• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6594 users

New WCS 2015 Season 1 maps - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
374 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
January 12 2015 17:11 GMT
#301
I am disguisted by this mappool. This is close to #dreampool crap. Last seasons one was much better.
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
January 12 2015 17:11 GMT
#302
On January 13 2015 00:41 Psychobabas wrote:
Expedition Lost:

Why the fuck did they add the backdoor rocks?

Vetoed immediately lol

The backdoor with rocks was not added, it was there since the beginning. I'd be interested to know why you would immediately veto a map with a backdoor in the natural ? It looks like a knee-jerk reaction more than well thought out decision.
rly ?
RHoudini
Profile Joined October 2009
Belgium3628 Posts
January 12 2015 17:13 GMT
#303
On January 13 2015 02:11 algue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 00:41 Psychobabas wrote:
Expedition Lost:

Why the fuck did they add the backdoor rocks?

Vetoed immediately lol

The backdoor with rocks was not added, it was there since the beginning. I'd be interested to know why you would immediately veto a map with a backdoor in the natural ? It looks like a knee-jerk reaction more than well thought out decision.

Because it's a backdoor in the main...
Lee Jae Dong fighting!
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
January 12 2015 17:24 GMT
#304
On January 13 2015 02:11 algue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 00:41 Psychobabas wrote:
Expedition Lost:

Why the fuck did they add the backdoor rocks?

Vetoed immediately lol

The backdoor with rocks was not added, it was there since the beginning. I'd be interested to know why you would immediately veto a map with a backdoor in the natural ? It looks like a knee-jerk reaction more than well thought out decision.



because people just come and shout their rage on TL these days. Really don't bother the opinion of someone vetoing a map without testing it.

(nice map btw dude)

On January 13 2015 02:11 JanDe wrote:
I am disguisted by this mappool. This is close to #dreampool crap. Last seasons one was much better.


Season 3 2014 map pool had a lot of flaws, most people thinking it was too heavily terran favored. Waiting a couple of weeks to see how these maps actually turns out to be before having such a strong opininon might be a better idea.

People keep talking about how the community has to be leading the way maps are designed, but seriously, reading this thread, the first thing would be to have the community become more relevant in their opinion...
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
mCon.Hephaistas
Profile Joined May 2014
Netherlands891 Posts
January 12 2015 17:45 GMT
#305
On January 13 2015 02:24 Gwavajuice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 02:11 algue wrote:
On January 13 2015 00:41 Psychobabas wrote:
Expedition Lost:

Why the fuck did they add the backdoor rocks?

Vetoed immediately lol

The backdoor with rocks was not added, it was there since the beginning. I'd be interested to know why you would immediately veto a map with a backdoor in the natural ? It looks like a knee-jerk reaction more than well thought out decision.



because people just come and shout their rage on TL these days. Really don't bother the opinion of someone vetoing a map without testing it.

(nice map btw dude)

Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 02:11 JanDe wrote:
I am disguisted by this mappool. This is close to #dreampool crap. Last seasons one was much better.


Season 3 2014 map pool had a lot of flaws, most people thinking it was too heavily terran favored. Waiting a couple of weeks to see how these maps actually turns out to be before having such a strong opininon might be a better idea.

People keep talking about how the community has to be leading the way maps are designed, but seriously, reading this thread, the first thing would be to have the community become more relevant in their opinion...


Uh they were quite terran favored tbh
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-12 18:03:05
January 12 2015 18:00 GMT
#306
--- Nuked ---
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
January 12 2015 18:03 GMT
#307
On January 13 2015 03:00 SatedSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 02:11 algue wrote:
On January 13 2015 00:41 Psychobabas wrote:
Expedition Lost:

Why the fuck did they add the backdoor rocks?

Vetoed immediately lol

The backdoor with rocks was not added, it was there since the beginning. I'd be interested to know why you would immediately veto a map with a backdoor in the natural? It looks like a knee-jerk reaction more than well thought out decision.

Even when you perfectly execute a bad idea, it will remain a bad idea...

But why is it a bad idea then ?
rly ?
DARKING
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Mexico675 Posts
January 12 2015 18:11 GMT
#308
I know the 1v1 are the main focus here, but I just opened my client and noticed there are 6 new team maps for the multiple team ladders. I read nothing about these anywhere, Blizzard just kinda dump them without noticed. What does the team players here think of these?

(Wiki)Desert Refuge
(Wiki)Wolfe Industries Compound
(Wiki)Aftermath‎
(Wiki)Hills of Peshkov‎
(Wiki)Blackfrost Extraction‎
(Wiki)Scoria Reactor‎
LiquipediaMexican Liquipedia staff and Terran player. I tweet things @DARKING665.
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
January 12 2015 18:18 GMT
#309
on second thought i dont just hate playing against T on most of these maps, i actually just hate you,blizzard
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
January 12 2015 18:23 GMT
#310
On January 13 2015 02:24 Gwavajuice wrote:

Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 02:11 JanDe wrote:
I am disguisted by this mappool. This is close to #dreampool crap. Last seasons one was much better.


Season 3 2014 map pool had a lot of flaws, most people thinking it was too heavily terran favored. Waiting a couple of weeks to see how these maps actually turns out to be before having such a strong opininon might be a better idea.

People keep talking about how the community has to be leading the way maps are designed, but seriously, reading this thread, the first thing would be to have the community become more relevant in their opinion...


Season 3 2014 map pool may have been flawed, but it was a step in the right direction, the majority of balance issues on those maps came after balance changes, so that wasn't all that suprising.

also it really depends on who you refer to with "the community", ofcourse some randoms might fuck it up, but you can also pick a bunch of knowledgable people from the community that know what they're doing.
"Not you."
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
January 12 2015 18:24 GMT
#311
On January 13 2015 03:11 DARKING wrote:
I know the 1v1 are the main focus here, but I just opened my client and noticed there are 6 new team maps for the multiple team ladders. I read nothing about these anywhere, Blizzard just kinda dump them without noticed. What does the team players here think of these?

(Wiki)Desert Refuge
(Wiki)Wolfe Industries Compound
(Wiki)Aftermath‎
(Wiki)Hills of Peshkov‎
(Wiki)Blackfrost Extraction‎
(Wiki)Scoria Reactor‎


On January 12 2015 20:49 Meavis wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
here's an album for the new team maps

http://imgur.com/a/fPlh9

personal thoughts as mapmaker and high ranked teams player below
+ Show Spoiler +
wolfe industries compound

size 174x172

overal not to bad, but the huge size of the main/nat setup will probably make this an extreme pain to play macro.

desert refuge

size 158x188

very bright lighting, not pleasant to play on.

seems to be a step in the right direction, distance from main to nat will make early oracles/drops and later on mutalisks an absolute pest to deal with.

normal bases in the middle are a bit questionable and seem to be harder to take than the golds.

aftermath

size 194x188

every single main is cannonrushable from the low ground, if you played teams in higher ranks, you know exactly just how broken this is.

giant chasm shielding the nats from the mid make the corner bases impossible to take without risking losing the main, it's about as easy for the attacker to move around it as it is for the defender.

hills of peshkov

size 140x188

again super bright and not pleasant to play on.

while there seem to be little issues, you're right in the face of your opponent and games will probably shorter than usual.

blackfrost extraction

size 230x172

super laggy, this probably has to do with the extreme ammount of weather doodads.

2/4 mains cannonrushable from low ground again

the giant chasm will make sure only 2/4 people on your team will ever secure a natural without losing your main base

scoria reactor

size 204x196

1/4 mains cannonrushable from low ground

later expands seem to be in a somewhat awkward spot, but outside of that should actualy be one of the better maps, only problem might be its size.

"Not you."
insitelol
Profile Joined August 2012
845 Posts
January 12 2015 18:28 GMT
#312
These new maps are total BS. F** inbase naturals, small mains and Deadwing clones.
Blizzard. This is not even funny.
Less is more.
JulDraGoN
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Sweden370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-12 18:50:11
January 12 2015 18:48 GMT
#313
Expedition Lost
It is an interesting map for sure. I kind of like it in PvZ.
I thought the non-behind-rocks-third looked far away, but it doesn't feel like it during the games I've played.
PvT; proxy oracles into 3gate with void feels kind of stupidly strong.

Secret Spring
So far I have not enjoyed it at all. It doesn't even look good, tile set wise.

Vaani Research Station
Could be a good map, Terrans feels very strong on it though. Zergs are going to struggle.
That weird tint annoys me however. Almost like someone turned up my gamma or something.
Why would you add that fog thing? So annoying, might just veto it because of that fact alone.

Inferno Pools
Too big, I'm not a fan of 4 player maps. Deadwing is OK, but Deadwing is only a medium map, not a large map.



I don't understand why Blizzard tries to force certain gameplay by map design, they've done it before and I feel like they just did it again.
They add Secret Spring to force players to play aggressive, the third just feels so off. To compensate they add a huge map to force macro games.
Maps should, in my opinion, be neutral. They should offer both options for aggression and macro.
I mean nobody wants to admit they eat 9 cans of ravioli, but I did and I'm ashamed of myself. The first can doesn't count and then you get to the second, and the third. The fourth and fifth I think I burnt with the blow torch and I just kept eating.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
January 12 2015 20:39 GMT
#314
I long for the day that Blizzard let's the proven community map makers do their job.

As a Zerg, I request more vetos.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-12 20:41:22
January 12 2015 20:40 GMT
#315
Expedition Lost - played 1 PvZ, vetoed it, so stupid idiotic map. 3rd is so far away I cannot defend both location at once, so either I go 2 base all in or veto and since I do not play 2 base all ins... jeez...(also back-door rocks)

2 MAPS with inner natural? How on Earth am I supposed to scout T taking natural or doing some 5 rax variation? Glorious, really cool. I can live with 1 as a variation, so I am vetoing SS(pun intended )

Secret Springs - I played only 1 PvZ and it is begging for veto, zerg went to locusts like crazy, really hard to play this style on that map(seriously some reincarnation of Stephano)

Is on Blizzard map team someone sane? Please, please! Let this be the last horrible map pool. I mean we had season 3, then "awesome" #dreampool and now we have THIS?! I bought every SC2 as CE, now I am starting to think it is time to stop buying this stuff... I, as a huge soon-to-be-former fan of Blizzard, am considering illegal downloading of SC2 LotV... WTF happened through 2014? ><
(broken MM does not help with this decision making either)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Glorfindel!
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1815 Posts
January 12 2015 20:57 GMT
#316
Five TvPs, I faced five proxie oracles...
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/598681/1/Glorfindel/ladder/161337#current-rank
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
January 12 2015 21:05 GMT
#317
So I've been laddering for a day, I am somewhat concerned about Inferno Pools being too large (as in, becoming stale) like Alterzim was.

That being said, I do like this trend of reducing the size of the main bases. Makes base management take more attention for P and T!
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
January 12 2015 21:18 GMT
#318
On January 13 2015 05:57 Glorfindel! wrote:
Five TvPs, I faced five proxie oracles...


pretty understandable. the maps suck for taking a third as protoss and there are 5 million places to proxy (especially on Secret Spring).
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
January 12 2015 21:37 GMT
#319
I'm also gonna state that the huge "macro" map is unplayable in PvZ...

I tried it, but it's too large for proper Immortal all ins and bases are simply undefendable.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-12 22:31:37
January 12 2015 22:23 GMT
#320
On January 13 2015 05:39 KeksX wrote:
I long for the day that Blizzard let's the proven community map makers do their job.

As a Zerg, I request more vetos.


Expedition lost : made by community map maker (algue)
Catalena : made by community map maker (timmay)
Overgrowth : made by community map maker (EastWindy )
Deadwing : made by community map maker (JessicaSc2)

Plus, in season 3 :

Foxtrot : made by community map maker (Uvantak )
Merry go round : made by community map maker (Winpark )
King sejong's station : made by community map maker (Str18-02 )
Nimbus : made by community map maker (Icetoad and wrl )


be happy cause the day you were longing for happened a long ago already.

But maybe you think all these mapmackers are trash? In that case feel free to open your map editor and give the wonderfull maps that exists in your head...
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 143
910 50
Dota 2
monkeys_forever327
NeuroSwarm164
Super Smash Bros
PPMD80
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8679
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi3105
shahzam612
JimRising 372
C9.Mang0196
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick345
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.