• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10096 users

The Ultimate Headphone/Audio Thread. Seriously - Page 29

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 47 Next All
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
July 26 2013 20:36 GMT
#561
Im looking for a good headset for dota2/csgo and just overall good.
My tvs right beside my computer and I would like it so that the headset wouldnt get any sounds from the tv.
Look to buy one aroun 50-100$.

I use to have razer headset but it broke so im never going back tothem
我是冠军
Aiobhill
Profile Joined June 2013
Germany283 Posts
July 27 2013 11:38 GMT
#562
Currently using a gaming headset which was not really comfortable from day 1. Now left hand side sound cuts out from time to time, so I am more than happy to replace it. I could get an AKG K 550 relatively cheap, but am unable to wear/test it before purchase.

Top criteria for me are comfort - I have a big head, no glasses - and speech quality. Gaming sound quality comes a distant third but does play a role, music however is mostly an afterthought as I have excellent speakers and live in an environment where I can fully use them at least at non-wacky times.

Would the AKG be a reasonable purchase for me or should I look for one of those lighter, optimised for speech thingies? Cheers!
Axslav - apm70maphacks - tak3r
Sid(TB)
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States314 Posts
July 27 2013 18:12 GMT
#563
tried going though alot of the thread to find what im lookin for with no success. trying to find headphones (with a mic) that also have good quality noise reduction. something so i can play games while blocking out screaming children in the back ground (for example) any suggestions? prefer under 100$ but can go up to about 150, thanks in advance
rEAdY tO bE iNfEcTeD?
forevern00b.jpeg
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom6 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-27 19:39:03
July 27 2013 19:38 GMT
#564
]has anybody got or used the razer kraken headphones im looking at buying them and wanted to know if they were any good?? the reviews seem to be good.

any information would be brilliant.


http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,s=26584&iid=372840,00.asp
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 27 2013 23:00 GMT
#565
On July 27 2013 20:38 Aiobhill wrote:
Currently using a gaming headset which was not really comfortable from day 1. Now left hand side sound cuts out from time to time, so I am more than happy to replace it. I could get an AKG K 550 relatively cheap, but am unable to wear/test it before purchase.

Top criteria for me are comfort - I have a big head, no glasses - and speech quality. Gaming sound quality comes a distant third but does play a role, music however is mostly an afterthought as I have excellent speakers and live in an environment where I can fully use them at least at non-wacky times.

Would the AKG be a reasonable purchase for me or should I look for one of those lighter, optimised for speech thingies? Cheers!


The AKG K550 has no microphone so your speech quality point is moot. Similarly, some people with big heads find that the K550 don't seal enough at the bottom, so the sound isn't that great, but the comfort is excellent. You need to try them out before purchasing, as with all headphone purchases, to ensure the fit is good.



On July 28 2013 04:38 forevern00b.jpeg wrote:
]has anybody got or used the razer kraken headphones im looking at buying them and wanted to know if they were any good?? the reviews seem to be good.

any information would be brilliant.


http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,s=26584&iid=372840,00.asp



Kraken's are gaming headphones. As such, the only people who review them as good are people who haven't used audiophile headphones. If you were to look for a replacement from headphone manufacturers that are reputable, you can easily find one that's a fair bit better. However, if that's too difficult and the Razer headphones are convenient, the Krakens are OK I guess.








I just want to note guys, a lot of us here don't really have opinions on HEADSETS. HEADSETS have microphones built into them, HEADPHONES don't. We dismiss HEADSETS entirely because that means we have to 1. weed through a lot of non-audiophile reviews to find legitimate ones, and 2. it's been proven now you're going to spend more than $100 more on a headset than on a pair of headphones with the same sound quality. So asking for HEADSET recommendations is really useless, at least here.

If you want a guide you can trust, look at this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-7-18-2013-philips-fidelio-x1-added
There is no one like you in the universe.
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
July 28 2013 18:46 GMT
#566
On July 25 2013 12:05 Mackem wrote:
I know the Sennheiser HD518 and HD558 are open, but how much sound do they leak? My main question is how high can you have the volume before someone ~6 feet away from you can clearly hear (i.e. be able to identify the song from hearing the lyrics etc.)

The HD558s look ridiculously comfortable and I find that a lot of closed headphones are uncomfortable on my jaw.

Sort of depends on how loud you crank the volume. I personally don't listen to stuff that loud, so people can't hear what I'm doing. My brother on the other hand (with 555s, he's had them for awhile)... not so much Though that said, from my experience it's not really enough to tell exactly what's playing on his headphones, just generally that there's sound coming from his ears.

The other thing is that they have basically 0 isolation. So not only will people be able to hear that you're listening to something, but you can hear outside stuff pretty clearly. So it depends on your environment.

They are incredibly comfortable. Holy shit they're so comfortable.
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
DaveSprite
Profile Joined February 2013
United States79 Posts
July 29 2013 16:18 GMT
#567
Hi guys,

Looking for a headphone recommendation. I have a budget of about 80-100 USD and I'm looking for a set of closed, comfortable headphones. I'll be using them a lot for gaming but I also want to use them as guitar headphones so I can practice with my amp again without disturbing the neighbors. Mic is not an issue because if one doesn't come with I'll head over to modmic, though the cost of the mic might have to come out of the budget as well.

Thanks!
Caw Caw Motherfucker
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
August 01 2013 11:24 GMT
#568
I recently purchased headphones from Audio-technica, the T400 model. I can recommend it very much for people with limited budget (they cost around €50). Really high quality materials, very comfortable on the head and around the ear. I'm not entirely sure on the whole open-close thing but I think they are the closed ones, since they are all around the ear. Sound quality is excellent. So far I've been using the generic €10 from a Mediamarkt or similar place, so it's a big upgrade for me and I notice significant difference. Sure there are better and more expensive models, but if you don't have unlimited budget but still want product of highest quality I recommend the ATH T400.
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 15:56:25
August 01 2013 14:13 GMT
#569
Hi teamliquid,
I've been looking to replace my razor morays which broke quite a while ago.
Thing is I'm almost clueless when it comes to head phones.
Only good advice I can recall is get Sennheiser and avoid any gaming brands.
including beats, AJAYS.

I do know what I'm looking for though so I hope you guys can help.

Sound quality is a must.
Portability is secondary.
Would like a mic to go along with it but not sure this is the appropriate thread for it.
Of course, feel free to recommend me something else if you think it's a better option
Thanks and regards,
kaykaykay
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
drew-chan
Profile Joined July 2009
Malaysia1517 Posts
August 01 2013 14:17 GMT
#570
On July 30 2013 01:18 DaveSprite wrote:
Hi guys,

Looking for a headphone recommendation. I have a budget of about 80-100 USD and I'm looking for a set of closed, comfortable headphones. I'll be using them a lot for gaming but I also want to use them as guitar headphones so I can practice with my amp again without disturbing the neighbors. Mic is not an issue because if one doesn't come with I'll head over to modmic, though the cost of the mic might have to come out of the budget as well.

Thanks!


http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368978323&sr=8-2&keywords=sony mdr 7506


One of my first cans, very nice details, quality bass but not much quantity on bass.
...
hoot00
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States77 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 12:36:48
August 01 2013 18:23 GMT
#571
Can someone tell me about the brand Klipsch? I was in best buy and their headphones were the ones I liked the most.

Edit: I just got the Klipsch Image One. They're really... I'd say tonal, if you know what I mean. And pretty bassy. But I'm pretty satisfied.
LEGENDS NEVER GG
Thryd
Profile Joined March 2012
86 Posts
August 03 2013 07:10 GMT
#572
Hey guys, I'm after a pair of relatively cheap (sub $60) items, I live in Western Australia so choices are relatively limited, and I would more than likely buy them online (http://www.headphones.com.au)

any suggestions welcome
z0rz
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States350 Posts
August 03 2013 08:16 GMT
#573
People seem to really like these http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=173 but they usually only cost around $15-20. Australian prices :O

They're probably a bit weird because they kinda clip onto your ears, but everyone says they're comfortable and they apparently sound good for the price. I've never tried them myself, so look for some reviews if you're curious. I've seen a LOT of recommendations for them though so I thought I'd mention them.
twitch.tv/fartymcbutt
GOmnipotentD
Profile Joined August 2010
France36 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 14:33:20
August 03 2013 12:03 GMT
#574
Hey, I'm looking to buy a pair of Headphones for under 200 euros. I'd be using them both to play games (mainly quake live and dota 2), as well as to listen to music (post punk, reggae, acid jazz, punk, etc...). I've been considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, or Sennheiser HD449s. I already have a separate mic so I don't need one attached to the headphones. Any thoughts? I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have.

Edit: AKG K550 also seem to be within my price range, are they any good?

Edit2: No one wants to help a headphone noob? D:
drockzzz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands25 Posts
August 04 2013 15:18 GMT
#575
Hi, I am looking for some nice in ear headphones. I will only be using them to listen to music mostly from my MP3 while travelling, My budget is 100 euros any help would be appreciated.
Why not?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
August 04 2013 15:49 GMT
#576
On August 02 2013 03:23 hoot00 wrote:
Can someone tell me about the brand Klipsch? I was in best buy and their headphones were the ones I liked the most.

Edit: I just got the Klipsch Image One. They're really... I'd say tonal, if you know what I mean. And pretty bassy. But I'm pretty satisfied.

Longtime speaker brand. They jumped into IEMs with some mid-centric IEMs with rolled-off bass (and other problems like tangling cords, apparently learned the error of their ways with respect to sales, and now makes a bunch of decently popular headphones and IEMs with dat bass boost...


On August 03 2013 16:10 Thryd wrote:
Hey guys, I'm after a pair of relatively cheap (sub $60) items, I live in Western Australia so choices are relatively limited, and I would more than likely buy them online (http://www.headphones.com.au)

any suggestions welcome

Come on. Don't you have selection criteria like in-ear or on-ear or over-ear, open vs. closed, etc.? Well, as usual, headphones.com.au always seems to have, uh, Australian prices. Sorry. In any case, I'd avoid Sennheiser HD 201 and HD 202 for $40 and $60 respectively.


On August 03 2013 21:03 GOmnipotentD wrote:
Hey, I'm looking to buy a pair of Headphones for under 200 euros. I'd be using them both to play games (mainly quake live and dota 2), as well as to listen to music (post punk, reggae, acid jazz, punk, etc...). I've been considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, or Sennheiser HD449s. I already have a separate mic so I don't need one attached to the headphones. Any thoughts? I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have.

Edit: AKG K550 also seem to be within my price range, are they any good?

Edit2: No one wants to help a headphone noob? D:

I guess you're looking at larger circumaural, closed headphones? K550 seems to be pretty good but highly dependent on seal, which can be somewhat tricky for some. HD 449 is probably a bit treble recessed unless you're looking for that for whatever reason. Actually, the Custom One Pro should be in a similar situation (there's always the older and often more respected DT 770 model for a more v-shaped signature). Seems like Japanese brands like Audio-Technica are often overpriced in Europe.


On August 05 2013 00:18 drockzzz wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some nice in ear headphones. I will only be using them to listen to music mostly from my MP3 while travelling, My budget is 100 euros any help would be appreciated.

How much isolation do you want? What's the player? What kind of sound do you want?
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
August 04 2013 15:58 GMT
#577
Ive been using hd800s with a lyr amp and a bifrost dac to do everything on my laptop, from hd movies to lossless music.

and the audio quality is only slightly better than my old pair of halo headphones, the astro a40s.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
drockzzz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands25 Posts
August 04 2013 16:27 GMT
#578
On August 05 2013 00:49 Myrmidon wrote:

Show nested quote +
On August 05 2013 00:18 drockzzz wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some nice in ear headphones. I will only be using them to listen to music mostly from my MP3 while travelling, My budget is 100 euros any help would be appreciated.

How much isolation do you want? What's the player? What kind of sound do you want?


Ehm the isolation is not that important but it would be nice if other people won't be able to hear that I am listening to music but sounds from the outside won't bother me.
Right now I got a Philips GoGear Vibe 4gb which I will probably be using most of the time untill it breaks.
Ehm what kind of sound... Not sure I guess high quality with a good bass but not sure what you mean with that.
Why not?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 17:55:05
August 04 2013 17:54 GMT
#579
I'd go with a dynamic driver IEM because I have no idea what the output impedance of the player could be, and using an external amp is a hassle.

It's under budget, but maybe the Vsonic VSD1? It's more of a general-market somewhat bass-boosted (but with existent treble and not-completely-sucked-out mids), decent all-rounder type IEM that is fairly well regarded these days. I guess it's roughly like Shure SE215 and Phillips Fidelio S1, which are both around the 100 euros point and are also options.

If you're looking for sellers, lendmeurears and mp4nation are okay. There are probably others.
GOmnipotentD
Profile Joined August 2010
France36 Posts
August 04 2013 18:29 GMT
#580
On August 05 2013 00:49 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2013 21:03 GOmnipotentD wrote:
Hey, I'm looking to buy a pair of Headphones for under 200 euros. I'd be using them both to play games (mainly quake live and dota 2), as well as to listen to music (post punk, reggae, acid jazz, punk, etc...). I've been considering Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, or Sennheiser HD449s. I already have a separate mic so I don't need one attached to the headphones. Any thoughts? I'm also open to any other suggestions you might have.

Edit: AKG K550 also seem to be within my price range, are they any good?

Edit2: No one wants to help a headphone noob? D:

I guess you're looking at larger circumaural, closed headphones? K550 seems to be pretty good but highly dependent on seal, which can be somewhat tricky for some. HD 449 is probably a bit treble recessed unless you're looking for that for whatever reason. Actually, the Custom One Pro should be in a similar situation (there's always the older and often more respected DT 770 model for a more v-shaped signature). Seems like Japanese brands like Audio-Technica are often overpriced in Europe.


Since I travel a lot, I can buy them wherever they are the cheapest. I only listed my range in euros because it was easier for me.
Also, in what way is seal tricky? It depends on head shape/size?
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 243
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3341
Bisu 2007
Soulkey 1069
EffOrt 526
Larva 380
Mini 376
ZerO 205
Dewaltoss 187
hero 93
Mind 73
[ Show more ]
Sharp 68
sorry 63
Shinee 53
Barracks 40
Sea.KH 33
Bale 27
Trap 24
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 20
ToSsGirL 19
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1253
XaKoH 429
420jenkins412
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m4223
pashabiceps846
Fnx 663
x6flipin437
edward24
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu422
Other Games
Grubby2436
Liquid`RaSZi1591
FrodaN752
XBOCT263
Livibee187
TKL 123
C9.Mang0113
QueenE93
RotterdaM41
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3073
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur637
• WagamamaTV580
• imaqtpie361
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 20m
Patches Events
22h 20m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.