Sentry wards / 3xBranches. QB is good if you know their lane is weak enough that you can cs and deny, and actually helps immensely once you start poking in and out of jungle. Plus cutting down trees for extra vision (dire side) / secret side shop spot (radiant side) is useful. If the lane is easy for you as brood starting SR recipe / Tangoes / QB / 2xBranches is good. Never start off with Ring of Regen because Tangoes will give you more regen if you actually need it early on and you can buy the ring at the side shop anyway.

I think your skill build on Brood is a bit situational. Generally you will not need to get Ulti at 6, but delaying it should be a conscious decision rather than the normal build. You take ulti whenever you feel like it will help you get a kill or push down a tower, which often comes at lvl 6~8. Your extension items need to include AC and Manta, as those will boost Brood's utility/dps more than MKB or Daedalus.


Yep, it's been updated. I just have to publish the changes. Give me a minute then take a look!

haha np
:)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 22 2013 19:30 GMT
#24
Steam Cloud is so slow. Takes at least 50 seconds to load a page.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 22 2013 19:34 GMT
#25
On February 23 2013 04:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
Steam Cloud is so slow. Takes at least 50 seconds to load a page.


I was noticing that... Is it always like this?

Also, if its all the same to you I don't have any desire to be "credited" at the bottom of the guides
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 19:38:03
February 22 2013 19:36 GMT
#26
On February 23 2013 04:34 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 04:30 Torte de Lini wrote:
Steam Cloud is so slow. Takes at least 50 seconds to load a page.


I was noticing that... Is it always like this?

Also, if its all the same to you I don't have any desire to be "credited" at the bottom of the guides


It wasn't last night when it was first released T_T

Ok, I'll stop doing it~

broodmother updated
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 19:52:03
February 22 2013 19:37 GMT
#27
Disruptor published.
Keeper of the Light published.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 22 2013 19:53 GMT
#28
Your author note for bloodrage (on BS) calls it Blood Bath.

Your troll guide intro needs some proofreading as well. ("...an incredible low cooldown global ultimate that allows extends his attack speed to reach near maximum speed!")

If you don't care about nitpicks like this let me know and I'll ignore them.

LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 22 2013 19:55 GMT
#29
As a general note, it starts to get really cumbersome to give criticism when you publish guides faster than people can critique them.

I think it would be easier to get the guides to a good state if you make sure the existing ones are 100% where they need to be before you add new ones.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:09:12
February 22 2013 20:02 GMT
#30
On February 23 2013 04:55 TheYango wrote:
As a general note, it starts to get really cumbersome to give criticism when you publish guides faster than people can critique them.

I think it would be easier to get the guides to a good state if you make sure the existing ones are 100% where they need to be before you add new ones.


The issue is is that I can't be guaranteed that any and all guides will be criticized to the point of general acceptance. Additionally, I work in a three-step program where I publish one, start the other and revise the wordings on most of them in the Steam Workshop site.

The pace of which I receive criticisms depends on the time of day and its best to publish them, receive the criticisms, then make the changes while its still public. The guides need to be published in order for you guys to see them, otherwise its just text.

I work fast enough in all three state to maintain consistent production to weave through most of these guides.

On February 23 2013 04:53 Sn0_Man wrote:
Your author note for bloodrage (on BS) calls it Blood Bath.

Your troll guide intro needs some proofreading as well. ("...an incredible low cooldown global ultimate that allows extends his attack speed to reach near maximum speed!")

If you don't care about nitpicks like this let me know and I'll ignore them.



I CARE! THanks! I'm doing it now!

edit: Bane published.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:23:00
February 22 2013 20:18 GMT
#31
Hmmm, I always thought kotl stopped at 3 chakra until he had max illuminate and 1 in ulti since at level 3 chakra can essentially sustain non-stop illuminates.

So like
1 Illuminate
2 Chakra
3 Chakra
4 Illuminate
5 Chakra
6 Ulti/Illuminate
7 Illuminate
8 Ulti/Illuminate
9 Chakra
10 Leak
11 Ulti
etc

EDIT: Disraptor isn't showing any items?

Also, A tip is that the last tick of his thunder strike goes off 4 seconds after you cast it, so this can be used to estimate glimpse timings. (aka blast him where you want to glimpse him back to, then glimpse him when blast ends). Dunno where/how you would fit that in.

LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 22 2013 20:20 GMT
#32
It depends on the laner and how well they use Chakra.
Moderator
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
February 22 2013 20:21 GMT
#33
On February 23 2013 05:02 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2013 04:55 TheYango wrote:
As a general note, it starts to get really cumbersome to give criticism when you publish guides faster than people can critique them.

I think it would be easier to get the guides to a good state if you make sure the existing ones are 100% where they need to be before you add new ones.


The issue is is that I can't be guaranteed that any and all guides will be criticized to the point of general acceptance. Additionally, I work in a three-step program where I publish one, start the other and revise the wordings on most of them in the Steam Workshop site.

The pace of which I receive criticisms depends on the time of day and its best to publish them, receive the criticisms, then make the changes while its still public. The guides need to be published in order for you guys to see them, otherwise its just text.

I work fast enough in all three state to maintain consistent production to weave through most of these guides.


I think the issue with this kind of thinking is that you end up publishing a lot of average guides but few great ones. Considering the amount of guides that I assume will be published fairly quickly, that seems like a waste.

For example, just looking at the ones you think are perfect or near perfect:
Sniper: Lothars as an essential item, but in the discription you say it's situational if you need an escape. Is it situational or is it a core item? While at the same times your situational items lack any kind of explanation on why they are situational and when you should buy a desolator or HotD.
Razor: Vanguard on ranged at all seems like a waste most of the time, but at least you explained that. Still, you should mention Pipe if you consider Hood core, and it should give you better benefits than a late Vanguard.

For me, the way someone fairly new would read this kind of guides is: Start with starting items, quickly build you basic items and work towards your essential items. Only after you have them with get your situational/luxury items. For your Razor guide, if I were a newbie, what I would probally do is get either Hood or Mek before thinking of Vanguard, maybe both, and by then it is kinda late for it.

Overall I just think it lacks a bit on when and why to build some items, you have to consider that people that read this things will follow them blindly. It's why you see people playing Sylla starting with a full headress because the guide says so, and why people would build desolator first every game if it is a core item for Lanaya.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
February 22 2013 20:22 GMT
#34
Quick note, Mek is in no way core on CM.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:32:59
February 22 2013 20:24 GMT
#35
Overall I just think it lacks a bit on when and why to build some items, you have to consider that people that read this things will follow them blindly. It's why you see people playing Sylla starting with a full headress because the guide says so, and why people would build desolator first every game if it is a core item for Lanaya.


There is no room to write why and when to build these items. If I want to list all of its uses in addition to common scenarios, I cannot fit a why and when. The why is sometimes written within the author's note, but Valve literally does not offer enough characters to fit a "When"

On February 23 2013 05:22 maru~ wrote:
Quick note, Mek is in no way core on CM.


Yep, being changed.

edit: Lich Published.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
RockIronrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia1369 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:36:38
February 22 2013 20:33 GMT
#36
On Dazzle, I think getting 3 levels of poison should take precedence over shadow weave. Shadow weave's damage in fights is inconsistent due to the way it works, and in early fights a slow/stun is slightly more useful than a burst heal, though that depends on whether you're playing aggressively or defensively.
For Bounty Hunter, I think a second level of Jinada is more damage effective than a third level of shuriken, since the damage jump from level 2/3 on shuriken isn't that much, and honestly isn't worth the mana cost increase.
I personally max orbs on Wisp before tether, but I only play Wisp if I'm laning with someone with their own stun/slow where quick burst damage is more valuable than a stun length increase, so I'm not sure if that's a comprehensive build.
On KotL I'd prefer to get my ultimate at level 6 and delay the fourth level of chakra, since I think the blind and TP are infinitely more useful than the little extra mana that's usually not vital.
On Ogre, I'd move Aghs off core items, it's a waste of money before any big mana item and level 16 since you'll just end up eating all your mana away for no reason.
Picking Axe should always be accompanied with "i mid i tank this good champ pls dont noob".
And yeah that's the heroes I play sometimes that have different builds to yours. I'm by no means an expert, actually good or sober so take it with a grain of salt.

oh and also on bane and razor, damage steal is the best level 1 skill to get if you're mid/not in a defensive tri since it'll cripple their csing early. static link > plasma field on the first level
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:38:05
February 22 2013 20:36 GMT
#37
On February 23 2013 05:33 RockIronrod wrote:
On Dazzle, I think getting 3 levels of poison should take precedence over shadow weave. Shadow weave's damage in fights is inconsistent due to the way it works, and in early fights a slow/stun is slightly more useful than a burst heal, though that depends on whether you're playing aggressively or defensively.
For Bounty Hunter, I think a second level of Jinada is more damage effective than a third level of shuriken, since the damage jump from level 2/3 on shuriken isn't that much, and honestly isn't worth the mana cost increase.
I personally max orbs on Wisp before tether, but I only play Wisp if I'm laning with someone with their own stun/slow where quick burst damage is more valuable than a stun length increase, so I'm not sure if that's a comprehensive build.
On KotL I'd prefer to get my ultimate at level 6 and delay the fourth level of chakra, since I think the blind and TP are infinitely more useful than the little extra mana that's usually not vital.
On Ogre, I'd move Aghs off core items, it's a waste of money before any big mana item and level 16 since you'll just end up eating all your mana away for no reason.
Picking Axe should always be accompanied with "i mid i tank this good champ pls dont noob".
And yeah that's the heroes I play sometimes that have different builds to yours. I'm by no means an expert, actually good or sober so take it with a grain of salt.


I was hesitant on Ogre Magi Agh as core. What do you think his core should be?

I play Wisp a fair lot and I prefer maxing tether, but maxing spirits is also good. I think that really depends.

edit: fixing Disruptor now, thanks!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 22 2013 20:40 GMT
#38
I was under the impression it was customary for puck to get 1 in phase shift at level 2 to avoid nukes and win harass wars, but I admit I don't play a ton of puck. I've seen pros level it

1) Orb
2) phase shift
3) Silence
4) Orb
5) Orb
6) Ult
etc

Max orb then silence, ulti whenever possible. I feel like for a generic guide having the dodge capability early may be more applicable than the max nuke build against *most* mid opponents.

Oh yeah your ogre build has a stout shield at the start but IMO he should use that 250g for wards OR courier and a salve. Ogre shouldn't really be getting right clicked in lane too much and he is definitely a support.

I'm aware that you can't do A "or" B items in these guides though
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:43:20
February 22 2013 20:43 GMT
#39
On February 23 2013 05:40 Sn0_Man wrote:
I was under the impression it was customary for puck to get 1 in phase shift at level 2 to avoid nukes and win harass wars, but I admit I don't play a ton of puck. I've seen pros level it

1) Orb
2) phase shift
3) Silence
4) Orb
5) Orb
6) Ult
etc

Max orb then silence, ulti whenever possible. I feel like for a generic guide having the dodge capability early may be more applicable than the max nuke build against *most* mid opponents.

Oh yeah your ogre build has a stout shield at the start but IMO he should use that 250g for wards OR courier and a salve. Ogre shouldn't really be getting right clicked in lane too much and he is definitely a support.

I'm aware that you can't do A "or" B items in these guides though


I put both for courrier/Wards with the author's note indicating to get one or the other. Hopefully people will read.
And you're right, that is a mistake of mine

Published Lich, updated Disruptor.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 20:45:16
February 22 2013 20:43 GMT
#40
Armlet is definitely NOT a core item on Night Stalker. It is at best situational. Stick/wand situational. Luxury includes Heart aswell.
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 369 370 371 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM971
TaKeTV 338
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 182
ZombieGrub104
BRAT_OK 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 971
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 182
MaxPax 166
ZombieGrub104
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason57
Nathanias 42
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 569
White-Ra 149
firebathero 79
Barracks 75
Shine 45
910 44
Killer 27
Trap 21
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 773
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0200
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9393
crisheroes1843
Liquid`Hasu1669
Trikslyr80
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5339
summit1g5105
singsing1297
Beastyqt846
shahzam447
B2W.Neo316
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC61
Pyrionflax55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream404
Other Games
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV141
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie653
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h
Afreeca Starleague
14h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.