• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8716 users

[Program] Live music ticker for xsplit/ffsplit - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
ECA.BruTATroN
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States282 Posts
July 16 2013 17:44 GMT
#161
could this work for di.fm or rdio.com?
http://www.twitch.tv/brutatron
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
July 16 2013 17:50 GMT
#162
On July 17 2013 02:44 Myaura wrote:
could this work for di.fm or rdio.com?


I made it for use with rdio, so it will work with it. I'm not sure about di.fm. Usually, if it will scrobble, it will work.
Cereal
NeonWarrior
Profile Joined July 2013
United States1 Post
July 20 2013 06:48 GMT
#163
When i open the plugin and have Windows Media Player Open and play a few songs it still gives me the No songs found on "xXNeonWarriorXx" error. Is this compatable with Windows Media Player or am i missing something?
twitch.tv/xxneonwarriorxx | youtube.com/xxneonwarriorxx | twitter.com/xxneonwarriorxx
titiledino
Profile Joined August 2011
France2 Posts
August 26 2013 18:20 GMT
#164
Easy !
Thx !!!
http://fr.twitch.tv/titiledino
Viraelis
Profile Joined October 2013
Norway1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 23:40:30
October 20 2013 23:39 GMT
#165
I can't find my CurrentSong.txt file, I have been looking in the folder where I added the plugin, as well as in the System32 folder as intructed above. I tried to check if I had both 32bit and 64bit Java, but I am not sure how to do this. I checked it in the list of software that can be uninstalled from "ControlPanel - Uninstall Software", I had one listed as "Java 7 Update 45" and another "Java 7 Update 45 (64-bit)". I uninstalled the first of those.
I have been playing music from spotify with the Song Grabber plugin open and Spotify checked "Scobble to Last.fm" with my username/pw and the Song Grabber is telling me what song I am currently playing.
This last part tells me that the "CurrentSong.txt" file should exist, but I can't find it.
I would love some help!
Other then that the plugin seems pretty nice, I just need to get it working.

I almost forgot to ask! inside the System32 folder, is there a new folder with the .txt file?
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 01:44 GMT
#166
On October 21 2013 08:39 Viraelis wrote:
I can't find my CurrentSong.txt file, I have been looking in the folder where I added the plugin, as well as in the System32 folder as intructed above. I tried to check if I had both 32bit and 64bit Java, but I am not sure how to do this. I checked it in the list of software that can be uninstalled from "ControlPanel - Uninstall Software", I had one listed as "Java 7 Update 45" and another "Java 7 Update 45 (64-bit)". I uninstalled the first of those.
I have been playing music from spotify with the Song Grabber plugin open and Spotify checked "Scobble to Last.fm" with my username/pw and the Song Grabber is telling me what song I am currently playing.
This last part tells me that the "CurrentSong.txt" file should exist, but I can't find it.
I would love some help!
Other then that the plugin seems pretty nice, I just need to get it working.

I almost forgot to ask! inside the System32 folder, is there a new folder with the .txt file?


Regarding the last question, I'm not sure. I've never encountered the problem myself. I don't think it would be, though.

The only problem reported here was the file ending up in the System32 folder, so I'm not entirely sure where else it would be.

I'm assuming that the Preferences.txt is also missing?
Cereal
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 01:45 GMT
#167
On July 20 2013 15:48 NeonWarrior wrote:
When i open the plugin and have Windows Media Player Open and play a few songs it still gives me the No songs found on "xXNeonWarriorXx" error. Is this compatable with Windows Media Player or am i missing something?


You'd have to set up windows media player to scrobble to last.fm. You'd have to research how to do that yourself, I don't know right off hand.
Cereal
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
October 21 2013 09:38 GMT
#168
On October 21 2013 08:39 Viraelis wrote:
I can't find my CurrentSong.txt file, I have been looking in the folder where I added the plugin, as well as in the System32 folder as intructed above. I tried to check if I had both 32bit and 64bit Java, but I am not sure how to do this. I checked it in the list of software that can be uninstalled from "ControlPanel - Uninstall Software", I had one listed as "Java 7 Update 45" and another "Java 7 Update 45 (64-bit)". I uninstalled the first of those.
I have been playing music from spotify with the Song Grabber plugin open and Spotify checked "Scobble to Last.fm" with my username/pw and the Song Grabber is telling me what song I am currently playing.
This last part tells me that the "CurrentSong.txt" file should exist, but I can't find it.
I would love some help!
Other then that the plugin seems pretty nice, I just need to get it working.

I almost forgot to ask! inside the System32 folder, is there a new folder with the .txt file?


I'm having the same issue. After checking the entirety of my System32 folder, and the location I saved the plugin, both the CurrentSong.txt and Preferences.txt files are nowhere to be found. The program itself works fine and shows which song is being played when active, though. Playing songs from foobar, being scrobbled through last.fm.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 10:04 GMT
#169
On October 21 2013 18:38 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2013 08:39 Viraelis wrote:
I can't find my CurrentSong.txt file, I have been looking in the folder where I added the plugin, as well as in the System32 folder as intructed above. I tried to check if I had both 32bit and 64bit Java, but I am not sure how to do this. I checked it in the list of software that can be uninstalled from "ControlPanel - Uninstall Software", I had one listed as "Java 7 Update 45" and another "Java 7 Update 45 (64-bit)". I uninstalled the first of those.
I have been playing music from spotify with the Song Grabber plugin open and Spotify checked "Scobble to Last.fm" with my username/pw and the Song Grabber is telling me what song I am currently playing.
This last part tells me that the "CurrentSong.txt" file should exist, but I can't find it.
I would love some help!
Other then that the plugin seems pretty nice, I just need to get it working.

I almost forgot to ask! inside the System32 folder, is there a new folder with the .txt file?


I'm having the same issue. After checking the entirety of my System32 folder, and the location I saved the plugin, both the CurrentSong.txt and Preferences.txt files are nowhere to be found. The program itself works fine and shows which song is being played when active, though. Playing songs from foobar, being scrobbled through last.fm.


Try running the program as administrator, or creating the files yourself.

Cereal
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
October 21 2013 10:07 GMT
#170
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 10:10 GMT
#171
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.


Alright, I have class for the next few hours, but when I get back, I'll look at the source and add in more error messages, then we can try this again.
Cereal
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 15:36 GMT
#172
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar
Cereal
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
October 21 2013 15:55 GMT
#173
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 16:12 GMT
#174
On October 22 2013 00:55 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.


._.

Well, I've just tested it on two computers and a mac, all with success.

Which version of java do you have installed, and is it the latest version?
Cereal
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
October 21 2013 16:18 GMT
#175
On October 22 2013 01:12 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 00:55 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.


._.

Well, I've just tested it on two computers and a mac, all with success.

Which version of java do you have installed, and is it the latest version?


I have Java 7, and I updated it after the first attempt failed to see if that was the problem. I'll check to see if it's 64 or 32 bit, and try the other type to see if that fixes it.
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
October 21 2013 16:32 GMT
#176
On October 22 2013 01:18 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 01:12 InfCereal wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:55 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.


._.

Well, I've just tested it on two computers and a mac, all with success.

Which version of java do you have installed, and is it the latest version?


I have Java 7, and I updated it after the first attempt failed to see if that was the problem. I'll check to see if it's 64 or 32 bit, and try the other type to see if that fixes it.

Okay, I changed versions, uninstalled the other, made double sure it was all up-to-date, and the program now runs. It also notices the preferences text file and loads my last.fm profile accordingly, though I had to create it myself when it didn't after two launches.

CurrentSong is still missing, and it doesn't write to the text file I created with the same name.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 21 2013 17:21 GMT
#177
On October 22 2013 01:32 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 01:18 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 01:12 InfCereal wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:55 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.


._.

Well, I've just tested it on two computers and a mac, all with success.

Which version of java do you have installed, and is it the latest version?


I have Java 7, and I updated it after the first attempt failed to see if that was the problem. I'll check to see if it's 64 or 32 bit, and try the other type to see if that fixes it.

Okay, I changed versions, uninstalled the other, made double sure it was all up-to-date, and the program now runs. It also notices the preferences text file and loads my last.fm profile accordingly, though I had to create it myself when it didn't after two launches.

CurrentSong is still missing, and it doesn't write to the text file I created with the same name.


Are you still running as administrator?

Sounds like it's just having issues reading and writing, which sounds like a permissions problem. However, it's not showing any errors, so I'm not entirely sure...
Cereal
LuckyCinnamon
Profile Joined October 2013
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-21 17:51:14
October 21 2013 17:26 GMT
#178
On October 22 2013 02:21 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 01:32 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 01:18 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 01:12 InfCereal wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:55 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
On October 22 2013 00:36 InfCereal wrote:
On October 21 2013 19:07 LuckyCinnamon wrote:
Tried creating the text files with the proper names in the folder. The plugin didn't read them. Tried running as an admin, and it didn't help.



Mmkay, try this one: https://bitbucket.org/HorizonShadow/music-ticker/downloads/musicticker.jar

This time, nothing popped up when I tried to run it with Java.


._.

Well, I've just tested it on two computers and a mac, all with success.

Which version of java do you have installed, and is it the latest version?


I have Java 7, and I updated it after the first attempt failed to see if that was the problem. I'll check to see if it's 64 or 32 bit, and try the other type to see if that fixes it.

Okay, I changed versions, uninstalled the other, made double sure it was all up-to-date, and the program now runs. It also notices the preferences text file and loads my last.fm profile accordingly, though I had to create it myself when it didn't after two launches.

CurrentSong is still missing, and it doesn't write to the text file I created with the same name.


Are you still running as administrator?

Sounds like it's just having issues reading and writing, which sounds like a permissions problem. However, it's not showing any errors, so I'm not entirely sure...

Yes, I am. The permissions have it available to be edited by any user, too.

Edit: I decided to try and install the new .jar again. This time, the files somehow turned up in my System 32 folder in this latest reinstall, despite my having... no remnants of Java 32 on my computer at all. Not sure what's causing that, but it works entirely now if I go through and have OBS read that one. Seems like a funny issue.

Second edit: Scratch that, I got ahead of myself. Can't even be found by OBS, but the text file updates and works.
ImTotallyTechy
Profile Joined December 2015
1 Post
December 12 2015 04:49 GMT
#179
Please excuse the bump

This program no longer works. Not sure if it is a Last.fm thing or what but this program is now outdated. Shame, as it worked soo well.
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 10:38:54
December 12 2015 10:38 GMT
#180
On December 12 2015 13:49 ImTotallyTechy wrote:
Please excuse the bump

This program no longer works. Not sure if it is a Last.fm thing or what but this program is now outdated. Shame, as it worked soo well.


Go for the firefox add-on "Untamed now playing", it works with basically any webpage you'd ever use.
spotify, last.fm, youtube, grooveshark, pandora.. it has like 30-50 webpages on the list.

It writes the current song name to a file, which you can read with OBS/Xsplit and show on stream.
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 65
Nina 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2373
Shinee 57
NotJumperer 15
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1440
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 673
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft525
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft259
ArmadaUGS34
RuFF_SC220
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota272
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush1001
• Stunt265
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.