• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:25
CEST 22:25
KST 05:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8685 users

Jaedong will not return to JinAir Greenwing - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
264 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
perfidiusrex
Profile Joined December 2013
Belgium78 Posts
December 03 2013 11:58 GMT
#81
not really a surprise though.the sc2 scene in korea is very inferior in terms of money compared to the foreign scene.the next year in order to make any money you got to get first place at the gsl.plus if you do not do well in the gsl you do not get to go to the global finals.add the fact that korean teams do not send you to as many international tournamnets.moreover jaedong has never actually achieved anything in korea in sc2.most of his wins are in the proleague which is like 2 games per week.he literally got destroyed in each individual korean tournament he participated in.in the foreign scene he can beat a couple of foreigners and other bad koreans,get some money and eg sends him to all international tournaments....oh i forgot,no osl next year.
Jaedong fan
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
December 03 2013 12:20 GMT
#82
On December 03 2013 20:58 perfidiusrex wrote:
not really a surprise though.the sc2 scene in korea is very inferior in terms of money compared to the foreign scene.the next year in order to make any money you got to get first place at the gsl.plus if you do not do well in the gsl you do not get to go to the global finals.add the fact that korean teams do not send you to as many international tournamnets.moreover jaedong has never actually achieved anything in korea in sc2.most of his wins are in the proleague which is like 2 games per week.he literally got destroyed in each individual korean tournament he participated in.in the foreign scene he can beat a couple of foreigners and other bad koreans,get some money and eg sends him to all international tournaments....oh i forgot,no osl next year.

you must be a hell of a jaedong fan ^^
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 12:45:02
December 03 2013 12:44 GMT
#83
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, production I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
December 03 2013 12:44 GMT
#84
Don't know maybe, I can dream, but would be cool if he joined StarTale.
....
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 03 2013 12:47 GMT
#85
On December 03 2013 21:20 75 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 20:58 perfidiusrex wrote:
not really a surprise though.the sc2 scene in korea is very inferior in terms of money compared to the foreign scene.the next year in order to make any money you got to get first place at the gsl.plus if you do not do well in the gsl you do not get to go to the global finals.add the fact that korean teams do not send you to as many international tournamnets.moreover jaedong has never actually achieved anything in korea in sc2.most of his wins are in the proleague which is like 2 games per week.he literally got destroyed in each individual korean tournament he participated in.in the foreign scene he can beat a couple of foreigners and other bad koreans,get some money and eg sends him to all international tournaments....oh i forgot,no osl next year.

you must be a hell of a jaedong fan ^^

Apparently not a fan of the enter or space key though.

Competing in Korea exclusively makes zero sense at this point if the players has a choice in the matter. PL is cool, but it's a pale shadow of what it was in BW.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
perfidiusrex
Profile Joined December 2013
Belgium78 Posts
December 03 2013 12:48 GMT
#86
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, produciton I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


are you serious?proleague and osl had the most entertaining value out of all sc2 competitions.they had high production value(the last osls was nicely done),the kespa koreans are entertaining and are educated on public relationships.the osl format with bo1 and bo3 is the most simmilar thing esports comes to real sports.i would pick the osl over the gsl anytime.and koreans arent faceless when they compete against people of same calibre. seeing a faceless korean win against an underprepared foreigner is boring but seeing koreans with simmilar training environments going against each other is actually exciting.
Jaedong fan
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 03 2013 13:00 GMT
#87
No surprises here. EG seems like a good fit for him.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
December 03 2013 13:24 GMT
#88
JDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
December 03 2013 13:36 GMT
#89
What a shock...
DavoS
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States4605 Posts
December 03 2013 13:38 GMT
#90
Obligatory EG dirty money joke.
Also yay!
Also, 'Murcuh
"KDA is actually the most useless stat in the game" Aui_2000
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
December 03 2013 13:43 GMT
#91
I thought this was known as a certainty for months now
Either way, great news!
SooYoung-Noona!
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
December 03 2013 13:49 GMT
#92
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, production I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


Oh, I'm sorry that they are unable to appease to your time schedule or the fact in your opinion a lot of them are faceless Koreans. Just goes to show you how meaningless some opinions truly are. Some people shesh.
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
December 03 2013 13:51 GMT
#93
On December 03 2013 22:49 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, production I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


Oh, I'm sorry that they are unable to appease to your time schedule or the fact in your opinion a lot of them are faceless Koreans. Just goes to show you how meaningless some opinions truly are. Some people shesh.


Why is he not allowed to dislike proleague? lol Not everyone has to love every single tournament and player out there
SooYoung-Noona!
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 14:17:23
December 03 2013 14:11 GMT
#94
On December 03 2013 22:51 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 22:49 StarStruck wrote:
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, production I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


Oh, I'm sorry that they are unable to appease to your time schedule or the fact in your opinion a lot of them are faceless Koreans. Just goes to show you how meaningless some opinions truly are. Some people shesh.


Why is he not allowed to dislike proleague? lol Not everyone has to love every single tournament and player out there


Did you even read his post? Does every tournament have to appease to everyone with regards to what time it starts at? I'm sorry but that isn't a valid excuse to shit a brick on something. They've always went on during those times, so that isn't a valid complaint. If you cannot stay up to watch it then that isn't their problem it's your's. So sorry that you live on the other side of the world. Doesn't sound like he gives a flying shit about what happens there anyway. He made that obvious. If you were to ask many people who actually follow the Korean scene unlike him I assure you they wouldn't call a lot of these guys faceless. All this guy is doing is blowing off hot steam. His criticism is invalid.
Magotto
Profile Joined June 2013
Hungary33 Posts
December 03 2013 14:12 GMT
#95
time for LeeSsang KT JaeDong pls!
Flash 4 President!!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
December 03 2013 14:12 GMT
#96
On December 03 2013 21:48 perfidiusrex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, produciton I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


are you serious?proleague and osl had the most entertaining value out of all sc2 competitions.they had high production value(the last osls was nicely done),the kespa koreans are entertaining and are educated on public relationships.the osl format with bo1 and bo3 is the most simmilar thing esports comes to real sports.i would pick the osl over the gsl anytime.and koreans arent faceless when they compete against people of same calibre. seeing a faceless korean win against an underprepared foreigner is boring but seeing koreans with simmilar training environments going against each other is actually exciting.

Sorry but production for proleague was HORRIBLE. (english stream)
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
December 03 2013 14:12 GMT
#97
Good,he's someone who travels a lot kespa isn't made for him anymore.
Even if some teams like CJ are opening a bit its still too small.
RIP MKP
perfidiusrex
Profile Joined December 2013
Belgium78 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 14:18:29
December 03 2013 14:18 GMT
#98
On December 03 2013 23:12 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 21:48 perfidiusrex wrote:
On December 03 2013 21:44 boxerfred wrote:
I'm actually happy that jaedong is not going to compete in proleague any soon. proleague, as skillwise good as it is, has casters I do not enjoy, produciton I do not enjoy, time schedule I do not enjoy and lots of (for me) faceless koreans I do not enjoy. sorry, broodwarians.


are you serious?proleague and osl had the most entertaining value out of all sc2 competitions.they had high production value(the last osls was nicely done),the kespa koreans are entertaining and are educated on public relationships.the osl format with bo1 and bo3 is the most simmilar thing esports comes to real sports.i would pick the osl over the gsl anytime.and koreans arent faceless when they compete against people of same calibre. seeing a faceless korean win against an underprepared foreigner is boring but seeing koreans with simmilar training environments going against each other is actually exciting.

Sorry but production for proleague was HORRIBLE. (english stream)


what was so bad about it?beside proleague being played in some pcbang it seemed like a decent sc2 tournament.

@shidox

kespa isnt made for sc2 recently.
Jaedong fan
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
December 03 2013 14:18 GMT
#99
i dont think anyone other than EG could even afford him
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
December 03 2013 14:18 GMT
#100
There is no such things as getting enough of Jaedong.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason92
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 182
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 760
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9712
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1688
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5638
Liquid`RaSZi5420
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo292
Pyrionflax139
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS116
ZombieGrub100
IndyStarCraft 88
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV378
League of Legends
• TFBlade1146
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.