• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7977 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 172

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 653 Next
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 21:37:11
July 04 2012 21:36 GMT
#3421
Oh yeah, some of them definitely suck. I've never owned a T series from Lenovo, so I guess I can't miss what I don't have, and the only thing I've ever had is a cheapo plastic gateway XD.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated as always!
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Pandas of War
Profile Joined July 2011
United States8 Posts
July 05 2012 00:24 GMT
#3422
I have had this microphone for a while now and have noticed that the sensitivity on it is very low. Is there anyway that I can make it have a higher sensitivity or if worse comes to worst what microphone would you guys recommend to me?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 05 2012 00:32 GMT
#3423
What do you mean sensitivity? If it isn't transmitting well go into the control panel and go to sound, find the device and enable microphone boost (+20db). That should make it much easier for people to hear you.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Pandas of War
Profile Joined July 2011
United States8 Posts
July 05 2012 01:25 GMT
#3424
Thanks for the help I am really happy that I was able to figure this.
Thanks again :D
vayuu
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada66 Posts
July 05 2012 01:30 GMT
#3425
http://imgur.com/RvFpm

I'm not sure how this happened, i tried re- installing the game and the problem persists.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 05 2012 01:43 GMT
#3426
On July 05 2012 10:30 vayuu wrote:
http://imgur.com/RvFpm

I'm not sure how this happened, i tried re- installing the game and the problem persists.


Probably some sort of GPU issue. Try reseating your graphics card, and check load temps.
vayuu
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada66 Posts
July 05 2012 02:54 GMT
#3427
Probably some sort of GPU issue. Try reseating your graphics card, and check load temps.


I have a shitty integrated graphics motherboard atm, not sure how to reset, the game was running fine for the first few weeks albeit with pretty low fps.

Getting new computer soon
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 05 2012 02:55 GMT
#3428
Well, IGP isn't always particularly good for gaming.

How much RAM do you have, and have you tried memtest?
vayuu
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada66 Posts
July 05 2012 03:21 GMT
#3429

Well, IGP isn't always particularly good for gaming.

How much RAM do you have, and have you tried memtest?


I have 4gb of ram.

Right i have more or less confirmed that my poor SC2 fps is due to a lack of a dedicated gfx card, but this problem has never occurred until now.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 05 2012 03:23 GMT
#3430
On July 05 2012 12:21 vayuu wrote:
Show nested quote +

Well, IGP isn't always particularly good for gaming.

How much RAM do you have, and have you tried memtest?


I have 4gb of ram.

Right i have more or less confirmed that my poor SC2 fps is due to a lack of a dedicated gfx card, but this problem has never occurred until now.


Try memtest86. Run it overnight, see if it finds errors.
ysnake
Profile Joined June 2012
Bosnia-Herzegovina261 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 18:09:28
July 05 2012 04:19 GMT
#3431
Greetings everyone, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. Currently, I want to stream games, just for the fun of it, but after battling with the settings and my internet connection, I did not come up with the answer. Basically, the game is very choppy and my in-game FPS goes from standard 30-60 (depending on the units on the map and whatnot) to horrible 15-30.

http://www.twitch.tv/ysnake

This is my channel and you can check the videos, I've been starting to broadcast, stop it, take a look at it and then stop again. The problem might lay in my overall system configuration which is as follows:
- Windows 7 64bit
- Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4GHz
- 6gb RAM
- GeForce 8800 GTS
[image loading]
(this is the speedtest to my provider)
- I am trying to stream using Dxtory as with only Xsplit, it really doesn't even have any flow, it's just in episodes
- I have been trying to stream from 100 to 400 kpbs, but every time I do the "Test Bandwith" with Xsplit it just tells me that I've dropped too many frames and that it is not good for streaming
- I am not sure where is the "twitch" server located so I will provide my speedtest to San Francisco CA (as I've seen many others do this)
[image loading]
- Aero theme is turned off, I am trying to stream with 800x600 (even though my resolution is higher), Quality from 5 to 10.

If anyone can give me any guidance on what to fix/try to do I would gladly appreciate it, thank you in advance.

I have fixed this with using FFsplit, no need to reply anymore
You are no longer automatically breathing and blinking.
Asukurra
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom50 Posts
July 05 2012 12:52 GMT
#3432
hi all, im looking to get myself a gaming mouse, what sort of things should i be looking for in one, how important are lots of buttons, what range of DPI should i be looking in?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
July 05 2012 13:16 GMT
#3433
On July 05 2012 21:52 Asukurra wrote:
hi all, im looking to get myself a gaming mouse, what sort of things should i be looking for in one, how important are lots of buttons, what range of DPI should i be looking in?


Those things are all entirely subjective, and depends greatly on personal preference. For the most part, if you only use one monitor for gaming, there's no need for anything over 1200DPI. Higher numbers are about gimmicks to sell mice. Number of buttons really depends on what you play and how you play. TL has two great threads I suggest that you check out for more info.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=333648
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174311

Those two should answer just about any questions you have.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
thurst0n
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States611 Posts
July 05 2012 22:05 GMT
#3434
Anyone else been getting adobe player crashes with gomtv.net?
This never happened before, but it happens when I change to fullscreen. Typically after refreshing, it lets me go full screen

i7 920. HD 6950. 6GB Ram. My Hardware is fine and drivers are updated. I have no issues with any other programs (sc2 on ultra, BF3 on ultra, etc etc)
P.S. I'm nub. If you'd like you can follow me @xthurst but its not worth it ill be honest
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
July 05 2012 22:46 GMT
#3435
I've been getting this also, and now that you mention it, I can't recall it happening while watching YouTube - only GomTV VOD's. I guess that could point to them as the source of the issue, however, I recently updated to the latest flash player version (a mistake I told myself I wouldn't repeat in the past), and I am far more suspicious that it's their fault rather than Gom's. That, and things worked fine before this.

I've had this sort of issue with Flash in the past as well. I absolutely hate it. Gonna have to figure out what the last stable version was and revert to that.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
teknotrance
Profile Joined March 2012
61 Posts
July 06 2012 01:59 GMT
#3436
can you crossfire 6790 with 6950 or 6850?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 06 2012 02:16 GMT
#3437
On July 06 2012 10:59 teknotrance wrote:
can you crossfire 6790 with 6950 or 6850?


6870, 6850, or another 6790 will work (and all should give the performance of Crossfire 6790s), at least to the extent that Crossfire works in general. All three of these are based on the Barts GPU. Others will not work.
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
July 06 2012 04:12 GMT
#3438
Any good earphone/earbud review sites that aare impartial? Google turns up sponsored sites or cnet.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-06 04:28:09
July 06 2012 04:20 GMT
#3439
The only audio website I've found that doesn't immediately piss me off is probably Inner Fidelity. Head-Fi's forums are alright for opinions/news/whatever but be aware some posters there are kind of insane. So many sites and users seem to dabble in pseudo-science so to speak (holy shit 6moons).

For myself, I think the best review "site" is your audio store where you are able to trial a range of products and find what you like. Obviously you'll have to careful here since people tend to think "louder" speakers sound better and tend to like sounds they are familiar with.

I'm far more of a loudpseaker guy then a headphone guy though so Myrmidon can probably help you out here. In the case of loudspeakers, the only way you'll know whether or not you'll like horn tweeters is to actually listen to them.
Sid(TB)
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States314 Posts
July 06 2012 05:02 GMT
#3440
hi, wanting to upgrade a graphics card, here to ask how big of an upgrade something is, since money comes rarely to me i wanna make sure im getting what i want.

my current card is the nvidia geforce 8800 gtx (years old) currently it overheats if i play sc2 to long, or any game in high settings really (so under full load) its time to upgrade this card anyways since everything else i have is new as of the start of this year.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125353
its Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit

now i certainly hope its a substantial upgrade, and of course no overheating would be great, but how big of an upgrade is this? would waiting 1 more month really help me buy something alot better? how much would 50-100 more $ get me? ive looked at benchmarks and such and saw a 20% upgrade with the 6950 (i think? hope im not this bad at looking at benchmarks)

thanks in advance for any info, trying to make a wise decision.
rEAdY tO bE iNfEcTeD?
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 221
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason34
MindelVK 29
CosmosSc2 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22413
Shuttle 688
Hyuk 138
White-Ra 126
Dewaltoss 104
firebathero 73
Trap 47
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Rock 17
[ Show more ]
Bale 15
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc9885
qojqva1482
Counter-Strike
fl0m1539
Fnx 828
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2872
crisheroes1234
Khaldor1216
Liquid`Hasu524
Other Games
summit1g4441
FrodaN1582
Beastyqt513
XBOCT272
C9.Mang0185
ArmadaUGS150
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 67
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie889
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h
CranKy Ducklings
15h
Online Event
16h
FEL
21h
AI Arena Tournament
22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.