• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:09
CEST 16:09
KST 23:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

Stream Quality Guide - Page 3

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
xarthaz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1704 Posts
May 10 2011 17:49 GMT
#41
On May 08 2011 11:23 R1CH wrote:

480p (720x480): 750-1000kbps
720p (1280x720): 1500-3000kbps
1080p (1920x1080): 3000-5000kbps+

One thing to consider with these bitrates is that at such high bitrates, the major quality advantage of x264 is not nearly as impressive as it is at low bitrates. A comparison ive used: http://keyj.s2000.ws/?p=356
[image loading]
According to this, xvid, the second highest quality encoder takes far less cpu power while maintaining similar quality, at least at higher bitrates.
Aah thats the stuff..
scrubiee
Profile Joined October 2010
Malaysia14 Posts
May 10 2011 18:35 GMT
#42
Hey guys do you all have this problem which i am currently having it with xsplit streaming on justin.tv

without xsplit I can play at 200fps on sc2

the problem is when i use xsplit... at 30fps... my sc2 fps drops to 30-60 fps and its really laggy...
it seems that xsplit's fps is sync with sc2's fps which sucks big time

I do not know why is this happening... because on my laptop.. 50fps seems smooth to me but i need 150 - 200 fps to be smooth

I tried playing on 60 fps which is pretty smooth in sc2(frames at 80-100) for me but when i use my mouse cursor to change position of the screen it starts getting jerky which really spoils the gaming experience.. any idea how I could solve this problem or should i just take this issue to the xsplit team?

Thanks...

My question is

1) how do i unsync sc2's frame n xsplits frame, because i know procaster for livestream could do such things..

2) Why do i lag when my fps is around 80FPS on my PC

but at 50FPS on my LAPTOP it is smooth.. seems weird no?

thanks guys

sorry if i have been spamming on other threads too but i really want to get this working ...
zerosiris
Profile Joined April 2008
United States64 Posts
May 10 2011 19:17 GMT
#43
I tried to use the resolution 840X525 as suggested as my native res is 1680X1050 but when I broadcast it says that it is streaming but on my justin.tv page nothing is live, if I change the resolution to one of the default resolutions that come with xsplit then stream everything works fine, does anyone have an idea of what is happening?
qzlsecret
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico126 Posts
May 10 2011 19:28 GMT
#44
wow now i know what i have to get an do for running smoothly a stream, thanks!!!
asdd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
228 Posts
May 13 2011 13:00 GMT
#45
Great write up, really nice for someone like me getting into streaming with limited experience. You mention overclocking the Core i5 2500k, would it still be able to stream in okay quality even without overclocking?
I
Zero RDS
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada104 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 07:42:06
May 14 2011 07:41 GMT
#46
i still have some lag can someone suggest a setting that will work with my pc?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1295368895.png
"Do A Barrel Roll"
Progamermatt
Profile Joined December 2010
United States79 Posts
May 14 2011 19:34 GMT
#47
sorry if it was posted but i wasn't sure if it was answered...

my upload was 3.93 Mbps. Is this good enough to stream? If so, what quality? (i think it says 1080, but im not sure if that's what it's referring to). Thanks.
I'm the man.
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
May 16 2011 12:42 GMT
#48
ok so 720p (1280x720): 1500-3000kbps
i have 3up if i go at 2000kbps
will it be in HD ?
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
wxwx
Profile Joined May 2010
527 Posts
May 25 2011 15:49 GMT
#49
Ok so I have a Core2duo 2.6ghz, 3 years old graphics card, 1.5gig ddr3 ram. I have 10m/6m Down/upload. Can someone please recommend some Xsplit settings?

I tested it, and to make it not-lag I had to lower res and frames to 640x480, and 15fps. 3k Bitrate. Which looks pretty awful. Any tips?

Progamermatt
Profile Joined December 2010
United States79 Posts
May 25 2011 21:00 GMT
#50
How well do you think 4gb 1333 ram, i5 2500k, 6850 gpu could stream sc2? Download is 20mb (don't think it really matters), upload is ~4Mbps. Will this run it on ultra? High? Medium? thanks.
I'm the man.
Duis
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany16 Posts
May 31 2011 22:47 GMT
#51
On May 26 2011 00:49 wxwx wrote:
Ok so I have a Core2duo 2.6ghz, 3 years old graphics card, 1.5gig ddr3 ram. I have 10m/6m Down/upload. Can someone please recommend some Xsplit settings?

I tested it, and to make it not-lag I had to lower res and frames to 640x480, and 15fps. 3k Bitrate. Which looks pretty awful. Any tips?


As far as i understood all the TL guides on streaming, that's about as good as it's going to get. You should lower your bitrate though. I don't see a reason for it to be so high while streaming at 640x480. Should be around 750kbps. Don't know if that actually has an impact on cpu performance. Maybe after that you can increase the fps to 20 which would be desirable.
Think for yourself and question authority.
Dagobert
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 18:18:54
June 08 2011 11:26 GMT
#52
How do you record 1680x1050 (or 840x525) when FMLE (VHScrCap) doesn't list that as input (output)? I've been trying everything and it both a) looks like crap and b) lags. Even when I record it to HDD and am not streaming at all. I've followed all guides listed and I just don't get what could be wrong besides the resolution thing.

I'm running an i7 2.6k with W7, 2GB Radeon 6950 and 8GB RAM so I don't think recording should be much of a problem.

Edit: deinstalled the Multicam crap and installed SCFH DSF, this is much better, but the image is quite blurry and I get artifacts when scrolling. I changed my natural resolution to 1600x900 and the SCFH to fullscreen input while setting FME output to 800x450. Result: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15243841 I think this could be better...

I think maybe if I could play SC2 in a window I could adjust the input resolution, but SC2 doesn't let me change my res anymore, I can only choose between fullscreen and windowed fullscreen... any ideas?

Edit2: I can get to windowed mode by manually changing it in the config file. I found out that you can change the 'confine mouse' at options - controls... the weird thing is that, apparently, SC2 doesn't want to start in windowed mode at the resolution I defined in variables.txt so I have to pull the window until it's the size I want it to be. Problem with that is that it messes up the ratio as it's so imprecise.

Final Edit: Alright, seems like justin.tv offers better quality... stream is smooth as silk and quality is neat, lowering my SC2 quality settings from extreme to 'high' helped keep me at 50-60FPS... so I'm good now. Thx for the SCFH suggestion, R1CH!
kuro466
Profile Joined May 2011
United States19 Posts
June 18 2011 03:11 GMT
#53
For some reason in order to get good SC2 windowed fullscreen FPS, I have to make sure aero compositing stays ON. (win7x64, windowed fullscreen 2560x1600, ati hd 5770, i7 2.9ghz)

Normally I get about 55fps in SC2 windowed fullscreen 2560x1600. If aero compositing is disabled (either by xsplit, or if I do it myself), my SC2 framerate drops to about 12 fps. No idea why this is, but if I just uncheck the box in xsplit trying to turn off aero, my fps stays high.

From casual observation, it seems like Flash Media Encoder + VH Capture caused a slightly lower hit to game performance than xsplit... but I can't say for sure. I also didn't have audio properly setup in FME, and honestly xsplit is so much easier to setup and use that I'll stick with it as long as it's close in performance.

lqd
Profile Joined May 2010
United States108 Posts
June 18 2011 06:34 GMT
#54
how big is the difference between a 2500K and 2600K assuming both OC'ed to 4ghz or whatever?
i'm not a team
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
June 24 2011 17:55 GMT
#55
I've been having an issue with dropped frames, the stream runs pretty smooth but I drop enough frames randomly that it will look jerky at times. I have an i7 and a 25up/25down connection, so my CPU and Bandwith are overkill. Here are my settings

+ Show Spoiler +
<device>VHMultiCam</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<frame_rate>30.00</frame_rate>
<size>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
</size>
</video>
<audio>
<device>Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<sample_rate>22050</sample_rate>
<channels>2</channels>
<input_volume>75</input_volume>
</audio>
</capture>
<encode>
<video>
<format>VP6</format>
<datarate>2200</datarate>
<advanced>
<keyframe_frequency>10 seconds</keyframe_frequency>
<quality>Good Quality - Good Framerate</quality>
<noise_reduction>None</noise_reduction>
<datarate_window>Medium</datarate_window>
<cpu_usage>Dedicated</cpu_usage>
</advanced>
</video>
<audio>
<format>Mp3</format>
<datarate>80</datarate>


I play the game at 1680x1050, i downscale it to 720p in VHMulticam and FME.
www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 18:24:53
June 24 2011 17:59 GMT
#56
On June 18 2011 15:34 lqd wrote:
how big is the difference between a 2500K and 2600K assuming both OC'ed to 4ghz or whatever?

hyper threading. 2600k has it the 2500k does not, in games wouldn't matter for the most part, in encoding applications that can run more then 2-4 threads you'll see a difference.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833-16.html
but it really depends on the software can't guarantee that would you better performance without a proper benchmark running sc2 along with various encoding software as you can see from the link above not all are created equal. The 2600k is bound to do better but by how much ionno.
Arch00
Profile Joined July 2010
United States233 Posts
June 25 2011 06:27 GMT
#57
is 80 dropped frames after 6 minutes normal? I have a 25up/25down connection and an i7 processor with the settings I wrote in my post above. I can't seem to find a setting to tweak to reduce the ammount of dropped frames, but I also don't know what is normal.
www.twitch.tv/arch00 ~ Arch.391 SC2
Divination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States139 Posts
June 25 2011 07:15 GMT
#58
Is my stream audio quality supposed to be this bad? I'm using xsplit.

http://www.justin.tv/scdivination/b/286119115
Elzar
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany204 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-25 08:24:31
June 25 2011 08:24 GMT
#59
On June 25 2011 16:15 Divination wrote:
Is my stream audio quality supposed to be this bad? I'm using xsplit.

http://www.justin.tv/scdivination/b/286119115


No it's not supposed to be this bad.
You can change the audio quality.

Tools - Settings - Channel - (Edit) your Channel
At the bottom you'll see "audio encoding".
Divination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States139 Posts
June 27 2011 05:02 GMT
#60
Thank you so much!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1440
WardiTV858
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5770
Bisu 2899
Jaedong 1091
Horang2 578
EffOrt 524
Mini 402
actioN 333
Larva 273
ZerO 230
ggaemo 206
[ Show more ]
Yoon 107
Shinee 99
Mind 95
Pusan 86
hero 74
Dewaltoss 63
Snow 63
Hyun 62
Sharp 61
Bale 48
Barracks 46
sorry 40
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 19
Trap 19
scan(afreeca) 17
NaDa 13
Rock 12
zelot 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4765
qojqva2275
Dendi1211
Counter-Strike
Fnx 6
Other Games
olofmeister1360
hiko939
B2W.Neo706
Lowko365
crisheroes300
DeMusliM278
XBOCT232
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee184
Hui .177
QueenE87
Mew2King52
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV670
League of Legends
• Jankos2091
• Nemesis2051
• TFBlade595
Other Games
• Shiphtur63
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 52m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.