• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:33
CEST 06:33
KST 13:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11117 users

Stream Quality Guide - Page 2

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 19:13:50
May 08 2011 19:11 GMT
#21
I should be able to maintain a 1080p stream right?
[image loading]
I have a 5850, 8gb ram, i7 2600k, 1920x1080 monitor, h50 cooling, CM HAF 932 case.

My stream is lagging and ingame is stuttering. Anyone know why?
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
Riot Janook
Profile Joined August 2010
United States112 Posts
May 08 2011 23:28 GMT
#22
Great post, i hope this gets stickyd.
Lots of great info here that helped me decide I shouldn't stream.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
May 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#23
I'm sorry but I have to nitpick your points on the bitrate, those numbers are way higher than necessary from what I've tested. I was able to run a 1024x576 resolution stream before I got better internet at just 500 kbps. Also after that I've run a 1280x720 stream at alternating 1000 and 1500 kbps settings with no major quality losses. The main issue is when you're running a stream that is 2500+ bitrate it limits the number of viewers who actually cannot view that stream.

Especially since most people on JTV don't have partner status and this means they cannot scale down the quality on the stream when the bitrate is too high. I"d suggest for the vast majority of streamers to run their bitrate as low as possible so their viewers can actually watch. Most streams that run 3k or higher are just plain unwatchable even on my internet which is stupidly fast.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
May 09 2011 00:08 GMT
#24
I know XSplit still requires the game to be some kind of windowed mode to stream but does FMLE? Or alternatively is there anyway to stream fullscreened?
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
May 09 2011 00:12 GMT
#25
On May 09 2011 08:58 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
I'm sorry but I have to nitpick your points on the bitrate, those numbers are way higher than necessary from what I've tested. I was able to run a 1024x576 resolution stream before I got better internet at just 500 kbps. Also after that I've run a 1280x720 stream at alternating 1000 and 1500 kbps settings with no major quality losses. The main issue is when you're running a stream that is 2500+ bitrate it limits the number of viewers who actually cannot view that stream.

Especially since most people on JTV don't have partner status and this means they cannot scale down the quality on the stream when the bitrate is too high. I"d suggest for the vast majority of streamers to run their bitrate as low as possible so their viewers can actually watch. Most streams that run 3k or higher are just plain unwatchable even on my internet which is stupidly fast.


I can second this, I can't watch NASL's absurd 3k bitrate yet i can watch any other stream or video on the internet.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
May 09 2011 00:14 GMT
#26
On May 09 2011 09:08 lynx.oblige wrote:
I know XSplit still requires the game to be some kind of windowed mode to stream but does FMLE? Or alternatively is there anyway to stream fullscreened?


I'm not sure about FMLE but with xsplit, just set Starcraft 2 to Windowed (fullscreen) and you are set. It doesn't effect playing on it at all.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
May 09 2011 00:41 GMT
#27
On May 09 2011 09:08 lynx.oblige wrote:
I know XSplit still requires the game to be some kind of windowed mode to stream but does FMLE? Or alternatively is there anyway to stream fullscreened?


no it is not required for FMLE but most games do not stream very well in full screen mode so you usually need to use windowed mode anyways.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 03:41:39
May 09 2011 03:38 GMT
#28
Anyone know whether dxtory output should be set to AVI or RawCap if you're outputting to DirectShow for xsplit? Also, if you're outputting 25 fps with xsplit, should dxtory be set to capture 25 fps, or does it matter?
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 05:40:33
May 09 2011 05:37 GMT
#29
Well I ask because I still get a blank screen when trying to stream League of Legends using FMLE. Can someone PM me the method of streaming fullscreen? (LoL has issues in windowed mode like not being able to mouse scroll downwards in windowed and others) I wish it had windowed fullscreen like SC2 (fortunately SC2 works great)
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Zero RDS
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada104 Posts
May 09 2011 05:47 GMT
#30
hi, i know this is not on topic but i didnt know where else to post it, how do i switch over to justin.tv ? i'm currently on livestream but i want to switch over for the quality.
"Do A Barrel Roll"
Zero RDS
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada104 Posts
May 09 2011 07:06 GMT
#31
ok nvm, i got a new stream but i need help trying to stream SC2 now it wont show up with my stream
"Do A Barrel Roll"
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
May 09 2011 07:46 GMT
#32
On May 09 2011 14:37 lynx.oblige wrote:
Well I ask because I still get a blank screen when trying to stream League of Legends using FMLE. Can someone PM me the method of streaming fullscreen? (LoL has issues in windowed mode like not being able to mouse scroll downwards in windowed and others) I wish it had windowed fullscreen like SC2 (fortunately SC2 works great)


get a program called shiftwindow it fixes the windowed mode so that it appears like it's fullscreen
Zero RDS
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada104 Posts
May 09 2011 09:08 GMT
#33
thanks for the last post i think i need to get that program too.
"Do A Barrel Roll"
sooch
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada299 Posts
May 09 2011 17:52 GMT
#34
For some reason, when I try to output in 840x525 (2:1 for my monitor) the broadcast fails and all viewers see is the "please enable virtual camera" message from Xsplit. Any pre-set resolution (i.e. the ones listed under View>Resolutions) works, but when I try to add this 840x525 there are issues. Anyone know about this ?
-IntEnZ-
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden50 Posts
May 09 2011 18:02 GMT
#35
Great guide R1CH, props.
Legend`
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada381 Posts
May 09 2011 18:03 GMT
#36
Wonderful guide. Played around with settings myself before reading this and it didn't turn out that well, going to play around with it some more. Thanks!
NME.352 GM NA Protoss
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
May 10 2011 00:08 GMT
#37
I've been using VP6 over H264 because it does much better with fast scenes from my testing. Is there a noticeable problem with VP6 that would make people choose H264 over it? I've noticed that the TSL stream uses H264 as well.
Ner0
Profile Joined July 2008
United States131 Posts
May 10 2011 00:12 GMT
#38
On May 10 2011 09:08 Kinky wrote:
I've been using VP6 over H264 because it does much better with fast scenes from my testing. Is there a noticeable problem with VP6 that would make people choose H264 over it? I've noticed that the TSL stream uses H264 as well.

VP6 is an older codec that is available to users of Adobe Flash Media Encoder. It requires a higher bitrate (more upload) for the same quality, but has some benefits in that it recovers from scene changes faster than FME's H264.

That is what I would imagine.

Thanks to the guide I'll be boosting my bitrate to 1200 and changing some quality settings. Hopefully now some FPS games will stream better.
Kolvacs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1203 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 14:05:08
May 10 2011 14:03 GMT
#39
I use VP6 because from testing, it is like 100% better for motion use.
Here are my settings:

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Stream Resolution: 640x360
Video Bitrate: 300

[image loading]
That's why ^^.

Here is a video of my stream quality: http://www.justin.tv/kolvacs/b/285523078


----
On May 09 2011 04:11 Dakk wrote:
I should be able to maintain a 1080p stream right?
[image loading]
I have a 5850, 8gb ram, i7 2600k, 1920x1080 monitor, h50 cooling, CM HAF 932 case.

My stream is lagging and ingame is stuttering. Anyone know why?


You most likely don't have the bitrate/frame rate settings properly set-up.
MyNameIsAlex
Profile Joined March 2011
Greece827 Posts
May 10 2011 17:46 GMT
#40
On May 09 2011 04:11 Dakk wrote:
I should be able to maintain a 1080p stream right?
[image loading]
I have a 5850, 8gb ram, i7 2600k, 1920x1080 monitor, h50 cooling, CM HAF 932 case.

My stream is lagging and ingame is stuttering. Anyone know why?




try dxtory, look on the support forums here to see what it is.

i had the same prob with you. like many many others here.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 205
NeuroSwarm 169
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 338
BeSt 158
hero 97
sorry 41
Mind 26
Bale 16
ZergMaN 13
Terrorterran 12
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever998
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Counter-Strike
taco 419
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King205
Other Games
summit1g9440
Maynarde202
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH214
• Hupsaiya 132
• practicex 30
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota296
League of Legends
• Rush993
• Stunt245
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 27m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.