• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10700 users

SC2's shrinking talent pool: stuchiu on ESPN - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
545 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
jrdeal
Profile Joined November 2014
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 20:16:53
January 21 2016 20:11 GMT
#161
The last WCS finals before blizzcon a Blizzard representative said that Starcraft's player base never shifted to other games nor dwindled past a certain point. The crucial step to make is to have Blizzard realize investing in Starcraft II's future is worthwhile.

Even if Blizzard doesn't respond this community will no doubt remain consistent in its player base. It remained consistent through Brood War when we had to build our own ladder system and make our own maps. We may be somewhat suicidal and took a meme too seriously, but this is the tightest knit group of player's you can find. Our night will be darkest before our dawn and I will remain hopeful and prideful. We are Starcraft players, Brood War or Legacy, and that will never die.

Edit: For inspiration look at the Melee communities history. They have received zero support from Nintendo and they still persevere. What we do with this community is our choice, and our only option to succeed is look up and keep moving.
spOOky
madness1
Profile Joined October 2015
21 Posts
January 21 2016 20:15 GMT
#162
On January 22 2016 05:11 jrdeal wrote:
...We are Starcraft players, Brood War or Legacy, and that will never die.


I would try wc4)
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
January 21 2016 20:24 GMT
#163
On January 22 2016 05:09 madness1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers...




That's why...



People here did not wait for that to happen :/

<;o)
ionONE
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany605 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 20:28:56
January 21 2016 20:27 GMT
#164
On January 22 2016 03:04 jtp118 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 06:39 LastManProductions wrote:
If people keep saying SC2 will die, it will die.



The game died in late 2011 / early 2012; very few new pros since then, player base declining, expansions didn't bring players back, etc. Blizz failed with Bnet, failed with social integration, failed with balance (especially in mid-HotS). SC2 still exists but will continue to decline. At this point Halo qualifiers have more viewers than SC2 qualifiers (with 343 throwing less way money at Halo than Blizz is throwing at SC2).



This was exactly my observation! Throughout 2011 i was hoping blizzard would start to deliver, but even for example integrating a button to "watch esports" was not possible. Blizzcon that same year was the nail in the coffin, underwhelming new units (showcased on steps of war), no ui improvements ... no direction, well just nothing to look forward. Early 2012 numbers were already in decline ...
JANGBI never forget
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 20:27 GMT
#165
On January 22 2016 05:09 madness1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C96QZKTgOnw

That's why...




Blizz Head: Wow that was pretty horrid to have on our biggest stage. How do we fix this

Janitor: Give 7 more foreign players a shot at the expense of 7 of the best players?

Brizz head: BRILLIANT! GIVE THAT MAN A PROMOTION!
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
January 21 2016 20:28 GMT
#166
On January 22 2016 05:09 madness1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C96QZKTgOnw

That's why...



Then shit on Lilbow but don't be a Nazi.
ddayzy
Profile Joined September 2014
259 Posts
January 21 2016 21:01 GMT
#167
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 21:15:33
January 21 2016 21:13 GMT
#168
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

I am the most hyped for foreigners competing against koreans and upseting them, then only for korean leagues. I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.
Before the free circulation of players, home leagues were not the same as they are now.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.
<;o)
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 21:14 GMT
#169
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
January 21 2016 21:17 GMT
#170
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.
<;o)
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 21:18 GMT
#171
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 21:24:53
January 21 2016 21:20 GMT
#172
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf
<;o)
KrOeastbound
Profile Joined August 2015
England59 Posts
January 21 2016 21:33 GMT
#173
What I am disappointed about the most is that no developer in Korea has come up with an RTS game yet. The home of high level e-sports started via BW and yet all I have seen come out of that country game wise is some fecking MMORPGs.
ddayzy
Profile Joined September 2014
259 Posts
January 21 2016 21:34 GMT
#174
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ?


Because they are not as good, which you yourself is agreeing to in your post. I have no idea how you can find the concept of the best players in a sports being the most deserving controversial. When the only reason you are winning something is because better players are not allowed to compete you did not deserve to win, you were given it.

When the promotor of a sport decides to bar the best players from a large number of tournaments and from a large part of a shared prize money pool it's bad. The quality of games in those tournaments drop, the competition is easier and thus those who are allowed to compete are not challenged as much which diminish their growth as a player, it takes away prestige from the winner and the tournament. Not to mention the negative impact it has on the korean scene where players slightly below the top are losing money because they are not allowed to play in tournaments they could win.

Next Blizzcon we will have more foreigners at the event who could not be arsed to practice because they still don't stand a chance versus the koreans, even less now that they have close to no chances to test their metal versus them in other torunaments. Prefering insted to practice for the free hand out tournaments Blizzard have deviced exclusivly for them.

I have a hard time understand what you are trying to say in the remaining parts of your text.
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 21 2016 21:40 GMT
#175
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
January 21 2016 21:46 GMT
#176
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.
TL+ Member
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
January 21 2016 21:52 GMT
#177
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
[quote]

Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
January 21 2016 21:58 GMT
#178
On January 22 2016 06:52 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:46 Ctone23 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
[quote]

Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.

So we shouldn't cheer for our favorite player if they happen to be foreigner because they are essentially being "gifted"? I see this "racism" rhetoric popping up a lot recently and quite frankly if you feel that strongly about it, Blizzard is the company to talk to. Blizzard is the one who changed the system, just because I want to see Bunny or Uthermal do really well this year doesn't make me a racist at all and I'm getting sick of that term being thrown around so lightly.


There's a difference between cheering for a player a supporting an unfair system that helps said player.

I love Bunny and Snute for example, and I'm kinda happy they're gonna do better this year with the new system, but I still can think the system is wrong in some fundamentals and unfair. Do you see the difference?


The system is believed to be an incentitive for foreigners to go pro. Then few events should be there to mesure the best foreigners with koreans.
What do you not like ? I really liked the old WCS system, but it was just not fair that players profiting from it where not helping the foreign scene (barely playing on the ladder, flying to korea to prepare, ...)

It was welfare for them since they profit from high training environment and come to foreignland to take the money.
Now at least something is done and tried. Don't know if it is going to work, but it is done.

<;o)
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17894 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-21 22:00:50
January 21 2016 21:59 GMT
#179
On January 22 2016 06:40 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 06:20 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:18 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:17 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:14 showstealer1829 wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:13 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 06:01 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 05:05 Ppjack wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:57 ddayzy wrote:
On January 22 2016 04:50 Ppjack wrote:
Constantly shiting on foreign progamers and downgrading any of their achievement will for sure shrink the sc2 pool of competitive players. They know they are not flash but they are shown less respect than korean c-teamers.

Not balancing the game properly and making nothing attractive for casual player is another good reason for the community being not that big anymore (try being 10+ season in master league with no professional ambition in this game, and tell me why you should even log into the game more than few times a week)


Because you enjoy playing it? It is the reason I do it.

Comparativly speaking the foreign pros are not very good. The Koreans are simply better, should we pretend this is not the case to stroke some peoples egos? When I watch Starcraft I want to watch the best but the best are now barred from competing outside of Korea which is why I only watch Korean torunaments.



Reasons i could play when i am bored of 1v1 is to play with friends, even if the arcade can be fun it is not at the level it could be in warcraft3, or the team games are not as fun as they were in aok.
They could have tried anything incentitive for players to log in, as daily quests for skins, voice pack, whatever i don't know haha

As for the korean scene being the only one worth watching, it is like in any sport. There is no way that a sport is growing and healthy if you don't take care of the less performing scenes and the amateur scene, where the future stars come from.

And in a general way, having this constant downgrading and posh behaviour will no help professional players outside of Korea to want to keep playing.
Recognition is more than half the reason why you invest your time in any competitive sport. Money maybe, but being as good as you can be and getting recognition for it is the essence of competitive play.
And they are shown near noone by a lot of people in these forums.


I don't really need that. I have so many other repsonsibilities I don't have much time to play this days which i probably part of why I never got bored of 1v1. If you have a lot of free time you want to spend on it I guess you might need more then just 1v1.

Really? I'm norwegian, I would never dream of watching norwegian football but that's not really having any negative impact on english football which I love to watch. I doubt the Korean scene would crumble if it got more money and more torunaments.

The amature scene in korea is impossible to support because Blizzard prefer to hand it out to foreign players. I'm not saying money would solve everything but at least it would make it viable. I would prefer that to handing it out to a worse scene whos main representative could not be assed to train for the years biggest tournament.

The new system is more or less a handout by Blizzard to less deserving players. You should get prizes because you are good not because the best players were not allowed to compete. It would be like having a separat Champions League in which only scandinavian and latvian teams could play. I can't imagin it feels good as a competative player knowing you are only winning because people better then you were not allowed to participate.


How can you even write they are less deserving ? Are you part of the "foreigners lazy" complainers? In terms of results they are less deserving, that is why they did not get the trophies. But they are full time professionals. The only reason they are not on the same level as koreans is mainly about practice environment, regular leagues and support they get with good salaries, opportunities and coaching.

Even if I am the most hyped for foreigners competing and upseting koreans, I can see what Blizzard is trying to achieve by region locking the whole thing.

In let's say football, the scandinavian scene is followed as any other league in terms of scouting, then when a player is found to be good he is transfered in a team that can pay him, train him, and profit from his talent.
They just join leagues where the money is. Have you heard of teams like Chelsea of PSG almost created from scratch?
Money is there, because transfers are allowed.

This system is not in place with starcraft. If korean was the mainland of starcraft esport with teams that would transfer the very best players from all around the world to make them compete, I would not mind that.
The reality is that korean esport is totally autarcic.
If you don't give opportunities to foreign professional to make a living out of it and prove themselves in any environment, they will simply quit.


Would you like some starch for your white hood?


Man I would be as pissed if the only country producing this level of infrastructure for players was Australia. Don't try to make me say something I did not say.


I don't have to, you did it yourself


If in your world cheering for your own country or your home team is racist, you must not really enjoy any kind of sport except few matches a year.

edit: I just want the foreign players to be able to catch up. And anyway, cheering for someone is the opposite of rational. Just don't judge me on it and don't insult me at the same time... wtf


No supporting your country isn't racist. Supporting a system that excludes a whole country because your country can only beat them 1 time out of 20 is.


whoa... whoa...whoa?
i'm racist because i support the WCS 2016? really?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Footler
Profile Joined January 2010
United States560 Posts
January 21 2016 22:01 GMT
#180
Some comments on ESPN and here seem to miss the point of the article. Yes it stated that the region locking screws over Korean players but it isn't necessarily saying the change should be reverted but rather the Korean scene needs something to replace the overseas tournaments to foster growth. If the region lock had been announced alongside some sort of new ESV-esque tournament or various other sources for low-mid tier Koreans to possibly transition and break into the top level then the article would have a bit of a different tone.

I still think the region locking is dumb regardless of circumstance but I can see how it could benefit the scene in the long run if it didn't completely screw over the Korean scene. Outside of a few tournaments the most memorable ones have been because of the Korean players. It all just seems so strange.
I am The-Sink! Parting bandwagoner before it became a soul train.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 650
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings187
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22581
Shuttle 11156
FanTaSy 1869
Hyuk 934
Horang2 572
BeSt 498
Mini 298
Stork 265
Pusan 239
EffOrt 147
[ Show more ]
Killer 135
Last 133
Zeus 123
Mind 93
ggaemo 67
Hyun 63
sorry 52
PianO 47
Snow 43
ToSsGirL 33
Sea.KH 33
Bale 32
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 24
Aegong 21
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe315
Dendi40
Counter-Strike
fl0m2103
byalli1110
x6flipin265
Other Games
gofns32333
singsing2870
B2W.Neo748
ArmadaUGS74
Mew2King65
Livibee20
Hui .0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
Replay Cast
11h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 26m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.