• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:20
CEST 21:20
KST 04:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7474 users

[SPL Interview] EGTL vs CJ R5 (Jaedong & HerO)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-11 23:13:33
May 11 2013 22:20 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Updated with full translation.

Q: You two today have 4 wins combined.

Jaedong: I thought we would have a start of improving after R4. Recently I feel that SPL is not an easy thing. But this time, it's another proof that overcoming another difficulties will produce good results. I know I still have weaknesses, I'm improving. A while back, I did a lot of physical exercise and paid too much attention to things outside gaming. Recently, I'm focusing on the game. Anyway, we won today, so I will need to pay more attention to the game.

Q: Your 250 wins.

Jaedong: I try to not think about it. Hero and other teammates are great. So I will show my strength too.

Q: What do you think about your 250 wins.

Jaedong: I don't have any particular thought. 250 wins is not a big deal. I will be emotional if I can get 300 wins. So I will have to move forward.

Q: So you [HerO] have finally overcome the curse of Yongsan [the OGN studio]?

HerO: The chair problem is solved. [OGN studio had a renovation and changed booths]. I can focus more on the game than before. I think I won because of the chair (laugh). Although it's made in China, overall it fits and is comfortable.

Q: You [HerO] have the upper-hand against herO.

HerO: Before the day I two-killed him, we didn't play any games. But I won him twice that day. After that day, I have been very lucky, but I don't want to face him anymore. herO is not an easy opponent. It's just I was lucky.

Q : Today you [HerO] and herO have a mirror opening.

HerO: I didn't believe it either. He didn't scout, so I was like "it can't be......No way".

Q: Is your build today the famous 5:10 Oracle build?

HerO: I didn't pay attention to the minute mark. I was hit by herO's oracle harassment. So I canceled the first oracle. So it's later than 5:10.

Q: Why your ZvP [Jaedong] is not good?

Jaedong: My weaknesses are still severe. It's true my televised ZvP games are bad. But actually it's not like that in practice. My ZvP is above average. I have been working hard to break away from the image of weak ZvP. This problem is totally solvable. So everyone, don't worry.

Q: You are better than you were in Round 2.

HerO: I was playing against INnoVation. I prepared many stuffs, but I failed to show it back then. So I play games only with my instinct. So I worked hard to improve this after that.

Q: Next match is against Woongjin.

Jaedong: Woongjin is the first, but I think we will win. Although everyone says Woongjin is strong, we always have the upper-hand against them. Last time we won too, so we will take it.

HerO: Although we won today, we can't relax. If we practice with full efforts, we will win.

Q: Your teammate Revival has a losing streak of 9 games.

Jaedong: I gave him many advices. He lost today maybe because of the opener that I recommended to him. I gave him many advices on the opening. Revival completely trusts me. I feel very sorry. 9-games losing streak is too much... I think I should not recommend any opening to him after today.

Q: Last words?

Jaedong: [...]Recently, I think about things very far in the future. I'm working hard on StarCraft. So please my fans, don't worry about the results at the moment. It would become burdens for me. Some people say, it's very disappointed that people who are good at SC1 are not good at SC2. Before the end of this year, I will practice hard to make my satisfied. So no matter the result is good or bad, I will accept it then.

Also, I hope fans can pay more attention to Heart of the Swarm. Now, coming to the OGN venue can hardly make me exciting like the old days. The environment in the studio influences many things. Of course, it's not just me, all players are working hard. The quality of the game is improving as well. HOTS is very fun to play. You will know when you play it. So please, don't only watch games online, come to the venue more. I hope there is more opportunity to interact with fans.

[image loading]

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=351194&extra=page=3
WikidSik
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada382 Posts
May 11 2013 22:22 GMT
#2
awwwwwwww they look so cuuuuuuuute <3
Iv been here for 5.5 years. My other accounts are named "Sonu" and "Dalroti" || I had some more but I cant find them XD || known in sc2 as "Sonu"
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 11 2013 22:23 GMT
#3
JD seems so well spoken. I wish more pros were like that
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
May 11 2013 22:24 GMT
#4
Thanks Larse. Would be nice if more people went to the studio :[
Refer to my post.
Beirut
Profile Joined January 2011
United States673 Posts
May 11 2013 22:25 GMT
#5
Things seem like they're looking up for JD, hoping he transitions to Flash's level and comes back into prominence.
ne0lith
Profile Joined August 2011
537 Posts
May 11 2013 22:25 GMT
#6
rly cul speaks from dong
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
May 11 2013 22:25 GMT
#7
Awwwww Jd <3

That venue is pretty far though... :p
LiquipediaWanderer
WIllBIll
Profile Joined June 2011
590 Posts
May 11 2013 22:26 GMT
#8
On May 12 2013 07:23 chipmonklord17 wrote:
JD seems so well spoken. I wish more pros were like that


It helps that he's been interviewed a lot more than most in his time, so it makes sense that he's better at it ya know.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
May 11 2013 22:26 GMT
#9
thanks for translation! Interesting to see that his ZvP isn't as bad in practice so I wonder why he doesn't play as well televised lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Sliver
Profile Joined April 2010
United States402 Posts
May 11 2013 22:29 GMT
#10
How empty is the studio on an average day? JD seems concerned.
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
May 11 2013 22:31 GMT
#11
I think the title's a bit of a spoiler...
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
zerotol
Profile Joined August 2009
Belgium508 Posts
May 11 2013 22:32 GMT
#12
I just feel that he makes terrible decisions in ZVP. I constantly see him doing akward swarm host to late or just not as the right tactical option. His mechanics are still topnotch though.
Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
May 11 2013 22:35 GMT
#13
this should be Jaedong interview. HerO barely said anything.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 11 2013 22:35 GMT
#14
" please come to the studio "

come on korea
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
May 11 2013 22:36 GMT
#15
On May 12 2013 07:35 ninjamyst wrote:
this should be Jaedong interview. HerO barely said anything.

It literally doesn't change anything. Put your monocle down.
Refer to my post.
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
May 11 2013 22:38 GMT
#16
thx a lot but next time plz do not put names in titles
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
May 11 2013 22:48 GMT
#17
translate HerO's answers please
krutopatkin
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany2612 Posts
May 11 2013 22:49 GMT
#18
They look like a cute couple
Ender2701
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States581 Posts
May 11 2013 22:52 GMT
#19


It has to be so disheartening for these BW pros to see the studio empty nowadays
Ender2701
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States581 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-11 22:55:57
May 11 2013 22:54 GMT
#20
On May 12 2013 07:29 Sliver wrote:
How empty is the studio on an average day? JD seems concerned.


It's empty enough that you never see crowd shots anymore. Used to be common for them to show them but usually there's only 10 or so people in the audience now.

What they'll usually do is only show the front row now whenever they zoom out.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
UpATreeSC 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 968
Dewaltoss 124
firebathero 93
Zeus 65
Trap 41
910 38
Bale 22
NaDa 18
ToSsGirL 18
JYJ 16
[ Show more ]
zelot 16
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6001
420jenkins224
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1275
Fnx 892
edward81
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS110
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1820
Other Games
summit1g4562
Grubby3122
Beastyqt730
B2W.Neo636
byalli405
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe150
TKL 122
BRAT_OK 66
shahzam57
Railgan16
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV296
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur369
• WagamamaTV267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 40m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 40m
Stellar Fest
17h 40m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.