• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:55
CEST 04:55
KST 11:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9132 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group F 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 02:37:41
January 31 2013 00:44 GMT
#1
(T)MarineKingPrime

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Your Code S run has started off well. Tell us how you feel about advancing to the Ro16.

I returned to Korea just yesterday from Iron Squid II in France. My opponents were also really good so I came after tell myself to empty my mind. I think it was more luck than skill in today's case. But I want to make it up through my skills for the Ro16 so I am going to prepare extensively.

Your group consisted of three Terran and one Zerg. What kind of results were you expecting?

When I lost game one to RorO, I got a little nervous because I lost even though I had used a strategy that I rarely lose with during practice. The best scenario that I could think of would be me beating RorO to advance to the winners' round, and then defeating Mvp hyung in the winners' round to advance forward. The alternative scenario would have been if I had lost to Mvp hyung but still managed to advance after defeating RorO again.

Why do you say that you got really lucky?

I hit the perfect timing attack in game three against RorO. I was able to win because of a few seconds of difference. In game one against KeeN, our strategies got crossed over so I was able to win easily. And the best part? I avoided facing Mvp hyung.

How come you lost game one against RorO?

I've actually lost a game before while I was in a scenario just like today's. I need to stop making the same mistakes where I refuse to scout and refuse to scan. I just played idly. From here on out, I plan on scanning whenever I'm in an advantageous position.

You stated that you keep making these mistakes but you must have your own reason as to why.

In the past, Terran was the strongest race out of all three. The game was at a point where you could always win as long as you were able to poke and prod successfully. I think it's more difficult now because now Terrans have to match all the other races' strategies as the game progresses.

Overall, it seemed like you focused on aggression regarding your games today.

I think it's because I didn't have a lot of time to prepare. I wanted to make sure I played with a lot of confidence and without any regrets, rather than just focus on trying to prepare for specific matches.

You are slowly making your way up with two Code S Ro32 appearances, three Ro16 appearances, and two Ro8 appearances. How do you feel about this season?

Amazing enough, I seems to keep climbing up one step at a time. If I can maintain this kind of flow then I think I could probably make it up to the semi finals. I've been gaining confidence this way (laughs). This is the last season for WoL so I do want to win the championship at least once.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Anyone you specifically want to face?

I think I'm going to pick the easiest player out of the 16. I don't really have a reason why. I was reading MC hyung's interview and I noticed that he said he wanted to create a Protoss only group. I would like if I could get into that group with MC, Squirtle, and PartinG. I think that's a group that I could advance out with a score of 4-0 even if I don't practice.

This season's goals?

This is the last WoL season so I want to win the championship. I was expecting to meet Mvp hyung today but we weren't able to meet. I really wanted us to face each other since this was the final WoL season. If Mvp hyung can get through the Ro32 then I want to face him later on.

Anything else you would like to say?

Today, Classic, HogU, and TerrOr disappointingly lost in the qualifiers. I hope they remain strong though since they'll have plenty of chances in the future. I am really sorry that I was the only one to get through the Ro32 even though Creator and ByuN are both amazing players. I hope I can do even better for their sake. I hope my teammates who are participating in tomorrow's qualifiers will make good results. I also want to thank Yura noona and Kang Bin hyung for coming to the studio to cheer me on. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Tt eSports and OCZ Technology.

(Z)Samsung KHAN_RorO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Today's victory secured your personal best GSL record. How do you feel?

I was overflowing with confidence because of Proleague but I got really nervous after I lost my first match. But I am glad that I was able to make it through like this.

For today's match, you showed a six gas hive unit composition.

I told myself that I should play a responsive style today. I figured that six gases were enough for a long late macro game so I went for it.

You were in a group with three Terrans. Were you expecting to advance into the Ro16?

I expected myself to advance to the Ro16 during practice. But then after watching those three Terrans perform, I realized that they exceeded my expectations. Thanks to that, my victory was much difficult than I had anticipated.

You're doing really well for Proleague.

I am confident in my ZvTs. So far, I wasn't able to show any performances for ZvT but I think I was able to use today to show it all.

After winning game one against MarineKing, you then allowed a comeback to occur.

The plays that MarineKing did today were plays that I had already knew about from the past. But then as time passed by I forgot about it and I ended up losing easily. After playing against him, I was once again reminded of how annoying and cut throat that strategy is.

You beat Mvp by a score of 2-0 in the losers' round.

I expected my match against Mvp to be the hardest after seeing who was in my group today. But then things ended up going much better than expected. Also, the maps were maps used in Proleague so I performed well. I'm not sure why but my match against Mvp turned out the best.

You also beat KeeN by a score of 2-0 in the final match. Was it difficult playing against all three opponents?

I had almost no information on KeeN. I got worried and nervous cause I didn't know what his current style was. So I wasn't able to end the games early in the beginning and the middle so I had to naturally play the late game. I can't help but feel like I won because I was naturally confident in my late game skills.

You have group nominations ahead of you. What kind of group do you want?

This season, there are a lot of Zergs. I've been doing really well in my ZvZs for Proleague so I think even an all Zerg group will be fine by me. I am a little worried since everyone in the Ro16 is really good but I think that's just how the games are going to turn out to be.

It must be difficult to manage both Proleague and GSL. GSL added Neo Planet S on their map roster but they also have maps that Proleague don't.

We had Proleague yesterday so I couldn't practice for today's match. I told myself that I would make it through on my confidence. I think I'm going to have to utilize my time well as I practice. I think I'll be able to make a good result as long as I can maintain this confidence. Lately, I've been feeling really nervous during the important games since I've been getting sent out so often as the ace. I think I'll be fine as long as I can overcome that factor.

Anything else you would like to say?

I've been finding it really difficult these days since I keep getting sent out when it matters. But I'm proud of the fact that I've still been able to pull through despite all that. I hope the fans will have a lot of expectations for me. Lastly, I want to thank Reality for helping me out before I came to the studio today.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
January 31 2013 00:51 GMT
#2
go mkp!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
rice_devOurer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States773 Posts
January 31 2013 00:54 GMT
#3
theres a timing attack against zerg?
+ Show Spoiler +
SHOW ME NAOW :D :D :D
IN SOVIET RUSSIA ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\ Table Flips you
Kraidio
Profile Joined May 2011
China133 Posts
January 31 2013 00:54 GMT
#4
I need to stop making the same mistakes where I refuse to scout and refuse to scan. I just played idly. From here on out, I plan on scanning whenever I'm in an advantageous position.


I've never see something so beautiful in my entire life
A man does what he must — in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures — and that is the basis of all human morality.
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 01:01:46
January 31 2013 00:57 GMT
#5
Kim Kang Bin is HogU.Prime he recently joined the team after leaving dtG, and Kim Hong Jae is Classic...
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
January 31 2013 00:59 GMT
#6
Oh my god those glasses are so awesome lol
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 31 2013 01:07 GMT
#7
"I think I'm going to pick the easiest player out of the 16. I don't really have a reason why. I was reading MC hyung's interview and I noticed that he said he wanted to create a Protoss only group. I would like if I could get into that group with MC, Squirtle, and PartinG. I think that's a group that I could advance out with a score of 4-0 even if I don't practice."

I love his TvP confidence lol
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
January 31 2013 01:09 GMT
#8
On January 31 2013 09:57 DiMano wrote:
Kim Kang Bin is HogU.Prime he recently joined the team after leaving dtG, and Kim Hong Jae is Classic...

Fixed. Thank you
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
January 31 2013 01:21 GMT
#9
On January 31 2013 09:44 Seeker wrote:
(T)MarineKingPrime
How come you lost game one against RorO?

I've actually lost a game before while I was in a scenario just like today's. I need to stop making the same mistakes where I refuse to scout and refuse to scan. I just played idly. From here on out, I plan on scanning whenever I'm in an advantageous position.

He still won't scan or scout... He says something like this every interview... lolol
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
January 31 2013 01:26 GMT
#10
On January 31 2013 09:57 DiMano wrote:
Kim Kang Bin is HogU.Prime he recently joined the team after leaving dtG, and Kim Hong Jae is Classic...

And he promptly knocked Maru out of IPL6 qualifier
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
January 31 2013 01:38 GMT
#11
Wait so how far is MKP off from getting the Nestea award? And Roro and MKP advanced? Mvp didn't?
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
January 31 2013 01:41 GMT
#12
I think I'm going to pick the easiest player out of the 16. I don't really have a reason why. I was reading MC hyung's interview and I noticed that he said he wanted to create a Protoss only group. I would like if I could get into that group with MC, Squirtle, and PartinG. I think that's a group that I could advance out with a score of 4-0 even if I don't practice.


the giant balls on this kid.

MKP FIGHTING!
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
January 31 2013 01:42 GMT
#13
On January 31 2013 10:09 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:57 DiMano wrote:
Kim Kang Bin is HogU.Prime he recently joined the team after leaving dtG, and Kim Hong Jae is Classic...

Fixed. Thank you

Juhn Ji Won is TerrOr.Prime
MajuGarzett
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
January 31 2013 01:42 GMT
#14
On January 31 2013 10:38 Dontkillme wrote:
Wait so how far is MKP off from getting the Nestea award? And Roro and MKP advanced? Mvp didn't?

This is his 8th straight code S I think.
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
January 31 2013 01:44 GMT
#15
On January 31 2013 10:38 Dontkillme wrote:
Wait so how far is MKP off from getting the Nestea award? And Roro and MKP advanced? Mvp didn't?

Interviewed prior to mvp's results, maybe.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 31 2013 01:45 GMT
#16
On January 31 2013 10:42 MajuGarzett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 10:38 Dontkillme wrote:
Wait so how far is MKP off from getting the Nestea award? And Roro and MKP advanced? Mvp didn't?

This is his 8th straight code S I think.

Yep. MKP, DRG, and Leenock are next in line at 8
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
MateShade
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia736 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 01:51:45
January 31 2013 01:50 GMT
#17
<3 you MKP

He's not getting enough credit right now for being the most consistent Terran there is.
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
January 31 2013 01:56 GMT
#18
MKP sure is confident in his TvP, I would love to see a full group of Protoss that MKP and MC advance from, because they're good friends too! But on the other hand I am not sure I want most Protoss to get kicked out from the GSL...
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
January 31 2013 02:29 GMT
#19
RoRo is a boss. Im proud of lil Marineking too!
Julyzerg ftw
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 31 2013 03:32 GMT
#20
Great to see MarineKing advance! Sad about MVP though :/
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.