• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:45
CEST 21:45
KST 04:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

Genna Bain leaves Axiom - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
This is a heated issue, but please keep the debate civil.
Personal insult is not 'discussion' and will be moderated. -Page 17
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 16 2013 11:59 GMT
#201
On August 16 2013 19:24 pmp10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 18:11 Wormi wrote:
from sponsors/companies point of view this is like:
-"Take is a guy we can trust, he understands our interests."
-"we can´t talk to Axiom. if the negotiations don´t go well for them, it goes public."

guess who´ll get the contracts.

Nobody will.
Sponsors can't be expected to care which part of community is reliable and will take their business elsewhere.
Dramas and fanboy wars like this hurt sponsors and so all of us equally.


This is probably the most realistic scenario, at least at this stage.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
August 16 2013 12:00 GMT
#202
Sad. Genna was actually one of the few people in management that really cared, and one of the only people outside of spectators that cared about the NA scene. Sadly she wasn't tough enough to handle the mountain of shit that would get heaped on her by the community when something didn't go smoothly, and she'd crack a bit. But then that's the case with most normal people. I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
August 16 2013 12:07 GMT
#203
This kind of unnecessary drama/shit makes me want to just watch matches and not give a fuck about anything else.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 12:09:20
August 16 2013 12:09 GMT
#204
On August 16 2013 21:07 Godwrath wrote:
This kind of unnecessary drama/shit makes me want to just watch matches and not give a fuck about anything else.


Good to see there's still a handful of people with this mindset left on this site. x)

For those who missed it on the last page by the way, TaKe's response.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
n0ave
Profile Joined January 2011
180 Posts
August 16 2013 12:11 GMT
#205
Managing Sc2 pro teams isn't providing sufficient financial gains at the moment.
I hope TB will drop his Sc2 pro team and start focus on creating more Youtube content, I enjoy his "WTF is..." videos.

TB is not the person that can get hooked only on one game, he isn't a hardcore Sc2 fan. And I understand that, I used to enjoy this game, 2 years ago Sc2 was the only game I had installed and played ( a lot), but now... I haven't started it in months and I find Sc2 streams boring.

Good choice by the Bains to step away from Sc2. Everybody feels that Sc2 is going downhill... and yes it's true.
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
August 16 2013 12:17 GMT
#206
Sorry to hear it. Too bad regardless of "whose fault it is".

One can only reflect upon oneself.

Move forward, gl hf
(:
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
August 16 2013 12:19 GMT
#207
On August 16 2013 21:11 n0ave wrote:
Managing Sc2 pro teams isn't providing sufficient financial gains at the moment.
I hope TB will drop his Sc2 pro team and start focus on creating more Youtube content, I enjoy his "WTF is..." videos.

TB is not the person that can get hooked only on one game, he isn't a hardcore Sc2 fan. And I understand that, I used to enjoy this game, 2 years ago Sc2 was the only game I had installed and played ( a lot), but now... I haven't started it in months and I find Sc2 streams boring.

Good choice by the Bains to step away from Sc2. Everybody feels that Sc2 is going downhill... and yes it's true.

This news means TB has to dedicate even more of his time to SC2, not shy away from it...
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
August 16 2013 12:22 GMT
#208
On August 16 2013 21:19 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 21:11 n0ave wrote:
Managing Sc2 pro teams isn't providing sufficient financial gains at the moment.
I hope TB will drop his Sc2 pro team and start focus on creating more Youtube content, I enjoy his "WTF is..." videos.

TB is not the person that can get hooked only on one game, he isn't a hardcore Sc2 fan. And I understand that, I used to enjoy this game, 2 years ago Sc2 was the only game I had installed and played ( a lot), but now... I haven't started it in months and I find Sc2 streams boring.

Good choice by the Bains to step away from Sc2. Everybody feels that Sc2 is going downhill... and yes it's true.

This news means TB has to dedicate even more of his time to SC2, not shy away from it...


Don't fall for the bait.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Amblygon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom57 Posts
August 16 2013 12:32 GMT
#209
So sad to see Genna go. I was so amazed by how Axiom began and how it developed. I really think Genna managed to start something special and unique in the SC2 scene, and my hope is that Axiom can continue to develop in the way that it has and that it keeps its players at the heart of things. I wish all the best to the Axiom players, and I hope none of this gets in the way of them improving to become even more amazing. GLHF!
Believe in yourself.
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
August 16 2013 12:36 GMT
#210
This story could and should have been "Axiom unable to participate in ATC finals, citing money issues." and details about the replacement. I don't want anyone to retire or lose viewers over this. It's so pointless.
Salazarz
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Korea (South)2591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 12:42:20
August 16 2013 12:40 GMT
#211
On August 16 2013 21:32 Amblygon wrote:
So sad to see Genna go. I was so amazed by how Axiom began and how it developed. I really think Genna managed to start something special and unique in the SC2 scene, and my hope is that Axiom can continue to develop in the way that it has and that it keeps its players at the heart of things. I wish all the best to the Axiom players, and I hope none of this gets in the way of them improving to become even more amazing. GLHF!


To be honest, aside from them being incredibly vocal and public about their 'story', it's not really any different or special from most other teams, especially the early Korean teams. I mean, having managers set players up with houses and equipment out of their own pockets in hopes of maybe, one day getting sponsorships sufficient to cover the expenses is what pretty much every team used to do in the past, just because of their interest and passion in the esports scene, rather than garnering themselves more publicity and youtube subscriptions. It's cool to have a little more insight into it - but to think that Genna and TB were somehow "more into it" or "giving it more heart" is pretty naive; seeing how important self-validation and "saving face" was for TB and Genna seems to contradict everything they said about caring about their team and players, too.
IcedBacon
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada906 Posts
August 16 2013 12:40 GMT
#212
Yeah she never did seem like a person that could handle the criticism and drama involved with being a team manager. Didn't deal with the ATC business very well either IMO.
"I went Zerg because Artosis is a douchebag." -IdrA
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
August 16 2013 12:48 GMT
#213
Such a disappointing conclusion to somewhat-unnecessary drama. The hate towards TB/Genna/Axiom in the first place was unfounded (imo), and it's very disappointing to see it all come crashing down like this. Take's response in the other thread proves that he wasn't really looking for blood, he was angry, only to be expected...

Hopefully this won't spell the end of Axiom. I never really liked or disliked them, but the fact that Genna/TB took it upon themselves to run an SC2 team when we have few non-KeSPA teams left is admirable. I hope they keep playing!
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
StatixEx
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United Kingdom779 Posts
August 16 2013 12:53 GMT
#214
tb just tries to jump on all the bandwagons given his very fortunate popularity in this industry, this team is dead and gone . . ill give it 3 months, its one thing being a shoutcaster of starcraft, then to run a team where we all know makes barely any money at all, these people arent millionaires and as they age noone really wants to listen to old people go on about video games and listen to cringe worthy, (they call it funny and zany)comments which just make most of our blood boil..
DjHorsi
Profile Joined March 2013
20 Posts
August 16 2013 12:55 GMT
#215
well she isn't professional enaugh i guess.
Publishing private chats and throwing everything after some crtitics.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 12:59:57
August 16 2013 12:56 GMT
#216
On August 16 2013 14:27 KuKri wrote:
Miscommunication, Axiom couldn't spend as much money for the ATC tournament, Take tried to fix it, it didn't work out, Genna Bain revealed private communication with Take about funding, Take responded again in privately to Genna, indirectly pointing towards taking legal actions, and she made it public again? Is this what this is about?
Why is Take to be blamed? I must've missed out on something...


Pretty simple: when someone is doing your PR for you, you don't blast them and threaten legal action. She didn't reveal the whole thing, but it's clear that he's pissed, and after a full year of taking massive amounts of shit from everyone, I don't blame her for leaving. I don't blame TB for posting "Fuck Take" as well, because he's fucking with their team and his wife, he deserves it.

For the record, I haven't given a fuck about SC2 for a long time, but I know a little bit about both depression and being in jobs where you do nothing but take shit all day, and I don't blame her in the slightest.

One last thing: Never say anything in private you don't want in public, especially on the internet. Integrity is about being the same person no matter what the circumstance is. If you wanna be a dick to someone, be prepared to have a valid reason for doing so.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 13:03:05
August 16 2013 12:58 GMT
#217
I did get the impression that Genna was not a happy person, I suppose this is not surprising. Keep in mind that she has kids and please believe me when I tell you that it's not fun to grow up in a household where your mother has clinical depression, so she has a responsibility for her mental health not only to herself but also to her children.

Also, people can't seriously be angry with Take for not taking into account Genna's fragile mental state. They have a business relation, Genna's actions aren't excused by her mental health situation. I wish her the best and I hope she recovers, but you do have to live with your mistakes.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
August 16 2013 13:12 GMT
#218
On August 16 2013 21:22 Doublemint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 21:19 ZAiNs wrote:
On August 16 2013 21:11 n0ave wrote:
Managing Sc2 pro teams isn't providing sufficient financial gains at the moment.
I hope TB will drop his Sc2 pro team and start focus on creating more Youtube content, I enjoy his "WTF is..." videos.

TB is not the person that can get hooked only on one game, he isn't a hardcore Sc2 fan. And I understand that, I used to enjoy this game, 2 years ago Sc2 was the only game I had installed and played ( a lot), but now... I haven't started it in months and I find Sc2 streams boring.

Good choice by the Bains to step away from Sc2. Everybody feels that Sc2 is going downhill... and yes it's true.

This news means TB has to dedicate even more of his time to SC2, not shy away from it...


Don't fall for the bait.



Personally i would be very surprised if Axiom are involved in SC2 this time next year.
fbi11ibf
Profile Joined August 2013
1 Post
August 16 2013 13:13 GMT
#219
I think it's good for Team Axiom. It's very unprofessinal to post PRIVATE chats... A good manager would also never think that the broadcaster of a tournament will pay the journey. It's very weird to think that, normally the competitors have to pay a little sum to take part in the tournament and Take also never wrote they will pay it, so why did she thinks that. Both sides made mistakes, but to post private chats is just childish and does not show that she mades her job that good. Well that's my point of view.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
August 16 2013 13:13 GMT
#220
On August 16 2013 21:07 Godwrath wrote:
This kind of unnecessary drama/shit makes me want to just watch matches and not give a fuck about anything else.


Join us. It's much better on this side.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 317
TKL 311
IndyStarCraft 188
ZombieGrub96
BRAT_OK 94
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 908
TKL 311
IndyStarCraft 188
MaxPax 161
ZombieGrub96
BRAT_OK 94
JuggernautJason60
Nathanias 32
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 659
ggaemo 147
White-Ra 137
firebathero 80
Barracks 65
910 50
Shine 33
Trap 24
Killer 24
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 791
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0166
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9661
crisheroes1820
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5075
summit1g4508
singsing1342
Beastyqt801
shahzam470
B2W.Neo335
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe135
UpATreeSC61
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream414
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 184
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix14
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade764
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur339
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.