• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10835 users

February 2016 Aligulac Statistics - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-07 03:18:25
March 07 2016 03:09 GMT
#61
On March 07 2016 11:48 My_Fake_Plastic_Luv wrote:
Many of their units require really precise micro in ways that cannot be done within a large control group.



I was playing my first ladder game in a long time last night, and I thought the same thing.

I had a Void Ray, a few Phoenixes, Sentries, Disruptors, Adepts, Immortals, Stalkers and a MSC. They all have abilities, and just a single one (Immortal Shield) can be autocasted. I felt overwhelmed, switching between control groups like a madman. It is no wonder why Immortal/Archon/Chargelot is popular. Blizzard should make it so each ability has a different hotkey so I can select my whole army, and no matter what is in it I can press F and throw down Forcefields, G for Guardian Shield, ect.

I also thought about the Zerg composition I was facing. Hydra/Roach/Lurker/Ling/Mutalisk. I can count the number of abilities in that composition with one finger.

Yeah.
Edowyth
Profile Joined October 2010
United States183 Posts
March 07 2016 05:25 GMT
#62
On March 07 2016 07:32 Cascade wrote:
Is it possible to download all the aligulac data? It'd be fun to do some more detailed analysis by map and by skill level and that kind of things.


Yes. I don't know if you figured it out, but here's the relevant page:

http://aligulac.com/about/db/

Alternatively, you can use their simple API if you're not putting in really long or hard queries, though they do limit returned results for obvious reasons.

I've been thinking, lately, about pulling the whole thing down and doing a detailed analysis of what I could to see if there are actual correlations anywhere between perceived balance issues (things which actually received changes in a patch, eventually) and the win-rates of sub-populations. I'm not a statistician, though, so it might be a bit before I do more than just think about it.
"Q. How do I check a valid [e-]mail address? A. You can't, at least, not in real time. Bummer, eh?" /r/programming
Of course, you could just send them a validation email.
todespolka
Profile Joined November 2012
221 Posts
March 07 2016 06:20 GMT
#63
On March 07 2016 01:00 PinoKotsBeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 00:51 -HuShang- wrote:
On March 06 2016 22:48 SiorasSC wrote:
Can we make immortals not immortal again pls? its infuriating when you're literally killing everything except the immortals and they do so much damage to everything that only them surviving is enough


They could, but they would have to nerf lurkers and ravagers to compensate.

Im not a protoss player, but when i see PVZ games it turns out mass roach ravager lurker and the toss player can only go into air. But to do that you need more bases (gass). The lurker and ravager could certainly use a slight nerf.
The new units are too "easy/versatile" to get. Made too many roaches? no problem, just turn them into ravagers. Too many hydra's? just make lurkers. In the past zerg needed to balance their composition a lot more.
No QQ here, just my observation.



You right but thats good for the game, isnt it? It was not fair to zergs that they had to make useless units (roaches hydras useless lategame).

Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
March 07 2016 06:29 GMT
#64
On March 07 2016 14:25 Edowyth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 07:32 Cascade wrote:
Is it possible to download all the aligulac data? It'd be fun to do some more detailed analysis by map and by skill level and that kind of things.


Yes. I don't know if you figured it out, but here's the relevant page:

http://aligulac.com/about/db/

Alternatively, you can use their simple API if you're not putting in really long or hard queries, though they do limit returned results for obvious reasons.

I've been thinking, lately, about pulling the whole thing down and doing a detailed analysis of what I could to see if there are actual correlations anywhere between perceived balance issues (things which actually received changes in a patch, eventually) and the win-rates of sub-populations. I'm not a statistician, though, so it might be a bit before I do more than just think about it.

Oh, that was easy. Reveals how little effort I spent trying I'm afraid.
Thanks, nicely set up site!
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
March 07 2016 07:57 GMT
#65
On March 07 2016 12:09 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 11:48 My_Fake_Plastic_Luv wrote:
Many of their units require really precise micro in ways that cannot be done within a large control group.



I was playing my first ladder game in a long time last night, and I thought the same thing.

I had a Void Ray, a few Phoenixes, Sentries, Disruptors, Adepts, Immortals, Stalkers and a MSC. They all have abilities, and just a single one (Immortal Shield) can be autocasted. I felt overwhelmed, switching between control groups like a madman. It is no wonder why Immortal/Archon/Chargelot is popular. Blizzard should make it so each ability has a different hotkey so I can select my whole army, and no matter what is in it I can press F and throw down Forcefields, G for Guardian Shield, ect.

I also thought about the Zerg composition I was facing. Hydra/Roach/Lurker/Ling/Mutalisk. I can count the number of abilities in that composition with one finger.

Yeah.



Strange when you consider for the last 5 years where Protoss is considered the lowest mechanical race, ie Colossus\Stalker\ Zealot and build a ball then "A" move to victory.

I bet Terran players wish they had that luxury, instead of constantly splitting units and juggling hot keys all game long with Bio.

deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
March 07 2016 09:26 GMT
#66
On March 07 2016 16:57 Topdoller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 12:09 BronzeKnee wrote:
On March 07 2016 11:48 My_Fake_Plastic_Luv wrote:
Many of their units require really precise micro in ways that cannot be done within a large control group.



I was playing my first ladder game in a long time last night, and I thought the same thing.

I had a Void Ray, a few Phoenixes, Sentries, Disruptors, Adepts, Immortals, Stalkers and a MSC. They all have abilities, and just a single one (Immortal Shield) can be autocasted. I felt overwhelmed, switching between control groups like a madman. It is no wonder why Immortal/Archon/Chargelot is popular. Blizzard should make it so each ability has a different hotkey so I can select my whole army, and no matter what is in it I can press F and throw down Forcefields, G for Guardian Shield, ect.

I also thought about the Zerg composition I was facing. Hydra/Roach/Lurker/Ling/Mutalisk. I can count the number of abilities in that composition with one finger.

Yeah.



Strange when you consider for the last 5 years where Protoss is considered the lowest mechanical race, ie Colossus\Stalker\ Zealot and build a ball then "A" move to victory.

I bet Terran players wish they had that luxury, instead of constantly splitting units and juggling hot keys all game long with Bio.


Honestly, many Protoss players would trade their "every unit has an activating ability" for the micro of Terrans, where they micro units instead of activating 1214154141 different abilities.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
March 08 2016 05:05 GMT
#67
On March 07 2016 16:57 Topdoller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2016 12:09 BronzeKnee wrote:
On March 07 2016 11:48 My_Fake_Plastic_Luv wrote:
Many of their units require really precise micro in ways that cannot be done within a large control group.



I was playing my first ladder game in a long time last night, and I thought the same thing.

I had a Void Ray, a few Phoenixes, Sentries, Disruptors, Adepts, Immortals, Stalkers and a MSC. They all have abilities, and just a single one (Immortal Shield) can be autocasted. I felt overwhelmed, switching between control groups like a madman. It is no wonder why Immortal/Archon/Chargelot is popular. Blizzard should make it so each ability has a different hotkey so I can select my whole army, and no matter what is in it I can press F and throw down Forcefields, G for Guardian Shield, ect.

I also thought about the Zerg composition I was facing. Hydra/Roach/Lurker/Ling/Mutalisk. I can count the number of abilities in that composition with one finger.

Yeah.



Strange when you consider for the last 5 years where Protoss is considered the lowest mechanical race, ie Colossus\Stalker\ Zealot and build a ball then "A" move to victory.

I bet Terran players wish they had that luxury, instead of constantly splitting units and juggling hot keys all game long with Bio.



It's far more tedious to try to activate a million different abilities than split your army. The most analogous situation with Terran would be trying to micro a big engagement while having to EMP, except you have even more than one ability. Abilities are far more difficult than just microing (you don't have to tab through units, you just split them via dragging).

Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings139
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 321
soO 242
BeSt 227
sorry 45
Mind 29
Terrorterran 21
Bale 18
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever845
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
taco 384
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Other Games
summit1g11081
Maynarde197
RuFF_SC2104
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2131
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 45m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.