• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:55
CEST 04:55
KST 11:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9750 users

Battle.net Desktop Client (Internal Testing) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
June 04 2013 10:28 GMT
#21
On June 04 2013 18:35 fusefuse wrote:
This way they can embed streams in their desktop client :o

hell yus

I didn't think of that... Clever, very clever.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
ThatGuyDoMo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia516 Posts
June 04 2013 10:31 GMT
#22
This looks SICK

Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
June 04 2013 10:58 GMT
#23
looks very neat!!! now every blizz game can read news about wcs!! and i also hope for some embedded wcs stream
yo
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
June 04 2013 11:01 GMT
#24
On June 04 2013 18:57 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 18:45 Kokosaft wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:35 fusefuse wrote:
This way they can embed streams in their desktop client :o

hell yus


this.

otherwise i wonder if they will add other games ( maybe only activison games ). i'd expect them to excluzively use it for blizz games though


Or maybe Valve and Blizzard team up and Blizzard runs their client as some sort of associated client to Steam. (Like there is some kind of main (but optional) connection between the two to mergin gaming experiences. DotA2 and SC can be like STEP Brothers!. Suddenly Blizzard mapmaking community getting a custom game maker influx from the massive valve related modding community! This leads to the true return of SNIPERZ and someone makes the entire dragonball saga ala TWC or Mission to Namek!

Also, entire steam community gets both dota 2 and sc2! New viewers and players!. Best part is, since Valve competitive community = CS, they already can be just as elitist and snobbish as SC community can be....No wait...it could be an elitism multiplier! Oh shit think There will be a elitism about elitism...elitists elitiziing their own elitizim to set their elite status appart from other elite statuses based solely on how elite they are!.

This must happen for the sake of all that is good and righteous in this world. If not, what do we have left to live for?


After reading this, I think I need to lie down. Oh dear.
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
June 04 2013 11:08 GMT
#25
Actually looks really nice. Hopefully it functions well.

Personally I'm not particularly bothered by all these launcher programs. My PC can handle these things pretty easily and I don't find them inconvenient at all.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
June 04 2013 11:19 GMT
#26
I hope they won't slow down the time needed to get into a game.
That being said, maybe they can move a lot from the in-game menu and more rooms for other things like customisation limitation?
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Maxil
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11 Posts
June 04 2013 11:26 GMT
#27
What I would really like is to be able to go directly into a game from here. Like click a SC2 tab which takes you to a screen where you can choose a race, then choose what type of game you want to play. They link you to opponents via launcher and game opens directly to map load.

Savage88
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany132 Posts
June 04 2013 12:02 GMT
#28
Can this please stop? I'm already forced to use Steam, Origin and uPlay...
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 12:13:35
June 04 2013 12:13 GMT
#29
Microtransactions, imbedded streams, and a WCS hub, as well as being able to finally fucking be able to have all your real ids across all servers. Im all for this change, so long as sc2switcher.exe still works ;p
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 12:31:44
June 04 2013 12:31 GMT
#30
On June 04 2013 19:16 Targe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 19:07 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
On June 04 2013 19:00 Kokosaft wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:57 Targe wrote:
Why would Blizz team with Valve with Blizzard Allstars coming out?


why would valve team up with blizz when dominating the digital distribution market for pc games ?


Great questions! Thanks for the response. Now shut up and listen to my revelation.

1. Blizzard does not effect valves digital distribution domination. Valve will never sell or control blizzards IP's, and I doubt 3rd party devs want to regularly deal with activitison when it comes to developing IPs. Also, this cross promotion could be limited to SC2.

2. Blizzard all-stars is not targeted as an "esport" afaik. It could be the Gun-game, to valves De_dust2. They would get some attention as a hot and sexy alternative to Dota2 for a short while. which is better in valves eyes then boosting up LoL populations.

3. Im a genius with an I.Q. of infinity. My logic is flawless even if you can not comprhend my greatness. You may worship me, I will not stop you. But I will not listen for I cannot hear you over my blasting of Jock Jams Volume 4.

Wat.

Blizzard Allstars will directly contend with Dota 2 for popularity, Valve wouldn't support that, Valve doesn't share the same hate for LoL as the SC2 community and their Dota 2 player base will not be threatened by LoL as the majority of Dota 2 players who will actually purchase items will look down on LoL.

3. Is funny.


I have seen more hate toward LoL from Dota community than SC.
roym899
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany426 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 12:41:39
June 04 2013 12:41 GMT
#31
I like it because it may bring more people into SC2 when there are sales like there are in steam.
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
June 04 2013 13:30 GMT
#32
Is this like Steam where you can update your profile?
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
June 04 2013 13:35 GMT
#33
On June 04 2013 20:08 Brett wrote:
Actually looks really nice. Hopefully it functions well.

Personally I'm not particularly bothered by all these launcher programs. My PC can handle these things pretty easily and I don't find them inconvenient at all.


That's not the problem, but the accounts you have to make. Right now I have Steam, GoG and Blizzard. I'm not making anymore accounts. If a game is released outside of those, I'm not buying it.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
MrGh0st
Profile Joined March 2013
United States35 Posts
June 04 2013 14:08 GMT
#34
SWEET!

Maybe after Blizzard gets all their games on one central Digital Distribution platform, they can flood it with shitty side-scrolling platformer Indie games!

HOORAY!
HOW THICK WAS THE GLASS?!
monkh
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
June 04 2013 14:15 GMT
#35
On June 04 2013 18:30 Sissors wrote:
I dislike it with Steam, I dislike it with Origin (Although I am part of the minority who rather has Origin than Steam as lesser of two evils), and I will dislike it with battle.net if you have to use it to use SC2.



How is Origin the lesser of the 2 evils?


I hope new Blizzard desktop client is more like a LoL client than Steam so I'm able to queue from desktop not load an unneeded bulky menu system.
Daeden.620
kidrobotx
Profile Joined March 2013
United States7 Posts
June 04 2013 14:18 GMT
#36
Does this mean we're one step closer to having a B.net chat client?
fuck the police
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 14:23:23
June 04 2013 14:22 GMT
#37
On June 04 2013 21:31 Wildmoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 19:16 Targe wrote:
On June 04 2013 19:07 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
On June 04 2013 19:00 Kokosaft wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:57 Targe wrote:
Why would Blizz team with Valve with Blizzard Allstars coming out?


why would valve team up with blizz when dominating the digital distribution market for pc games ?


Great questions! Thanks for the response. Now shut up and listen to my revelation.

1. Blizzard does not effect valves digital distribution domination. Valve will never sell or control blizzards IP's, and I doubt 3rd party devs want to regularly deal with activitison when it comes to developing IPs. Also, this cross promotion could be limited to SC2.

2. Blizzard all-stars is not targeted as an "esport" afaik. It could be the Gun-game, to valves De_dust2. They would get some attention as a hot and sexy alternative to Dota2 for a short while. which is better in valves eyes then boosting up LoL populations.

3. Im a genius with an I.Q. of infinity. My logic is flawless even if you can not comprhend my greatness. You may worship me, I will not stop you. But I will not listen for I cannot hear you over my blasting of Jock Jams Volume 4.

Wat.

Blizzard Allstars will directly contend with Dota 2 for popularity, Valve wouldn't support that, Valve doesn't share the same hate for LoL as the SC2 community and their Dota 2 player base will not be threatened by LoL as the majority of Dota 2 players who will actually purchase items will look down on LoL.

3. Is funny.


I have seen more hate toward LoL from Dota community than SC.


I'm talking about Valve as a company, not the Dota community, Valve obviously don't share that hate.

On June 04 2013 23:15 monkh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 18:30 Sissors wrote:
I dislike it with Steam, I dislike it with Origin (Although I am part of the minority who rather has Origin than Steam as lesser of two evils), and I will dislike it with battle.net if you have to use it to use SC2.



How is Origin the lesser of the 2 evils?


I hope new Blizzard desktop client is more like a LoL client than Steam so I'm able to queue from desktop not load an unneeded bulky menu system.



No way! God I hate the LoL system of doing things.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Sissors
Profile Joined March 2012
1395 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 14:28:25
June 04 2013 14:27 GMT
#38
On June 04 2013 23:15 monkh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 18:30 Sissors wrote:
I dislike it with Steam, I dislike it with Origin (Although I am part of the minority who rather has Origin than Steam as lesser of two evils), and I will dislike it with battle.net if you have to use it to use SC2.



How is Origin the lesser of the 2 evils?


I hope new Blizzard desktop client is more like a LoL client than Steam so I'm able to queue from desktop not load an unneeded bulky menu system.

Because I have had less issues with Origin preventing me from playing than steam. Both are unnecesary, but my experience is that Steam is more often irritating me with for example updates. I dislike that I need Origin, but imo it is more a background program than Steam.
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
June 04 2013 14:32 GMT
#39
On June 04 2013 23:27 Sissors wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 23:15 monkh wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:30 Sissors wrote:
I dislike it with Steam, I dislike it with Origin (Although I am part of the minority who rather has Origin than Steam as lesser of two evils), and I will dislike it with battle.net if you have to use it to use SC2.



How is Origin the lesser of the 2 evils?


I hope new Blizzard desktop client is more like a LoL client than Steam so I'm able to queue from desktop not load an unneeded bulky menu system.

Because I have had less issues with Origin preventing me from playing than steam. Both are unnecesary, but my experience is that Steam is more often irritating me with for example updates. I dislike that I need Origin, but imo it is more a background program than Steam.


It takes a little work but steam and valve games in particular are some of the most open-to-the-user games out right now. I used to hate steam, and there are some faults, but the good stuff way outweighs the bad imo. I mean, their sales alone justify steam for me. Getting a relatively new game for 70% off around the time of a big release cycle is nuts.
GhostFiber
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia88 Posts
June 04 2013 14:37 GMT
#40
On June 04 2013 18:57 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Or maybe Valve and Blizzard team up and Blizzard runs their client as some sort of associated client to Steam.


Blizzard are in short supply of friends if you haven't noticed. Valve certainly aren't buddies.

If you know the relationship Valve has had with Activision/Vivendi, you will know this will never ever happen.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10576
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1144
NeuroSwarm198
febbydoto17
League of Legends
Doublelift5452
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 248
minikerr47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King262
hungrybox119
Other Games
summit1g9411
Maynarde241
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 209
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo726
• Rush264
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 5m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.