• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:36
CEST 07:36
KST 14:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6250 users

The Ultimate Headphone/Audio Thread. Seriously - Page 31

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 47 Next All
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
August 17 2013 16:37 GMT
#601
So I recently got the klipsch x7i.
Does anyone happen to have any insight on that?
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
ShaPeLesS
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria87 Posts
August 17 2013 18:29 GMT
#602
On August 18 2013 01:37 kaykaykay wrote:
So I recently got the klipsch x7i.
Does anyone happen to have any insight on that?


What kind of insight are you looking for?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-17 18:43:37
August 17 2013 18:43 GMT
#603
On August 18 2013 03:29 ShaPeLesS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2013 01:37 kaykaykay wrote:
So I recently got the klipsch x7i.
Does anyone happen to have any insight on that?


What kind of insight are you looking for?


Whether or not it's worth the buy/ value for money. Kinda suffering from buyer's regret here. But the sound quality..
DAMN.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
Arwa
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia24 Posts
August 20 2013 09:59 GMT
#604
I'm using beyer dt 880/600 ohm now and need a good DAC. If i pair it with Centrance DAC Port will it synergy well ?
Gotuso
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands733 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 22:25:58
August 27 2013 18:24 GMT
#605
Not sure if this is the right thread but can anyone here suggest me a new headset?

I currently own a Sennheiser PC 151 but it's breaking down. Right now it acts like a radio; I need to tweak the volume to get audio in both ears.

So while I was looking for a headset I can across the following:
- Razer Carcharias *67€
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 *76€
- Steelseries Sibera v2 *100€ (non-usb version = 60€)
- CM Storm Sirus 5.1 *90€
- Sennheiser PC 130 *100€

As you can see they are mostly gamingheadsets. Now I thought that was fine until I red this thread and the OCN thread, telling me all my choices are shit.

Now I still want a headset, not a headphone + clip-on/stand alone mic, but I also don't want to buy something terrible. I'm primarily going to use my headset for gaming, youtube, movies and music, roughly in that order. My budget is around 50-80€, 100€ being my absolute max probably.

Can anyone suggest me something that isn't terrible and is available in The Netherlands? (unlike most of the suggestions on OCN)

EDIT: additional info, I don't have a soundcard and this will probably be my new motherboard with intergrated soundcard

EDIT 2: is the Beyerdynamic MMX 2 any good?
drew-chan
Profile Joined July 2009
Malaysia1517 Posts
August 28 2013 01:56 GMT
#606
For people interested there is a slew of great components on discount at massdrop including:

Denon ahd2000, one I personally own and is an amazing set of cans.
Hifiman HE400
Hifimant HE500
o2+odac stack for dirt cheap, almost the same as a schiit stack.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/?cat=Audiophile
...
HandA711
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
202 Posts
September 02 2013 06:25 GMT
#607
I want to buy a headphone with a microphone for around $50, just for softcore gaming and music, nothing fancy. Any idea?
hakuna matata
ZionsWrath
Profile Joined December 2010
United States121 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-02 09:49:27
September 02 2013 09:48 GMT
#608
What is the best bang for buck headset? Preferably less than 100$ but not necessarily ... but definitely less than 300$

I am no audiophile so I won't be able to tell the minute differences
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
September 02 2013 12:15 GMT
#609
On September 02 2013 18:48 ZionsWrath wrote:
What is the best bang for buck headset? Preferably less than 100$ but not necessarily ... but definitely less than 300$

I am no audiophile so I won't be able to tell the minute differences


I'd assume the cheapest, I don't think the quality improves drastically in gaming headsets with perhaps the exception of pc350
8)
ZionsWrath
Profile Joined December 2010
United States121 Posts
September 02 2013 18:14 GMT
#610
My headphones are Sennheiser HD 212Pro and I like them a lot, would like something like this just with a microphone.

I had a cheap headset ($7 lol) and it was hard plastic, uncomfortable but got the job done when I needed the mic. But the mic doesn't work anymore.
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
September 05 2013 02:04 GMT
#611
Out of curiosity, would you buy "used" headphones? I'm checking kijiji (similar to craiglist) and I've found the sennheiser hd 558 for 140$ (which looks like a decent price compared to amazon)
QuackPocketDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
410 Posts
September 05 2013 02:17 GMT
#612
On September 05 2013 11:04 XenOmega wrote:
Out of curiosity, would you buy "used" headphones? I'm checking kijiji (similar to craiglist) and I've found the sennheiser hd 558 for 140$ (which looks like a decent price compared to amazon)


You sure you would rather not pay $6 more and have them brand new? (from amazon), I would go the used route but only on the really higher end stuff.
I bought a pack of cigarettes for $20, What have you done for your country today?
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
September 05 2013 04:08 GMT
#613
I live in Canada, so Amazon.ca offers them at 258 :S
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i:aps,k:sennheiser hd558&keywords=sennheiser hd558&ie=UTF8&qid=1378354107
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
September 05 2013 04:30 GMT
#614
If you can replace the foam, otherwise bad idea to buy used.
z0rz
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States350 Posts
September 05 2013 05:05 GMT
#615
It's kinda gross, but it can be a great money saver. The first "good" headphones I ever got was a used pair of DT-770s (80 ohm) for ~$80USD on Craigslist (they go for around ~$200USD new I think). If you can go test them out and see how clean they look in person, go check them out and see what you think.
twitch.tv/fartymcbutt
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
September 05 2013 08:49 GMT
#616
I have the Sennheiser CX 985 (inner canal type).
I had pretty much the same impressions as this guys's :
relevant review

I bought them about ¥12000, that is about 90€ / $120

Pros
+ Very very high level of finishing, extremely reliable metal jack with hinge !!
+ 7 pairs of tips : a pair of foam tips, normal bass tips (in 3 sizes), power bass tips (3 sizes).
+ As always with Senn, bass are awesome, even with the normal bass tips (and as I am bassist I need to hear it).

Cons
- Not manufactured anymore ?
- Power bass tips are a bit uncomfortable (the seal is too tight)
- Quite heavy, and the shirt clip thing not being convenient doesn't help
- The trebles and mediums are really good, but some other models may do a bit better for the same price (thing is none has this great bass and above all, none has this level of finishing)

Actually I had the CX400 II before. I love Senn because there are not a lot of inner earphones that satisfies me in terms of bass, including more expensive models, and this is essential to me. In CX985, the bass are of course great, the 3D feeling is impressive and trebles/medium are also much better than in CX400, that is really decent.

The bass are more precise than with CX400, very punchy too, you won't get any feeling of low quality overdone bass curve (maybe a bit if you choose the power bass tips). The jack / Y splitter are just insanly premium, even the cable itself is very good and doesn't tangle. I used the CX400 II everyday pretty much everywhere and they quite quiclky ended up being broken, with faulty connections on the jack and then Y splitter. Especially most of the inner earphones in the market are with an angled jack, which is very inconvenient when you plug it on your phone and try to put your phone in a narrow pocket. I just cannot understand why makers do that ! With an angle, the jack always ends up catching on the edge of the pocket and either unplugs itself or ends up being damaged. I guess some people prefers angled jack but I just wonder why.

With the hinged jack (!) of the CX985 you can have it straight or angled so everyone's satisfied. And I cannot imagine it being broken anytime soon. The only thing that was better with the CX400 II is the weight. While the CX400 was very light, the CX985 is pretty heavy and you may even need to maintain it with your hand while running, unless you have attached it well enough with the clip. Well pretty much every part of the CX985 that looks metallic IS actually metallic, hence this overweight.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
September 06 2013 08:49 GMT
#617
On August 15 2013 05:51 Ben... wrote:
I ended up going with the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc after seeing a fair number of people on Head-fi saying it pairs amazingly with 600 Ohm Beyers (not to mention when I looked through reviews of it, there were basically no negative reviews for it anywhere). Holy murphy does it improve the sound of my 880s. The thing I noticed was missing in the last few or so days of using my DT-880s unamped was that it felt like a bit of the low end was missing (Unless i had volume practically maxed, but at that point it was almost too loud to listen to), but with the E12 it is all there and now it is all perfect (and I can have it at a reasonable volume!). The gain boost built into the unit is insanely useful for me. Now I can keep my sources at practically the same volume levels as I use with my ear buds and will be able to hear just fine (rather than having to nearly max them out). The bass boost toggle seems quite situational. It's great for electronic dance music, but I usually have it switched off for everything else so far. With it on though, it makes the DT880 sound absolutely monstrous for trance or electronica, even beefier than the DT770 (It has the bass of the DT770 without the recessed mids). I haven't tried my DT770s with the amp yet though. I imagine the bass boost toggle will be too much with those headphones though. It would be basically all bass.

I can practically use my DT880s as speakers now they can get so loud. It's pretty funny. I can hear them clearly across the room at like half volume on my Mac.

Overall, very happy with my purchases so far. Will definitely need to get a longer 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable though. The one supplied is like 5 inches long. I do appreciate that the charge connector is just generic mUSB, I have a ton of those cables and chargers so I can just use that to charge it (you can also charge over USB but it is way slower).


How long did you have the DT 770's for? I have had mine for about 3 years and absolutely love them. They have the best ear pads and feel and the sounds is pretty damn good. I was looking at picking up a new pair of headphones and was looking at 3 options, the 880s, sennheiser momentum and the v-moda M-100's. Do you think that these headphones are an amazing upgrade and that the pairing with the fiio e12 just makes them amazing? Is it worth the $400 to have an ear-orgasm or am I fine sticking with the dt-770s getting an amp and a new pair of headphones for more portable purposes. There is no way really that the 880's are portable really even with that amp correct?

Anyways any input on these three pairs of headphones would be great. :D
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Onioncookie
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-15 17:40:44
September 15 2013 17:39 GMT
#618
Looking for some in ear headphones up to 100€ for my ipodnano 2g. Could go higher if there is alot more value added cuz of the higher price.

I have nooooo clue whatsoever :D

EDIT: Might aswell use it for my computer if its an improvement, using a G35 there right now wich is ~okay...
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-15 19:08:45
September 15 2013 19:05 GMT
#619
Any decent and durable headsets around 50$ USD or less? I would pay a bit higher if it is worth it but generally I tend to utilize the mic more than the headphone itself.

edit: My Plantronics headset has endured a lot and is in its final days.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
September 16 2013 07:39 GMT
#620
Random question, has Schiit Magni/Modi ever gone on sale?
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2169
GuemChi 666
Snow 157
Leta 134
Bale 33
Noble 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto25
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King199
Other Games
summit1g6668
WinterStarcraft369
C9.Mang0258
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick452
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2179
League of Legends
• Lourlo1360
• Stunt443
Other Games
• Shiphtur506
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 24m
Patches Events
10h 24m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.