• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:19
CEST 06:19
KST 13:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7547 users

The Ultimate Headphone/Audio Thread. Seriously - Page 28

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 47 Next All
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
July 01 2013 03:17 GMT
#541
I have a pair of AD700s that I quite like. I've gotten into DOTA though. Anyone have a suggestion for a mic I can clip on to my headphone (or shirt) to use for skype and stuff while gaming?
MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
July 01 2013 03:21 GMT
#542
Hi I am looking to get a new pair of headphones.

Budget - My Budget is 250 dollars Canadian
Source - My computer the sound card is just one attached to my motherboard
Requirements for Isolation - I need some I will be using my headphones in the library and at home with a roommate in the same room.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Full sized (comfortable for long periods of time)
Preferred tonal balance - I would like overall balanced headphones
Past headphones - Apple ear buds and Sony MDR-XD200 (very uncomfortable after long periods time to the top of your head)
Preferred Music - Drum and bass as well as classical music and jazz.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!
JDI1
Profile Joined December 2010
United States69 Posts
July 01 2013 06:12 GMT
#543
^^
modmic.com or just a Zalman clip-on mic is fine.

^
Beyerdynamic DT770. A bit bass heavy but you'll appreciate it eventually. Or an Audio Technica A900X, but this one doesn't isolate as well as the Beyer.
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
July 01 2013 06:24 GMT
#544
Hey! I am looking for new pair of headphones as my old ones are rather worn out
I DJ in medium-sized to big clubs and I need headphones that will cancel the surrounding music as much as possible
I have a budget of around 300 usd.
any suggestions?
Liquid through and through
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 06:35:00
July 01 2013 06:30 GMT
#545
On July 01 2013 15:24 OceanLab wrote:
Hey! I am looking for new pair of headphones as my old ones are rather worn out
I DJ in medium-sized to big clubs and I need headphones that will cancel the surrounding music as much as possible
I have a budget of around 300 usd.
any suggestions?


Shure SRH750DJ are the only recommended DJ headphones really. Could also try the newer AKG K619DJ but that'll be a gamble. I do not recommend the AKG K167/267 btw, even though the isolation on those is amazing. The Shure SRH is a lot more durable than AKG.

Are you actually OceanLab or just a fan? haha
There is no one like you in the universe.
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 06:32:00
July 01 2013 06:31 GMT
#546
On July 01 2013 15:30 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2013 15:24 OceanLab wrote:
Hey! I am looking for new pair of headphones as my old ones are rather worn out
I DJ in medium-sized to big clubs and I need headphones that will cancel the surrounding music as much as possible
I have a budget of around 300 usd.
any suggestions?


SRH750DJ are the only recommended DJ headphones.

Are you actually OceanLab or just a fan? haha

If I was part of OceanLab I wouldn't need to ask haha! Just a big fan
thanks by the way i'll look them up
Liquid through and through
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 06:38:44
July 01 2013 06:35 GMT
#547
On July 01 2013 15:24 OceanLab wrote:
Hey! I am looking for new pair of headphones as my old ones are rather worn out
I DJ in medium-sized to big clubs and I need headphones that will cancel the surrounding music as much as possible
I have a budget of around 300 usd.
any suggestions?


While its nowhere near 300, I know the v-moda crossfades get really good reviews and are pretty cheap (for your budget) at around ~130.

-----------------------------------------

I just got a bonus and so I have a bunch of headphone splurge money! :D I was thinking about going into customs, what are some good entry-levels?

I was looking at the 1964's both triple and double, any thoughts?
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
HotCookies
Profile Joined January 2011
Greece149 Posts
July 01 2013 20:01 GMT
#548
Hello guys I am looking for some mid range headphones about 50 euro. I just want them for average use (skyping,gaming,music etc ) and I need them to be comfy because I wear glasses and the previous ones weren't so comfortable. If you could suggest me a good pair I would be thankful, I have no idea about headphones
amd098
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (North)1366 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 00:17:35
July 15 2013 17:25 GMT
#549
So my headset broke.
Steelseries diablo 3 headset, the screwholes internally just broke, i opened it and removed the little bits of clear plastic rattling inside.
The little wires that hold the headset on your head are also not aligned anymore, so i would be vary if recommending it to anyong.

So I'm in the mood for a new headset, and looking at the g35 and g930
$5 more for wireless, any feedback on them? I've contacted steelseries support, but from what ive heard they dont do much and im out of warranty as its only 3 months, and i ordered them in march.

I prefer USB personally, and my max price is 100

Anyone have any other suggestions?



edit bought them. wireless interference in this apartment complex is horrible. i get crackling and my audio just drops at times. at least once per hour.

any other headphones for around 110 that i can buy on amazon US? not a fan of the logitech as they cut.
North Korea is best Korea!
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 03:06:03
July 25 2013 03:05 GMT
#550
I know the Sennheiser HD518 and HD558 are open, but how much sound do they leak? My main question is how high can you have the volume before someone ~6 feet away from you can clearly hear (i.e. be able to identify the song from hearing the lyrics etc.)

The HD558s look ridiculously comfortable and I find that a lot of closed headphones are uncomfortable on my jaw.
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 25 2013 03:16 GMT
#551
If there isn't much ambient noise, at normal listening volumes, people would be able to hear like that from farther than 6 feet.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 25 2013 06:39 GMT
#552
On July 25 2013 12:16 Myrmidon wrote:
If there isn't much ambient noise, at normal listening volumes, people would be able to hear like that from farther than 6 feet.


I want to add that I used to be (still am?) a very quiet listener and this idea that open headphones leaked sound wasn't really real for me. If one of my open headphones were on my head you couldn't hear it from >1.5ft away.

If you're having problems on your jaw it's less the closed headphone and more the type of closed headphones. They probably just clamped too hard, weren't fitted well or were just bad. There are nice comfortable closed headphones out there if you really want to keep down that road.
There is no one like you in the universe.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
July 25 2013 06:51 GMT
#553
Open headphones leak enought sound that they seem to be mini-speakers.
Most of them time, if there is ambient noise, you will have to crank up the volume up anyway so as a rule of thumb: Open headphones are NOT for mobile use or if you listent o things that will anoy people.

If you use them in a room with your door closed however, people will be able to to tell what you are listening to but it Should not bother them unless you are half deaf and listen at insane volumes.

Now, I do use open headphones on the move (travel from work-Home) but I listen at lower levels than normally (i hear everything that happens on the bus) and I always try to find a spot away from other passnagers to not bother them.

Currently im looking for a closed headphone or some IEMs for that, but I still want another model (Senns HD 600) before buying a mobile can/IEM.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 07:01:55
July 25 2013 07:00 GMT
#554
On July 25 2013 15:51 iloveav wrote:
Open headphones leak enought sound that they seem to be mini-speakers.
Most of them time, if there is ambient noise, you will have to crank up the volume up anyway so as a rule of thumb: Open headphones are NOT for mobile use or if you listent o things that will anoy people.

If you use them in a room with your door closed however, people will be able to to tell what you are listening to but it Should not bother them unless you are half deaf and listen at insane volumes.

Now, I do use open headphones on the move (travel from work-Home) but I listen at lower levels than normally (i hear everything that happens on the bus) and I always try to find a spot away from other passnagers to not bother them.

Currently im looking for a closed headphone or some IEMs for that, but I still want another model (Senns HD 600) before buying a mobile can/IEM.



see, that line seems completely bullshit to me lol
There is no one like you in the universe.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
July 25 2013 09:26 GMT
#555
On July 25 2013 16:00 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 15:51 iloveav wrote:
Open headphones leak enought sound that they seem to be mini-speakers.
Most of them time, if there is ambient noise, you will have to crank up the volume up anyway so as a rule of thumb: Open headphones are NOT for mobile use or if you listent o things that will anoy people.

If you use them in a room with your door closed however, people will be able to to tell what you are listening to but it Should not bother them unless you are half deaf and listen at insane volumes.

Now, I do use open headphones on the move (travel from work-Home) but I listen at lower levels than normally (i hear everything that happens on the bus) and I always try to find a spot away from other passnagers to not bother them.

Currently im looking for a closed headphone or some IEMs for that, but I still want another model (Senns HD 600) before buying a mobile can/IEM.



see, that line seems completely bullshit to me lol


Yeah, Its not the best sentence gramaticly speaking, but its true that you can hear them from another side of a closed door.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
July 25 2013 13:03 GMT
#556
On July 25 2013 15:39 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 12:16 Myrmidon wrote:
If there isn't much ambient noise, at normal listening volumes, people would be able to hear like that from farther than 6 feet.


I want to add that I used to be (still am?) a very quiet listener and this idea that open headphones leaked sound wasn't really real for me. If one of my open headphones were on my head you couldn't hear it from >1.5ft away.

If you're having problems on your jaw it's less the closed headphone and more the type of closed headphones. They probably just clamped too hard, weren't fitted well or were just bad. There are nice comfortable closed headphones out there if you really want to keep down that road.


I've tried a few headphones out, such as the M-Audio Q40 and DT770 Pro. Q40s clamped my jaw like mad and the DT770 Pro 80s sounded distant, the mids were virtually non-existant.
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 17:13:46
July 25 2013 16:57 GMT
#557
On July 25 2013 18:26 iloveav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 16:00 Blisse wrote:
On July 25 2013 15:51 iloveav wrote:
Open headphones leak enought sound that they seem to be mini-speakers.
Most of them time, if there is ambient noise, you will have to crank up the volume up anyway so as a rule of thumb: Open headphones are NOT for mobile use or if you listent o things that will anoy people.

If you use them in a room with your door closed however, people will be able to to tell what you are listening to but it Should not bother them unless you are half deaf and listen at insane volumes.

Now, I do use open headphones on the move (travel from work-Home) but I listen at lower levels than normally (i hear everything that happens on the bus) and I always try to find a spot away from other passnagers to not bother them.

Currently im looking for a closed headphone or some IEMs for that, but I still want another model (Senns HD 600) before buying a mobile can/IEM.



see, that line seems completely bullshit to me lol


Yeah, Its not the best sentence gramaticly speaking, but its true that you can hear them from another side of a closed door.


Now you're just pulling shit out of your ass. No, that's not true. The volumes you listen to are way too high if that's the case.

6ft, probably so. Through a door, no way unless you're blasting it already.

And they're definitely not mini-speakers.


On July 25 2013 22:03 Mackem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 15:39 Blisse wrote:
On July 25 2013 12:16 Myrmidon wrote:
If there isn't much ambient noise, at normal listening volumes, people would be able to hear like that from farther than 6 feet.


I want to add that I used to be (still am?) a very quiet listener and this idea that open headphones leaked sound wasn't really real for me. If one of my open headphones were on my head you couldn't hear it from >1.5ft away.

If you're having problems on your jaw it's less the closed headphone and more the type of closed headphones. They probably just clamped too hard, weren't fitted well or were just bad. There are nice comfortable closed headphones out there if you really want to keep down that road.


I've tried a few headphones out, such as the M-Audio Q40 and DT770 Pro. Q40s clamped my jaw like mad and the DT770 Pro 80s sounded distant, the mids were virtually non-existant.


The Q40s are pretty shitty headphones in terms of comfort. The DT770 should be a lot better, but if you feel that the mids sound distant, that's a symptom of a lot of closed headphones. You'd need a larger sample to really pinpoint if it was just the phones or if you prefer more mid/forward sounding headphones, or if it's a music mismatch.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
July 25 2013 20:44 GMT
#558
On July 26 2013 01:57 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 18:26 iloveav wrote:
On July 25 2013 16:00 Blisse wrote:
On July 25 2013 15:51 iloveav wrote:
Open headphones leak enought sound that they seem to be mini-speakers.
Most of them time, if there is ambient noise, you will have to crank up the volume up anyway so as a rule of thumb: Open headphones are NOT for mobile use or if you listent o things that will anoy people.

If you use them in a room with your door closed however, people will be able to to tell what you are listening to but it Should not bother them unless you are half deaf and listen at insane volumes.

Now, I do use open headphones on the move (travel from work-Home) but I listen at lower levels than normally (i hear everything that happens on the bus) and I always try to find a spot away from other passnagers to not bother them.

Currently im looking for a closed headphone or some IEMs for that, but I still want another model (Senns HD 600) before buying a mobile can/IEM.



see, that line seems completely bullshit to me lol


Yeah, Its not the best sentence gramaticly speaking, but its true that you can hear them from another side of a closed door.


Now you're just pulling shit out of your ass. No, that's not true. The volumes you listen to are way too high if that's the case.

6ft, probably so. Through a door, no way unless you're blasting it already.

And they're definitely not mini-speakers.


Show nested quote +
On July 25 2013 22:03 Mackem wrote:
On July 25 2013 15:39 Blisse wrote:
On July 25 2013 12:16 Myrmidon wrote:
If there isn't much ambient noise, at normal listening volumes, people would be able to hear like that from farther than 6 feet.


I want to add that I used to be (still am?) a very quiet listener and this idea that open headphones leaked sound wasn't really real for me. If one of my open headphones were on my head you couldn't hear it from >1.5ft away.

If you're having problems on your jaw it's less the closed headphone and more the type of closed headphones. They probably just clamped too hard, weren't fitted well or were just bad. There are nice comfortable closed headphones out there if you really want to keep down that road.


I've tried a few headphones out, such as the M-Audio Q40 and DT770 Pro. Q40s clamped my jaw like mad and the DT770 Pro 80s sounded distant, the mids were virtually non-existant.


The Q40s are pretty shitty headphones in terms of comfort. The DT770 should be a lot better, but if you feel that the mids sound distant, that's a symptom of a lot of closed headphones. You'd need a larger sample to really pinpoint if it was just the phones or if you prefer more mid/forward sounding headphones, or if it's a music mismatch.


Yeah I didn't use the DT770 Pro 80s for long, that was just my initial impression listening to some trance.
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
July 25 2013 23:39 GMT
#559
So I'm not sure if this quite counts in this thread, but does anyone have a good resource for microphones that would supplement a decent pair of headphones I already own?

I would prefer something that does not stand on the table (in the way) and as long as the audio quality is good enough for gaming. Are the lavalier/lapel mounted style mics any good or are the main choices either gaming headset or mounted mic (a la TB, DJ Wheat, JP style)?
z0rz
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States350 Posts
July 26 2013 01:23 GMT
#560
^ http://www.modmic.com/

They're doing a test run of the 3.0 mic which is unidirectional (I have one -- used to hear my keyboard clickclacking and tons of noise when a train went by on my old Logitech stand mic. All of that is practically silent now). Otherwise you can get the 2.0 which is omnidirectional and will pick up more background noise but supposedly sounds slightly better overall. My 3.0 sounds amazing though.
twitch.tv/fartymcbutt
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft477
RuFF_SC2 208
Nina 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3109
GuemChi 912
Leta 120
Terrorterran 76
Bale 40
NaDa 38
Noble 3
Dota 2
febbydoto9
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Mew2King44
Other Games
summit1g7763
C9.Mang0281
ViBE107
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Pr0nogo 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1303
• Stunt361
Other Games
• Shiphtur519
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 41m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.