• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8649 users

[Program] Live music ticker for xsplit/ffsplit - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
JAPredator
Profile Joined November 2012
United States6 Posts
November 30 2012 03:21 GMT
#61
On November 30 2012 09:19 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 13:32 MisterTea wrote:
any plans to make a version for FFsplit


I just tested it, and this does work with FFsplit. If anyone wants a tutorial, I'll record one!

Show nested quote +
On November 30 2012 09:15 JAPredator wrote:
On November 30 2012 09:08 InfCereal wrote:
I updated the program. It won't rape your CPU anymore.

On November 30 2012 08:50 JAPredator wrote:
On November 30 2012 08:34 InfCereal wrote:
On November 30 2012 07:35 JAPredator wrote:
Im having a little trouble trying to get this to work, im trying to use this with OBS but it seems that the CurrentSong.txt file is appearing in my System32 folder for some reason and OBS doesn't recognize it when it's in that folder, if I move it to my desktop is has no problem finding it but then it will no longer update and will instead just create another file in the system32.



Can you tell me where you put the Plugin.jar file?


When i first downloaded it the compressed file went straight into my dowloads folder on my C drive and i extracted it right into that folder, i tried moving the plugin to my desktop and to an external hard drive but the text file always appears in the same place.



I have no idea why it's doing that. The way java works is it defaults to the folder that the program is being executed in unless otherwise specified. In any case, you can just point xsplit/obs towards the currentsong.txt inside the System32 folder.



That's part of what makes it really strange though is that it doesn't seem to recognize it inside the system32 folder, it can see other text documents in there and if i move the file it's fine but it just doesn't seem to find it in the folder. I'll report back if i can find something.


I'll do some testing and get back to you.



It seems I've found the solution, I had two versions of the most recent java installed(the 32 and 64 bit versions) and after removing the 32bit version the problem was solved.
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
December 01 2012 04:53 GMT
#62
Thanks for the great program and excellent instructions! ♥
I <3 StarCraft.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 17:23:40
December 01 2012 17:20 GMT
#63
On November 30 2012 12:21 JAPredator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2012 09:19 InfCereal wrote:
On November 01 2012 13:32 MisterTea wrote:
any plans to make a version for FFsplit


I just tested it, and this does work with FFsplit. If anyone wants a tutorial, I'll record one!

On November 30 2012 09:15 JAPredator wrote:
On November 30 2012 09:08 InfCereal wrote:
I updated the program. It won't rape your CPU anymore.

On November 30 2012 08:50 JAPredator wrote:
On November 30 2012 08:34 InfCereal wrote:
On November 30 2012 07:35 JAPredator wrote:
Im having a little trouble trying to get this to work, im trying to use this with OBS but it seems that the CurrentSong.txt file is appearing in my System32 folder for some reason and OBS doesn't recognize it when it's in that folder, if I move it to my desktop is has no problem finding it but then it will no longer update and will instead just create another file in the system32.



Can you tell me where you put the Plugin.jar file?


When i first downloaded it the compressed file went straight into my dowloads folder on my C drive and i extracted it right into that folder, i tried moving the plugin to my desktop and to an external hard drive but the text file always appears in the same place.



I have no idea why it's doing that. The way java works is it defaults to the folder that the program is being executed in unless otherwise specified. In any case, you can just point xsplit/obs towards the currentsong.txt inside the System32 folder.



That's part of what makes it really strange though is that it doesn't seem to recognize it inside the system32 folder, it can see other text documents in there and if i move the file it's fine but it just doesn't seem to find it in the folder. I'll report back if i can find something.


I'll do some testing and get back to you.



It seems I've found the solution, I had two versions of the most recent java installed(the 32 and 64 bit versions) and after removing the 32bit version the problem was solved.


Thanks, I'll add that to the original post.



On December 01 2012 13:53 RemarK wrote:
Thanks for the great program and excellent instructions! ♥


Glad you like it!

EDIT: If a mod could change the title to include OBS and FFsplit, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure who to PM to ask for it.
Cereal
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 04 2012 21:31 GMT
#64
I added something for myself to use, figure I'd update the public version too.

You can now add your name to the end of a shortcut target to make it automatically open with your name included. You can also put this shortcut in the start up folder so it auto starts when windows loads.
Cereal
Warchamp7
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 15:55:15
December 08 2012 15:46 GMT
#65
Noticed that this doesn't show any message if for whatever reason the scrobbler can't display song info (Missing ID3 tags, etc.) and also doesn't update for when there is no song playing.

Otherwise works great
RiSkysc2
Profile Joined September 2011
696 Posts
December 08 2012 16:08 GMT
#66
Posting for future use.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 08 2012 16:28 GMT
#67
On December 09 2012 00:46 Warchamp7 wrote:
Noticed that this doesn't show any message if for whatever reason the scrobbler can't display song info (Missing ID3 tags, etc.) and also doesn't update for when there is no song playing.

Otherwise works great


It just pulls the song from the user's RSS feed, so I have no way to check if it's actually playing or not.
Cereal
Warchamp7
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada43 Posts
December 08 2012 23:39 GMT
#68
Makes sense
xTheWordAlivex
Profile Joined September 2011
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 23:44:31
December 10 2012 23:43 GMT
#69
Hey Cereal,

I followed your guide for OBS, and your plugin isn't able to find my username (http://www.last.fm/user/lanceaeby). I had 2 versions of Java, removed both and installed the most up to date one, and still no-go. I allowed your plugin on both private and public networks too. Is there something I need to check for in Windows Firewall?

Any help is appreciated, I really want to use this awesome program! Thanks for writing it
Mediocrity is the killer.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 11 2012 00:15 GMT
#70
On December 11 2012 08:43 xTheWordAlivex wrote:
Hey Cereal,

I followed your guide for OBS, and your plugin isn't able to find my username (http://www.last.fm/user/lanceaeby). I had 2 versions of Java, removed both and installed the most up to date one, and still no-go. I allowed your plugin on both private and public networks too. Is there something I need to check for in Windows Firewall?

Any help is appreciated, I really want to use this awesome program! Thanks for writing it


Works for me. (Structures - Hydroplaning).

It'd have to be your firewall. You should have javaw.exe and java.exe allowed through the firewall.
Cereal
xTheWordAlivex
Profile Joined September 2011
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-11 01:42:55
December 11 2012 01:39 GMT
#71
Made sure javaw.exe and java.exe are both allowed on both Private and Public networks (in folder jre7), still not working . Does it matter where I saved your plugin? I have the plugin saved on a separate internal drive, while Java is installed on my C drive.
Mediocrity is the killer.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 11 2012 02:13 GMT
#72
On December 11 2012 10:39 xTheWordAlivex wrote:
Made sure javaw.exe and java.exe are both allowed on both Private and Public networks (in folder jre7), still not working . Does it matter where I saved your plugin? I have the plugin saved on a separate internal drive, while Java is installed on my C drive.


You could try moving the jar to the default drive. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I have no other ideas.
Cereal
xTheWordAlivex
Profile Joined September 2011
United States16 Posts
December 11 2012 02:25 GMT
#73
You could try moving the jar to the default drive. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I have no other ideas.


Really weird. Even turned firewall off completely and still no-go. TT
Mediocrity is the killer.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 11 2012 02:53 GMT
#74
On December 11 2012 11:25 xTheWordAlivex wrote:
Show nested quote +
You could try moving the jar to the default drive. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I have no other ideas.


Really weird. Even turned firewall off completely and still no-go. TT



You're waiting a bit for the song to come up, yeah?
Cereal
xTheWordAlivex
Profile Joined September 2011
United States16 Posts
December 13 2012 00:11 GMT
#75
You're waiting a bit for the song to come up, yeah?

Yeah, even after a few minutes it still can't find my username. I'll try a few other things and see if I can get it working :\ Thanks for the help though
Mediocrity is the killer.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 15 2012 00:30 GMT
#76
On December 13 2012 09:11 xTheWordAlivex wrote:
Show nested quote +
You're waiting a bit for the song to come up, yeah?

Yeah, even after a few minutes it still can't find my username. I'll try a few other things and see if I can get it working :\ Thanks for the help though


Sorry I wasn't more help. I'm not sure why it would be doing that. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem, and let you know if I can.
Cereal
t.Swift
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States47 Posts
December 19 2012 04:48 GMT
#77
On November 30 2012 09:19 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 13:32 MisterTea wrote:
any plans to make a version for FFsplit


I just tested it, and this does work with FFsplit. If anyone wants a tutorial, I'll record one!


Don't need a full tutorial, but what are the instructions to get this working on FFsplit? The overlay manager lets me add an image but I'm not sure how to get it to let me add a text file.
http://www.twitch.tv/t_swift
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 20 2012 20:21 GMT
#78
On December 19 2012 13:48 t.Swift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2012 09:19 InfCereal wrote:
On November 01 2012 13:32 MisterTea wrote:
any plans to make a version for FFsplit


I just tested it, and this does work with FFsplit. If anyone wants a tutorial, I'll record one!


Don't need a full tutorial, but what are the instructions to get this working on FFsplit? The overlay manager lets me add an image but I'm not sure how to get it to let me add a text file.



Click on "Add new", then "Text", then fill in the location of CurrentSong.txt in the source box.
Cereal
Jollocks
Profile Joined February 2012
32 Posts
December 20 2012 21:17 GMT
#79
Hey, great piece of software you've come up with here. However, i'm using grooveshark for my music source & xsplit as my scene editor. When i input the remote url, and remove the start & end tags, no text shows. i've checked if the source is correct, restarted xsplit etc. The source box comes up, just no text appears. Thanks for putting time into this little plugin.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 20 2012 21:19 GMT
#80
On December 21 2012 06:17 Jollocks wrote:
Hey, great piece of software you've come up with here. However, i'm using grooveshark for my music source & xsplit as my scene editor. When i input the remote url, and remove the start & end tags, no text shows. i've checked if the source is correct, restarted xsplit etc. The source box comes up, just no text appears. Thanks for putting time into this little plugin.



Does CurrentSong.txt exist?
Cereal
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 65
Nina 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2373
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 15
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1440
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 673
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft525
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft259
ArmadaUGS34
RuFF_SC220
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota272
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush1001
• Stunt265
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.