• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:41
CEST 06:41
KST 13:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11224 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 123

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 249 Next
matt93
Profile Joined January 2013
Australia32 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 07:23:45
May 10 2013 07:21 GMT
#2441
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.

^ laughed re-reading that sentence, but the point remains. insulting people for getting up in arms in defence of a person removed from a team for insulting people.
I'm bad, really bad but I'll blame it on my internet.
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
May 10 2013 07:23 GMT
#2442

On May 10 2013 08:02 KelsierSC wrote:
Well I won't be watching any foreign events that Idra isn't a part of, I used to because I cared about EG but getting rid of a big personality and a great player makes them completely devoid of interest to me.
I will watch InControl casting but the foreign scene is completely pointless to me without Idra.





How ridiculously petty of you. You only watch Starcraft 2 because of ONE player? That's pretty obsessive of you to like someone's personality so much that you can't root for any other player. This isn't normal behavior, bub. This is what I'm saying when I get the impression that most die-hard Idra fans are "a little bit off". Lmao
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
May 10 2013 07:23 GMT
#2443
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


Thats not what he is saying. He never claimed you cannot be an IdrA fan or supporter with a clear mind, but lots of IdrA fans seem to post in a very aggressive tone and in rage-mode. While not the majority might be like that, often times we get ourselves in that picture, because the rage-nerds are the loudest speaking.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
May 10 2013 07:25 GMT
#2444
On May 10 2013 16:23 Type|NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


Thats not what he is saying. He never claimed you cannot be an IdrA fan or supporter with a clear mind, but lots of IdrA fans seem to post in a very aggressive tone and in rage-mode. While not the majority might be like that, often times we get ourselves in that picture, because the rage-nerds are the loudest speaking.


Not to mention the post count of a lot of these Idra followers is extremely low. Just another thing I've noticed.
WetSocks
Profile Joined June 2012
United States953 Posts
May 10 2013 07:25 GMT
#2445
EG without IdrA is not EG! This is so surprising
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
May 10 2013 07:26 GMT
#2446
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


The reason I'm calling them "slightly off" isn't because they are simply speaking their mind. Their logic and reasoning for justifying Idra's behavior and attacking EG is so completely whacked that it's impossible to think of them as "normal" posters.

Every time some random poster says "dur it's true Idra was right! All of you are fucks! durrr" it's hard not to start stereotyping. I have yet to see a rational argument for either defending Idra or attacking EG.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 07:29:49
May 10 2013 07:27 GMT
#2447
On May 10 2013 16:25 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:23 Type|NarutO wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


Thats not what he is saying. He never claimed you cannot be an IdrA fan or supporter with a clear mind, but lots of IdrA fans seem to post in a very aggressive tone and in rage-mode. While not the majority might be like that, often times we get ourselves in that picture, because the rage-nerds are the loudest speaking.


Not to mention the post count of a lot of these Idra followers is extremely low. Just another thing I've noticed.

Don't put too much thought into it. You'll only fall into a hole and find yourself surrounded by a bunch of trolls, realizing that's what those posts are.

I think the vast majority of Idra diehard fans are currently wishing him the best of luck in anything that he decides to do. So the person calling his fans slightly off, ate the troll bait.
Punti
Profile Joined August 2010
99 Posts
May 10 2013 07:27 GMT
#2448
On May 10 2013 16:13 5100 wrote:
How I think about the reasoning behind this move...Releasing Greg is like how blizzard has been dealing with WoW patches in recent times. Satisfying the masses (for the $$$/overall image) but with little care to the people that have been with them the longest ie) they do this to please the greater community and assume the people that are already fans will stay fans of EG.

Being a long time fan of EG and Idra...this move leaves a bitter taste. EG is not the same without EG.Idra


IdrA has been 3 years on EG and EG is 15 years old? I'd also want to know how many "real" long time EG fans were annoyed by him, I bet with you that percentage is over 50. You see, IdrA isn't EG, and EG doesn't need IdrA. They didn't need him beforehand, and they don't need him know, that's the reason he had to leave.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
May 10 2013 07:28 GMT
#2449
On May 10 2013 16:23 SCST wrote:

Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:02 KelsierSC wrote:
Well I won't be watching any foreign events that Idra isn't a part of, I used to because I cared about EG but getting rid of a big personality and a great player makes them completely devoid of interest to me.
I will watch InControl casting but the foreign scene is completely pointless to me without Idra.





How ridiculously petty of you. You only watch Starcraft 2 because of ONE player? That's pretty obsessive of you to like someone's personality so much that you can't root for any other player. This isn't normal behavior, bub. This is what I'm saying when I get the impression that most die-hard Idra fans are "a little bit off". Lmao

Because they follow a single personality?

I am in a similar boat as the guy you've just quoted. I personally only watch SC2 either if a foreigner is doing REALLY well in a tournament or if one of the BW legends is doing really well otherwise I really don't care. Am I ''a little bit off''. - Lmao?
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
May 10 2013 07:28 GMT
#2450
On May 10 2013 16:27 Irave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:25 Infernal_dream wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:23 Type|NarutO wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


Thats not what he is saying. He never claimed you cannot be an IdrA fan or supporter with a clear mind, but lots of IdrA fans seem to post in a very aggressive tone and in rage-mode. While not the majority might be like that, often times we get ourselves in that picture, because the rage-nerds are the loudest speaking.


Not to mention the post count of a lot of these Idra followers is extremely low. Just another thing I've noticed.

Don't put too much thought into it. You'll only fall into a hole and find yourself surrounded by a bunch of trolls, realizing that's what those posts are.


Man I dont think most of those posts are trolls. I think these people really believe what they're saying on here. That's the hilarious part of it, too. I literally can't stay away from this thread, as I don't want to miss the next insane/crazy complaint.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
LastDance
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
New Zealand510 Posts
May 10 2013 07:28 GMT
#2451
Nek minnit Idra joins The Alliance
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
May 10 2013 07:29 GMT
#2452
On May 10 2013 07:33 Parnass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 07:32 Helix wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/FgezXgU.jpg

This seems like it spurred it, as far as I can tell without more info from Alex.


That was just so retarded by him, good move by EG in my opinion.


Well to be honest he had a good point with his first post and the reply to him was just teasing him. Of course he went to far with his second post but really theres probably something more behind the scenes.
England will fight to the last American
tluu12
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada35 Posts
May 10 2013 07:30 GMT
#2453
Maybe a change of scenery will improve his game, he hasnt shown results that we know IdrA can pull. Suppy took the #1 zerg position on the EG team, imo. Good luck to Greg though.
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 07:33:40
May 10 2013 07:30 GMT
#2454
On May 10 2013 16:28 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:23 SCST wrote:

On May 10 2013 08:02 KelsierSC wrote:
Well I won't be watching any foreign events that Idra isn't a part of, I used to because I cared about EG but getting rid of a big personality and a great player makes them completely devoid of interest to me.
I will watch InControl casting but the foreign scene is completely pointless to me without Idra.





How ridiculously petty of you. You only watch Starcraft 2 because of ONE player? That's pretty obsessive of you to like someone's personality so much that you can't root for any other player. This isn't normal behavior, bub. This is what I'm saying when I get the impression that most die-hard Idra fans are "a little bit off". Lmao

Because they follow a single personality?

I am in a similar boat as the guy you've just quoted. I personally only watch SC2 either if a foreigner is doing REALLY well in a tournament or if one of the BW legends is doing really well otherwise I really don't care. Am I ''a little bit off''. - Lmao?


Sorry man you're not in a "similar boat" as that guy based on what you just said.

"I personally only watch SC2 either if a foreigner is doing REALLY well in a tournament or if one of the BW legends is doing really well otherwise I really don't care" - thezanursic 2013

So you watch many different personalities and players? Then no, your pretty normal. Lol

P.S. I'll reiterate - anyone who watches a sport for only one person, follows only one player in an entire sport exclusively, and stops watching said sport if that person leaves, is a bit "weird". Haha.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
May 10 2013 07:32 GMT
#2455
On May 10 2013 16:28 SCST wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:27 Irave wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:25 Infernal_dream wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:23 Type|NarutO wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:21 matt93 wrote:
On May 10 2013 16:15 SCST wrote:
The more that Idra's followers post in this thread with super-rage, lashing out at the community and EG, the more I feel like there's this small circus of people that has followed Idra around for years . . . people who are "slightly off" in some way or another, that become obsessive and end up die-hard Idra fanatics.

Some of these posts are just hilariously strange.



The irony is this post right here is more offensive to the community than the post idra got released for :\ calling people "slightly off" for speaking their mind about a key icon in starcraft being removed from the team they helped make iconic for the same reason that icon was made an icon.


Thats not what he is saying. He never claimed you cannot be an IdrA fan or supporter with a clear mind, but lots of IdrA fans seem to post in a very aggressive tone and in rage-mode. While not the majority might be like that, often times we get ourselves in that picture, because the rage-nerds are the loudest speaking.


Not to mention the post count of a lot of these Idra followers is extremely low. Just another thing I've noticed.

Don't put too much thought into it. You'll only fall into a hole and find yourself surrounded by a bunch of trolls, realizing that's what those posts are.


Man I dont think most of those posts are trolls. I think these people really believe what they're saying on here. That's the hilarious part of it, too. I literally can't stay away from this thread, as I don't want to miss the next insane/crazy complaint.

So what are you gaining by calling his fans slightly off? While forming this opinion on low post count forum trolls. When I said the majority of his die hard fans are wishing him the best of luck in his fan club thread. This thread isn't nearly aggressively moderated as his fan-club. If you want the views of his real fans that you consider slightly off, I suggest venturing there, before being trolled and forming a foolish opinion.
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
May 10 2013 07:32 GMT
#2456
From Reddit:
Idra might get a personal sponsor... [IBM]IdrA
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 07:32:52
May 10 2013 07:32 GMT
#2457
It's kinda like Liverpool releasing Suarez after he bit Ivanovic. Except Liverpool didn't release Suarez while they should have.

Good move by EG. It won't profit them directly but it's a fair move showing sportsmanship. This should help their image.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Comogury
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States412 Posts
May 10 2013 07:32 GMT
#2458
On May 10 2013 16:27 Punti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 16:13 5100 wrote:
How I think about the reasoning behind this move...Releasing Greg is like how blizzard has been dealing with WoW patches in recent times. Satisfying the masses (for the $$$/overall image) but with little care to the people that have been with them the longest ie) they do this to please the greater community and assume the people that are already fans will stay fans of EG.

Being a long time fan of EG and Idra...this move leaves a bitter taste. EG is not the same without EG.Idra


IdrA has been 3 years on EG and EG is 15 years old? I'd also want to know how many "real" long time EG fans were annoyed by him, I bet with you that percentage is over 50. You see, IdrA isn't EG, and EG doesn't need IdrA. They didn't need him beforehand, and they don't need him know, that's the reason he had to leave.

I think more people are referring to EG SC2 rather than the organization in general. There are very few people who know EG from CS1.6 or any other game (especially on TL).
Ender985
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain910 Posts
May 10 2013 07:33 GMT
#2459
So now EG has a lot of spare money to hire better players and improve EG-TL's standing in Proleague! Great news all around!
Member of the Pirate Party - direct democracy, institutional transparency, and freedom of information
Flip-
Profile Joined August 2012
United States1 Post
May 10 2013 07:33 GMT
#2460
Not a big fan of the release of IdrA, almost like EG encouraged his behavior by never really addressing it then releases him for it...that seems a little bit off.

yes I have a non existent post count, but that's because I just read TL, never post.
Don't poke the bear
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings130
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 177
hero 111
sorry 47
Mind 29
Bale 20
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever939
League of Legends
JimRising 717
Counter-Strike
taco 442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9903
Maynarde201
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH242
• Hupsaiya 131
• practicex 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.