• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:02
CEST 13:02
KST 20:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10836 users

E-sports: How can we improve as a Community? - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 15 2013 18:14 GMT
#21
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
July 15 2013 18:19 GMT
#22
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.

What did I win?
And happy birthday!
Pazuzu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States632 Posts
July 15 2013 18:22 GMT
#23
Great write Alextoss! Love the idea!
"It is because intuition is sometimes right, that we don't know what to do with it"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 15 2013 18:23 GMT
#24
On July 16 2013 03:19 grs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.

What did I win?
And happy birthday!


a reality check and thank you :D bwahaha
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
July 15 2013 18:24 GMT
#25
I admit that I made fun of soccer sometimes. I guess it is part of the competitive feeling for some people of being the best in the world, even if it is just you being the fan of the best game in the world.
Pretty much a global problem based on the way education is run. If we would manage to get rid of that in gaming, then it would be a heavenly deed. Or it would ruin any competitive gaming, as we would be to nice and don't care about winning.
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
July 15 2013 18:25 GMT
#26
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.

Yeah, thats how I feel about it aswell. I like the whole esports idea, and I think 'getting along' will get us alot further than being rude to eachother - but if I only want to watch starcraft, I am only going to watch starcraft. I'd love to see more people come and join the starcrafttrain, but I have no urge to attract more people towards games that I dont follow, or start following it myself even if I already tried to get into it in the past.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 18:33:26
July 15 2013 18:32 GMT
#27
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.

It's not a perfect comparison however. Hockey and football are established enough and have their own world going on. Esport games kind of compete, the bigger games gets the bigger stages, bigger prizepools - I'd say more tournaments, but LoL seems to be going with leagues instead, whereas we have a million single tournaments - and sponsors are starting to lean towards LoL more than sc2 (not too heavily, mind you, but team MVP for example, and I think it was team Light before they abandoned their sc2 team? might not have been them; some lesser known team had a sponsor that didn't want to support their sc2 squad)
Refer to my post.
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
July 15 2013 18:35 GMT
#28
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2
@Axeltoss
Drlemur
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States153 Posts
July 15 2013 18:35 GMT
#29
As a caster, Axeltoss, I think you can do a lot to help -- can you cast SC2 to help the Dota2/LoL players follow the game better?

Likewise, can the Dota2/LoL casters help me watch them? I have the same daunting feeling you mention that I have no idea what is going on when trying to watch the best playing those games. I have even played them, but following the pro game is like trying to jump from bronze to GM in understanding, it's just a different game.

As mainly an SC2 player, I might be biased but I think we're most fun to watch. But if there was a caster who helped me capture the excitement and understanding of the MOBA games, maybe I could watch those to.

At the same time, I think it is very hard to just drop in and watch SC2 if you don't know the game really well. Many of my bronze league level friends have trouble following the cast. I don't think there's any chance I could get a non-player to watch even the best casters from WCS and be able to keep up at all.

Or is the depth of game knowledge in each title just too different to make it accessible to non-experts or across titles? If so, it's going to be hard to build a really big esports community.
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 18:39:39
July 15 2013 18:38 GMT
#30
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.

Esports yo, I guess it's the idea that we're all in the same boat, similar to action sports, for a long time they weren't considered real sports and now they are becoming more and more mainstream, as someone who is an avid follower of snowboarding, I also like to take interest in other action sports like skateboarding, mx, bmx etc. and I don't bash on them.

Edit: Not that you have to like both things, I'm just explaining a possible reason.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 18:39:42
July 15 2013 18:39 GMT
#31
On July 16 2013 03:35 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2


Its not about animosity. You're missing the point he's making.

He's not going to bash other games, but he isn't going to support them either.

Esports isn't a charity, it'll never succeed like the way you're suggesting.

secret - never again
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 15 2013 18:39 GMT
#32
On July 16 2013 03:35 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2


You quoted the wrong guy lol
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
July 15 2013 18:39 GMT
#33
On July 16 2013 03:35 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2

I guess that is basically where we differ. I see no value in the abstract construct "esports". I see games I like to play, like to watch and which I am up to pay money for watching. The idea of esports as an ideal is a mystery to me.
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
July 15 2013 18:46 GMT
#34
It is not up to the community to sell/promote a game. It is up to Blizzard and the Broadcasters. There's nothing wrong with spreading the word about something you like to friends, FB, Twitter etc, but this responsibility is not on the viewers/consumers/whatever. I really dislike this constant call for the community to do the work of others in the name of "esports". I agree that it is toxic to bash other games though. However, nothing wrong with saying Starcraft 2 is the best game out there competitively, and the #1 esport, because the gameplay should speak for itself. I also don't think the sc2 community should be constantly badgered to try other Esport titles.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 15 2013 18:47 GMT
#35
one of the biggest things the sc2 scene can do to encourage this is hopping down off it's high horse. in the past i called league a casual game, having not played it at all, and in a way it is, in that you can hit buttons and kill other bad people and have fun even if you dont know what's going on. but if you actually want to be any good at it there's a ton of knowledge and abilities you need that are very different from those required for sc2. and ive seen or talked to plenty of sc2 pros who play it, with varying levels of seriousness, and are stuck in bronze or silver. some skills transfer over and if you were actually good at sc2 you should have a good understanding of how to approach learning league, but theyre entirely different games and it's entirely possible to be great and one and suck at the other. plus league is the big kid on the playground now. it just seems kinda sad and petty to be sitting there with a quarter of their viewership saying "well at least our game takes skill"

besides broodwar is the only game that is actually hard
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
July 15 2013 18:49 GMT
#36
On July 16 2013 03:47 IdrA wrote:
one of the biggest things the sc2 scene can do to encourage this is hopping down off it's high horse. in the past i called league a casual game, having not played it at all, and in a way it is, in that you can hit buttons and kill other bad people and have fun even if you dont know what's going on. but if you actually want to be any good at it there's a ton of knowledge and abilities you need that are very different from those required for sc2. and ive seen or talked to plenty of sc2 pros who play it, with varying levels of seriousness, and are stuck in bronze or silver. some skills transfer over and if you were actually good at sc2 you should have a good understanding of how to approach learning league, but theyre entirely different games and it's entirely possible to be great and one and suck at the other. plus league is the big kid on the playground now. it just seems kinda sad and petty to be sitting there with a quarter of their viewership saying "well at least our game takes skill"

besides broodwar is the only game that is actually hard

Funny how you quickly hop from one high horse to another between 2 paragraphs
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
July 15 2013 18:49 GMT
#37
On July 16 2013 03:39 grs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:35 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2

I guess that is basically where we differ. I see no value in the abstract construct "esports". I see games I like to play, like to watch and which I am up to pay money for watching. The idea of esports as an ideal is a mystery to me.


A part of this is just helping with exposure. Folks just getting into LoL (have you seen the numbers? a ridiculous amount) might be open to SC2 but just havn't heard of it or know about it or are simply too intimidated. Taking the steps to help educate these people could be huge for the growth of everyone.
@Axeltoss
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 15 2013 18:53 GMT
#38
On July 16 2013 03:47 IdrA wrote:
one of the biggest things the sc2 scene can do to encourage this is hopping down off it's high horse. in the past i called league a casual game, having not played it at all, and in a way it is, in that you can hit buttons and kill other bad people and have fun even if you dont know what's going on. but if you actually want to be any good at it there's a ton of knowledge and abilities you need that are very different from those required for sc2. and ive seen or talked to plenty of sc2 pros who play it, with varying levels of seriousness, and are stuck in bronze or silver. some skills transfer over and if you were actually good at sc2 you should have a good understanding of how to approach learning league, but theyre entirely different games and it's entirely possible to be great and one and suck at the other. plus league is the big kid on the playground now. it just seems kinda sad and petty to be sitting there with a quarter of their viewership saying "well at least our game takes skill"

besides broodwar is the only game that is actually hard

I totally agree and the community could stand to get down off their high horse and stop losing their minds when LoL has an extra row of chairs at the next Dreamhack/MLG. It gets so old and takes the focus away from the matches and players.

Love the dig at the end Greg, never change.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
July 15 2013 18:53 GMT
#39
On July 16 2013 03:47 IdrA wrote:
one of the biggest things the sc2 scene can do to encourage this is hopping down off it's high horse. in the past i called league a casual game, having not played it at all, and in a way it is, in that you can hit buttons and kill other bad people and have fun even if you dont know what's going on. but if you actually want to be any good at it there's a ton of knowledge and abilities you need that are very different from those required for sc2. and ive seen or talked to plenty of sc2 pros who play it, with varying levels of seriousness, and are stuck in bronze or silver. some skills transfer over and if you were actually good at sc2 you should have a good understanding of how to approach learning league, but theyre entirely different games and it's entirely possible to be great and one and suck at the other. plus league is the big kid on the playground now. it just seems kinda sad and petty to be sitting there with a quarter of their viewership saying "well at least our game takes skill"

besides broodwar is the only game that is actually hard

That one last sentence, haha ;D
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
July 15 2013 18:58 GMT
#40
On July 16 2013 03:49 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2013 03:39 grs wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:35 ROOTAxeltoss wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 16 2013 03:12 grs wrote:
Is there a reason people who like Ice Hockey have to like Football? I don't think so. Why is there an urge to unite communities for different games? I like Starcraft, I like Dota and I like LoL. I find fighting games utterly stupid on the other hand. That does not mean I should go around and bash people that like fighting games, but it does also not mean I have to like fighting games, just because I like other games.


winner.

There is no problem about communities. The real issue is some of the toxicity within the games and their communities.
And the disproportion of interest from those at the top.

In my opinion, the gesture is nice, but misplaced.


I'm not certain how relevant this is. Perhaps it's more about once we get there we can bicker. Those examples you mentioned are already successful enough where it doesn't really matter that there might be animosity between them all. With how small esports is compared to those examples, I feel it's quite counter productive to show too much animosity towards other games.

I'm not saying hold hands and play all the games, I'm saying be open to the idea of other games existing and just have a generally more positive outlook on things. What are the things we can do to encourage positivity, rather than negativity?

Perhaps looking at it this way: NFL, NBA, MLB, Esports

Rather than: NFL, NBA, MLB, LoL, SC2, Dota 2

I guess that is basically where we differ. I see no value in the abstract construct "esports". I see games I like to play, like to watch and which I am up to pay money for watching. The idea of esports as an ideal is a mystery to me.


A part of this is just helping with exposure. Folks just getting into LoL (have you seen the numbers? a ridiculous amount) might be open to SC2 but just havn't heard of it or know about it or are simply too intimidated. Taking the steps to help educate these people could be huge for the growth of everyone.


Folks getting into LoL have paid nothing. They have nothing to lose. If they hate it, big deal. 0 dollars spent.

Starcraft 2 is completely different. It's different from other PC games, and its learning curve is extremely steep for those who play multi-player on the ladder. Add to that a $60 price-tag and suddenly, just getting into the game is an investment of more than just time.

We see people come in and out of League of Legends like the revolving door that it is. I don't want that for SC2. It's not a bandwagon and it's definitely not for everyone. It's better that way.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings149
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11115
FanTaSy 1927
Hyuk 830
Horang2 574
BeSt 438
Pusan 241
Stork 207
EffOrt 121
Last 118
Killer 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 111
Mind 108
sorry 73
Hyun 60
ggaemo 58
PianO 47
Snow 46
Bale 37
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 23
Aegong 17
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe288
Counter-Strike
fl0m1555
byalli939
x6flipin245
Other Games
gofns40896
singsing2710
B2W.Neo187
ArmadaUGS82
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 92
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 58m
Replay Cast
11h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.