• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:44
CEST 22:44
KST 05:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

New Color mode with patch 2.0.10 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Blacklizard
Profile Joined May 2007
United States1194 Posts
August 01 2013 21:47 GMT
#61
I'll never forget the days when Black was a valid color in SC1. Hehe, those were hard times on the minimap. Kudos to Blizz on this change!
TimKim0713
Profile Joined June 2012
Korea (South)221 Posts
August 01 2013 21:53 GMT
#62
Poll: Are U Color blind?

no (48)
 
74%

yes (17)
 
26%

65 total votes

Your vote: Are U Color blind?

(Vote): no
(Vote): yes


Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
August 01 2013 21:58 GMT
#63
suppose I am green/red colorbllind. Why would I switch the colors from red/blue into "team colors", which happen to be green and red and then wait for three years for Blizzard to come up with a "colorblind" scheme, when I could the whole time, with a single clilck of a button, switch back into red/blue, which happens to be very similiar to the "new" orangle/blue scheme?

Okay, now I inderstand you. But this question is without answer and can be adressed to Blizzard themselfs. It's their problem that they are so lazy to do such small things earlier. What we can do? Only wait and hail them.

What about colors. Many players in team games play with green-yellow-red scheme, and they are tired with these colors. They also probably don't like default blue-red color scheme, so this color-blind mode gives alternate colors, just for selection. So you can choose a bit more what you want and not be limited to only 2 color schemes - player's colors and green-red colors.

This thread is mostly not about agitating this mode for Color Blind players. This thread is about alternate colors and better building grid which can be nicely used by non-color blind players.
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 22:00:50
August 01 2013 21:59 GMT
#64
On August 02 2013 06:43 opisska wrote:

Do you understand that you are not making any sense? In my post, I asked, why would people use that feature, so why are you telling me that I don't know that the feature exists?

So again:

suppose I am green/red colorbllind. Why would I switch the colors from red/blue into "team colors", which happen to be green and red and then wait for three years for Blizzard to come up with a "colorblind" scheme, when I could the whole time, with a single clilck of a button, switch back into red/blue, which happens to be very similiar to the "new" orangle/blue scheme?


That didn't help with the building grid colors, and in team games having all allies one color and enemies one other (instead of 4 different colors) is useful (for me at least). Also I hope streamers take advantage of this, mirror matches with red/green colors are so hard to follow...

eta: honestly the building grid is the biggest deal for me over actual player colors, but different people probably have different experiences with that.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
August 02 2013 00:45 GMT
#65
On August 02 2013 06:53 TimKim0713 wrote:
Poll: Are U Color blind?

no (48)
 
74%

yes (17)
 
26%

65 total votes

Your vote: Are U Color blind?

(Vote): no
(Vote): yes



Misclicked no on my phone. results are ruined!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
August 02 2013 00:51 GMT
#66
On August 02 2013 09:45 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 06:53 TimKim0713 wrote:
Poll: Are U Color blind?

no (48)
 
74%

yes (17)
 
26%

65 total votes

Your vote: Are U Color blind?

(Vote): no
(Vote): yes



Misclicked no on my phone. results are ruined!


Don't worry Dagger, I got your back. <3
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 02 2013 01:03 GMT
#67
I remember that there was a caster who was colour-blind and had to use those during the cast. I wonder if anyone knows who I'm talking about and then we can see his opinion on the matter since I forgot his name.
kiss kiss fall in love
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
August 02 2013 01:11 GMT
#68
On August 02 2013 09:51 FluffyBinLaden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 09:45 BisuDagger wrote:
On August 02 2013 06:53 TimKim0713 wrote:
Poll: Are U Color blind?

no (48)
 
74%

yes (17)
 
26%

65 total votes

Your vote: Are U Color blind?

(Vote): no
(Vote): yes



Misclicked no on my phone. results are ruined!


Don't worry Dagger, I got your back. <3

Whew! Crisis averted, thank you!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
August 02 2013 01:20 GMT
#69
Tried this and looks cool to the eyes. But still going for green/red. Also does the color blind people are the ones who are able to see the orange? because its Blue and white for me :|
AKMU / IU
TimKim0713
Profile Joined June 2012
Korea (South)221 Posts
August 02 2013 06:03 GMT
#70
On August 02 2013 09:45 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 06:53 TimKim0713 wrote:
Poll: Are U Color blind?

no (48)
 
74%

yes (17)
 
26%

65 total votes

Your vote: Are U Color blind?

(Vote): no
(Vote): yes



Misclicked no on my phone. results are ruined!


oh no!
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 06:39:19
August 02 2013 06:39 GMT
#71
On August 02 2013 10:20 shin_toss wrote:
Tried this and looks cool to the eyes. But still going for green/red. Also does the color blind people are the ones who are able to see the orange? because its Blue and white for me :|

Er...

I'd highly recommend looking at some internet colour blindness tests.

Actually, first try adjusting your camera gamma/constrast settings.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
August 02 2013 08:21 GMT
#72
On August 02 2013 06:59 teuthida wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 06:43 opisska wrote:

Do you understand that you are not making any sense? In my post, I asked, why would people use that feature, so why are you telling me that I don't know that the feature exists?

So again:

suppose I am green/red colorbllind. Why would I switch the colors from red/blue into "team colors", which happen to be green and red and then wait for three years for Blizzard to come up with a "colorblind" scheme, when I could the whole time, with a single clilck of a button, switch back into red/blue, which happens to be very similiar to the "new" orangle/blue scheme?


That didn't help with the building grid colors, and in team games having all allies one color and enemies one other (instead of 4 different colors) is useful (for me at least). Also I hope streamers take advantage of this, mirror matches with red/green colors are so hard to follow...

eta: honestly the building grid is the biggest deal for me over actual player colors, but different people probably have different experiences with that.


I tried once playing team games with the team colour settings ... whooo, that was bad! I find it very useful to be able to discriminate units from different enemies for several reasons, mainly because I could much better "feel" the distribution of their forces, knowing where are their bases and where do the units come from and where they go. But thinking about team games, I really see how this could be a big deal, because some of the 8 colours for 4v4s are difficult to quickly tell even for me.

And yes, the "x"s in the building grid are very nice, I like them even though I can see the colour. They alert me faster when building something stupidly, which is a good thing.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
August 04 2013 19:13 GMT
#73
On August 02 2013 06:43 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 06:03 Existor wrote:
I completely don't understand this topic. Can someone tell me, what is the big difference betweem blue/orange and the really default blue/red on ladder?

With blue-red you also have green-red, where you are always green and enemy is always red (in team games allies are also yellow).

Many of players, from what I saw on forums, wanted to change their color a bit more, because theya re tired with green as default color. Right now it's possible to change green-yellow-red scheme to blue-cyan-orange.

opisska
This thread was created for players like you that don't know about such small features, like alternate green-red colors in ladder (button near minimap).


Do you understand that you are not making any sense? In my post, I asked, why would people use that feature, so why are you telling me that I don't know that the feature exists?

So again:

suppose I am green/red colorbllind. Why would I switch the colors from red/blue into "team colors", which happen to be green and red and then wait for three years for Blizzard to come up with a "colorblind" scheme, when I could the whole time, with a single clilck of a button, switch back into red/blue, which happens to be very similiar to the "new" orangle/blue scheme?

Also you switch between red and blue without team color settings. This way you are always the same color. Which is much better for some people, especially with contrast on minimap issues.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 07 2014 20:51 GMT
#74
Updated first post with some minimap previews and aesthetic point about Protoss and Terran colors.
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
January 08 2014 00:39 GMT
#75
Am i dump, or is this colour mode even better for competetive play, than the standard one, if you are not afflicted?
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 08 2014 00:50 GMT
#76
Yeah I think I'm going to try the color-blind mode too :D
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
January 08 2014 01:02 GMT
#77
I just wish I could chose the color of me and my opponent freely...
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 08 2014 11:23 GMT
#78
On January 08 2014 09:39 Striker.superfreunde wrote:
Am i dump, or is this colour mode even better for competetive play, than the standard one, if you are not afflicted?

Probably, because blue and orange are more difference colors than blue/red, especially on some dark maps like Alterzim Stronghold
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
January 08 2014 11:31 GMT
#79
On January 08 2014 10:02 JustPassingBy wrote:
I just wish I could chose the color of me and my opponent freely...

Agreed, I wanna be Purple!
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
January 08 2014 11:34 GMT
#80
i actually use this just to change up the colours a little bit lol
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 221
JuggernautJason107
Nina 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 608
White-Ra 168
firebathero 82
910 43
Trap 23
NaDa 16
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0194
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9538
Liquid`Hasu1909
crisheroes1739
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g5990
Liquid`RaSZi5579
Beastyqt815
shahzam474
B2W.Neo264
Pyrionflax157
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS98
ZombieGrub84
IndyStarCraft 79
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream400
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV396
League of Legends
• TFBlade1012
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.