• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:00
CEST 09:00
KST 16:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6674 users

If SC3 happens, which units would you keep? - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
September 03 2021 14:55 GMT
#21
It astonishes me that zerg doesn't have a 1-food unit in sc2. i know the roach used to be 1 food, but the fact the swarm race has a lot of 2-supply units is really off to me.

Brood War would be a good starting point for sc3. Some kind of blending of the best ideas from both games might also work.

But we aren't getting sc3 xD
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:07:51
September 03 2021 15:02 GMT
#22
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.

I have a feeling as the pool goes on, we'll end up votting to remove essentially all unit except for Mutmut and lurker.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:18:57
September 03 2021 15:08 GMT
#23
On September 04 2021 00:02 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.


yeah I agree, Reaper hate is surprising its a very well designed unit.

I'm also very surprised by the hate for the baneling. I think the baneling is a great unit. Its interactions with marines is one of the core elements that makes sc2 tvz so exciting to watch and play. Why would you get rid of it??? It has so many uses and it's one of those units that scales well with skill and exicution.

Im shocked though that any one would want to keep the brood lord like wth.

Glad to see we at least all agree that the swarmhost is a teribly desinged unit though
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:20:41
September 03 2021 15:13 GMT
#24
On September 03 2021 23:44 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2021 23:28 Vision_ wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:29 neutralrobot wrote:
On September 03 2021 21:25 Vision_ wrote:
On September 03 2021 21:01 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Lots of polls!


Yes lot of polls, this is surprising and a good start

Is a giant poll about part of the game which has to be reworked or no, could be interesting (with pro advices in order to get a less intensive game in micro) ?

Comments aside, i think OP should include BattleCruiser since they had "teleport" spell (...)

And there s an awfull result which is a shame from what we discussed about one weeks :

Poll: Would you keep the Lurker?

Yes (52) 65%

No (9) 11%

Maybe with some changes (19) 24%

80 total votes


This kind of votes just give me the feeling to never think about a future SC3 (only 24% against 65%) because some pros already said it in the latest thread :

On August 30 2021 23:09 MyiPtitDrogo wrote:
I'll say this only reading a little bit of the thread like the true sigma male that I am, but if skytoss didn't exist yea the lurker would need a range nerf almost 100%.

Thing is by the time lurker becomes broken you usually have unit they can't shoot so it's alright, but skytoss games are sad so I completely understand why you would want a more ground based lategame


It means most of members here are Zerg, isn t it ?


Or they remember BW? Or they generally think it could be a good unit if implemented well in a different game? Or they have a different view of it in SC2? Or they don't think this is a problem (e.g., skytoss DOES exist; a range nerf is not a request to remove the unit from the game entirely)? Or... countless other things I'm not thinking of off the top of my head?


I m happy you react to my post,

I m sad cause 65% doesn t listen pro opinions... Last week, an entire thread has been written and for once i do read it entirely and i find the discuss was straight line and interesting,... and i was happy to read an unanimously opinion about lurker.

That s very rare here, isn t it ? Now surprisingly, we see a lot of hidden opinions in contradiction with what the majority of writers think. Maybe this vote is a proof of something, but definetly this vote doesn t reflect a wise direction concerning an eventual patch, from Blizzard or from community.


I voted yes for the lurker. It's a great unit in Brood War. It's okay in SC2, but I see future in which the 80% of the units are change or modified in some way and that the pacing, style, and maps are different too. I don't see the poll saying SC3 is a SC2 clone, but you can choose what units stay and go. I think a well designed SC3 has a place where lurkers work and make sense.


I may understand, so this vote should deserve a better description, as 'YES, with very few caracteristics modifications (cause option : with changes is mainly about 'design modifications')

Is there another unit which can be revelant as lurkers in term of contradiction ?
washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:18:21
September 03 2021 15:17 GMT
#25
On September 04 2021 00:13 Vision_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2021 23:44 BisuDagger wrote:
On September 03 2021 23:28 Vision_ wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:29 neutralrobot wrote:
On September 03 2021 21:25 Vision_ wrote:
On September 03 2021 21:01 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Lots of polls!


Yes lot of polls, this is surprising and a good start

Is a giant poll about part of the game which has to be reworked or no, could be interesting (with pro advices in order to get a less intensive game in micro) ?

Comments aside, i think OP should include BattleCruiser since they had "teleport" spell (...)

And there s an awfull result which is a shame from what we discussed about one weeks :

Poll: Would you keep the Lurker?

Yes (52) 65%

No (9) 11%

Maybe with some changes (19) 24%

80 total votes


This kind of votes just give me the feeling to never think about a future SC3 (only 24% against 65%) because some pros already said it in the latest thread :

On August 30 2021 23:09 MyiPtitDrogo wrote:
I'll say this only reading a little bit of the thread like the true sigma male that I am, but if skytoss didn't exist yea the lurker would need a range nerf almost 100%.

Thing is by the time lurker becomes broken you usually have unit they can't shoot so it's alright, but skytoss games are sad so I completely understand why you would want a more ground based lategame


It means most of members here are Zerg, isn t it ?


Or they remember BW? Or they generally think it could be a good unit if implemented well in a different game? Or they have a different view of it in SC2? Or they don't think this is a problem (e.g., skytoss DOES exist; a range nerf is not a request to remove the unit from the game entirely)? Or... countless other things I'm not thinking of off the top of my head?


I m happy you react to my post,

I m sad cause 65% doesn t listen pro opinions... Last week, an entire thread has been written and for once i do read it entirely and i find the discuss was straight line and interesting,... and i was happy to read an unanimously opinion about lurker.

That s very rare here, isn t it ? Now surprisingly, we see a lot of hidden opinions in contradiction with what the majority of writers think. Maybe this vote is a proof of something, but definetly this vote doesn t reflect a wise direction concerning an eventual patch, from Blizzard or from community.


I voted yes for the lurker. It's a great unit in Brood War. It's okay in SC2, but I see future in which the 80% of the units are change or modified in some way and that the pacing, style, and maps are different too. I don't see the poll saying SC3 is a SC2 clone, but you can choose what units stay and go. I think a well designed SC3 has a place where lurkers work and make sense.


I may understand, so this vote should deserve a better description, as 'YES, with very few caracteristics modifications (cause option : with changes is about 'design modifications')


I would want changes. I'm not a fan of how lurker works in sc2, and tbh I'm not huge on it in sc1 either. for instance the strength of stacking lurkers on ramps has always bothered me.

I would like a very diffrent lurker in an sc3. I think it would be realy cool if instead of an aoe unit it was more like a very strong mobile stealthed long range sunken collony. It only hits one target with no splash but does a huge amount of damage. Kind of like a ground liberator. I think this would be a much better role for the lurker as now its a counter unit to strong big ground units instead of a small ground unit shredder. I want banelings and a reworked lurker if we get sc3. not lurkers as zergs primary ground aoe.
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
September 03 2021 15:19 GMT
#26
On September 04 2021 00:08 washikie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2021 00:02 Nakajin wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.


yeah I agree, Reaper hate is surprising its a very well designed unit.

I'm also very surprised by the hate for the baneling. I think the baneling is a great unit. Its interactions with marines is one of the core elements that makes sc2 tvz so exciting to watch and play. Why would you get rid of it??? It has so many uses and is one of those units that scales well with skill and exicution.

Im shocked though that any one would want to keep the brood lord like wth.

Glad to see we at least all agree that the swarmhost is a teribly desinged unit though


Hey I like the Swarmhost!
Lots of micro and strategy going into using it and defending against it.

I agree BL is stupid though
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 03 2021 15:25 GMT
#27
On September 04 2021 00:08 washikie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2021 00:02 Nakajin wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.


yeah I agree, Reaper hate is surprising its a very well designed unit.

I'm also very surprised by the hate for the baneling. I think the baneling is a great unit. Its interactions with marines is one of the core elements that makes sc2 tvz so exciting to watch and play. Why would you get rid of it??? It has so many uses and it's one of those units that scales well with skill and exicution.

Im shocked though that any one would want to keep the brood lord like wth.

Glad to see we at least all agree that the swarmhost is a teribly desinged unit though

yeah I do love the baneling as well and it indeed interacts amazingly with marines, but I can get how difficult it can be to balance the game around an unit which is so supply efficient.

Just out of curiosity because I really think this is an important point in such a discussion :
Poll: would you keep warpgate ?

no (27)
 
49%

yes (15)
 
27%

yes but with tweaks (13)
 
24%

55 total votes

Your vote: would you keep warpgate ?

(Vote): yes
(Vote): no
(Vote): yes but with tweaks

washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:29:13
September 03 2021 15:27 GMT
#28
On September 04 2021 00:25 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2021 00:08 washikie wrote:
On September 04 2021 00:02 Nakajin wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.


yeah I agree, Reaper hate is surprising its a very well designed unit.

I'm also very surprised by the hate for the baneling. I think the baneling is a great unit. Its interactions with marines is one of the core elements that makes sc2 tvz so exciting to watch and play. Why would you get rid of it??? It has so many uses and it's one of those units that scales well with skill and exicution.

Im shocked though that any one would want to keep the brood lord like wth.

Glad to see we at least all agree that the swarmhost is a teribly desinged unit though

yeah I do love the baneling as well and it indeed interacts amazingly with marines, but I can get how difficult it can be to balance the game around an unit which is so supply efficient.

Just out of curiosity because I really think this is an important point in such a discussion :
Poll: would you keep warpgate ?

no (27)
 
49%

yes (15)
 
27%

yes but with tweaks (13)
 
24%

55 total votes

Your vote: would you keep warpgate ?

(Vote): yes
(Vote): no
(Vote): yes but with tweaks




I would most certainly not keep warpgate. For warpgate to be ballanced all toss gateway units have to be kind of terrible outside of specific timings where you can overwelm with them by abusing the warpgate mechanic. To me Starcraft brood war protoss is just so much cooler than starcraft 2 protoss and a big part of that is the strenght of individual gateway protoss units in brood war compared to sc2.

If we did have to keep it I would want something like warpgate takes twice as long as regular gateways to produce units, that way you could make it for its utility or for one offensive warpin, but most of the time you are using gateways to macro.
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
September 03 2021 15:34 GMT
#29
I'd like a few more polls regarding buildings. I also would like map feature polls. I would 100% vote for high ground advantage like in SC1. I think it is a brilliant way to improve defense at home and positions around the map.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 15:46:56
September 03 2021 15:45 GMT
#30
It d be nice to be able to do muta stacking and micro again

Less spellcasting overall would be great too. Like ok blink for stalker why not, but adept should go, blink dt, teleporting bc etc as well. There are just too many spells spread out over the units.

Less air ships: no need for void ray and carriers and tempest, pick one (carrier?), No liberator either, no Oracle (at least no with the ability to erase a mineral line that fast)

Edit: also high ground advantage as said above. Maybe also lower dps over the board so battles last a bit longer (allows more micro/flanking)
Horang2 fan
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 16:28:41
September 03 2021 15:59 GMT
#31


Don t you like my swarmy ? awesome range
PS : i removed my graphic card
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
September 03 2021 16:20 GMT
#32
It's been 10 years and everyone still hates the swarm host and nobody ever uses it besides the odd games. The single worst unit in the history of RTS?
dysenterymd
Profile Joined January 2019
1250 Posts
September 03 2021 16:23 GMT
#33
I actually like most of the SC2 units. I think the biggest issues with SC2 are the supremacy of air units late game and the Queen being way too strong all around, though creep spread + inject are cool. A redesign where air units are strictly worse at head to head fights than ground units of the same tier and their primary advantage is not being constrained by terrain would be great, though I suppose that could come with the risk of making things like lurkers and siege tanks way too powerful.
Serral | Inno | sOs | soO | Has | Classic
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
September 03 2021 16:35 GMT
#34
People wouldn't keep banelings but would keep the immortal!? What is wrong with you people!

For reals though, banelings have consistently provided some of the most fun moments in SC2 over the last 10 years. I've always considered them the best new unit.

I'm also surprised people would keep the viking. I consider that to be a fairly boring unit.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Legan
Profile Joined June 2017
Finland597 Posts
September 03 2021 16:58 GMT
#35
Warp gate isn't really a problem when you are warping in 2-6 units to stop harass or as a drop, but when you warp in 8-12 units as "harass", to defend a sizeable attack, or as main way of production. The easy change is to separate warp in from Gateway to its own building and limit what it can warp in such way that it doesn't become main way of producing units. If the warp in as reinforcement is a problem make warp prism require much more time setting up safely. Without experimenting with the concept more I don't really see why it should be feared as much when Nydus can allow same kind of fast army movement and be received very well.
Creator of Gresvan, Tropical Sacrifice, Taitalika, and Golden Forge
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 18:54:01
September 03 2021 18:26 GMT
#36
I must say I'm also surprised at the results so far, buts it's only been like 12 hours so the results night change.

Also in retrospective, "maybe with some changes" should have said "yes with some changes". Maybe I'll put a note in the OP.

I think the warp gate discussion deserves its own thread honestly, alongside inject, mule, chronoboost and not be buried in a comment. For what is worth i like warpage, but building time should definitely be higher. Maybe warp gate reduces building time from normal gateways by like 10% let's your warp units from warpgates at a 20% increased cooldown (Stalkers would have a cool down of 37 seconds instead of 30 for example).

I'm surprised people don't like adepts, I think with some tweaks they could be a cool unit. Also surprised people don't like tempests. I remember when they were announced they were supposed to be short range, area damage units that would just wreck mutas. Watching that video was the happiest day of my life. Then they changed them to have 15 range, with an upgrade to have 22(!!!) Range, which was crazy. And finally their current state, having I think 10 range against ground and 14 against air (which is super confusing btw because the range indicator they have is for the air, so they always get much closer than what you'd think when attacking ground).

Still, I really like them. They are situational but it's good that Protoss has an actual siege unit, specially with the damage to building upgrades, that's not very good at direct engages. I think it's an interesting unit.

Finally surprised people like the immortal. I personally love how it looks, but I think it needs some tweaks. Also, could we remove the terrible animation it has for its barrier now and put the old visual back in? The new animation just puts a weird white thing on his arms, while the previous one was a badass spherical shield made out of hexagons that reacted to where the attacks were coming from.

Just look at how bad ass this looks


Hell, in general the new barrier is kind of shitty. Makes immortals better vs units like marines, baenlings and other fast units, and its literally useless agaisnt tanks since it activates after receiving damage, so the immortal gets 70 damage, and then it is active for 2 seconds and absords the damage, but the siege tank atacks every 2.17 seconds, which means the second shot happens after barriers expired, dealing full damage. And the barrier has a 32 (!!) second cooldown. It's kind of a lame design honestly.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Azhrak
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland1198 Posts
September 03 2021 18:33 GMT
#37
These I would like to see removed full stop:
  • widow mine
  • disruptor
  • swarm host

Others could be tweaked if not remowed. But naturally I would be the most interested in the NEW units SC3 could offer. I don't want an SC:BW remake, or SC2++, but a fresh new game. Sadly I seriously doubt SC3 ever sees the light of day.
starcraft2.fi
phodacbiet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1740 Posts
September 03 2021 19:16 GMT
#38
The more I vote no on units the more I realize I don't really like a lot of the units in sc2. I think the only unit I voted to keep was the reaper (with changes) because I like the unit's interaction. But other than that the rest seems meh. Most of the hero units should go, imo.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
September 03 2021 19:18 GMT
#39
God help anyone who voted yes to void ray.
Monochromatic
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1000 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-09-03 19:25:42
September 03 2021 19:23 GMT
#40
On September 04 2021 00:08 washikie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2021 00:02 Nakajin wrote:
On September 03 2021 22:57 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Just saw the results after a refresh, and I'm a bit surprised by some things. I think there is a heavy BW bias for some units, for instance I was astonished to see the muta get such a plebiscite and an overwhelming majority of yes for the lurker, while the reaper which is imo quite a well designed unit gets very little love. Anyway, very very interesting.


I feel like there's a bias agaisnt new units in general.
Right now the majority are removing every single LOTV and HOTS units, with the exception of lurker that everyone wants to keep (and is a BW unit obviously)

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just an observation.


yeah I agree, Reaper hate is surprising its a very well designed unit.

I'm also very surprised by the hate for the baneling. I think the baneling is a great unit. Its interactions with marines is one of the core elements that makes sc2 tvz so exciting to watch and play. Why would you get rid of it??? It has so many uses and it's one of those units that scales well with skill and exicution.

Im shocked though that any one would want to keep the brood lord like wth.

Glad to see we at least all agree that the swarmhost is a teribly desinged unit though


I dislike the reaper since it does nothing past the early game except suicide scout. Hellions have the exact same problem. Contrast this to the oracle, which is also a powerful early game harasser. Oracles have revelation, so you're strongly incentivized to keep at least one throughout the rest of the game. I'm surprised oracles are so disliked, I think they're a great design.

The baneling is like a disruptor: it either wins you games or you get nothing from them. The baneling coming so early is the reason why roach/hydra go unused in sc2. The sheer power banelings provide means other midgame options have to be weak to compensate.

I'm surprised to see roach so hated. I think providing a choice between a generalist ground/air attacker and a slightly stronger ground only attacker is a great design decision.

Ravens are a unit that just got designed out of the game. They're next to useless outside of TvT - I don't know what people see in them.
MC: "Guys I need your support! iam poor make me nerd baller" __________________________________________RIP Violet
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft227
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS33
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h
OSC
15h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.