• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6782 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 47 Next All
dchaudh
Profile Joined March 2015
58 Posts
May 16 2015 07:26 GMT
#481
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see the in-app documentation - it is quite extensive and thorough so thanks for that.

Just to confirm, if we move cameras by double tapping a control group (and assuming the camera moves a distance of 15 or more), then this would in fact register as a new screen, correct? (I think this would be functionally equivalent to centering a unit on screen by clicking it's portrait, which, as per the docs you posted, does count as a new screen. I'm pretty sure this is the case but it never hurts to double check

Thanks again!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 09:20:19
May 16 2015 09:19 GMT
#482
On May 16 2015 16:26 dchaudh wrote:
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see the in-app documentation - it is quite extensive and thorough so thanks for that.

Just to confirm, if we move cameras by double tapping a control group (and assuming the camera moves a distance of 15 or more), then this would in fact register as a new screen, correct? (I think this would be functionally equivalent to centering a unit on screen by clicking it's portrait, which, as per the docs you posted, does count as a new screen. I'm pretty sure this is the case but it never hurts to double check

Thanks again!

Yes, that is correct. The only thing what matters is delta >= 15. What comes after are just examples of typically what is and what is not included. The help dialog again:

[image loading]
https://repmastered.icza.net
zerge
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany162 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 09:07:09
May 28 2015 09:03 GMT
#483
In Sc2gears there was an option to show the build orders used by a selectet player. Have i missed this feature in scelight or did it get removed? Also i can not see win percentages of certain matchups anymore?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
May 28 2015 19:25 GMT
#484
On May 28 2015 18:03 zerge wrote:
In Sc2gears there was an option to show the build orders used by a selectet player. Have i missed this feature in scelight or did it get removed? Also i can not see win percentages of certain matchups anymore?

Builds orders are also available in Scelight. Open the replay in the Replay Analyzer and select the Build Orders tab where you will see the build orders of all players in a table where the time grows along the row number.

You can also visualize the build orders on the charts. Select the Commands chart, and select the Builds and optionally all other types you want to include on the chart (e.g. Trains, Upgrades etc.).

Win percentages along with a bunch of other statistics are available in the Multi-replay Analyzer. Select a Replay Folder on the Replay Folders page or select multiple replays in a Replay List page and press the Multi-Replay Analyze button. On the Global Stats tab you'll see the Player tab where you will see all the players found in the replays (you will be at the top). Double clicking on a player will open the detailed statistics of that player.

So double click on your player, and under the tab of your Player name, you'll see a Race tab. This shows summarized stats aggregated by the races you played including Win %. Under the Race tab you'll also see other tabs named by the game formats. Select the 1v1 which details statistics based on all 1v1 games, including win %, for example ZvP, ZvT, PvZ etc., and also summarized stats like Zv* (you played with Zerg vs any race), and stats like *vP (you with any race vs Protoss).
https://repmastered.icza.net
zerge
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany162 Posts
May 28 2015 21:06 GMT
#485
Hi, thanks for the replay. I found the race statistics where you described them and thats where i was looking for a build order tab as well. Sc2gears was able to recognize the first few buildings made and list the same builds from different replays together with a win percentage for each matchup.
dchaudh
Profile Joined March 2015
58 Posts
June 16 2015 22:57 GMT
#486
Hi there -

1) is it possible to distinguish between screen changes triggered by camera hotkeys vs. clicking on the minimap?

2) my second question is basically a broader version of #1: do we have enough info from the replays to be able to decompose total APM into mouse APM and keyboard APM?

If it's possible to do either (or both) of the above, any chance I could ask you to point me to where in the app I can find the relevant data?

(Note: my questions have more to do with data sufficiency; in other words, I'm not asking whether or not these features are included in the app as I understand that my questions are quite specific in nature! I poked around in the commands-list and I thought there might be additional data from the replay that might allow a quick division into mouse vs. keyboard actions.)

Thanks again for your help - I'm working on an SC2-related research project atm =P
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
June 17 2015 14:56 GMT
#487
On June 17 2015 07:57 dchaudh wrote:
Hi there -

1) is it possible to distinguish between screen changes triggered by camera hotkeys vs. clicking on the minimap?

2) my second question is basically a broader version of #1: do we have enough info from the replays to be able to decompose total APM into mouse APM and keyboard APM?

If it's possible to do either (or both) of the above, any chance I could ask you to point me to where in the app I can find the relevant data?

(Note: my questions have more to do with data sufficiency; in other words, I'm not asking whether or not these features are included in the app as I understand that my questions are quite specific in nature! I poked around in the commands-list and I thought there might be additional data from the replay that might allow a quick division into mouse vs. keyboard actions.)

Thanks again for your help - I'm working on an SC2-related research project atm =P

Unfortunately the info whether an action was triggered by the mouse or keyboard is not stored in the replay files.

So you can't distinguish between "keyboard" and "mouse" actions and therefore you can't calculate "keyboard" APM and "mouse" APM.
https://repmastered.icza.net
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
June 17 2015 15:04 GMT
#488
On June 17 2015 23:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 07:57 dchaudh wrote:
Hi there -

1) is it possible to distinguish between screen changes triggered by camera hotkeys vs. clicking on the minimap?

2) my second question is basically a broader version of #1: do we have enough info from the replays to be able to decompose total APM into mouse APM and keyboard APM?

If it's possible to do either (or both) of the above, any chance I could ask you to point me to where in the app I can find the relevant data?

(Note: my questions have more to do with data sufficiency; in other words, I'm not asking whether or not these features are included in the app as I understand that my questions are quite specific in nature! I poked around in the commands-list and I thought there might be additional data from the replay that might allow a quick division into mouse vs. keyboard actions.)

Thanks again for your help - I'm working on an SC2-related research project atm =P

Unfortunately the info whether an action was triggered by the mouse or keyboard is not stored in the replay files.

So you can't distinguish between "keyboard" and "mouse" actions and therefore you can't calculate "keyboard" APM and "mouse" APM.


wouldnt that be possible with something like a keylogger that runs in the background? so if scelight is open, you play a game and after that the program tells you what you did with the keyboard and what with the mouse.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
June 17 2015 15:16 GMT
#489
On June 18 2015 00:04 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 23:56 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On June 17 2015 07:57 dchaudh wrote:
Hi there -

1) is it possible to distinguish between screen changes triggered by camera hotkeys vs. clicking on the minimap?

2) my second question is basically a broader version of #1: do we have enough info from the replays to be able to decompose total APM into mouse APM and keyboard APM?

If it's possible to do either (or both) of the above, any chance I could ask you to point me to where in the app I can find the relevant data?

(Note: my questions have more to do with data sufficiency; in other words, I'm not asking whether or not these features are included in the app as I understand that my questions are quite specific in nature! I poked around in the commands-list and I thought there might be additional data from the replay that might allow a quick division into mouse vs. keyboard actions.)

Thanks again for your help - I'm working on an SC2-related research project atm =P

Unfortunately the info whether an action was triggered by the mouse or keyboard is not stored in the replay files.

So you can't distinguish between "keyboard" and "mouse" actions and therefore you can't calculate "keyboard" APM and "mouse" APM.


wouldnt that be possible with something like a keylogger that runs in the background? so if scelight is open, you play a game and after that the program tells you what you did with the keyboard and what with the mouse.

Yes, theoretically that would be sufficient and would be doable, but there would be still issues like synchronizing the logged events to the replay, handling other things such as game pause (whose duration is not recorded in the replay).

If the goal is to calculate / obtain "keyboard" and "mouse" APM, the separate logger application could do this on its own without the consult of the replay.
https://repmastered.icza.net
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
June 20 2015 06:52 GMT
#490
soooooo

will you try to put it in your programm?
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
June 21 2015 21:01 GMT
#491
On May 12 2015 17:26 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2015 09:07 MinKi wrote:
does this work with LotV beta?

I don't have beta access so LotV beta support is not yet added.


How is that even possible?? I'm going to the official forums to complain about this
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
bMn30
Profile Joined January 2011
United States113 Posts
June 25 2015 07:02 GMT
#492
I can't seem to get SCELight to work with LOTV. Am I doing something wrong or can we expect this to be updated for LOTV? Thx
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
June 25 2015 20:38 GMT
#493
On June 25 2015 16:02 bMn30 wrote:
I can't seem to get SCELight to work with LOTV. Am I doing something wrong or can we expect this to be updated for LOTV? Thx

Just look 1 post above yours. I don't have LotV beta access, and until I do, I can't add proper support for LotV.
https://repmastered.icza.net
rigginssc2
Profile Joined April 2015
18 Posts
June 29 2015 23:43 GMT
#494
I am puzzled b the two options for saving replays. One is to rename the replays but keep them in the same folder. Presumably this would keep them in the "Multiplayer" replay folder. The other is to create a "backup" of the replay in a different folder.

Why two options? If I move the replays to a different folder then I fail to see how I can view these replays from within SC2. It isn't like they give you a browser in there. So, it seems I would be left with a really nicely organized set of replays, that are only good for analyzing with scelight. Right? But, this is the default setup? Meaning, the tool comes setup to create a backup with a renamed file and to not rename the files the SC2 makes in the Multiplayer folder.

This seems backwards.

It also seems odd that you can specify the rename template in three different places. Why? I forget off hand where the third place is, and maybe that is because it was not clear what use it served, but the other two let yu specify the template for the "in place" rename and the "backup" rename.

Another question, there is an option for a vocal "backup saved" if you use the backup option. There is no such option if you use the rename in place option. Why? This seems overly complicated for no real benefit. Perhaps you are just mirroring the set of features that were in sc2gears?

Final question, do I need to manually star scelight every time i reboot my machine? Or is there an option somewhere to have it autostart it self (like the sc2replaystats autouploader used to do before I replaced it with this new tool).

Thanks!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
July 01 2015 13:30 GMT
#495
On June 30 2015 08:43 rigginssc2 wrote:
I am puzzled b the two options for saving replays. One is to rename the replays but keep them in the same folder. Presumably this would keep them in the "Multiplayer" replay folder. The other is to create a "backup" of the replay in a different folder.

Why two options? If I move the replays to a different folder then I fail to see how I can view these replays from within SC2. It isn't like they give you a browser in there. So, it seems I would be left with a really nicely organized set of replays, that are only good for analyzing with scelight. Right? But, this is the default setup? Meaning, the tool comes setup to create a backup with a renamed file and to not rename the files the SC2 makes in the Multiplayer folder.

This seems backwards.

It also seems odd that you can specify the rename template in three different places. Why? I forget off hand where the third place is, and maybe that is because it was not clear what use it served, but the other two let yu specify the template for the "in place" rename and the "backup" rename.

Another question, there is an option for a vocal "backup saved" if you use the backup option. There is no such option if you use the rename in place option. Why? This seems overly complicated for no real benefit. Perhaps you are just mirroring the set of features that were in sc2gears?

Final question, do I need to manually star scelight every time i reboot my machine? Or is there an option somewhere to have it autostart it self (like the sc2replaystats autouploader used to do before I replaced it with this new tool).

Thanks!

Some people don't want to make a backup of their replays, they just want to keep them in the default folder where SC2 saves them.

Some people prefer to have a backup of their replays in a separate folder (which may even be on a separate drive) so that if Windows is reinstalled or other things, their replays are not lost forever. Also note that by default SC2 only keeps of your last 25 or so replays, and when a new is saved, the oldest is deleted automatically.

The Rename detected new replays in their original folder does what it says. Reason: you can see these replays from in-game, so the name you specify here is what you will see inside the game.

When replay backup is enabled, you may choose to use a different name in the backup folder. This will not be visible from the game, so a different name may be desirable. It can be longer, the backup folder may contain a lot more replays, so more information may be feasible in the name, also starting it with the date/time is feasible so it will be sorted automatically in chronological order in file browsers.

These are the 2 places to specify name templates. There is also a 3rd as you mentioned which is under Replay Folders / Replay List. But that is merely so that Scelight remembers the last renaming template (when you manually rename replays) and if you want to rename replays again, the name template you used last (or what is set here) is offered as a starting point.

Renaming a replay in its original folder cannot really fail. But backing up a replay might fail for several reasons: no permissions to create backup folder or write the backup file, disk full, disk of back-up folder unavailable etc. So it is reasonable to have an alert for backing up replays, and not one for renaming them.

Once you start it, you can minimize Scelight to a tray icon and it will keep running in the background. When you restart Windows, it will be obviously closed. You can put a link into your Startup folder, which will indeed start the Scelight launcher. You will need to manually click on the START button unless you registered in which case you can set it to automatically proceed after the update and integrity checks.
https://repmastered.icza.net
LiquidRadiation
Profile Joined November 2013
Afghanistan6 Posts
July 05 2015 02:24 GMT
#496
Oh man I just downloaded SCElight and I was pretty excited to use it until I realized LOTV replays don't work with it
I love afghanistan! My hometown!
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
July 05 2015 05:05 GMT
#497
A request:
in multi-replay analysis, it'd be cool to scatter plot the games on a few different variables, such as apm, spm, SQ, game length, date, etc. Would also be nice if you can set some variables to point size and colour, so that you can, for example, plot apm against spm, point size by game length and colour by date. That functionality would open so many possibilities for understanding your game I think. Does my apm actually improve my SQ? Only for long games? Do my apm and spm correlate? Do they correlate more/less now than 2 years ago? Also calculating a quick little pearson correlation of the scatter could be nice. Maybe support filters as well, plotting only games from last year, only ZvP, etc. Anyway, I think some basic functionality like that could open up so much potential analysis for the users.

Love the tool, thanks!
Imalayan
Profile Joined March 2015
4 Posts
July 07 2015 15:18 GMT
#498
Hi there,
I added a new replayfolder (since the original can not be relocated :/) and set it to monitored.
But when it detects a new replay in the alternate folder, it will back it up, but doesn't use the template for renaming (which it does use for new replays in the original folder). Instead it renames it to "YY-MM-DD HH_MM_SS.SC2Replay" and uses the Date/Time from the moment the replay is backed up (which is even less useful than the time the replay was created^^).
Is there anyway to fix that?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-08 05:27:56
July 07 2015 20:27 GMT
#499
On July 08 2015 00:18 Imalayan wrote:
Hi there,
I added a new replayfolder (since the original can not be relocated :/) and set it to monitored.
But when it detects a new replay in the alternate folder, it will back it up, but doesn't use the template for renaming (which it does use for new replays in the original folder). Instead it renames it to "YY-MM-DD HH_MM_SS.SC2Replay" and uses the Date/Time from the moment the replay is backed up (which is even less useful than the time the replay was created^^).
Is there anyway to fix that?

Wich monitored Replay folder a new replay comes from should not matter.

The name format you describe is only used as a fall-back template and only applied if a new replay cannot be parsed (and therefore the values of the different symbols used in the name template cannot be acquired). Are you sure you're not talking about LotV replays? As LotV replays are not yet supported.

Please check if otherwise you can open those replays in the Replay analyzer.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Imalayan
Profile Joined March 2015
4 Posts
July 08 2015 13:04 GMT
#500
Are you sure you're not talking about LotV replays?

The folder contains both LOTV an HOTS (and probably also WoL) replays, but none of both get renamed correctly. I'd probably be able to filter all of the LOTV replays out (if that fixes it), but thats something I'd like to avoid.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 112
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister983
Happy339
Sick199
crisheroes180
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV114
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h
Monday Night Weeklies
7h
Replay Cast
14h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.