• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9212 users

Blizzard Reportedly Radically Overhauling WCS - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
827 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 42 Next All
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
December 12 2015 19:30 GMT
#461
On December 13 2015 03:49 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 03:45 Nebuchad wrote:
On December 13 2015 03:20 Diabolique wrote:
Damned ... at the end, this seems to be really true :-(


I mean... Seriously. No, it doesn't. Jesus.

It's unbelievably obvious that we don't have all informations. Several people hinted that they had something to say but couldn't because of NDA. What do you think it was that they had to say? "Yeah, the info is exactly right"? TB has always advocated for having more koreans involved in the foreigner scene. Do you think he views this news and thinks "oh this is an awesome decision, let me make a podcast defending it"?

What made me think that it can be really true was the newest HuK's post:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so1673


Um... post deleted? Can you tell us what was there?
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
December 12 2015 19:31 GMT
#462
Lol. Everyone is so bitter. Koreans aren't a requirement for great starcraft and fun games. How about showing relentless support for foreign players so sponsors will invest in them harder and players have the finances to live and breathe starcraft the Koreans do? Even if you dislike the decision by blizzard, boycotting dreamhack and iem etc. just means they will stop sponsoring the tournament and then you have nothing. I'm sure that'd be just a major victory for you social justice warriors out there.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 12 2015 19:36 GMT
#463
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players

Why would I relentlessly support players I'm not actually interested in seeing play? For the sake of it? And you call out "social justice warriors"?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
UrsusRex
Profile Joined July 2012
United States85 Posts
December 12 2015 19:41 GMT
#464
Why would I relentlessly support players I'm not actually interested in seeing play? For the sake of it? And you call out "social justice warriors"?


Why should Blizzard give more opportunities to players who don't bring in the most viewers and money?
"It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail" - Genghis Khan
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
December 12 2015 19:46 GMT
#465
On December 13 2015 04:41 UrsusRex wrote:
Show nested quote +
Why would I relentlessly support players I'm not actually interested in seeing play? For the sake of it? And you call out "social justice warriors"?


Why should Blizzard give more opportunities to players who don't bring in the most viewers and money?



Last I checked. Koreans bring the most viewers. Currently 20,000 people watching nationwars, a tournament I see pulling only 5,000 when its lucky. Blizzcon was 15 Koreans and 1 foreigner. It pulled over 100,000. Probably the most watched tournament of 2015. I dont watch foreigner games. Im not even that interested in watching them play koreans. Not a single foreigner deserves the salary they earn as far as I am concerned.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
December 12 2015 19:47 GMT
#466
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
Lol. Everyone is so bitter. Koreans aren't a requirement for great starcraft and fun games. How about showing relentless support for foreign players so sponsors will invest in them harder and players have the finances to live and breathe starcraft the Koreans do? Even if you dislike the decision by blizzard, boycotting dreamhack and iem etc. just means they will stop sponsoring the tournament and then you have nothing. I'm sure that'd be just a major victory for you social justice warriors out there.

Foreigners won't ever catch up no matter what method you try :o, and yes sorry foreigners vs foreigners matches are way worse than foreigners vs koreans (fun game) or koreans vs koreans (great starcraft).
WriterMaru
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
December 12 2015 19:48 GMT
#467
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players so sponsors will invest in them harder and players have the finances to live and breathe starcraft the Koreans do? Even if you dislike the decision by blizzard, boycotting dreamhack and iem etc. just means they will stop sponsoring the tournament and then you have nothing. I'm sure that'd be just a major victory for you social justice warriors out there.


How about you support the players you want to support and I support the players I want to support? If this turns out to be true, you can have your nice little foreigner safehouse and the rest of us will actually watch the real entertainment, fair enough?
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
December 12 2015 19:49 GMT
#468
On December 13 2015 04:36 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players

Why would I relentlessly support players I'm not actually interested in seeing play? For the sake of it? And you call out "social justice warriors"?

What do you gain from boycotting dreamhack, except no more dreamhack SC2. Same for IEM. If that's not important to you then we have no argument. If it is, the only way you can keep them if the OP is true then is by taking an interest in foreign players.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
December 12 2015 19:49 GMT
#469
There are so many more deserving korean b teamers who dont get anywhere near the chances foreigners do who probably work so much harder and are so much better at the game.
HsDLTitich
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Italy831 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 19:50:48
December 12 2015 19:49 GMT
#470
lol at people bringing up viewership... guess what, now that Korea is playing in Nation Wars they have 10k+ more viewers compared to the other days.
I used to organize tournaments for ESL Italy and referee Go4SC2s, WCSs, and IEMs for ESL SC2.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
December 12 2015 19:50 GMT
#471
On December 13 2015 04:48 showstealer1829 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players so sponsors will invest in them harder and players have the finances to live and breathe starcraft the Koreans do? Even if you dislike the decision by blizzard, boycotting dreamhack and iem etc. just means they will stop sponsoring the tournament and then you have nothing. I'm sure that'd be just a major victory for you social justice warriors out there.


How about you support the players you want to support and I support the players I want to support? If this turns out to be true, you can have your nice little foreigner safehouse and the rest of us will actually watch the real entertainment, fair enough?

I relentlessly supported brood war for years watching less skilled Koreans, and now the game is huge and those unskilled Koreans are among the top mixed in with the returning stars. My willingness to stick behind the game above all else won.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
December 12 2015 19:54 GMT
#472
On December 13 2015 04:49 HsDLTitich wrote:
lol at people bringing up viewership... guess what, now that Korea is playing in Nation Wars they have 10k+ more viewers compared to the other days.

Ogaming Inter had 10,5k before Germany vs Finland started. TakeTV lost 500 after that match.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 12 2015 19:55 GMT
#473
On December 13 2015 04:49 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 04:36 Elentos wrote:
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players

Why would I relentlessly support players I'm not actually interested in seeing play? For the sake of it? And you call out "social justice warriors"?

What do you gain from boycotting dreamhack, except no more dreamhack SC2. Same for IEM. If that's not important to you then we have no argument. If it is, the only way you can keep them if the OP is true then is by taking an interest in foreign players.

I'd gain 2 to 3 days of time I could spend on better things. I want them to have SC2, but it's much more exciting when those events are open and the player level increases. I won't boycott them, but I sure as hell won't start supporting players I don't care about for the sake of it. Which isn't to say I don't care about any foreign players - but it'll reduce the amount of time I spend watching every tournament.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Fliparoni
Profile Joined February 2012
205 Posts
December 12 2015 19:56 GMT
#474
What about all the foreigners from china, Southeast Asia, South America, Australia and New Zealand? This fucks them over as well. Foreigners don't just mean NA and EU. It's literally all NON Koreans which is everyone else in the world.
BlackCompany
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany8388 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 20:09:02
December 12 2015 19:58 GMT
#475
I liked last last seasons WCS system. Not allowing koreans to compete in so many tournaments is just aweful. Puts foreigner SC2 in an even worse position because a win at DH/IEM is not an amazing result making the player one of the best in the world but a "good job, you are officially the best of the B-team while the real games are played in korea". Also ruins any korea vs foreigners story line ( minus Blizzcon). Ugh.
Really unhappy with these changes. Guess i am mostly going to watch korean leagues and some stuff like HSC unless i see some foreigners i like.
This will probably turn out to be either a good change because it gives foreigners good chances at winning a tournament or kill the viewership for good.

Edit: Obviously winning a foreigner only tournament is still impressive but not as impressive as doing it vs the best players
UrsusRex
Profile Joined July 2012
United States85 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 20:08:57
December 12 2015 20:07 GMT
#476
Koreans bring the most viewers.


Do they though and also do they bring in the most money? I know they don't on teamliquid but maybe they do on other websites I tried to find the numbers online but I couldn't. And if that is true does that mean anything? It could be that this is true because foreigners have stopped watching. SC2 is the least successful Esports scene losing to counter strike, LoL, Dota and if pretty soon even Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm will overtake Starcraft and Blizzard will have no reason not to abandon it. Korea can not sustain an entire Esport by itself the way a country as big as the U.S. can sustain football and baseball its just not feasible. Expanding foreign viewership is the only way the scene does not die


Currently 20,000 people watching nationwars, a tournament I see pulling only 5,000 when its lucky. Blizzcon was 15 Koreans and 1 foreigner. It pulled over 100,000.


Yeah but Blizzcon pulled in more viewers for its WoW and Diablo than it did for SC2 and as soon as the foreigner player got eliminated they lost 40,000 viewers, I remember it being discussed on teamliquid. There is a huge segment that has no interest in watching Korean players and they don't comment on here like you they just take their money and interest somewhere else. You offer no solution for remedying this your attitude will result in the further decline of SC2.

Probably the most watched tournament of 2015.


HAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy someones has never seen the viewership numbers for LoL, Counterstrike or Dota all of them have higher viewership numbers. There is a tournament right now that is not even the most prestigious for Dota that has over 120,000 viewers and its not even the finals its the loser bracket being streamed. SC2 can not compete with any of the other Esports scenes we have the least watched tournaments that is a fact.

I dont watch foreigner games. Im not even that interested in watching them play koreans. Not a single foreigner deserves the salary they earn as far as I am concerned.


It really depends on how much money they bring in not skill or who the outspoken minorities commenting on team Liquid prefer. If foreigners bring in more money and viewers they deserve more promotion and opportunities. You offer no compelling argument to the contrary.
"It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail" - Genghis Khan
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
December 12 2015 20:08 GMT
#477
On December 13 2015 04:50 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2015 04:48 showstealer1829 wrote:
On December 13 2015 04:31 BisuDagger wrote:
How about showing relentless support for foreign players so sponsors will invest in them harder and players have the finances to live and breathe starcraft the Koreans do? Even if you dislike the decision by blizzard, boycotting dreamhack and iem etc. just means they will stop sponsoring the tournament and then you have nothing. I'm sure that'd be just a major victory for you social justice warriors out there.


How about you support the players you want to support and I support the players I want to support? If this turns out to be true, you can have your nice little foreigner safehouse and the rest of us will actually watch the real entertainment, fair enough?

I relentlessly supported brood war for years watching less skilled Koreans, and now the game is huge and those unskilled Koreans are among the top mixed in with the returning stars. My willingness to stick behind the game above all else won.



I know no gives a damn about me but I just like to say that the game is horrible play wise with the new economy and mass gimmicks that was introduced to the game.

Unfortunately I cannot support it anymore, thus moved to BW, at least the game makes sense not rushed into herp derp.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
December 12 2015 20:09 GMT
#478
Anyway, this is the thing Lycan promised us with the shitting of our pants
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
December 12 2015 20:11 GMT
#479
On December 13 2015 04:20 UrsusRex wrote:
Show nested quote +
only the NA and EU foreigners matter or something? hmmm


From a financial and viewership perspective foriegners make up the majority especially Americans who have no representation. From a business perspective this is a sound decision having a small scene primarily in Korea is not good business for a company as large as Blizzard. The real question is why hasn't Blizzard done this sooner.

All the fanboys on here will squeal with outrage but they are an outspoken minority who do not make up most of the donors or fans in SCII esports their perspective is a poor basis for making decisions going forward. I have tried several times to get friends to watch SC2 only to have them show no interest because all of the players were Korean. Those people don't come on Liquipedia and whine they just ignore SC2 and find Esports scenes like LoL and Dota which do have many foreigners and diversity where they can actually root for the home team and have a chance of seeing them win. No non Korean can ever have that same experience in SC2.

If this decision fails or backfires expect Blizzard to abandon Starcraft as an Esport because that is what makes sense financially.


Agreed 100%.
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
December 12 2015 20:12 GMT
#480
On December 13 2015 05:07 UrsusRex wrote:
"Koreans bring the most viewers."

Do they though and also do they bring in the most money? I know they don't on teamliquid but maybe they do on other websites I tried to find the numbers online but I couldn't. And if that is true does that mean anything? It could be that this is true because foreigners have stopped watching. SC2 is the least successful Esports scene losing to counter strike, LoL, Dota and if pretty soon even Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm will overtake Starcraft and Blizzard will have no reason not to abandon it. Korea can not sustain an entire Esport by itself the way a country as big as the U.S. can sustain football and baseball its just not feasible. Expanding foreign viewership is the only way the scene does not die


"Currently 20,000 people watching nationwars, a tournament I see pulling only 5,000 when its lucky. Blizzcon was 15 Koreans and 1 foreigner. It pulled over 100,000."

Yeah but Blizzcon pulled in more viewers for its WoW and Diablo than it did for SC2 and as soon as the foreigner player got eliminated they lost 40,000 viewers, I remember it being discussed on teamliquid. There is a huge segment that has no interest in watching Korean players and they don't comment on here like you they just take their money and interest somewhere else. You offer no solution for remedying this your attitude will result in the further decline of SC2.

"Probably the most watched tournament of 2015."

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy someones has never seen the viewership numbers for LoL, Counterstrike or Dota all of them have higher viewership numbers. There is a tournament right now that is not even the most prestigious for Dota that has over 120,000 viewers and its not even the finals its the loser bracket being streamed. SC2 can not compete with any of the other Esports scenes we have the least watched tournaments that is a fact.

"I dont watch foreigner games. Im not even that interested in watching them play koreans. Not a single foreigner deserves the salary they earn as far as I am concerned."

It really depends on how much money they bring in not skill or who the outspoken minorities commenting on team Liquid prefer. If foreigners bring in more money and viewers they deserve more promotion and opportunities. You offer no compelling argument to the contrary.



Are you dumb? Was I or anyone else talking about anything other than sc2? Blizzcon was probably the most watched sc2 tournament of 2015. Did I really need to specify or are you just pretending to be dense? I'd rather there be no starcraft 2 at DH or IEM or anywhere outside of Korea if its gonna be a bunch of ladder heroes duking it out to see who is less terrible. I know I wont bother watching when there is so much better high-level csgo going on. A game where europeans dominate and pull in the viewers because they are actually good, not because they are "CREATIVE" lol...
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O88
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason96
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16413
Mini 369
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 129
ggaemo 110
firebathero 102
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift2045
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2794
fl0m1039
Beastyqt867
mouzStarbuck300
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie709
• Shiphtur263
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 48m
INu's Battles
15h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.