• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:13
CEST 07:13
KST 14:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7772 users

Destiny: Own3d paying streamers late, not fulfilling contr…

Forum Index > SC2 General
729 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 37 Next All
mijellin
Profile Joined November 2008
China740 Posts
January 18 2013 07:48 GMT
#221
On January 18 2013 16:45 SpaceFighting wrote:
wow, really had no idea that own3d was this shady. Really really disappointing, as this was my go-to stream site about a year and abit ago.

Also why do we hate destiny?? such an intelligent individual and i don't really think he's done anything to the community but bring laughter and awesome plays? is it really just cause he switched to LoL?


Because laughter is bad! Serious faces on please!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 07:51:21
January 18 2013 07:50 GMT
#222
Hm while this sucks for the players I hope this means no more own3D as I hate them as it is, always laggy for me :/. Them not paying the players is a joke as well. Well I expect them to die and rightfully so as it seems a lot of people got ripped from this crappy company.
When I think of something else, something will go here
mHaith
Profile Joined May 2011
Russian Federation1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 07:52:53
January 18 2013 07:52 GMT
#223
Whoa, I thought I'm the only one experienced the problem with revenues payments.
I'm russian caster, own3d has to pay me ~$130. It's not a big deal, but i had a plans for it. They say I have to sign contract to get my payments... still I hadn't received a word from them since 2012/12/14, it is not even funny.
Thanks TS for destroying my doubts, I'll switch to twitch.
Nami.
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States493 Posts
January 18 2013 07:55 GMT
#224
On January 18 2013 16:44 sc14s wrote:
while i don't like destiny at all, own3d is pretty much fucking him over and if this is really how they do business.. i guess i will actively avoid watching their streams now.



And it's not just destiny, which I hope most of the community understands that. It's a massive amount of people who don't speak up about it in fear of not getting the money at all!

Like I said before, it's a massive problem for some of us. ( myself included ) Some of do this full time all day everyday with no other source of income. You might argue that we should have some sort of different income, but for some of us that's just not the case. When you sign the contract you enter an agreement for both parties, and for the streamers, we're doing our part, own3d.tv is not and it really sucks, because for me personally my social / financial life is completely ruined with not getting paid. It's a miserable existence right now, and the only thing we're all asking for is what we rightfully worked for and earned.
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
January 18 2013 07:56 GMT
#225
Bye bye own3d. Hope this is a lesson for twitch. But, I bet people still won't learn the lesson and once in a while another organization or team will pop up doing some sort of scam.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 18 2013 07:57 GMT
#226
On January 18 2013 16:56 NoGasfOu wrote:
Bye bye own3d. Hope this is a lesson for twitch. But, I bet people still won't learn the lesson and once in a while another organization or team will pop up doing some sort of scam.


Oh of course there will be scams. But I don't think twitch is one of those companies.
When I think of something else, something will go here
RuFF_SC2
Profile Joined February 2010
United States203 Posts
January 18 2013 07:57 GMT
#227
On January 18 2013 16:52 mHaith wrote:
Whoa, I thought I'm the only one experienced the problem with revenues payments.
I'm russian caster, own3d has to pay me ~$130. It's not a big deal, but i had a plans for it. They say I have to sign contract to get my payments... still I hadn't received a word from them since 2012/12/14, it is not even funny.
Thanks TS for destroying my doubts, I'll switch to twitch.
Nami.


Same, I haven't received the contract yet, but I have payments backed up 6 months. Also its quiet a lump sum of cash. Weither or not contracted I will make sure I get payment as documentation is notified on the site and I have many screenshots every month of the progress made.
Eat My Metal Foot Mech-Head
DonGrisu
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria697 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 08:08:20
January 18 2013 08:00 GMT
#228
thats maybe why Fnatic Switch to Twitch...
Fnatic 4 Ever...!!
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 08:09:01
January 18 2013 08:04 GMT
#229
On January 18 2013 16:56 NoGasfOu wrote:
Bye bye own3d. Hope this is a lesson for twitch. But, I bet people still won't learn the lesson and once in a while another organization or team will pop up doing some sort of scam.


I saw this one Reddit post by a Twitch employee, Justin Wong, being retweeted by TheGunRun. I have MUCH better feeling about Twitch overall compared to Own3d for example, how they operate and run their business, i believe they know what they are doing. So I'm not afraid.

+ Show Spoiler +
Twitch employee here. I've seen the unease that, if competitors are removed from the market, we'll get complacent in development and screw over our streamers. I'd like to allay some of these concerns.
The internet landscape is littered with the corpses of companies that stopped innovating once they took the lead, opening the door for hungry competitors to dethrone them. That's not how we operate at Twitch, which has lead to our success and will hopefully carry us further. While I can't share specifics, I assure you we're not resting on our laurels. Our recent VC funding round is being used to greatly increase our existing infrastructure and hire more employees to continue improving Twitch. Work never stops here, and significant advances are in development for all areas of our product.
Our technology is an advantage but, given identical QoS, you choose a platform because of the content. Keeping partners happy, listening to their needs, and making sure we're doing everything we can to show them we truly appreciate their choice to use Twitch -- that's how you run a business.

I look at Destiny's move from Twitch to own3D last year as a massive success story for our relationship management team. Destiny cited a "personal financial decision" as his reason, but still felt compelled to write 10 paragraphs telling everyone how much he appreciated everyone at Twitch (we didn't ask him to write anything). Money's money, but when someone who makes the choice to go to a competitor leaves you a heartfelt "thank you" on reddit, I consider it a huge win.
We strive to offer deals that are both fair and sustainable. It doesn't do us any good to mistreat our partners because it creates an environment where they resent us and are only with us until a better opportunity comes along. That's completely at odds with our desire to form long-term relationships built on trust and respect. Changing that would be a departure from what has made us the company we are today.

As a final note, despite our competition with own3D, we've always endeavored to keep it respectful. Stuart Saw, a former employee of own3D who is now at Twitch, once told me "there's rivalry, and then there's war." Ultimately, we don't make money from schadenfreude. Twitch is filled with passionate, talented people who truly love what they are doing and believe in the company's vision to create something meaningful and long-lasting. As a fellow start-up, I'd like to believe own3D has similar people.


Reddit post
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
January 18 2013 08:06 GMT
#230
On January 18 2013 11:07 Lord Lunga wrote:
Obvious question: Why isn't Destiny suing them?


I'd say the majority of people (at least 85% in my experience) do not fully grasp or understand the contracts they are signing. On top of that, even a higher percentage (I'd say around 99%) do not have the means to pursue legal action against a company that is breaching their contract.


Read the OP before posting next time...
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
2vs2.Zepiii
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium134 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 08:09:34
January 18 2013 08:09 GMT
#231
Since the start, I don't like own3d (lag, interface, chat sucks); now I simply hate it
Hope twitch will never have that kind of problem
2v2 Protoss Master : twitch.tv/Zepiii || Best achievement - HotS 2v2 : Top2 World w/ Vermillion
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
January 18 2013 08:10 GMT
#232
Is there anyone who can translate this to Korean?
Administrator
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 18 2013 08:13 GMT
#233
On January 18 2013 17:10 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Is there anyone who can translate this to Korean?


Where are you Seeker, when you really are needed! I like the idea of translating this, so the Korean players are also informed.

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 10 2013 15:33 Seeker wrote:
FML

I hate ESFI. They always put me out of a job :/
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
January 18 2013 08:14 GMT
#234
The one and only thing I ponder still in all of this, is the advertisers buying the space or selling the space on owned paying owned in a timely manner? From the sounds of what I read it may have sounded like a part in the issue was owned couldn't pay out because they hadn't be paid yet. Now if that's largely just because owned is setting up contracts with streamers in a payment window that there is no way they could keep then that's just stupid of them.

One thing I'd encourage anyone getting into esports or even those established in esports...stop allowing any service / tournament / team etc. the ability to make a bunch of bullshit excuses for not paying out when promised. Don't keep it on the down low in 'good faith' that they'll pay you 'eventually'. If anyone ever doesn't pay up on time they should have an amazing reason that just blows your mind to explain why they can't pay on time. I get that it's nothing new but if these organizations are ever going to be held accountable people need to quit giving them so much lee way. You make an agreement you stick to the agreement end of story.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
January 18 2013 08:15 GMT
#235
On January 18 2013 17:10 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Is there anyone who can translate this to Korean?


With Google translator! jk jk I'm sure you've got plenty who will message you
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
Shieldz
Profile Joined October 2011
Hong Kong18 Posts
January 18 2013 08:15 GMT
#236
Yeah i think most of the koreans have this problem as well but arent really saying it or just the teams in korea that streams on own3d in general
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
January 18 2013 08:17 GMT
#237
Not actually surprised in the least. There have been several complaints and I haven't seen them mended nor have I ever seen a response from an Own3d representative.
Skiblet
Profile Joined August 2011
South Africa206 Posts
January 18 2013 08:19 GMT
#238
Well, more drama! Sad that even in E-sports there is such corruption. Grabs your pitchforks ladies and gentleman, the wicked shall pay for their sins! (But seriously, this can NOT go unpunished and we have to take action)
"Just fucking kill 'em" Day[9]
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
January 18 2013 08:19 GMT
#239
^^^ I don't see any Korean streaming on own3d anymore except forgg. He likes to jump back and forth between different sites.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
January 18 2013 08:20 GMT
#240
On January 18 2013 17:19 NoGasfOu wrote:
^^^ I don't see any Korean streaming on own3d anymore except forgg. He likes to jump back and forth between different sites.


Bomber was streaming on own3d a few days ago.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft384
RuFF_SC2 187
-ZergGirl 108
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2065
sorry 44
910 31
Bale 24
NotJumperer 16
yabsab 11
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1105
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox830
Mew2King3
Other Games
summit1g6882
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0271
Livibee154
Sick134
Maynarde130
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick653
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream175
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2255
League of Legends
• Stunt422
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 47m
Stellar Fest
7h 47m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.