• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6969 users

[TLMC4] Finalists and Voting - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
193 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 30 2014 06:09 GMT
#41
On April 30 2014 14:53 Thaniri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 14:22 LightSpectra wrote:
I want CJ Biome to win so bad.

Though I worry a bit that every Z game will come down to mass mutas...


Honestly we were more concerned it would come down to mass swarm hosts. Every attack path concentrates on the center and it could get complicated weighing that part of the map against how good air is on this map as well.


This is also what I was thinking.

Protoss have their deathball and terran has mech though. It's kind of a weird map.
maru lover forever
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-30 06:23:38
April 30 2014 06:13 GMT
#42
Wow, these all look pretty awesome. 360 degree airspace sounds insane to deal with in some situations for every race but I'm willing to try. Kamala Park is my favorite although it does seem a bit forcefieldy in some places
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 30 2014 06:19 GMT
#43
On April 30 2014 15:13 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Wow, these all look pretty awesome. 360 degree airspace sounds insane to deal with in some situations for every race but I'm willing to try. Kamara Park is my favorite although it does seem a bit forcefieldy in some places


such a dirty protoss D:
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
R3mnant
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
April 30 2014 06:20 GMT
#44
“He leans down and opens up Deadwing, his fingers still moving rhythmically inside the Terrain Editor, his thumb circling and pressing. His other hand places destructible debris outside the natural and third. His tongue mirrors the 4p symmetry of the map, claiming me. My legs begin to stiffen as I push against the monitor. He gently places Protoss decal swastikas, so I’m brought back from the brink … I come instantly again and again, falling apart beneath him … then I’m building again … I climax anew, calling out his name, JessicaSc2.”
-Excerpt from my book, 5 Shades of Grey
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
April 30 2014 06:31 GMT
#45
Why can't you open Paint and mark the spawn locations on the maps?.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
April 30 2014 06:32 GMT
#46
I don't like any of the 1v1 maps so I guess nothing to vote for this time...
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
ShowTheLights
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Korea (South)1717 Posts
April 30 2014 06:32 GMT
#47
>_> these 1v1 maps look bad. 3rds either blocked by rocks, or its auto 4-base

jesus wtf
•••Acer.MMA••• <> KT_Puzzle <> JinAir•GreenWings_CoCa <> CJ_herO <> Axiom CranK & Ryung <> IM_Seed <> IM_Squirtle <> le' ToD <> Innovation <> ROOT_CatZ <> inuh! <> Chobra <> SKT1_Fantasy
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
April 30 2014 06:33 GMT
#48
On April 30 2014 15:20 R3mnant wrote:
“He leans down and opens up Deadwing, his fingers still moving rhythmically inside the Terrain Editor, his thumb circling and pressing. His other hand places destructible debris outside the natural and third. His tongue mirrors the 4p symmetry of the map, claiming me. My legs begin to stiffen as I push against the monitor. He gently places Protoss decal swastikas, so I’m brought back from the brink … I come instantly again and again, falling apart beneath him … then I’m building again … I climax anew, calling out his name, JessicaSc2.”
-Excerpt from my book, 5 Shades of Grey


Is it a bad sign if i recognized the original quote
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-30 07:00:34
April 30 2014 06:57 GMT
#49
Biome is a an extremely unique map as it is the only five player map we have ever seen.


Can't know your future if you don't know your past!
City of the Damned from MotM 8 here.

three-times TLMC finalist here and I have to say that I am not impressed at all by the map pool presented here. I will post comments on all the 1on1 maps later today, showing why I think these maps won't have the impact other TLMC maps had before. but for now that quoted sentence and my comment just sums is up pretty well to be honest.


edit: team maps look very good overall.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
April 30 2014 07:07 GMT
#50
CJ Biome and Catallena pls
The Bomber boy
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
April 30 2014 07:08 GMT
#51
Foxtrot and Sacred Path.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
April 30 2014 07:16 GMT
#52
Excluding Foxtrot these maps are all bland/turtly as fuck. Honestly easy 4-5 bases is not what I like to see in SC2.
From my point of view just about the worst finalists that could be picked (for comparison maps I liked best).
Imo big mistake to let only TL strategy members pick maps and not have a balanced board of judges. Hell I mean when I judged the guy from TL strategy (monk) at least was very open to new interesting maps and not just too the turtly bland shit that makes everyone macro peacefully that was carefully chosen here.

Also no offense to NemRaC (I think you're relatively new) but if you think Biome looks good think again. In every area there is basically only 2 textures being used which greatly limits how well you can texture it. Also the texture work isn't even particularly good, the doodads are almost non-existant and the way textures come together in the middle.....
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
April 30 2014 07:43 GMT
#53
Biome!
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
Axieoqu
Profile Joined October 2005
Finland204 Posts
April 30 2014 07:45 GMT
#54
I hope the spawn locations, watch towers and rocks could be highlighted a bit clearer in the preview pictures. Same applies to the bnet loading screen map previews.
TheFlexN
Profile Joined March 2012
Israel472 Posts
April 30 2014 07:49 GMT
#55
The theme of 5 of the team maps is the "two 1v1 maps in 1" as it separate attack paths to each of the player and making a x2 ramps main. Its nice to see the TLMC judges loving it, but that a lot of maps with the same design theme. (Its my opinion of course)
An Esports fan, playing SC2 and LoL because they are fun. Huge fan of mapmaking, Cloud Kingdom = best map ever made EVER.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
April 30 2014 07:58 GMT
#56
On April 30 2014 16:16 Ragoo wrote:
Excluding Foxtrot these maps are all bland/turtly as fuck. Honestly easy 4-5 bases is not what I like to see in SC2.
From my point of view just about the worst finalists that could be picked (for comparison maps I liked best).
Imo big mistake to let only TL strategy members pick maps and not have a balanced board of judges. Hell I mean when I judged the guy from TL strategy (monk) at least was very open to new interesting maps and not just too the turtly bland shit that makes everyone macro peacefully that was carefully chosen here.

Also no offense to NemRaC (I think you're relatively new) but if you think Biome looks good think again. In every area there is basically only 2 textures being used which greatly limits how well you can texture it. Also the texture work isn't even particularly good, the doodads are almost non-existant and the way textures come together in the middle.....


The only two that are turtley are Deadwing (which we would want to replace alterzim) and Biome, which, as was mentioned, is chosen to promote a style of play we haven't really seen too often with the ridiculous amounts of air space to attack.

Catallena isn't a turtle map at all (in fact taking the third can be hard), Kamala isn't a turtle map, and even you agreed Foxtrot isn't a turtle map. So I don't understand your position at all. On all of these maps, early aggression is viable, it was tested.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
April 30 2014 08:01 GMT
#57
I'm really digging CJBiome. I'm hoping it will win the voting. All the 1v1 maps except Deadwing look great to me.

Thanks everyone for organizing this!
Flash | Mvp
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 30 2014 08:07 GMT
#58
Foxtrot Labs and Kamala Park look like Sentry/Immortal paradises.
Deadwing is a huge map with 5easy bases, but not as open as Alterzim, so Ultralisk based play vs Protoss is even worse. It's either going to be a lot of SH play there, or easy Protoss wins in the lategame.

So it's between 5player or Octopus for me.
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
April 30 2014 08:18 GMT
#59
On April 30 2014 16:58 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 16:16 Ragoo wrote:
Excluding Foxtrot these maps are all bland/turtly as fuck. Honestly easy 4-5 bases is not what I like to see in SC2.
From my point of view just about the worst finalists that could be picked (for comparison maps I liked best).
Imo big mistake to let only TL strategy members pick maps and not have a balanced board of judges. Hell I mean when I judged the guy from TL strategy (monk) at least was very open to new interesting maps and not just too the turtly bland shit that makes everyone macro peacefully that was carefully chosen here.

Also no offense to NemRaC (I think you're relatively new) but if you think Biome looks good think again. In every area there is basically only 2 textures being used which greatly limits how well you can texture it. Also the texture work isn't even particularly good, the doodads are almost non-existant and the way textures come together in the middle.....


The only two that are turtley are Deadwing (which we would want to replace alterzim) and Biome, which, as was mentioned, is chosen to promote a style of play we haven't really seen too often with the ridiculous amounts of air space to attack.

Catallena isn't a turtle map at all (in fact taking the third can be hard), Kamala isn't a turtle map, and even you agreed Foxtrot isn't a turtle map. So I don't understand your position at all. On all of these maps, early aggression is viable, it was tested.

Why does there have to be a heavy turtle map at all?

Also he said the maps are turtley and/or bland. Deadwing and Biome are turtley, Catallena and (arguably) Kamala are bland (personally I think Kamala isn't bad, but I can see why others would disagree).
vibeo gane,
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
April 30 2014 09:17 GMT
#60
I thought maps with gimmicks wasn't allowed. Isn't sacred path considered a map with gimmick ?

Anyway. Voted for CJ biome because of looks (yeah it's bad i know) and sacred path because it is a really cool maps in clanwars
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 622
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.