• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8102 users

Nova Covert Ops available for Pre-purchase now - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
March 31 2016 14:05 GMT
#121
I like the upgrade mechanics for the units and Nova. First 3 Mission felt a bit like here are awesome things you can do with our map editor!
Not sure about replayability, but I will replay the maps each time they release the next bundle.

Have to say though I never expected I would mine stuff in those missions xD.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
March 31 2016 14:07 GMT
#122
It was ok. Probably not worth the money.
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 16:05:12
March 31 2016 15:22 GMT
#123
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The bolded part is the answer to your question.

I was worried anyways that even Blizzard releases DLCs now. Didn´t bought it because my old machine can´t even handle LotV (which I didn´t bought either) properly. Im heavily against episodic formats and don´t know why people even pay for something that they won´t even get completely.
Also a lot of people wanted a female ghost skin. Now Blizz uses it against the community to make money with it. Really disappointing.
Extreme Force
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 16:04:23
March 31 2016 15:23 GMT
#124
EDIT: Double Post sorry.
Extreme Force
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 31 2016 15:46 GMT
#125
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The engine doesnt MAKE maps, you have to actually sit down to make them...

On April 01 2016 00:23 Tresher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The bolded part is the answer to your question.

I was worried anyways that even Blizzard releases DLCs now. Didn´t bought it because my old machine can´t even handle LotV (which I didn´t bought either) or Heart of the swarm properly. Im heavily against episodic formats and don´t know why people even pay for something that they get completely.
Also a lot of people wanted a female ghost skin. Now Blizz uses it against the community to make money with it. Really disappointing.


I think the epiosodic format is good for this type of stuff, I get a little bit to chew on every few months, and they can use fan feedback when making the other installments.

The alternative is that I pay 15 dollars and have to wait an entire year for that content.

And a lot of people WANTED skins as a way to support SC2 because they would have incentive to add content and features onto the game. The alternative is that "Oh hey, SC2 is done, alright lets work on the next game. Cya guys in 5 years" while SC2 gets little to no updates.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
March 31 2016 16:09 GMT
#126
I suck too bad at Brutal, I'm only barely beating those missions...
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
March 31 2016 16:33 GMT
#127
On April 01 2016 00:46 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The engine doesnt MAKE maps, you have to actually sit down to make them...

Show nested quote +
On April 01 2016 00:23 Tresher wrote:
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The bolded part is the answer to your question.

I was worried anyways that even Blizzard releases DLCs now. Didn´t bought it because my old machine can´t even handle LotV (which I didn´t bought either) or Heart of the swarm properly. Im heavily against episodic formats and don´t know why people even pay for something that they get completely.
Also a lot of people wanted a female ghost skin. Now Blizz uses it against the community to make money with it. Really disappointing.


I think the epiosodic format is good for this type of stuff, I get a little bit to chew on every few months, and they can use fan feedback when making the other installments.

The alternative is that I pay 15 dollars and have to wait an entire year for that content.

And a lot of people WANTED skins as a way to support SC2 because they would have incentive to add content and features onto the game. The alternative is that "Oh hey, SC2 is done, alright lets work on the next game. Cya guys in 5 years" while SC2 gets little to no updates.

Please don´t misunderstand me. Im all with supporting the devs and updating to the very best. But there are some problems they should focus on first. On thing that would come to mind is the subpar optimisation. SC II runs terrible even on High-End PCs.
Skins are totally ok Protoss got theirs with the Colossus skin for free because well it´s their expansion.
It just bugs me a little bit that they charge money for the skin the people asked the most for. Im sorry but it just smells like money making a bit for me. And the Episodic format IS bad. Paying for something you don´t get immediately or fully is (in most cases) a bad idea.
Extreme Force
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 31 2016 16:44 GMT
#128
I mean, it does make sense to release the Ghost skin as part of the Ghost themed DLC? That sounds perfectly reasonable.

I don't think the episodic is objectively bad. They're not sitting on their asses and withholding the other map packs. they're not done yet. And the alternative is to wait a year or so for all the map packs? It's fine if that's what you want to do, but I think there's a good chunk of people would rather have a gradual release, so they have something short term to look forward to and keep them interested in SC2.

"OK, I'm done with the campaign, cya guys in a year" doesnt seem as interesting as getting people to come back to check out SC2 every few months.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Ganseng
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation473 Posts
March 31 2016 17:43 GMT
#129
I didn't get just one thing after this pack

Why didn't Valerian phone Zagara and asked her to look after those Zergies? =)

Other than that nice stuff, liked it

The mastery achievement in the 1st mission (for not being hit at all by the oversized plane (warhawk?)) was kinda annoying, I had to try, save&load a ton of times

And one more thing: Stone (the Ghost from Nova's team) is a villain. Guaranteed :D
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 17:46:38
March 31 2016 17:46 GMT
#130
On March 31 2016 23:07 Tuczniak wrote:
It was ok. Probably not worth the money.


Not worth 5 bucks (if bought as a bundle)?`

I mean, how much value can you expect for that money? You can spend 20 on a freaking mount in WoW or Heroes. If I consider the Blizzard prizes in those games, I think we get incredible value here. They could've probably sold the nova skin alone for 5 or 10 bucks.

The whole production, CGI, voice acting etc., they put in so much more love for the sc2 content compared to some pixels for a Heroes/WoW mount.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 18:23:09
March 31 2016 18:02 GMT
#131
I loved it, brought back many precious SC1 memories. However my opinion might be biased, since I'm the ultimate sucker for lore.

edit:
If I consider the Blizzard prizes in those games, I think we get incredible value here.

I agree 100%
You have to pay 10 bucks in HS to get another picture for your hero, which is crazy! ^^
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 31 2016 18:30 GMT
#132
On April 01 2016 02:43 Ganseng wrote:
I didn't get just one thing after this pack

Why didn't Valerian phone Zagara and asked her to look after those Zergies? =)

Other than that nice stuff, liked it

The mastery achievement in the 1st mission (for not being hit at all by the oversized plane (warhawk?)) was kinda annoying, I had to try, save&load a ton of times

And one more thing: Stone (the Ghost from Nova's team) is a villain. Guaranteed :D


The end of LotV stated that the Zerg returned to the Char area and forcibly took over the planets there.

I doubt they harbor any relations to the Terran Dominion since Kerrigan is gone and all her teachings to Zagara were to conquer to enable the swarm to continue on.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 19:30:12
March 31 2016 19:29 GMT
#133
I loved the way they did mission briefings in this. Way more military style than the usual static image + head telling you what to do.

Also, Reigel is a bit of a dick, isn't he?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
April 01 2016 00:27 GMT
#134
On April 01 2016 01:33 Tresher wrote:
It just bugs me a little bit that they charge money for the skin the people asked the most for. Im sorry but it just smells like money making a bit for me.

How else would you expect Blizzard to continue developing single-player content? Did you want them to just take it on the chin?

On April 01 2016 01:33 Tresher wrote:
And the Episodic format IS bad. Paying for something you don´t get immediately or fully is (in most cases) a bad idea.

This would be your opinion. When Blizzard promises content, they always deliver, it's not like they just walk away with your money.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Aron Times
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States312 Posts
April 01 2016 04:24 GMT
#135
About the episodic content, a lot of players don't play Starcraft 2 full time. Heck, most gamers don't play games full time; they cycle between games and come back to their first game years later. When I tell people that I've been playing DotA for 13+ years and Starcraft for 18 years, I don't mean that I've continuously played since the first versions were released; most of us actually take breaks and come back to the game later.

This style of content is wonderful for the vast majority of Starcraft players. They pay 15 USD now and get to play 3 missions at a time. They play for several hours, several days, maybe even weeks, only to stop playing after they've had their fill. Months later, they come back for more, and the cycle continues.
"The drums! The drums! The drums! The neverending drumbeat! Open me, you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!"
MattyClutch
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States711 Posts
April 01 2016 05:20 GMT
#136
On April 01 2016 00:22 Tresher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2016 16:09 RaiZ wrote:
Can someone explain me the point of this game ? Apart from new cinematics, everything was dull. I mean, how hard is it make new missions when you already have the engine to make it for you ? Waste a big waste of time and money seriously.

The bolded part is the answer to your question.

I was worried anyways that even Blizzard releases DLCs now. Didn´t bought it because my old machine can´t even handle LotV (which I didn´t bought either) properly. Im heavily against episodic formats and don´t know why people even pay for something that they won´t even get completely.
Also a lot of people wanted a female ghost skin. Now Blizz uses it against the community to make money with it. Really disappointing.


I am guessing English is not your first language, so please forgive me if I misinterpret things. That said, I would imagine almost anything can run can run LotV. I ran it on a 2007 MacBook Pro when I was moving and had no desktop PC setup. That is almost a 10 year old computer. If you are running a difference engine that is awesome and I would love to see it. Otherwise why in the heck would you think some old bucket of bolts would run LotV?

That said, it is just a skin. If you feel it is worth it, buy it, if not vote with your wallet. Either way I don't think Blizzard is |[using] it against the community to make money]. They bought back almost all of their stock and they have a virtual money printing machine in WoW for at least another 2-3 years.
Nihn'kas Neehn
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
April 01 2016 11:58 GMT
#137
I don´t blame them for LotV not running on my old machine, I blame them for SC II being poorly optimised. Its their job to do this. Totalbiscuit said that it will run on almost anything but it runs very poorly when he reviewed HotS and even in the Computer Build Thread here on TL people get told that it won´t run flawlessly even with the best CPU avaiable. I even heard that some streamers complained that it is a pain to stream.
Just a reminder: when SC II was first released the GPU of a lot of people went up in smoke and when LotV/patch 3.0 was realeased a ton of people had performance problems even with High-End Machines.

Also its not the skin that bugs me its the episodic format. Why not release it complete? And when they want to develop single-player further release another pack. Not that they need this because they already make a ton of money from their other games.

And why do people always come up with the "Do it better then" argument? Thats such a cop out argument.
Extreme Force
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
April 01 2016 15:34 GMT
#138
On April 01 2016 20:58 Tresher wrote:
Also its not the skin that bugs me its the episodic format. Why not release it complete? And when they want to develop single-player further release another pack. Not that they need this because they already make a ton of money from their other games.

We've already explained this multiple times. So they gradually release content so you're showing interest in the game every 4 months as opposed to every year and never touching it again. If you really enjoy single player content, you're going to have anything for an entire year? That's not good either. That's basically weaning your playerbase off your game.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17879 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-12 14:10:01
April 12 2016 13:35 GMT
#139
IGN rates stuff a little on the high side. Generally. its a positive and optimistic web site.
Well Nova Covert Ops got a 6.2/10

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/05/starcraft-2-nova-covert-ops-mission-pack-1-review

Does any one know....
Has Blizzard ever received a rating this low from IGN in any of their games?

On April 02 2016 00:34 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2016 20:58 Tresher wrote:
Also its not the skin that bugs me its the episodic format. Why not release it complete? And when they want to develop single-player further release another pack. Not that they need this because they already make a ton of money from their other games.

We've already explained this multiple times. So they gradually release content so you're showing interest in the game every 4 months as opposed to every year and never touching it again. If you really enjoy single player content, you're going to have anything for an entire year? That's not good either. That's basically weaning your playerbase off your game.


consumers are not 100% logical. they can claim they are logical and make 1000 posts on here and write a book about how logically they think about their buying decisions. and they are not logical.

the ATVI marketing overlords have figured out that they can put 5% of the hours they put into a full box product.
they can charge $15 for it and the consumer will be happy. Relic has been doing this for years now with CoH2.

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
tokinho
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States792 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-12 14:12:15
April 12 2016 14:11 GMT
#140
On April 12 2016 22:35 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
IGN rates stuff a little on the high side. Generally. its a positive and optimistic web site.
Well Nova Covert Ops got a 6.2/10

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/05/starcraft-2-nova-covert-ops-mission-pack-1-review

Does any one know....
Has Blizzard ever received a rating this low from IGN in any of their games?



Lol. Did you listen to the reviewer? I couldn't play it on harder difficulties so i played it on normal. There is too much going on, and i think they shouldn't have base building. I only liked the part where its super simple controlling one unit and doesn't require any attention. Why the fuck is he even playing rts? That reviewer should be fired.
Smile
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 931
SteadfastSC562
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 562
ZombieGrub97
JuggernautJason63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24509
Soulkey 272
Mini 145
White-Ra 117
ToSsGirL 23
NotJumperer 21
Trap 21
Shine 19
League of Legends
Doublelift606
Counter-Strike
fl0m1350
shoxiejesuss704
C9.Mang0169
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2508
Liquid`Hasu1968
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1010
B2W.Neo561
Pyrionflax178
shahzam85
UpATreeSC78
Chillindude63
Dewaltoss54
Trikslyr49
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1034
• Noizen277
Other Games
• imaqtpie1139
• Scarra791
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h
OSC
17h
Stellar Fest
17h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.