• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7265 users

TLMC7 Finalists Announced - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
165 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Aunvilgodess
Profile Joined May 2016
954 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 14:01:30
May 20 2016 14:00 GMT
#21
Hope Namaste and Apotheosis make it. Good luck to you guys.

But I think the need for "rush maps" is dumb. A rush, in most cases, takes place in front of another players natural and main base, while the rest of the map is completely irrelevant. What a dumb request by Blizzard.
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
May 20 2016 14:01 GMT
#22
On May 20 2016 22:56 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 22:49 Xenotolerance wrote:
the map cave needs to die

two maps scored the highest in aesthetics, was there a tie?

also will there be a feedback thread a la tlmc5

Namaste was the highest in aesthetics, what's the other one?


I read Aiur Plateau as having highest aesthetics too, maybe I was confused, maybe it was edited already
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 14:03:17
May 20 2016 14:01 GMT
#23
On May 20 2016 22:56 IIEclipseII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 22:24 The_Templar wrote:
On May 20 2016 22:17 IIEclipseII wrote:
could you consider watching at my map map again? I can't believe it didn't make it into the Finalist:
Demise on the Temple
I already tested it with a couple of very good players. It was 3 months of work.
It seems like you are favouring certain Mapmakers or nationality


Our main judging process ignored the identity of the mapmakers.


In my personal opinion, the quality of Demise on the Temple is superior to maps that are in the Finalists here. Of course you can blame me that im not subjective. But People who played my map enyojed it and had a lot of fun.
Nonetheless there are 3 maps of Avex in the Finalists. Wouldn't it be fair to make it not that one sided.
And we all know that Basetrade TV uses Avex's maps, but I'd like to believe that Basetrase TV had no influence in the map election.


Bolded part: I have heard this sort of thing a ton of times from mapmakers, even when it came to maps that actually weren't good at all. Heck, I had a similar experience on one of my (not great) maps.

And you would be correct, BaseTradeTV did not influence the judging. Avex made it in on his own merit.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
May 20 2016 14:02 GMT
#24
On May 20 2016 22:56 IIEclipseII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 22:24 The_Templar wrote:
On May 20 2016 22:17 IIEclipseII wrote:
could you consider watching at my map map again? I can't believe it didn't make it into the Finalist:
Demise on the Temple
I already tested it with a couple of very good players. It was 3 months of work.
It seems like you are favouring certain Mapmakers or nationality


Our main judging process ignored the identity of the mapmakers.


In my personal opinion, the quality of Demise on the Temple is superior to maps that are in the Finalists here. Of course you can blame me that im not subjective. But People who played my map enyojed it and had a lot of fun.
Nonetheless there are 3 maps of Avex in the Finalists. Wouldn't it be fair to make it not that one sided.
And we all know that Basetrade TV uses Avex's maps, but I'd like to believe that Basetrase TV had no influence in the map election.
The election has a smell of nepotism.


BasetradeTV had no influence on the judging.
Moderator
Aunvilgodess
Profile Joined May 2016
954 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 14:05:32
May 20 2016 14:05 GMT
#25
On May 20 2016 22:17 IIEclipseII wrote:
could you consider watching at my map map again? I can't believe it didn't make it into the Finalist:
Demise on the Temple
I already tested it with a couple of very good players. It was 3 months of work.
It seems like you are favouring certain Mapmakers or nationality



Sorry but this actually looks like a beginners map. Maybe its the graphics but the aesthetics seem lackluster.

Also tone it down with the self-congratulation...
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
May 20 2016 14:05 GMT
#26
Will you publish the shortlist?
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
Pasketi
Profile Joined May 2015
Finland16 Posts
May 20 2016 14:11 GMT
#27
It would be great, if there were a list of some maps that didn't quite make the cut, but the judges liked however. Some of us didn't get any feedback on our maps, so some encouragement would be great.

Finalists look great, though. I like the look of Korhal Killzone. Gojira Greenhouse looks like fun to play. Just my opinions.
MrMcScribbles
Profile Joined October 2015
United States21 Posts
May 20 2016 14:15 GMT
#28
Great Job everyone! Blizzard is lucky to have such a skilled community. One would think more maps would be available throughout all expansions of Starcraft. I'm sure these finalist maps took time, effort, and work. This wealth of quality input for 1k$, from a worldwide company like Blizzard, seems like a bit of a steal to me. Can't wait to watch the Tourney!
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 14:27:47
May 20 2016 14:25 GMT
#29
Don't get salty, boys. Plenty of us wish we had our map in the last remaining 15. Be glad that you had the chance to participate rather than complain that opinions on the quality of a map are subjective. Sportmanship is important
rly ?
Enekh
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)73 Posts
May 20 2016 14:27 GMT
#30
yeah!!!!!!
Twitter : @Enekh / Creator of Acolyte, Dasan Station / Former Intothemap Admin
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
May 20 2016 14:36 GMT
#31
I like some of what I see, don't like some of what I see either. It is what it is.

Congratulations finalists.

P.S. The wrong -0 map was chosen
Retired Mapmaker™
Ingvar
Profile Joined April 2015
Russian Federation421 Posts
May 20 2016 14:37 GMT
#32
On May 20 2016 22:17 IIEclipseII wrote:
It seems like you are favouring certain Mapmakers or nationality


Okay, I took my time and counted finalists from each country (sorry if I got someone wrong, I used publicly available information for it):
USA - 6, South Korea - 2, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Uruguay - 1.

Are you implying there is US bias in TLMC?
MMA | Life | Classic | Happy | Team Empire | Team Spirit
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
May 20 2016 14:38 GMT
#33
Anyone else keep checking this thread just to see a rant from Meavis? He always has harsh words for the maps the judges pick :p

Don't get salty, boys. Plenty of us wish we had our map in the last remaining 15. Be glad that you had the chance to participate rather than complain that opinions on the quality of a map are subjective. Sportmanship is important

Aye, I'm sure everyone who didn't make (me included) is upset, but its pretty low to go belittling the maps that did make it and trying to claim the judges are biased. There's nothing you can do anyways, just except your defeat and try to make better maps in the future.

It does hurt though >_<
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 14:51:37
May 20 2016 14:49 GMT
#34
Hey the TL home page says "TLMC Winners Announced".

Anyway, I guess one of my maps is a finalist - pretty cool.

I'm surprised that Blizzard allowed the unbuildable blockers at the inbase nat on Caldeum Plateau. (Not that I'm upset about it, I'm glad that this nonstandard use is now "ladder approved")

Anyway, I'm flipping crazy hyped for the BasetradeTV tournament - holy shit!
This is it... the alpaca lips.
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 15:00:17
May 20 2016 14:53 GMT
#35
Annihilation Station:
Solid macro map, easy to grab natural & third, lots of movement throughout the entire map, enough bases to take.

Apotheosis:
This was one of my favorites, although not sure I'm a huge fan of the gold base (I told -0 this) and also I'm not sure I"m a fan of the rock tower/choke now. I feel like knocking down those rocks and placing a tank or two while you ferry units over is going to be a very deadly push for terran. (Think dash and terminal tanks shelling the natural from behind the rocks)

Frozen Zone:
Not really a fan of this one. You either have Polar Night Main/Nat/3rd, which we've already seen, or the whole main/nat/3rd hugging the main. Gold bases will never get used unless you're super far ahead. I also think it gets a little awkward to expand if you're going for late game.

Cloud Kingdom 2.0:
Should be a solid map. Great re-texture job! ... Seriously though, the secret hallways are a nice touch although terran/protoss pushing zerg's natural from that hallway makes me a little nervous, not too much of a fan of the gold bases but the initial 4-5 bases are good. Plenty of great movement around the entire map.

Korhal Killzone:
My map, won't comment on because it's the perfect map (lol)

Namaste:
Okay, besides the aesthetics I do not like this map one bit. The top half is EXTREMELY choked. The bottom half will never get used. Even zerg, the only race that would like to expand towards the bottom would have to expand a loooong as hell way away to get to that base. It's been awhile since we played Ohana but I really don't want to see wonwonwon 24/7 again. Seriously the entire top half has like single wide forcefield chokes, no places for surrounds and you can even knock down a rock tower to completely block off any chance of the zerg flanking you.

Paladino Terminal:
It's a decent rush map, but pathing seems a little boring, but since it's super small there isn't a whole lot you can do with pathing. The middle choke is neat (I believe it blocks the bigger units?) This map should never get past 4 base vs 4 base as it'll just be too aggressive (nothing wrong with that though)

Shiva:
It could play for very interesting games, I like the "moonlight madness" rock tower that the enemy can break down on the offensive to lock out the natural from the third. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the northeast section of the map, seems everything is always going to gravitate towards the southwest/middle. Terran taking the gold as their third and parade pushing in might be a little too strong, especially if you set up a tank or two by the other gold and shell over into the natural.

Aiur Plateau:
Perfect example of a new map. Unfortunately with all new maps, if it got ladder it'd probably be veto'd more then Korhal Carnage (I can make this joke because that was my map...) I can't even wrap my head around how this would play to be honest. It's very neat and well thought out. Would 12 pool be too strong since there are two (technically three) entrances into the main? Would any speedling opener be too strong? Tough to say without playing it a ton.

Dasan Station:
The main/aggressive gold seem to be the only interesting things on this map. I'll love to see how that is going to play out but the rest of the map is just boring to me and I don't know if it'll ever get used. The 2oclock & 8oclock part of the map is soooo far away by ground that expanding there (and defending) is going to be tough so you're always going to see people expanding behind their gold minerals but then you have to worry about the super aggressive path in the middle all the while looping alllll the way back around to defend your natural/3rd.

Eris:
Not too much of a fan of this map either, I prefered other Uvantak maps over this one. I do like the main/nat/3rd setup but after that I think it gets a little boring. All bases hugging the edges, a ton of rocks to prevent any early game movement. The gold bases just seem & feel awkward and I don't think will ever get used. Uvantak has a million great maps and at least for me, this isn't one of them.

New Gettysburg:
Hi, welcome to sc2 I would like to build 1 barracks here. Okay, time to build a factory...hmm...guess I'll build that factory on the low ground by the Ulrena type bridge because there is no god damn room in the main, natural, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc etc etc etc. It's an interesting map although air blockers tend to be very buggy. I also dont think they serve much of a point because libs, banshees, voids, oracles, mutas(?) seem like they should all be able to still harass & deny minerals/gas from behind the walls. It's also a very boring movement wise map, you go across the long ass choked bridge or you go north and fight in the wide open area.

Caldeum Plateau:
I like this map a lot, especially mid/late game. Although I would like it better if the inbase natural didn't have the debris on it, otherwise the other natural you can take just feels so far away with a lot of chokes you have to defend. The early game scares me on this map so I feel you'll see a lot of non-sense right away. If it gets to mid/late game I like this map a ton. Either remove the debris or block off the ramp by the natural that goes toward the gold, then the attack has to commit to either attacking from the gold base into that tight choke or they'll have to commit the entire other way up the ramp and into your natural.

Flame Juggler:
Best gold map, I liked it a ton when Fatam originally posted it. Easy natural, aggressive gold that forces movement on the northeast side of the map or else your gold will get denied. Bottom half open but more base dense for the zerg, top half less base dense but chokier for the others. Close 3rd if you choose not to gold it. A+

Gojira Greenhouse:
Some of the movement on this map will feel a little awkward especially with the gold base mineral walls. I think I would try to open the map up a little more in certain areas because some of it seems a little too choked off. I like the main/downramp natural/gold base mineral wall, but I dislike the other "natural" choice. It's very fair away and the path to get to it (with those 4 high ground overlord pods) seems unneccassary. I think if we could open the map up a little more and change up that 2oclock/8oclock "natural/3rd" regular base a bit it'd be a solid map.

___

Either way, take this feedback as you will, congrats to all finalists! Excited to see these maps played!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 15:05:34
May 20 2016 15:05 GMT
#36
--- Nuked ---
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 15:09:23
May 20 2016 15:08 GMT
#37
On May 20 2016 23:53 SidianTheBard wrote:
Paladino Terminal:
It's a decent rush map, but pathing seems a little boring, but since it's super small there isn't a whole lot you can do with pathing. The middle choke is neat (I believe it blocks the bigger units?) This map should never get past 4 base vs 4 base as it'll just be too aggressive (nothing wrong with that though)
___

Either way, take this feedback as you will, congrats to all finalists! Excited to see these maps played!

All units can go through the center of paladino, the choke size is the same as ulrena's tiny pathway.

thanks for taking the time to write this up!
This is it... the alpaca lips.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 15:56:59
May 20 2016 15:15 GMT
#38
My favourites;
1. Dasan Station
2. Aiur Plateau
(both of those maps are incredible)
3. Annihilation Station, Apotheosis
(standard yet do enough to be interesting)
5. Caldeum, Paladino, Galatic Process.
(comparable qualitiy, different categories, hard to differentiate)
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
AkashSky
Profile Joined May 2014
United States257 Posts
May 20 2016 15:26 GMT
#39
Cloud Kingdom HYPE!!!!!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 20 2016 15:26 GMT
#40
Some of these categories seem kinda forced. Gojira Greenhouse is a cool map, but the fact that the mineral walls are gold instead of blue has very little to do with it...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 103
JuggernautJason54
ViBE22
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 582
firebathero 78
Zeus 67
910 31
Artosis 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS118
PPMD43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5535
Liquid`Hasu1684
Other Games
summit1g7016
shahzam579
byalli453
C9.Mang0128
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 56m
Stellar Fest
14h 56m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.