• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7441 users

[Program] Live music ticker for xsplit/ffsplit - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
November 01 2012 05:08 GMT
#21
I'm trying it now and I'm finding a problem.

The plugin doesn't seem to be able to detect my username correctly.

Error: Invalid - username.

I double checked with my profile. checked with caps and without and still having the same issue. Please help thanks.
I live by the LoL
Alum
Profile Joined November 2010
United States16 Posts
November 01 2012 06:44 GMT
#22
On November 01 2012 14:08 Marksman wrote:
I'm trying it now and I'm finding a problem.

The plugin doesn't seem to be able to detect my username correctly.

Error: Invalid - username.

I double checked with my profile. checked with caps and without and still having the same issue. Please help thanks.


This happened to me. I closed the program. Reopened it. Entered my username. Hit SET username. This fixed it for me.
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
November 01 2012 07:03 GMT
#23
On November 01 2012 15:44 Alum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 14:08 Marksman wrote:
I'm trying it now and I'm finding a problem.

The plugin doesn't seem to be able to detect my username correctly.

Error: Invalid - username.

I double checked with my profile. checked with caps and without and still having the same issue. Please help thanks.


This happened to me. I closed the program. Reopened it. Entered my username. Hit SET username. This fixed it for me.


I tried that multiple times. Restarted computer as well but it didn't work sadly ;(
I live by the LoL
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 10:17:42
November 01 2012 10:13 GMT
#24
On November 01 2012 16:03 Marksman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 15:44 Alum wrote:
On November 01 2012 14:08 Marksman wrote:
I'm trying it now and I'm finding a problem.

The plugin doesn't seem to be able to detect my username correctly.

Error: Invalid - username.

I double checked with my profile. checked with caps and without and still having the same issue. Please help thanks.


This happened to me. I closed the program. Reopened it. Entered my username. Hit SET username. This fixed it for me.


I tried that multiple times. Restarted computer as well but it didn't work sadly ;(



Can you send me your last.fm username, please?

The only reason I can think of would be not having any recently played tracks on your profile. I can probably do a check for that to display the appropriate error. Will make hitting enter submit the username too...
Cereal
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 01 2012 10:49 GMT
#25
On November 01 2012 16:03 Marksman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 15:44 Alum wrote:
On November 01 2012 14:08 Marksman wrote:
I'm trying it now and I'm finding a problem.

The plugin doesn't seem to be able to detect my username correctly.

Error: Invalid - username.

I double checked with my profile. checked with caps and without and still having the same issue. Please help thanks.


This happened to me. I closed the program. Reopened it. Entered my username. Hit SET username. This fixed it for me.


I tried that multiple times. Restarted computer as well but it didn't work sadly ;(


I added some better error messages, can you try it again?
Cereal
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 12:50:58
November 01 2012 12:50 GMT
#26
It's Johncrawfordz

I tried again with the new update.

Error: User "Johncrawfordz" not found.

Profile Link: http://www.last.fm/user/Johncrawfordz
I live by the LoL
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 01 2012 13:01 GMT
#27
On November 01 2012 21:50 Marksman wrote:
It's Johncrawfordz

I tried again with the new update.

Error: User "Johncrawfordz" not found.

Profile Link: http://www.last.fm/user/Johncrawfordz


Well, I can't see any abnormalities in your profile, and it's working for me.
[image loading]

Did you allow the java applet access the the internet? (Would have been a popup when you started it for the first time)
If you didn't, that would prompt the not found error.
Cereal
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 13:23:17
November 01 2012 13:17 GMT
#28
I'll try and recheck the firewalls then. Will edit any changes.

EDIT: Yes. It's working and its a firewall issue as it works when I disabled the firewall.

The security level for the firewall was too high. Thanks for the help.
I live by the LoL
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 01 2012 16:54 GMT
#29
On November 01 2012 22:17 Marksman wrote:
I'll try and recheck the firewalls then. Will edit any changes.

EDIT: Yes. It's working and its a firewall issue as it works when I disabled the firewall.

The security level for the firewall was too high. Thanks for the help.


No problem, thanks for using the app.
Cereal
Cantro
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada117 Posts
November 01 2012 17:09 GMT
#30
We be using this on my stream from now on :D
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#31
On November 02 2012 02:09 Cantro wrote:
We be using this on my stream from now on :D


Hey, thanks!

I wouldn't be totally opposed to a stream link either. I like seeing my work get used.
Cereal
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
November 06 2012 04:58 GMT
#32
Hey I tried using this and it works for the most part except for a little problem. A lot of my songs use Japanese text, so when xsplit reads the file, it doesn't display the characters correctly because the .txt is encoded as ansi instead of unicode. I already tested that re-encoding the file fixes the problem, but the program will re-encode it back to ansi upon updating the song. Can you make it so that the .txt file is encoded using unicode/UTF-8?
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
darkware
Profile Joined August 2011
Austria12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-08 23:40:43
November 08 2012 16:42 GMT
#33
I have found one problem, looked at the source code and found the solution as well.

I don't know for XSplit but for OBS it won't show the text you generate because the RRS feed you are retrieving from is using a strange version of the hyphen and that will cause OBS to not show the whole text at all.
I just replaced the hyphen in your Plugin.writeToFile() method to this and it works without a problem:

+ Show Spoiler +

public void writeToFile(String string) {
String fullArtistAndSong;
if (string.contains("–")) {
String[] artistAndSong = string
.split("[\u002D\u058A\u05BE\u1400\u1806\u2010-\u2015\u2053\u207B\u208B\u2212\u2E17\u2E1A\u2E3A-\u301C\u3030\u30A0\uFE31\uFE32\uFE58\uFE63\uFF0D]");
char delimiter = '-';
String artist = artistAndSong[0].trim();
String song = artistAndSong[1].trim();
fullArtistAndSong = artist + " " + delimiter + " " + song;
} else {
fullArtistAndSong = string;
}
try {
FileWriter fs = new FileWriter("currentsong.txt");
BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(fs);
out.write(fullArtistAndSong);
out.close();
} catch (Exception e) {

}
}



I hope I could help and thanks for the awesome software

Edit: Sorry I have no idea to format the text properly...

Edit2: If OP is okay with it I could upload a working version of this for OBS
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-09 11:19:11
November 09 2012 11:02 GMT
#34
On November 09 2012 01:42 darkware wrote:
I have found one problem, looked at the source code and found the solution as well.

I don't know for XSplit but for OBS it won't show the text you generate because the RRS feed you are retrieving from is using a strange version of the hyphen and that will cause OBS to not show the whole text at all.
I just replaced the hyphen in your Plugin.writeToFile() method to this and it works without a problem:

+ Show Spoiler +

public void writeToFile(String string) {
String fullArtistAndSong;
if (string.contains("–")) {
String[] artistAndSong = string
.split("[\u002D\u058A\u05BE\u1400\u1806\u2010-\u2015\u2053\u207B\u208B\u2212\u2E17\u2E1A\u2E3A-\u301C\u3030\u30A0\uFE31\uFE32\uFE58\uFE63\uFF0D]");
char delimiter = '-';
String artist = artistAndSong[0].trim();
String song = artistAndSong[1].trim();
fullArtistAndSong = artist + " " + delimiter + " " + song;
} else {
fullArtistAndSong = string;
}
try {
FileWriter fs = new FileWriter("currentsong.txt");
BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(fs);
out.write(fullArtistAndSong);
out.close();
} catch (Exception e) {

}
}



I hope I could help and thanks for the awesome software

Edit: Sorry I have no idea to format the text properly...

Edit2: If OP is okay with it I could upload a working version of this for OBS


I noticed the weird version of the hyphen when I made it, didn't think it would break OBS. I need to fix some other things in the output as well, so I'll implement your fix while I'm in there, thanks.

EDIT: I fixed both the encoding issue, and the hyphen issue. Thanks for the reports/help.

EDIT2: seems to be working fine with OBS.
[image loading]
Cereal
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
November 09 2012 17:42 GMT
#35
Okay so this works pretty much perfectly except I can only assume I'm cursed and the program hates me as the only word it does not work with is 水樹奈々 who comprises like half or more of my playlist. Apparently the program doesn't like the character 々 and gets confused and just cuts everything off so it only writes out "水樹奈 -" in the notepad file, which is sacrilege as far as I'm concerned. I tested this with other variations, and sure enough, if 々 is written, it and everything after it gets cut off completely. Any text that does not contain 々 will work fine =/

I suspect this is the result of the hyphen fix (or whatever else you may have changed) as it was being displayed perfectly fine in notepad previously, and I don't see why merely encoding it differently would cut text off (it would more likely display unrecognizable characters, at worst). Personally, I wouldn't mind if you just gave me a version that excluded the output coding changes but retained the encoding fix, assuming that solves my problem.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 09 2012 20:04 GMT
#36
On November 10 2012 02:42 KazeHydra wrote:
Okay so this works pretty much perfectly except I can only assume I'm cursed and the program hates me as the only word it does not work with is 水樹奈々 who comprises like half or more of my playlist. Apparently the program doesn't like the character 々 and gets confused and just cuts everything off so it only writes out "水樹奈 -" in the notepad file, which is sacrilege as far as I'm concerned. I tested this with other variations, and sure enough, if 々 is written, it and everything after it gets cut off completely. Any text that does not contain 々 will work fine =/

I suspect this is the result of the hyphen fix (or whatever else you may have changed) as it was being displayed perfectly fine in notepad previously, and I don't see why merely encoding it differently would cut text off (it would more likely display unrecognizable characters, at worst). Personally, I wouldn't mind if you just gave me a version that excluded the output coding changes but retained the encoding fix, assuming that solves my problem.


Yup, I found the problem, fixing it now.
Cereal
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 09 2012 20:09 GMT
#37
Successfully resolved, go ahead and try it now.
Cereal
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
November 10 2012 03:01 GMT
#38
oops forgot to mention it worked. Thanks for the fix!
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 11 2012 17:31 GMT
#39
On November 10 2012 12:01 KazeHydra wrote:
oops forgot to mention it worked. Thanks for the fix!


Good to know. Lemme know if you run into any other problems.
Cereal
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 13 2012 05:14 GMT
#40
Thanks for program!
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
SortOf 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2206
HiyA 276
Mong 125
Shinee 76
sorry 31
Noble 17
NotJumperer 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor38
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft615
Other Games
summit1g7060
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft235
RuFF_SC237
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick761
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream400
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2149
League of Legends
• Lourlo1330
• Rush1265
• Stunt340
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.