• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8428 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 176

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 653 Next
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
July 13 2012 02:02 GMT
#3501
So in theory, it's possible to have duplicate windows-activated os's on multiple HDD's? (not saying I'll do this, but I'm really curious)
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 13 2012 02:07 GMT
#3502
On July 13 2012 11:02 billy5000 wrote:
So in theory, it's possible to have duplicate windows-activated os's on multiple HDD's? (not saying I'll do this, but I'm really curious)


Assuming the hardware is identical. You'd have to ask someone who knows more about cloning than I do what would happen if you had two identical PCs and tried to run the same OS on both of them.

If the PCs weren't at least identical motherboard, chipset drivers would probably cause some... enjoyment... with trying to do that.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
July 13 2012 06:11 GMT
#3503
On July 13 2012 11:02 billy5000 wrote:
So in theory, it's possible to have duplicate windows-activated os's on multiple HDD's? (not saying I'll do this, but I'm really curious)

I bought a new, bigger HDD and made a copy of C: to the new HDD. At that point, I could select either of the two HDDs as the one to boot from in the BIOS, and both Windows copies would boot, both being activated. When booting from the second HDD, Windows would use its partition from there as C: drive. This was with Windows Vista, if I remember right.

I do not remember what happened to the rest of the partitions and their drive letters when switching the main-board slots the cables go into and changing the physical order of the two HDDs.

From what I read, apparently Windows keeps some kind of score with points for each device in the PC, and stays activated when devices change, if the score does not change too much. I do not remember reading any details about those points and the score.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
lastprobeALIVE
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States975 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 09:12:34
July 13 2012 09:11 GMT
#3504
Ok so I've always wondered if the TLPD box on the right has foreigner/korean players ranked by search or playing stats? >>
when in doubt DT out
Gluon
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands425 Posts
July 13 2012 13:30 GMT
#3505
On July 13 2012 18:11 lastprobeALIVE wrote:
Ok so I've always wondered if the TLPD box on the right has foreigner/korean players ranked by search or playing stats? >>

By stats (ELO points)
Just click on players and you'll see
Administrator
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
July 13 2012 15:12 GMT
#3506
Can anyone recommend me some good software to take stills/capture video with my webcam? It's a Logitech C920 but I really don't want to install the Logitech bloatware. Right now I'm just using the Windows drivers without extra software and it works great for Skype and gchat.

I guess I could use XSplit, but does anyone have any alternatives?
Garth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States353 Posts
July 13 2012 15:44 GMT
#3507
So I have a beta version of Windows 8 and I'm not sure if it has a built in firewall ( or a good one at that ). I have AVAST antivirus installed and I'm wondering if both firewalls will clash. If so, which firewall do I use?
MisterJulianMan
Profile Joined May 2012
19 Posts
July 13 2012 16:08 GMT
#3508
Videos like this one lead me to believe that my system in underperforming. I tried to recreate the scenarios presented in the video and record the fps. I get 15-25 less frames than him in fights like the ones shown despite having similar system specs.
i7 2700k
amd 7850
asrock pro3 z77
12gb ram

What can I do to troubleshoot this?
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
July 13 2012 16:44 GMT
#3509
His resolution is, apparently, only 1280x960. Is your resolution really that low?
MisterJulianMan
Profile Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 16:52:37
July 13 2012 16:52 GMT
#3510
Oh I should have mentioned im @ 1080p
RiSkysc2
Profile Joined September 2011
696 Posts
July 13 2012 18:45 GMT
#3511
Well, that's why o.o
MisterJulianMan
Profile Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 19:16:53
July 13 2012 19:14 GMT
#3512
Well what about this? Hes also playing @ 1080p and I'm pretty sure my card blows the 460 out of the water if im not mistaken. Same with the processor 1155>1366
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 13 2012 19:35 GMT
#3513
On July 14 2012 04:14 MisterJulianMan wrote:
Well what about this? Hes also playing @ 1080p and I'm pretty sure my card blows the 460 out of the water if im not mistaken. Same with the processor 1155>1366


There's way too many factors in benching for this comparison on it's own. If you honestly think your system is underperforming, run a test with something like 3dmark11, making sure you have all non-vital processes stopped first. Actually, Vantage might be better, since you're specifically complaining about a DX9 game.

Unfortunately, unless you run an identical test, you're guaranteed to get meaningless results with a comparison like you're using.
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
July 13 2012 23:57 GMT
#3514
Can you write on a Razer Blackwidow? I'm going to NASL and want HerO to sign it.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
July 14 2012 00:47 GMT
#3515
I'm not being able to install patch 1.4.4 because of this error:

The file "D:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base21029\patch.SC2Archive : Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Units\Terran\VikingFighterDeath\VikingFighterDeath_01.m3" could not be written. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::Write/SFileWriteFile)

Any idea?
SoulWager
Profile Joined August 2010
United States464 Posts
July 14 2012 01:01 GMT
#3516
On July 14 2012 09:47 Garnet wrote:
I'm not being able to install patch 1.4.4 because of this error:

The file "D:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base21029\patch.SC2Archive : Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Units\Terran\VikingFighterDeath\VikingFighterDeath_01.m3" could not be written. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::Write/SFileWriteFile)

Any idea?

delete the offending file and run the repair tool.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
July 14 2012 12:04 GMT
#3517
getting some random freezes while playing games. not very frequent (happened like 6 or 7 times in 1 1/2 months) but still annoying.
system:
i5-2500k / HR-02 Macho / Gigabyte 560ti 448 / Asrock Z77 Pro 4 / BeQuiet 450w E9 / Crucial M4

if it matters, freezes started on the day d3 launched/ i first played it. cant remember any before but build the pc only like a month before that so... but freezes happen in all games(d3,akrham city,dota2,bf3).

any easy pointers?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Nabutso
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
July 14 2012 15:47 GMT
#3518
Going offline on xsplit turns off the wireless on my PC. I need to disconnect (as it says I have limited/no connectivity) and reconnect it to get back online. Has anyone else had similar issues?

This may be related, whenever Flash crashes, it disconnects my internet aswell.
ShaunO
Profile Joined April 2011
United States44 Posts
July 14 2012 21:26 GMT
#3519
I am running a intel dual core g860 3.0ghz processor with 4gb of ram, until I can afford a nice GPU, I am running integrated graphics (i know, the horror). I can run sc2 fine on low graphics right now, but I was wondering, what other games are fun and run easily on intel's integrated HD graphics? thanks for your time!
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
July 15 2012 00:12 GMT
#3520
On June 30 2012 00:09 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 00:03 Wabbit wrote:
On June 29 2012 17:16 xeo1 wrote:
bought a new pc (i5 3570k, z77 board, 8gb ram, corsair cx430, gtx 460).. yet in max army 1v1 battles I drop down to about 30 fps, with all LOW settings. I added the fps cap in variables.txt as well, 30 in menu 60 in game. what could be the problem? oO


The problem is the way SC2 is programmed. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change that and a better video card won't change a thing.

The only solution is to overclock your CPU. That's why you paid extra for the "K" and Z77 so... start by doing a mild OC (like just increasing the multiplier to 42, disable turbo, leave everything else on auto - especially voltages - it should be stable). That'll increase your minimum FPS by quite a bit.

This is all assuming you have some aftermarket cooling, of course.


What?

He's got a high end i5 ivy bridge and you don't think that should be able to run SC2 above 30FPS on all Low settings? With everything on low he should be getting stupid high framerates, unless he left something like physics set on high. Also, the ivy bridges have been proving to get pretty hot when overclocked. Without an after market cooler I would not suggest trying this.

xeo1, open a new thread. This isn't really a simple question and trying to keep up with answers spread out over 3 pages is going to be annoying as hell. If you can, run something like a 3D mark or a PCmark just to give everyone a baseline idea of what type of performance you're getting out of your hardware.


im running them now, and will start a thread shortly after. thx!
Prev 1 174 175 176 177 178 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1133
SteadfastSC835
ComeBackTV 793
TaKeTV 590
IndyStarCraft 243
Rex133
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 835
IndyStarCraft 243
Rex 135
ProTech135
BRAT_OK 50
UpATreeSC 37
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39109
Shuttle 782
Mini 384
Larva 358
Rush 333
Dewaltoss 102
Hyuk 99
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 27
Bale 21
Rock 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1759
Counter-Strike
fl0m1480
Fnx 790
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1616
Khaldor1248
Other Games
FrodaN1317
Beastyqt389
DeMusliM250
XBOCT207
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe123
XaKoH 99
QueenE82
C9.Mang075
Mew2King68
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 41
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4008
Other Games
• imaqtpie466
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 34m
Online Event
17h 34m
FEL
22h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.