• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6680 users

[WCS] NA/EU Formats Released - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
jeeneeus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1168 Posts
April 09 2013 03:40 GMT
#101
How many total people are going to be in the season finals? There's five from NA, but it doesn't mention for EU or KR.
flakmonkey
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia254 Posts
April 09 2013 03:43 GMT
#102
Any chance some players from SEA or TW (i.e. Moonglade or Sen) will play on NA?
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 03:44:57
April 09 2013 03:43 GMT
#103
On April 09 2013 09:07 opterown wrote:
Players must notify MLG their intent to participate in the America region by end of day on April 8th.

Seriously? 17 minutes from now without a formal announcement from MLG or Blizzard?

I guess no one is competing in WCS NA.

On April 09 2013 12:40 jeeneeus wrote:
How many total people are going to be in the season finals? There's five from NA, but it doesn't mention for EU or KR.

5 NA, 5 EU, 6 KR. Source is from the latest ITG when Artosis spoiled that WCS Season 1 finals are in Korea.
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
April 09 2013 03:45 GMT
#104
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..
HyperDesi
Profile Joined February 2011
63 Posts
April 09 2013 03:47 GMT
#105
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..


Would like to know the same thing.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 09 2013 03:47 GMT
#106
So they are inviting players to the top tier? I guess that was the notify by today? Everyone else has to qualify for challenger division then? Seems like this could have been done better
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 03:50:31
April 09 2013 03:48 GMT
#107
On April 09 2013 12:43 Elite_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 09:07 opterown wrote:
Players must notify MLG their intent to participate in the America region by end of day on April 8th.

Seriously? 17 minutes from now without a formal announcement from MLG or Blizzard?

I guess no one is competing in WCS NA.

Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:40 jeeneeus wrote:
How many total people are going to be in the season finals? There's five from NA, but it doesn't mention for EU or KR.

5 NA, 5 EU, 6 KR. Source is from the latest ITG when Artosis spoiled that WCS Season 1 finals are in Korea.

Therefore probably Season 2 finals in NA and Season 3 finals in EU, because with Blizzcon as the Grand Finals they most likely won't want to hold two events in a row in NA.

On April 09 2013 12:47 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So they are inviting players to the top tier? I guess that was the notify by today? Everyone else has to qualify for challenger division then? Seems like this could have been done better


Most things about WCS so far scream "this could have been done better".
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
April 09 2013 03:49 GMT
#108
On April 09 2013 12:39 ThomasR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:36 Zenbrez wrote:
On April 09 2013 12:34 ThomasR wrote:
so..a RO16 NA makes around as much as RO16 code s? that's a joke

Have you not been paying attention? All WCS tournaments are supposed to have approx the same distribution.

i have, and it's a joke

the competition in korea is much tougher than it is in NA/EU...so someone who makes it to Code S RO16, for example, shouldn't make as much money as someone who makes it to RO16 in NA

Yeah, I definitely agree. I would even be okay with korea WCS earn twice as much as NA/EU, but that's not going to happen
Refer to my post.
sWs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States409 Posts
April 09 2013 03:51 GMT
#109
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..


Me too.... what the fuck? If the first season of WCS is only invited players im going to throw my computer into a wall T_T
@swsc2
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
April 09 2013 03:52 GMT
#110
On April 09 2013 12:51 TOdesKaMpF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..


Me too.... what the fuck? If the first season of WCS is only invited players im going to throw my computer into a wall T_T

this is how I feel...
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 03:53:27
April 09 2013 03:52 GMT
#111
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..

I have no clue either, but MLG is in charge of NA, so you should probably contact MLG folks like Adam or whoever is responsible for stuff like that.

If it's invite-only I'm going to cry a little.
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
April 09 2013 03:54 GMT
#112
On April 09 2013 12:43 flakmonkey wrote:
Any chance some players from SEA or TW (i.e. Moonglade or Sen) will play on NA?

Very high chance, although there is a possibility that Blizzard will help them out in some way considering they won their region's WCS finals last year. I remember reading this in a tweet from a Blizzard eSports / Community rep.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
sWs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States409 Posts
April 09 2013 03:55 GMT
#113
On April 09 2013 12:52 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..

I have no clue either, but MLG is in charge of NA, so you should probably contact MLG folks like Adam or whoever is responsible for stuff like that.

If it's invite-only I'm going to cry a little.


On April 09 2013 12:52 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:51 TOdesKaMpF wrote:
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..


Me too.... what the fuck? If the first season of WCS is only invited players im going to throw my computer into a wall T_T

this is how I feel...


Everyone keeps saying its based off of GM? but i haven't gotten an email yet, so.. getting a little skeptical...
@swsc2
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
April 09 2013 03:59 GMT
#114
Any news on WCG? If WCG can't be "revived" this year, then they may as well cease existing. Genuine question. WCS changes at this point seem like a moot point.
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
April 09 2013 04:01 GMT
#115
On April 09 2013 12:52 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:51 TOdesKaMpF wrote:
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..


Me too.... what the fuck? If the first season of WCS is only invited players im going to throw my computer into a wall T_T

this is how I feel...


Maybe you guys should contact someone from MLG and ask him.
All I do is Stim.
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 04:07:42
April 09 2013 04:06 GMT
#116
On April 09 2013 12:52 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..

I have no clue either, but MLG is in charge of NA, so you should probably contact MLG folks like Adam or whoever is responsible for stuff like that.

If it's invite-only I'm going to cry a little.

Isn't that what they basically announced for "Code S" and then qualifiers online for "Code A" or did I misinterpret something horribly?

EDIT: Answer from EG Manager.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
UHF
Profile Joined April 2012
Australia58 Posts
April 09 2013 04:11 GMT
#117
On April 09 2013 09:07 opterown wrote:
1st place: $35,000
2nd place. $15,000
3rd/4th place: $8,000
5th place: $4,000
6th place: $3,500
7th place: $3,000
8th place: $2,500
9th-12th place: $1,450
13th-16th place: $1,000
17th-24th place: $500
25th-32nd place: $300


I don't really like that prize distribution considering what we know so far. I'd much prefer something like:

1st place: $20,000
2nd place. $15,000
3rd/4th place: $8,000
5th place: $5,500
6th place: $4,200
7th place: $3,500
8th place: $3,000
9th-12th place: $2,000
13th-16th place: $1,500
17th-24th place: $1000
25th-32nd place: $750

I know $15k is a lot to cut off the top, but I think it's better to spread the wealth around seeing how much WCS has condensed worldwide. For a long time I've though prize pools were way too top heavy. As much a I like rewarding skill, I think rewarding time, money and effort are just as important to promote growth & ensure the people below the top stick around.
Graphic designer & content creation | Always on the look-out for opportunities! | @NvUHF
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
April 09 2013 04:19 GMT
#118
On April 09 2013 13:06 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 12:52 StarVe wrote:
On April 09 2013 12:45 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Who do I contact for this?? I have no idea how to participate..

I have no clue either, but MLG is in charge of NA, so you should probably contact MLG folks like Adam or whoever is responsible for stuff like that.

If it's invite-only I'm going to cry a little.

Isn't that what they basically announced for "Code S" and then qualifiers online for "Code A" or did I misinterpret something horribly?

EDIT: Answer from EG Manager. https://twitter.com/gosutrolling/status/321471778708930560


Wow 24 invites is still fucking stupid but oh well that's how most tournaments are 90% invites with a small portion of qualifiers. If koreans really do play in NA/EU wcs I bet koreans take those .

When I think of something else, something will go here
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
April 09 2013 04:21 GMT
#119
On April 09 2013 13:11 UHF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 09:07 opterown wrote:
1st place: $35,000
2nd place. $15,000
3rd/4th place: $8,000
5th place: $4,000
6th place: $3,500
7th place: $3,000
8th place: $2,500
9th-12th place: $1,450
13th-16th place: $1,000
17th-24th place: $500
25th-32nd place: $300


I don't really like that prize distribution considering what we know so far. I'd much prefer something like:

1st place: $20,000
2nd place. $15,000
3rd/4th place: $8,000
5th place: $5,500
6th place: $4,200
7th place: $3,500
8th place: $3,000
9th-12th place: $2,000
13th-16th place: $1,500
17th-24th place: $1000
25th-32nd place: $750

I know $15k is a lot to cut off the top, but I think it's better to spread the wealth around seeing how much WCS has condensed worldwide. For a long time I've though prize pools were way too top heavy. As much a I like rewarding skill, I think rewarding time, money and effort are just as important to promote growth & ensure the people below the top stick around.

I agree, especially considering the top 5 go to the season finals and get to play in a 16 man tournament with a $100,000 prize pool right after the regional finals. They really don't need the prize pool to be top heavy for that reason.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
April 09 2013 04:28 GMT
#120
Yeah nice to see NYC finally getting some love .
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2470
NotJumperer 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever858
NeuroSwarm219
Other Games
summit1g5637
Coldzera 773
Day[9].tv722
JimRising 669
C9.Mang0402
PiGStarcraft266
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick991
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo237
Other Games
• Day9tv722
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.