• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:59
CEST 07:59
KST 14:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10086 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 45 Next All
kblueriver
Profile Joined July 2012
Argentina430 Posts
March 04 2013 21:30 GMT
#141
Watched the vid, mouth open. When it ended I said "WTF did I just see", and then immediately "How the fuck do I get that?!". Seriously, you have done an incredible job. Thank you so so much!
Your ever humble pwnage provider
Kaeru
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Sweden552 Posts
March 04 2013 21:36 GMT
#142
--- Nuked ---
Moofadoobada
Profile Joined February 2011
United States266 Posts
March 04 2013 21:39 GMT
#143
I don't post very often here but damn man that is quite good.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
March 04 2013 23:07 GMT
#144
Thanks guys! I can definitely say there are at least a couple of major tournaments who are interested. Hopefully everything works out and you guys will get to see it in action soon.
Gameheart
stjartrov
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden81 Posts
March 04 2013 23:16 GMT
#145
On March 05 2013 08:07 GameHeart wrote:
Thanks guys! I can definitely say there are at least a couple of major tournaments who are interested. Hopefully everything works out and you guys will get to see it in action soon.


Axslav has to be one of the most excited about this, he (or perhaps production of MLG) seem to love playing around with stuff like this. ^_^

This should become a standard.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 23:31:18
March 04 2013 23:30 GMT
#146
Unfortunately I don't think MLG is interested. I even added a special touch screen menu to the drawing tools just for Axslav but it was all for naught. They sound like they have their own plans so I will be excited to see what they do anyways.
Gameheart
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
March 04 2013 23:48 GMT
#147
WELL DONE gameheart T__________T
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
March 04 2013 23:57 GMT
#148
On March 05 2013 08:07 GameHeart wrote:
Thanks guys! I can definitely say there are at least a couple of major tournaments who are interested. Hopefully everything works out and you guys will get to see it in action soon.

Sweet!
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
IRL_Sinister
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Ireland621 Posts
March 05 2013 00:06 GMT
#149
omg this is great
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
March 05 2013 00:19 GMT
#150
that's some hell of work, it needs publicity and visibility , we needs day9 and husky and such to popularize this!
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 01:03:21
March 06 2013 01:01 GMT
#151
Thanks guys!

Another feature I am working on for the next version of the overlay is the megamap. Which allows observers to press tab to bring up a giant minimap in the middle of their screen. Thanks to Ahli for all his help with this!

[image loading]
Gameheart
Conut
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1026 Posts
March 06 2013 01:08 GMT
#152
wow this looks really nice, i am not to sure about the stronger colors, but that just might be my tastes, but everything else looks pretty solid.
Sc2 always got your back
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
March 07 2013 11:04 GMT
#153
I have another idea: is it possible to make an option for healthbars to be only shown when the unit is attacking or under attack?
I think that would make life much easier for the observer.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 20:37:49
March 07 2013 20:33 GMT
#154
Unfortunately I don't think that is possible right now but don't hold me to it. They have added some new options to customize healthbars HotS so maybe that is something possible within that new realm. I think it's just cosmetic though.

One thing I did consider was implementing a 'health dots' system. Well, I should actually say I did implement it because I did. I saw a mockup someone posted either on TL or reddit once where they had replaced the health bars with small green dot (that would change color) to represent health. I tried it a dozen different ways but the reality was more complex than just putting some dots above unit's heads. In their mockup they had only shown health, but of course in starcraft the healthbars also indicate shields and energy.

Here is a screenshot of my implementation.

[image loading]

Health dots would go from green>yellow>orange>red and I thought it looked pretty good. Shield and energy dots would shrink as they depleted, and grow as they were restored.

Unfortunately as good as I thought the system looked, it devoured resources and had to be cut.
Gameheart
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
March 07 2013 20:51 GMT
#155
On March 05 2013 08:30 GameHeart wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think MLG is interested. I even added a special touch screen menu to the drawing tools just for Axslav but it was all for naught. They sound like they have their own plans so I will be excited to see what they do anyways.


I'll bet they want more control over it so are building their own thing. Depending on how much time and money they have already invested in it... they might want to abandon whatever they are doing and hire you instead :p
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
March 07 2013 21:12 GMT
#156
On March 08 2013 05:33 GameHeart wrote:
Unfortunately as good as I thought the system looked, it devoured resources and had to be cut.

That would be my general concern when all these changes pile up. You can always have various parallel versions and keep one “light” version . Do you have any estimate of how demanding the overlay is?
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-08 00:07:56
March 08 2013 00:05 GMT
#157
The overlay as it stands right now should be pretty lightweight. It's hard for me to tell though to be honest. But I certainly tried to make everything use as few resources as I could while remaining functional, and I cut any feature that used too many (such as the health dots). I haven't had any complaints from players before about it feeling like it's using resources.

The most resource intensive parts of the overlay right now are the drawing tools (if you make like a hundred drawings), the unit status bar (health bar on the right) and the stronger team colors mod (just because it has to load the extra textures). Obviously zooming out is pretty hard on a modest machine as well.

But overall it's really not bad at all.
Gameheart
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
March 08 2013 00:11 GMT
#158
The best part to me is being able to zoom out past the games limits.

Everything looks amazing. Great work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
March 08 2013 04:09 GMT
#159
I wish I could zoom out like that while playing. Though, I guess you'd have a bit of an advantage, considering the ability to control the action is based on the amount of items you can see.
psillypsybic!
crbox
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1181 Posts
March 08 2013 04:15 GMT
#160
this is really well done! I wish this gets implemented in future tournaments!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 1m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.