• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8391 users

SC2's shrinking talent pool: stuchiu on ESPN - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
545 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
ddayzy
Profile Joined September 2014
259 Posts
January 21 2016 22:03 GMT
#181
On January 22 2016 06:58 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
[quote]

I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?


The system is believed to be an incentitive for foreigners to go pro. Then few events should be there to mesure the best foreigners with koreans.
What do you not like ? I really liked the old WCS system, but it was just not fair that players profiting from it where not helping the foreign scene (barely playing on the ladder, flying to korea to prepare, ...)

It was welfare for them since they profit from high training environment and come to foreignland to take the money.
Now at least something is done and tried. Don't know if it is going to work, but it is done.



This is bizzaro-logic, what you are saying makes no sense. The best players winning tournaments is welfare because they are training with the best players whaaaaaa..?

The definition of welfare is receiving financial aid from the government or from a private organization because of hardship and need.

How on Gods green earth can you make that definition fit with what you jsut said?
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 22:10 GMT
#182
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
[quote]

Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
January 21 2016 22:14 GMT
#183
Thing is, why would people want to play a game that is - (I'm ignorant of LoL and DOTA2 for the most point, because I find MOBAs extremely boring to play - I've played 6/7 LoL games and that's it - so forgive any ignorance and arrogance I have when it comes to them) - harder to play, less accessible, more difficult competition wise, and isn't supported as much by it's developer as LoL?

This reminds me of a similar thing that happened with the UT2004 community. With the advent of an "easier" gametype, the traditional, more difficult and brutal gametypes were bereft of new players, and eventually the competitive community, even if it was 600 players strong worldwide, died.

The problem might not necessarily be the WCS system - it might simply be that the Starcraft gameplay we all know and love might be falling out of popularity with the masses in favour of the streamlined nature of MOBAs - and soon FPSMOBAs like Overwatch and Battleborn. Brood War Afreeca viewership doesn't necessarily support this, however.
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 22:16:15
January 21 2016 22:15 GMT
#184
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?

Then I guess I can sit over here and call it unfair that the Europeans don't have a respective "Kespa" system, with salaries and Televised team matches and team houses. I think there's a flip side to every situation and if you really want to complain, you can find something.

So yeah, I see your point, but it doesn't make a fan a racist because they support WCS 2016. I supported WCS 2013 in a time where basically any Korean could come to America, and they did, because frankly I love the game and always will.
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 22:23:35
January 21 2016 22:20 GMT
#185
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though
moral indignation can allow you to walk around with the feeling you're better than everyone.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 22:28:20
January 21 2016 22:23 GMT
#186
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
[quote]

I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
January 21 2016 22:24 GMT
#187
On January 22 2016 07:15 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
[quote]

I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?

Then I guess I can sit over here and call it unfair that the Europeans don't have a respective "Kespa" system, with salaries and Televised team matches and team houses. I think there's a flip side to every situation and if you really want to complain, you can find something.

So yeah, I see your point, but it doesn't make a fan a racist because they support WCS 2016. I supported WCS 2013 in a time where basically any Korean could come to America, and they did, because frankly I love the game and always will.


First, Blizzard didn't gift Kespa, infrastructure or televised matches to the Koreans. They built it on their own. So trying to make fairness by demanding Blizzard to gift it to Europeans seems a bit ridiculous to me.

And I didn't call you racist! I don't believe people nor Blizzard is being racist. I just responded because you were defending yourself from the racist acusations with arguments that -for me- were wrong.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
January 21 2016 22:24 GMT
#188
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
Did I stutter?

There's supporting the current WCS system, which I and many others don't do. Then there's being a racist, which he and I don't do(as far as I know). Then there's being an asshole, which I know for sure you've done. All different things.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 22:25 GMT
#189
On January 22 2016 07:24 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:15 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?

Then I guess I can sit over here and call it unfair that the Europeans don't have a respective "Kespa" system, with salaries and Televised team matches and team houses. I think there's a flip side to every situation and if you really want to complain, you can find something.

So yeah, I see your point, but it doesn't make a fan a racist because they support WCS 2016. I supported WCS 2013 in a time where basically any Korean could come to America, and they did, because frankly I love the game and always will.


First, Blizzard didn't gift Kespa, infrastructure or televised matches to the Koreans. They built it on their own. So trying to make fairness by demanding Blizzard to gift it to Europeans seems a bit ridiculous to me.

And I didn't call you racist! I don't believe people nor Blizzard is being racist. I just responded because you were defending yourself from the racist acusations with arguments that -for me- were wrong.


No you didn't. I did, because that's exactly what they are
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 22:26 GMT
#190
On January 22 2016 07:24 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
Did I stutter?

There's supporting the current WCS system, which I and many others don't do. Then there's being a racist, which he and I don't do(as far as I know). Then there's being an asshole, which I know for sure you've done. All different things.


You're actively supporting a system that bars players from one nation competing freely because they're better than your boys. That is racist, how you choose to justify that racism is irrelevant
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
January 21 2016 22:32 GMT
#191
On January 22 2016 07:25 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:24 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:15 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
[quote]

Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?

Then I guess I can sit over here and call it unfair that the Europeans don't have a respective "Kespa" system, with salaries and Televised team matches and team houses. I think there's a flip side to every situation and if you really want to complain, you can find something.

So yeah, I see your point, but it doesn't make a fan a racist because they support WCS 2016. I supported WCS 2013 in a time where basically any Korean could come to America, and they did, because frankly I love the game and always will.


First, Blizzard didn't gift Kespa, infrastructure or televised matches to the Koreans. They built it on their own. So trying to make fairness by demanding Blizzard to gift it to Europeans seems a bit ridiculous to me.

And I didn't call you racist! I don't believe people nor Blizzard is being racist. I just responded because you were defending yourself from the racist acusations with arguments that -for me- were wrong.


No you didn't. I did, because that's exactly what they are


It's just a word, sometimes misused, but the important thing is that we can keep the discussion going. Although you are being a bit provocative and I can smell a warning coming your way
iamkaokao
Profile Joined March 2011
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 22:40:37
January 21 2016 22:40 GMT
#192
If anything having koreans in other regions helped at least to increase the lvl of practice they had
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
January 21 2016 22:45 GMT
#193
On January 22 2016 07:03 ddayzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:58 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?


The system is believed to be an incentitive for foreigners to go pro. Then few events should be there to mesure the best foreigners with koreans.
What do you not like ? I really liked the old WCS system, but it was just not fair that players profiting from it where not helping the foreign scene (barely playing on the ladder, flying to korea to prepare, ...)

It was welfare for them since they profit from high training environment and come to foreignland to take the money.
Now at least something is done and tried. Don't know if it is going to work, but it is done.



This is bizzaro-logic, what you are saying makes no sense. The best players winning tournaments is welfare because they are training with the best players whaaaaaa..?

The definition of welfare is receiving financial aid from the government or from a private organization because of hardship and need.

How on Gods green earth can you make that definition fit with what you jsut said?


I used this word by analogy with the welfare-foreigner-wcs term that is used.
Don't be so picky. You know I mean that it was unfair since the chances given are not equal given the korean environment being way better for players to practice. When there is no equality of chances, the system is flawed.
That is where the state usually comes into play, and try adjusting it by injecting inputs and positive-discrimination in the system.
It is what has been done with the current wcs system by blizzard.

Private organisations are still chosing their own rules it is up to them.
<;o)
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 21 2016 22:47 GMT
#194
On January 22 2016 07:01 Footler wrote:
Some comments on ESPN and here seem to miss the point of the article. Yes it stated that the region locking screws over Korean players but it isn't necessarily saying the change should be reverted but rather the Korean scene needs something to replace the overseas tournaments to foster growth. If the region lock had been announced alongside some sort of new ESV-esque tournament or various other sources for low-mid tier Koreans to possibly transition and break into the top level then the article would have a bit of a different tone.

I still think the region locking is dumb regardless of circumstance but I can see how it could benefit the scene in the long run if it didn't completely screw over the Korean scene. Outside of a few tournaments the most memorable ones have been because of the Korean players. It all just seems so strange.


This is exactly on point. There is no compensation for the koreans and everything good in WCS 2016 is for the foreigners. Sad when it was possible to do something for both scenes.
Zest fanboy.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
January 21 2016 22:47 GMT
#195
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 21 2016 22:49 GMT
#196
On January 22 2016 07:47 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
[quote]

Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.


Help Take for HSC.
Zest fanboy.
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 22:50 GMT
#197
On January 22 2016 07:47 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
[quote]

Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.


Like I said to the other guy you're actively supporting a system that bars players from one nation competing freely because they're better than your boys. That is racist, how you choose to justify that racism is irrelevant
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
January 21 2016 22:51 GMT
#198
On January 22 2016 07:49 sAsImre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:47 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.


Help Take for HSC.


i like the HSC , however, i want an ongoing league with points and big events similar to Tennis or Auto Racing. WCS 2016 gives me that.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
January 21 2016 22:53 GMT
#199
On January 22 2016 07:50 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:47 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.


Like I said to the other guy you're actively supporting a system that bars players from one nation competing freely because they're better than your boys. That is racist, how you choose to justify that racism is irrelevant


You live in another world i guess.

The point is helping the foreign scene to growth and ultimately catch up with the korean scene, so starcraft is sustainable and peren not only in one country but worlwide. Why? More sponsors, more visibility, more sponsors, more money, more spectators.

If you want starcraft2 to be a niche game go on with this attitude. You'll have a good time jerking off on korean starcraft with only 10k viewers at 4 in the morning while all your friends will be playing/watching any other game that is sane.
<;o)
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 21 2016 22:54 GMT
#200
On January 22 2016 07:51 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 07:49 sAsImre wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:47 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:23 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:20 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 07:10 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:59 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
[quote]

I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?


Did I stutter?


lol, when u put together a better league system let me know and i'll take a look at it.
as of now i'm supporting the most entertaining option at my disposal, namely, WCS 2016.

have fun claiming i'm racist though


I don't need to claim it. Your support of the system speaks for itself


i'm an entertainment consumer with a budget of $1,000 a year... if u can do a better job you can take my cash. so far, you offer me no alternative.

SC2:LotV and WCS 2016 are my best options so i'm taking them and backing them with my cash. When you have something better.. lemme know.


Help Take for HSC.


i like the HSC , however, i want an ongoing league with points and big events similar to Tennis or Auto Racing. WCS 2016 gives me that.


Perfect, in Tennis you would watch grand slams right?

Afreeca/SpotTv are waiting your money!
Zest fanboy.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft515
Nina 170
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13750
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4849
Other Games
summit1g8998
FrodaN3280
JimRising 625
KnowMe196
ViBE114
ArmadaUGS98
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta8
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 32m
INu's Battles
11h 32m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 32m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
Replay Cast
22h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.