• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:57
CEST 23:57
KST 06:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5826 users

MLG releases SC2 2012 video - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 29 2012 07:44 GMT
#41
On December 29 2012 13:19 MicroTastiC wrote:
this video SUCKED dick. every tournament featured and won was a ZERG. only the first introduction of MKP, who is terran, was the exception.

The VIDEO sucked because the tournament winners were zerg? That's possibly the most insignificant part of the video.
Refer to my post.
mayneeahk
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada279 Posts
December 29 2012 08:01 GMT
#42
I thought the video was pretty awful. The pace is really weird and it barely showcased any gameplay.

It kind of matches MLG's circuit in 2012, in a strange way.

Throughout 2012 the community for MLG was pretty awesome. Crowds were loud and great moments were had all around. Yet every event was the same, and some even got worse with very little gameplay showcased until Sunday despite the mass amount of games. Stories were told and upsets were made, yet that was all seemingly ignored. MLG doesn't innovate (aside from the ESPN analysis desk or whatever you want to call it) with their 2012 pro circuit or their 2012 pro circuit video.

Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 29 2012 08:27 GMT
#43
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree with some of the criticism. The only gameplay they showed was the final moments of the final games. I thought they might mix it up and show some of the more epic moments from every tournament.

I really did like the way they incorporated the celebrations, the holding of trophies and then snippets from the post victory interviews.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
December 29 2012 08:55 GMT
#44
Really enjoyed the video! I cannot wait for next year!
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 29 2012 09:11 GMT
#45
Great video, would've been nice if they have more SCII action but they did cover a lot of stuff.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
December 29 2012 09:12 GMT
#46
Man guys, come on. I really liked the video, it makes me happy it wasn't game play. This really showcases the emotions of the games, the fans, and the players, and that's what it's about.

I thought this was an amazing video, very very nice (:
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
decado90
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States480 Posts
December 29 2012 09:18 GMT
#47
Seeing MKP and DRG cheering after their wins really makes me cry and miss how SC2 used to be.
"Be formless like water"- Bruce Lee
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
December 29 2012 09:44 GMT
#48
Bitterdam casting so enthuastic in the video, JK JK
Jaedong & Faker
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
December 29 2012 10:00 GMT
#49
Everything became so zergy after 3/4 of that video.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
December 29 2012 10:06 GMT
#50
Great video, I still feel bad for Leenock blowing a 3-1 lead in that last MLG, but at least he did get one of the four.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Quakie
Profile Joined October 2008
Norway725 Posts
December 29 2012 10:30 GMT
#51
Still wondering where the replays are at?
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
December 29 2012 10:39 GMT
#52
I really enjoy video like that! Keep it up MLG.
It's good to be back
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 29 2012 14:28 GMT
#53
On December 29 2012 17:27 Sumahi wrote:
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree with some of the criticism. The only gameplay they showed was the final moments of the final games. I thought they might mix it up and show some of the more epic moments from every tournament.

I really did like the way they incorporated the celebrations, the holding of trophies and then snippets from the post victory interviews.


I'd have loved to see more of the epic moments in game, sure, but I think it was more about the people behind it, the players, casters, staff, and of course the crowd. It was showing what SC2 was at MLG not in terms of gameplay but in terms of the experience.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
December 29 2012 14:42 GMT
#54
those videos are nice. But I really miss epic gameplay videos, but to many games to really gather it together unless you make memos from the start.
xsnac
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Barbados1365 Posts
December 29 2012 14:51 GMT
#55
impressive
1/4 \pi \epsilon_0
Aeceus
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1278 Posts
December 29 2012 14:54 GMT
#56
Lovely video! All the great moments <3
mayneeahk
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada279 Posts
December 29 2012 17:30 GMT
#57
On December 29 2012 23:28 Larkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 17:27 Sumahi wrote:
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree with some of the criticism. The only gameplay they showed was the final moments of the final games. I thought they might mix it up and show some of the more epic moments from every tournament.

I really did like the way they incorporated the celebrations, the holding of trophies and then snippets from the post victory interviews.


I'd have loved to see more of the epic moments in game, sure, but I think it was more about the people behind it, the players, casters, staff, and of course the crowd. It was showing what SC2 was at MLG not in terms of gameplay but in terms of the experience.

I understand if thats what it was supposed to be but it was just a bunch of quick shots of players then a few shots of the winning moment. I haven't been to an MLG but I sure hope that's not the experience.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
December 29 2012 17:50 GMT
#58
Idk I thought the. Video was incredibly boring, but I think I was expecting more highlights and exciting moments rather than just continually showing faces and the final games and interviews. I prefer badass moments and commentary about massive upsets and underdogs.
sambo400
Profile Joined March 2011
United States378 Posts
December 29 2012 18:02 GMT
#59
Needs more Rain and Flash at Dallas. That was possibly the best live tournament in WoL.
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 29 2012 22:18 GMT
#60
On December 30 2012 02:30 mayneeahk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 23:28 Larkin wrote:
On December 29 2012 17:27 Sumahi wrote:
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree with some of the criticism. The only gameplay they showed was the final moments of the final games. I thought they might mix it up and show some of the more epic moments from every tournament.

I really did like the way they incorporated the celebrations, the holding of trophies and then snippets from the post victory interviews.


I'd have loved to see more of the epic moments in game, sure, but I think it was more about the people behind it, the players, casters, staff, and of course the crowd. It was showing what SC2 was at MLG not in terms of gameplay but in terms of the experience.

I understand if thats what it was supposed to be but it was just a bunch of quick shots of players then a few shots of the winning moment. I haven't been to an MLG but I sure hope that's not the experience.


Sure, but there's only so much one can fit into a 15 minute video, trying to sum up four or five or six or seven (if you consider WCS and Kespa invitational) weekend tournaments.

Maybe some video whiz here could make a montage of gameplay highlights, people used to do that for Halo MLG all the time, but SC2 montages don't have the same popularity.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 97
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 162
firebathero 82
910 38
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0181
PPMD49
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9548
Liquid`Hasu1773
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g6280
Liquid`RaSZi5785
shahzam525
JimRising 226
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax169
KnowMe123
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream348
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 37
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1022
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 3m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.