• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:37
CEST 20:37
KST 03:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8956 users

David Kim comments on Hellbat drops - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
934 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 47 Next All
DustbinBieber
Profile Joined April 2013
France276 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 17:06:06
June 11 2013 17:02 GMT
#361
On June 12 2013 01:32 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 01:27 DustbinBieber wrote:
On June 12 2013 00:15 scypio wrote:
On June 12 2013 00:05 DustbinBieber wrote:
On June 11 2013 18:07 scypio wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:47 doffe wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:43 scypio wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:33 Rabiator wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:26 scypio wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:22 doffe wrote:
[quote]

who are you to say the game is balanced? I think people way to often mix up balance with winratios in a certain matchup. if TvZ is 50/50 winratio and all the terrangames are high supply mmmm wins and all the zergwins are roach-bane busts is the game balanced? Surely in winratio but is it an actual proper balance? Is it the kind of balance we want?

I am not saying this is the case though, it was just an example and to make it even more silly what if all P wins vs zerg would be 50min voidray, collosi archon and all zergwins where 7pools would we want that kind of balance even if the winratio was even?


I am someone who likes the performance-based balance approach. Here we go:


WCS Premier Season 2 Europe
optimal: 11 11 10
actual 12P 10T 10Z

WCS Premier Season 2 Korea
optimal: 11 11 10
actual 10P 8T 14Z

Premier tournaments winners
optimal: 3 2 2
actual 3T 3Z 1P

Premier tournaments finalists
optimal: 4 5 5
actual 4P 5Z 5T


This looks close enough for me.

I guess you dont like to watch games and are only interested in the results then? Personally I am more a "the way you get there is the most important bit" kind of guy and winning through mainly Hellbat drops is more boring than a long drawn out game with strategic positions held, threatened and overrun ... you know, games which require STRATEGY to win. Hellbats dont give that same level of excitement+ Show Spoiler +
and in a sense they are like premature ejaculation ... the game is over far too quickly
.


I watch the games and I'd like them to get better. Having this kind of stats however makes me think that "hey, let's nerf Terran" approach is not the way to go, as the results are way to close for that.

And every "solution" to this problem is essentially a terran nerf, whereas the results show that it would be unreasonable.


The results doesn't show anything of the sort. They don't in any way show that a small tweek to make early hellbat drops weaker would lower the terran winratios. Again, ZvP winratios where close to 50% in WoL and noone could ever claim that infestor BL didn't need nerfs.

And whatever blizzard decides the tweaks should be small, messing around to much is never a good thing


I disagree. Balance is based purely on numbers and game quality is based on everything else.

Fast tech into harassment builds have a very small timing windows in TvZ and TvP, you need to do damage with your high tech units (read: hellbats) before the tech/eco or both kick in for the opponent. Making even a small adjustment will have major impact on size of these timing windows.

Probably Terran could survive without such builds in TvP/TvZ but I enjoy the variety.


What a disgraceful thing to say.


I don't get it... so do you think that a game with 50% winrates for every race and equal distribution among top tournament participants/winners may be imbalanced? What the hell...

It may be dull / boring / coinflippy and it may be unwatchable. But none of these things affect balance. Balance is pure numbers.


Anyone who's done a little math knows that leaving things to chance always more or less ends up with a 50/50 situation.
Try flipping a coin constantly during two straight hours, you'll end up with a surprisingly close number of heads and tails.


yeah, that's why we call coinflipping a balanced game (50:50).
But leaving everything to chance does not lead to balanced games usually. Try this game: roll a die, by 1 you win, by 2-6 you lose. We left it to chance. It's not balanced.

What's your point?


Read the entire conversation, I was trying to say that a 50/50 winrate doesn't necessarily prove balance, and that balance shouldn't be defined by such a thing.
SC2 is very volatile and as a consequence enjoys very balanced-looking winrates, but it still has huge design flaws and relies a lot on luck, sometimes more than it relies on skill.
BW wasn't volatile at all and had, at some points, some horrid looking winrates (below 30%), it's still widely is considered to be the most balanced RTS game that's ever existed.

Winrates aren't balance. Design, gameplay elegance and skill-rewarding mechanics are.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
June 11 2013 17:03 GMT
#362
On June 12 2013 02:01 Buddy168 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 11:11 Gahlo wrote:
On June 11 2013 10:52 SoOJuuu wrote:
took them long enough to figuire it out.
sigh
better late then never.

I think it's fine. It's always good to let a metagame settle and see if the community can solve its own issues. Better than having a company patch the game at such a reactionary pace that it takes the innovation out of its players.


Does that mean we should bring back BL/Infestor and just let players work it out? :O

Please say it's so.

I think we let players "work out" Bl/Infestor for the better part of a year to no avail.
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 17:04:31
June 11 2013 17:03 GMT
#363
I just dont understand people that don't get why the medivac can heal the hellbat. The reason is because if they can't, then there is only storms and colossi left to kill them in a timely fashion, both of which are fairly weak against tanks. Hellbats would walk over protoss armies without the bio tag. It's especially hilarious when protoss players want to buff the hellbat yet think they're nerfing it.

About hellbat drops, well I still think this is being blown out of proportions. Terran players that want to defend hellbats rather than going offensive hellbats themselves can quite easily do that. Infact it's quite easy to scout it coming and prevent the hellbats from droppping in the mineral line. So yeah, while I thought initially hellbat drops were a problem in TvT I learned to actually deal with them. A positive thing too is that 1 base play can be countered quite similarly, with vikings and WMs(admittedly that leaves Luci's thor opening still strong).

For TvP and TvZ I still don't understand why people are complaining. Both is mech a lot weaker than bio in the MUs, but both races also have quite decent defense against them. Also hellbat drops can be quite dangerous and open yourself up to allins, since non-hellbat units willl be late.

I'd certainly hope if they are going to be touching the unit, they'd focus more on keeping it away from bio play, rather than nerfing it straight up.
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
June 11 2013 17:03 GMT
#364
On June 11 2013 18:42 fenrysk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 13:05 Waxangel wrote:
fix the medivac, not the hellbat

harassment has become so easy it's no longer impressive


I'm with Wax on this.

Compared against the WoL Blue Flame Hellion drops, the hellbat threat pretty much lies in the fact that medivac boost allows high speed pick up and re-drop of hellbats to the escaping scv clusters, even if scvs are pulled and split (which is the proper response to a unit as slow as the hellbat, but with the current availability of boost technology, the hellbat's natural weakness of slow speed is nullified), where as in WoL, because of the speed nerfs to medivacs early in WoL, hellion drops relied on the hellion's own ground speed for chasing down workers, and thus could be defended passively by simcity or using other units to block. The power of the re-drop within the main on selective targets is so powerful that soft-counters like marauders and tanks die because of the quick surrounds made available by medivac boosts. the fact that hellbats receive healing with their bio tag is only icing on the problem.

Perhaps disable the medivac boost ability if there are any mechanical units in the medivac?
It would but more risk on the attacker, because you couldn't always hot-pickup out of the drop zone.
However a noticeable con to this solution is that it endangers a lot of current battlefield tactics that revolve around hellbat drops on the battlefront (ie boosting to drop within or behind a cluster of bio units in all Terran matchups). Such drops would theoretically still be possible but would be significantly more vulnerable to anti-air units like marines, hydras, and stalkers...
But then perhaps it would encourage more direct pushes with hellbats that would actually make use of it's bio tag.

I think that a pre-igniter change will help, but won't solve the core problem.


It was impressive in WoL because it got to the point of being almost impossible. Harassment isn't meant to be impressive. It's meant to be a viable tactic. Multi pronged harassment while simultaneously winning central engagements due to control/positioning is impressive. Defending said harassment while winning central engagements is impressive.

Drops themselves were never impressive.
rikter
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
June 11 2013 17:05 GMT
#365
I dunno, I play Terran and I really like TvT in HotS. WoL seemed to be all about the slow tank push, I find the new game to be more exciting and dynamic. Hellbat drops are annoying, but by the time it comes you should have SOMETHING to deal with it. Hellions can kit the hellbats all day, and you SHOULD have a viking out to deny the medivac...if you dont have a viking then you have a banshee that can kill hellbats, or a medivac to load up to go backstab the other guy, or some marines and marauders

I think the 4 hellion drop is superior to the hellbat drop anyways, the hellions are faster and you can let them in on the edge of the base. They can catch up to the scvs when they try and run. The hellion drop comes earlier as well. Plus your hellions are useful for defending against hellbats in general, and most anti hellbat static D focuses on preventing the medi from lingering near the mineral line, so by dropping on the edge and running in you totally neutralize their turrets.

No one wants a box of shit, even if it is for Christmas.
scypio
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland2127 Posts
June 11 2013 17:15 GMT
#366
On June 12 2013 02:01 Buddy168 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 11:11 Gahlo wrote:
On June 11 2013 10:52 SoOJuuu wrote:
took them long enough to figuire it out.
sigh
better late then never.

I think it's fine. It's always good to let a metagame settle and see if the community can solve its own issues. Better than having a company patch the game at such a reactionary pace that it takes the innovation out of its players.


Does that mean we should bring back BL/Infestor and just let players work it out? :O

Please say it's so.


This does not work out this way. Blizzard did not like the ghost-based late-game TvZ so they nerfed ghosts - even thou TvZ was fine in terms of numbers. They did it again with the queen + ov patch and nerfed the Terran into oblivion (last terran Code S victory in May 2012).

This means we do not nerf a balanced race unless we want BL/festor back. Or festor/ultra, or ultra/viper or whatever composition may evolve from lack of successful harass.
I play random | I like Hots | INnoVation | sOs | Tefel TOP1!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
June 11 2013 17:19 GMT
#367
On June 12 2013 02:02 DustbinBieber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 01:32 Big J wrote:
On June 12 2013 01:27 DustbinBieber wrote:
On June 12 2013 00:15 scypio wrote:
On June 12 2013 00:05 DustbinBieber wrote:
On June 11 2013 18:07 scypio wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:47 doffe wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:43 scypio wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:33 Rabiator wrote:
On June 11 2013 17:26 scypio wrote:
[quote]

I am someone who likes the performance-based balance approach. Here we go:


WCS Premier Season 2 Europe
optimal: 11 11 10
actual 12P 10T 10Z

WCS Premier Season 2 Korea
optimal: 11 11 10
actual 10P 8T 14Z

Premier tournaments winners
optimal: 3 2 2
actual 3T 3Z 1P

Premier tournaments finalists
optimal: 4 5 5
actual 4P 5Z 5T


This looks close enough for me.

I guess you dont like to watch games and are only interested in the results then? Personally I am more a "the way you get there is the most important bit" kind of guy and winning through mainly Hellbat drops is more boring than a long drawn out game with strategic positions held, threatened and overrun ... you know, games which require STRATEGY to win. Hellbats dont give that same level of excitement+ Show Spoiler +
and in a sense they are like premature ejaculation ... the game is over far too quickly
.


I watch the games and I'd like them to get better. Having this kind of stats however makes me think that "hey, let's nerf Terran" approach is not the way to go, as the results are way to close for that.

And every "solution" to this problem is essentially a terran nerf, whereas the results show that it would be unreasonable.


The results doesn't show anything of the sort. They don't in any way show that a small tweek to make early hellbat drops weaker would lower the terran winratios. Again, ZvP winratios where close to 50% in WoL and noone could ever claim that infestor BL didn't need nerfs.

And whatever blizzard decides the tweaks should be small, messing around to much is never a good thing


I disagree. Balance is based purely on numbers and game quality is based on everything else.

Fast tech into harassment builds have a very small timing windows in TvZ and TvP, you need to do damage with your high tech units (read: hellbats) before the tech/eco or both kick in for the opponent. Making even a small adjustment will have major impact on size of these timing windows.

Probably Terran could survive without such builds in TvP/TvZ but I enjoy the variety.


What a disgraceful thing to say.


I don't get it... so do you think that a game with 50% winrates for every race and equal distribution among top tournament participants/winners may be imbalanced? What the hell...

It may be dull / boring / coinflippy and it may be unwatchable. But none of these things affect balance. Balance is pure numbers.


Anyone who's done a little math knows that leaving things to chance always more or less ends up with a 50/50 situation.
Try flipping a coin constantly during two straight hours, you'll end up with a surprisingly close number of heads and tails.


yeah, that's why we call coinflipping a balanced game (50:50).
But leaving everything to chance does not lead to balanced games usually. Try this game: roll a die, by 1 you win, by 2-6 you lose. We left it to chance. It's not balanced.

What's your point?


Read the entire conversation, I was trying to say that a 50/50 winrate doesn't necessarily prove balance, and that balance shouldn't be defined by such a thing.
SC2 is very volatile and as a consequence enjoys very balanced-looking winrates, but it still has huge design flaws and relies a lot on luck, sometimes more than it relies on skill.
BW wasn't volatile at all and had, at some points, some horrid looking winrates (below 30%), it's still widely is considered to be the most balanced RTS game that's ever existed.

Winrates aren't balance. Design, gameplay elegance and skill-rewarding mechanics are.


No, that's not balance. Balance is balance. Design is design.
That's why we distinguish those terms to begin with.
50:50 is balanced
MrGh0st
Profile Joined March 2013
United States35 Posts
June 11 2013 17:22 GMT
#368
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...
HOW THICK WAS THE GLASS?!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 11 2013 17:25 GMT
#369
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...

Like SCVs, that are made out of the CC and are clearly a robot miner that can be healed and repaired at the same time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ImperialFist
Profile Joined April 2013
790 Posts
June 11 2013 17:25 GMT
#370
I have never lost to hellbat drops ever, sure it's harder in TvT but there is absolutley no problem to defend it if you prepare, late game zerg and protoss can easily deal with hellbats, terran who lack solid static defence need senstor towers and strategically placed upgraded turrets to deal with it, which actually isn't hard to set up.
"In the name of Holy Terra I challenge, Take up arms, for the Emperor’s Justice falls on you!"
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
June 11 2013 17:26 GMT
#371
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...


How is a guy in a welding suit both biological and mechanical then? maybe you want to tell me?
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
June 11 2013 17:29 GMT
#372
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I've got a decent idea to help fix the situation.

1. Caduceus reactor- make this a required upgrade to allow the medivacs to heal hellbats. It only makes sense to me that an upgrade be required to heal a unit that is spawned from a factory. This would help in defending those early drops that somehow beat anything except a bunker in the mineral line with turrets for support.

2. Modify the burst damage so that the blue-flame upgrade allows for the bonus damage. Meaning, it would be more difficult to singe mineral lines early in the game.


TL+ Member
MrGh0st
Profile Joined March 2013
United States35 Posts
June 11 2013 17:30 GMT
#373
On June 12 2013 02:26 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...


How is a guy in a welding suit both biological and mechanical then? maybe you want to tell me?


By that logic, the Thor is just a guy in a really big welding suit.

Hey! Maybe they'll make Thors Biological in the next patch
HOW THICK WAS THE GLASS?!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 17:31:45
June 11 2013 17:31 GMT
#374
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...



Easy to explain. The hellion has biological interior (the driver kind of connects himself to the car). The transformation turns parts of them to the outside. The medivac can heal those parts.
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
June 11 2013 17:35 GMT
#375
On June 12 2013 02:31 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...



Easy to explain. The hellion has biological interior (the driver kind of connects himself to the car). The transformation turns parts of them to the outside. The medivac can heal those parts.

Yet it becomes more durable. So we can conclude that Hellions have armor that's weaker then human flesh. Buff hellions
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 11 2013 17:35 GMT
#376
On June 12 2013 02:31 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...



Easy to explain. The hellion has biological interior (the driver kind of connects himself to the car). The transformation turns parts of them to the outside. The medivac can heal those parts.

Forget all that shit. WHY DO MUTALISK FLY THEIR WINGS IN SPACE?

All your demands for logic in this game a rendered null.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 17:40:35
June 11 2013 17:39 GMT
#377
On June 12 2013 02:35 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 02:31 Big J wrote:
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...



Easy to explain. The hellion has biological interior (the driver kind of connects himself to the car). The transformation turns parts of them to the outside. The medivac can heal those parts.

Yet it becomes more durable. So we can conclude that Hellions have armor that's weaker then human flesh. Buff hellions


Because it is in a less volatile form? You can't kill a hellbat by scratching a wheel or breaking an axle. And due to not even trying to move fast it can concentrate its more durable parts to serve as armor, instead of trying to be as aeordynamical as possible.

On June 12 2013 02:35 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 02:31 Big J wrote:
On June 12 2013 02:22 MrGh0st wrote:
Can someone just tell me "You're an idiot" if I am, but am I insane for thinking that a fucking MECHANICAL ground unit made from a FACTORY should not be BIOLOGICAL.

I guess David Kim could say "There's a dude inside the Hellbat"...

Then by this logic I suppose Thors will be Biological/heal-able by Medivacs soon enough...



Easy to explain. The hellion has biological interior (the driver kind of connects himself to the car). The transformation turns parts of them to the outside. The medivac can heal those parts.

Forget all that shit. WHY DO MUTALISK FLY THEIR WINGS IN SPACE?

All your demands for logic in this game a rendered null.


because they are stupid and don't understand that they could fly without doing so
iGn1t3
Profile Joined May 2011
Hong Kong73 Posts
June 11 2013 17:41 GMT
#378
Very good change. The cost of Hellbat drop is almost irrelevant when compared when how early and much damage it can do. See what Innovation did to Alive in game 3. Not to mention about the bm mule.
I lose today to win tomorrow.
superpanda27
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
111 Posts
June 11 2013 17:45 GMT
#379
On June 11 2013 18:49 Sapphire.lux wrote:
How about an upgrade requirement for medivac boost instead?


So require tech lab to research the medivac boost upgrade?
Pure Intention
Profile Joined April 2013
Russian Federation18 Posts
June 11 2013 17:46 GMT
#380
It's not just about balance, it's that every TvT now starts with hellbat drops, because it's easy to execute, not very punishable and it leads to mech terran, which is better than bio, especially if you was succesfull with your drops early game.

Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM840
TaKeTV 328
TKL 328
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 840
TKL 328
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 173
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 85
EmSc Tv 21
JuggernautJason17
MindelVK 15
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 723
ggaemo 175
White-Ra 124
firebathero 118
910 60
Barracks 50
Hyun 37
Trap 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 15
soO 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4123
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7048
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1513
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3701
singsing1496
Beastyqt737
ceh9678
B2W.Neo462
ArmadaUGS156
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe90
Trikslyr54
Dewaltoss36
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream463
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2439
• TFBlade874
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.