• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8439 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 174

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 653 Next
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
July 07 2012 19:18 GMT
#3461
I have a question concerning my Monitor.
I have an Acer AL1916W (4years old) 1440x900 19", that nowadays just loses signal to the Computer for 5~30 seconds (sometimes it doesn't even regain the signal).
I bought a new VGA cable, however the problem persists.
My GPU is; ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (3826Mb)
When I touch my screen (after it loses signal) it's really really hot.
When I check my GPU's Temperatures (via AIDA64) while playing Starcraft 2, WoW, DayZ, Combat Arms, Diablo (etc..), it reaches 90ºC. From what I've been told this GPU card can reach really high temperatures.
So, what's the problem here?

P.S: The computer works fine, except some frame loss issues in some SC2 games.
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
andReslic
Profile Joined January 2012
216 Posts
July 07 2012 23:26 GMT
#3462
Hey Guys, I have bought a ton of headsets but after a few months or even weeks of using them one of the speakers stop working, for example I just hear the left/right side of my headset and the other one doesnt work anymore, anyone knows why this happens or if there is a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
July 08 2012 10:29 GMT
#3463
Posting this for a friend, i gave him my cm hyper 212 evo because i didn't it for now.
He installed it normally, no problem, computer boots up, but then it just shuts down.
Cannot turn it back on for some time, after some time he does it again, same thing. Over and over again.

Now first thing i thought about wash is temps, but he checked them and said they were at 49°C ... which shouldn't be a problem, ambient temp almsot at 30 here.

And well, i don't see what else could be causing this.... any idea?

Only conclusion i got for now, his temp readings aren't good, and his cpu is indeed overheating because of a bad installation....
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
July 08 2012 11:10 GMT
#3464
I dunno, even if the ambient temp is 30 degrees that is still rather high for what I assume is a stock system. I'm in Australia so we deal with even higher ambient temperatures in the summer. And even my system* doesn't get that hot.

The deltaT when idle should be around 5-10 degrees depending on the processor you are using.

*i5 750 with a Noctua U12P. All fans are running at 500RPM.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
July 08 2012 11:26 GMT
#3465
He's got an i3-540

so... overheating problem most probably?
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-08 11:54:02
July 08 2012 11:35 GMT
#3466
Definitely. The Hyper 212+ and Evo heatsinks are absolute bastards to install because of direct heat touch and that awful, awful retention bracket. I would not be surprised if he installed it incorrectly or he knocked it loose or something.
All Bogs
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands104 Posts
July 08 2012 12:09 GMT
#3467
On July 08 2012 04:18 HyDrA_solic wrote:
I have a question concerning my Monitor.
I have an Acer AL1916W (4years old) 1440x900 19", that nowadays just loses signal to the Computer for 5~30 seconds (sometimes it doesn't even regain the signal).
I bought a new VGA cable, however the problem persists.
When I touch my screen (after it loses signal) it's really really hot.


Does the problem still occur when connecting the monitor to a different computer? If it does, that strongly suggests something is wrong with the monitor itself.

On July 08 2012 04:18 HyDrA_solic wrote:
My GPU is; ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (3826Mb)
When I check my GPU's Temperatures (via AIDA64) while playing Starcraft 2, WoW, DayZ, Combat Arms, Diablo (etc..), it reaches 90ºC. From what I've been told this GPU card can reach really high temperatures.
So, what's the problem here?


This seems to be the case. I googled for a random benchmark of this card, and even a brand new one went all the way up to 84 degrees. Nevertheless, it isn't exactly a healthy temperature, and will probably have a negative impact on the thing's durability. If your graphics card is also four years old, it's not unthinkable that it is starting to show some quirks.

At any rate, it'd probably be best to connect your monitor to a different PC first, in order to isolate the problem.
Rachnar
Profile Joined October 2010
France1526 Posts
July 08 2012 12:58 GMT
#3468
Well it seems after all what i thought, bad installation, he just screwed it a bit more in and is fine now.
"What if it's a triple DK ?" "Then we cry" "Prepare your handkerchief then ..."
-iNko
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania160 Posts
July 08 2012 18:06 GMT
#3469
I need to buy a cooler for my cpu and also need to pick a psu

Currently i have these:
i5 2500k plan to overclock to 4,5ghz
asus p67 sabertooth motherboard
palit gtx 560ti

For cpu cooler i have this in mind - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo , will this be enough for a stable 4,5?
For psu - PSU Cooler Master ATX GX 650W , note - i plan on getting a 2nd gpu for sli, so will this psu be enough?

Are my choices good or would u guys recommend something else?

Ty
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
July 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#3470
Easy one: where should I look to buy a cheap laptop, and which brands? I will not be gaming on it at all, and will be using it for trading/investing when I'm not at home. Thus, I don't need too much graphics power, but it would be great if it could reliably drive an external monitor at 1080p. One random thing that drives me crazy is electronic noise/buzzing/humming (not of fans but that high-pitched whining poor construction and cheap components can cause) which seems to plague a lot of laptops I've borrowed from friends, etc..

Budget can be flexible depending on options but $600 seems reasonable?

I haven't used a PC laptop in forever so I am totally lost on which are decent.
Nabutso
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
July 08 2012 22:53 GMT
#3471
I'm looking for a USB 2.0 VGA/DVI input capture card that can also take SPDIF-in from my sound card so that I can use my laptop to stream and my desktop to play, avoiding xsplit capture performance loss.

I have terrible internet connection so I don't need any HD capture card.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
July 09 2012 03:19 GMT
#3472
On July 09 2012 06:15 Ingenol wrote:
Easy one: where should I look to buy a cheap laptop, and which brands? I will not be gaming on it at all, and will be using it for trading/investing when I'm not at home. Thus, I don't need too much graphics power, but it would be great if it could reliably drive an external monitor at 1080p. One random thing that drives me crazy is electronic noise/buzzing/humming (not of fans but that high-pitched whining poor construction and cheap components can cause) which seems to plague a lot of laptops I've borrowed from friends, etc..

Budget can be flexible depending on options but $600 seems reasonable?

I haven't used a PC laptop in forever so I am totally lost on which are decent.


Asus and Lenovo are cheap and sure bets. All monitors can drive a 1080P display without any trouble so long as they have the relevant ports like HDMI.

Stay away from consumer HP. The only good thing about them is their price vs. spec ratio.

On Lenovo's website, you can purchase a T420 (last generation's model) for around $675. You can also get a 1600x900 screen upgrade for $50 and I do recommend doing so. Its a bit over your budget but pretty much everything about it will be better than your typical Best Buy laptop.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
July 09 2012 06:10 GMT
#3473
I cannot get spoiler tags to work on my android phone using skyfire, any ideas?
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
July 09 2012 21:01 GMT
#3474
On July 09 2012 12:19 Womwomwom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 06:15 Ingenol wrote:
Easy one: where should I look to buy a cheap laptop, and which brands? I will not be gaming on it at all, and will be using it for trading/investing when I'm not at home. Thus, I don't need too much graphics power, but it would be great if it could reliably drive an external monitor at 1080p. One random thing that drives me crazy is electronic noise/buzzing/humming (not of fans but that high-pitched whining poor construction and cheap components can cause) which seems to plague a lot of laptops I've borrowed from friends, etc..

Budget can be flexible depending on options but $600 seems reasonable?

I haven't used a PC laptop in forever so I am totally lost on which are decent.


Asus and Lenovo are cheap and sure bets. All monitors can drive a 1080P display without any trouble so long as they have the relevant ports like HDMI.

Stay away from consumer HP. The only good thing about them is their price vs. spec ratio.

On Lenovo's website, you can purchase a T420 (last generation's model) for around $675. You can also get a 1600x900 screen upgrade for $50 and I do recommend doing so. Its a bit over your budget but pretty much everything about it will be better than your typical Best Buy laptop.

Really good point on the higher resolution screen. That would actually be extremely beneficial for me. Thank you!
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 21:28:40
July 09 2012 21:12 GMT
#3475
Is it worth spending a few bucks on a DVI cable? Currently I have a gpu and monitor both of which supports DVI, but I could care less if the difference is subtle. The reason I ask is because my 1080p monitor seems a bit fuzzy when reading.

To be more specific, the gpu's input is a DVI-I and the monitor's input is DVI-D. What exactly is the difference and what should I watch out for in terms of inputs when looking to buy a DVI cable?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
July 09 2012 21:58 GMT
#3476
You have to get a DVI-D cable. The graphics card can output digital and analog variants of DVI, which is why it uses DVI-I. The DVI-D connector can get into the DVI-I of the graphics card, but a DVI-I connector cannot go into the DVI-D of the monitor.

When I got my first LCD monitor, I tried out VGA for fun, and there was a noticeable difference to DVI-D at sharp borders between differently colored areas. This was years ago, so I may remember wrong, and it was a very cheap graphics card, which maybe influenced the quality as it was perhaps never intended for a good VGA signal in high resolutions.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Lifan
Profile Joined August 2011
United States73 Posts
July 10 2012 00:57 GMT
#3477
So per the recommendations of the forum, I got Malware Bytes (or whatever it's called), and I scanned for viruses, (found a lot

Anyways, when I click to remove, it asks me to restart, but when I restart and then scan again, it still shows the same viruses.

Are the viruses gone, am I doing something wrong? What's going on here

How did the zergling get into my base?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 10 2012 01:26 GMT
#3478
On July 10 2012 09:57 Lifan wrote:
So per the recommendations of the forum, I got Malware Bytes (or whatever it's called), and I scanned for viruses, (found a lot

Anyways, when I click to remove, it asks me to restart, but when I restart and then scan again, it still shows the same viruses.

Are the viruses gone, am I doing something wrong? What's going on here


That means the computer is infected pretty badly. Try going back to a system restore point from before, scanning again in safe mode, and so on. You probably want to consult a more tech support-oriented forum (there should be many that focus specifically on this kind of thing—look up the names of any malware you have) if it isn't resolved easily.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
July 10 2012 01:52 GMT
#3479
On July 10 2012 06:01 Ingenol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 12:19 Womwomwom wrote:
On July 09 2012 06:15 Ingenol wrote:
Easy one: where should I look to buy a cheap laptop, and which brands? I will not be gaming on it at all, and will be using it for trading/investing when I'm not at home. Thus, I don't need too much graphics power, but it would be great if it could reliably drive an external monitor at 1080p. One random thing that drives me crazy is electronic noise/buzzing/humming (not of fans but that high-pitched whining poor construction and cheap components can cause) which seems to plague a lot of laptops I've borrowed from friends, etc..

Budget can be flexible depending on options but $600 seems reasonable?

I haven't used a PC laptop in forever so I am totally lost on which are decent.


Asus and Lenovo are cheap and sure bets. All monitors can drive a 1080P display without any trouble so long as they have the relevant ports like HDMI.

Stay away from consumer HP. The only good thing about them is their price vs. spec ratio.

On Lenovo's website, you can purchase a T420 (last generation's model) for around $675. You can also get a 1600x900 screen upgrade for $50 and I do recommend doing so. Its a bit over your budget but pretty much everything about it will be better than your typical Best Buy laptop.

Really good point on the higher resolution screen. That would actually be extremely beneficial for me. Thank you!


If you can't afford the higher res screen/T420, consider picking up a thinkpad Edge E430/E530. It will run you around 5-550$. They aren't as well built as the T series, but you get ivy bridge, and they will still be built above average compared to most/all 500$ laptops available. You're stuck with a low res screen though, although you do save the money, which you could always use to buy a monitor. (Although maybe you have one already I think?) If you do, you could just pocket it.

The T series is definitely better if you can afford it, just thought I'd throw out another option.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
AJCpar
Profile Joined February 2012
United States32 Posts
July 10 2012 02:54 GMT
#3480
My only question was regarding sound cards. I am planning on getting the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO as my motherboard, and I was wondering if the ASUS Xonar DX had better sound than the included card. Money for this is not an issue, an I know most people would say "You don't need a sound card...", but this question is purely for reference purposes. Thanks!
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1133
SteadfastSC835
ComeBackTV 793
TaKeTV 590
IndyStarCraft 243
Rex133
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 835
IndyStarCraft 243
Rex 135
ProTech135
BRAT_OK 50
UpATreeSC 37
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39109
Shuttle 782
Mini 384
Larva 358
Rush 333
Dewaltoss 102
Hyuk 99
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 27
Bale 21
Rock 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1759
Counter-Strike
fl0m1480
Fnx 790
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1616
Khaldor1248
Other Games
FrodaN1317
Beastyqt389
DeMusliM250
XBOCT207
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe123
XaKoH 99
QueenE82
C9.Mang075
Mew2King68
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 41
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4008
Other Games
• imaqtpie466
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 34m
Online Event
17h 34m
FEL
22h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.