• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:28
CEST 17:28
KST 00:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7853 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 55

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 63 Next
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
February 24 2013 15:26 GMT
#1081
Is there any improvement in HOTS social aspect and its support for custom maps? I'm debating whether to get HOTS, but no longer feels the competitive side of SC too appealing right now...
Best or nothing.
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 24 2013 17:20 GMT
#1082
On February 25 2013 00:26 Quochobao wrote:
Is there any improvement in HOTS social aspect and its support for custom maps? I'm debating whether to get HOTS, but no longer feels the competitive side of SC too appealing right now...


Clans and groups help the social aspect a lot. I remember back in WC3 I was in a sheep tag clan, good times.

They've done minor things to help with custom games but it's still not up there with wc3.
SHODAN
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1162 Posts
February 25 2013 10:42 GMT
#1083
can the photon overcharge attack be blocked by point defense drones?
EyesOnMe
Profile Joined February 2013
57 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 14:14:36
February 25 2013 13:57 GMT
#1084
As we are all nearing HOTS, is there anything I can do to familiarize myself with the game? I mean, is there a list of new units, strategies, etc basically just to get used to it? So I donthave to be a total noob when the game comes out :D

EDIT: Also what is the new raven?
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
February 25 2013 14:05 GMT
#1085
On February 25 2013 02:20 nomyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 00:26 Quochobao wrote:
Is there any improvement in HOTS social aspect and its support for custom maps? I'm debating whether to get HOTS, but no longer feels the competitive side of SC too appealing right now...


Clans and groups help the social aspect a lot. I remember back in WC3 I was in a sheep tag clan, good times.

They've done minor things to help with custom games but it's still not up there with wc3.


What really irks me about the custom map scene is that Blizzard would do much better by not doing anything at all and keeping its hands off the community...

In SC2 it is much more heavy handed than in WC3, and the result is horrible
Best or nothing.
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
February 25 2013 15:00 GMT
#1086
Can an MSC give the cannon to an allied Nexus (that doesn't belong to the player)&
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
ant-1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada149 Posts
February 25 2013 21:58 GMT
#1087
On February 25 2013 19:42 SHODAN wrote:
can the photon overcharge attack be blocked by point defense drones?


Yes absolutely.
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills
Phoobie
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada120 Posts
February 25 2013 22:18 GMT
#1088
I'll be coming back to playing starcraft (always have and always will be a spectator ) after an extended break with the release of HOTS. Before my break I mained as Zerg but am looking to spice things up a bit a try protoss.

My question is; How do you feel of the current state of Zerg/protoss? which do you feel is better off? is PvP any better of a match-up then it was in WOL (I always skipped watching PvPs unless it was a final)?
"Immortal Roach is pretty good against stalkers" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 25 2013 23:31 GMT
#1089
If you look at professional play, Protoss is doing the best by far and Zerg is doing the worst by far.

Overall its like:
Protoss wins 59.6% of the time (non mirror)
Terran wins 50.5% of the time (non mirror)
Zerg wins 39.2% of the time (non mirror)

As far as PvP goes I personally do not know.

Source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=400130
wajd
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
240 Posts
February 26 2013 03:23 GMT
#1090
Will we still be able to watch replays when BETA ends? Is there some shortcut or fix to make this happen? :/
EyesOnMe
Profile Joined February 2013
57 Posts
February 26 2013 06:23 GMT
#1091
On February 25 2013 22:57 EyesOnMe wrote:
As we are all nearing HOTS, is there anything I can do to familiarize myself with the game? I mean, is there a list of new units, strategies, etc basically just to get used to it? So I donthave to be a total noob when the game comes out :D



Help someone, I cannot wait to play it, about to buy a digital copy from Blizz lol
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 26 2013 07:00 GMT
#1092
On February 25 2013 22:57 EyesOnMe wrote:
As we are all nearing HOTS, is there anything I can do to familiarize myself with the game? I mean, is there a list of new units, strategies, etc basically just to get used to it? So I donthave to be a total noob when the game comes out :D

EDIT: Also what is the new raven?

At the bottom of the OP from http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=399920

"+ Show Spoiler [Complete WoL to HotS Balance Changes] +"
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Novacute
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia313 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 07:09:43
February 26 2013 07:06 GMT
#1093
On February 26 2013 08:31 vaderseven wrote:
If you look at professional play, Protoss is doing the best by far and Zerg is doing the worst by far.

Overall its like:
Protoss wins 59.6% of the time (non mirror)
Terran wins 50.5% of the time (non mirror)
Zerg wins 39.2% of the time (non mirror)

As far as PvP goes I personally do not know.

Source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=400130


It's nice to see Terran finally getting out of that sub 40% win rate for once. Z seems to be struggling quite a bit. Wonder what the Z pros are struggling with the most?
EyesOnMe
Profile Joined February 2013
57 Posts
February 26 2013 07:08 GMT
#1094
Does widow mine attack cloaked/burrowed units?
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 26 2013 07:13 GMT
#1095
On February 26 2013 16:08 EyesOnMe wrote:
Does widow mine attack cloaked/burrowed units?

It only attacks cloaked units if you have vision of them already. i.e it won't kill a DT that walks over it unless you scan the DT. Pretty sure it's the same for burrowed units too.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
February 26 2013 21:30 GMT
#1096
Is it possible to download the game client if I didn't order it from Blizzard?
I got it from Amazon so I could get the beta key, and I recently got an email from them saying that it won't be delivered until the week after its official release. T_T
never say die.
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 26 2013 21:33 GMT
#1097
On February 27 2013 06:30 ricepudding wrote:
Is it possible to download the game client if I didn't order it from Blizzard?
I got it from Amazon so I could get the beta key, and I recently got an email from them saying that it won't be delivered until the week after its official release. T_T


I'm pretty sure (no blue post for confirmation) but if you have a wings of liberty cilent you should be able to just play as soon as you enter in the key.

A few days ago there was around 6-8 gbs of stuff that people could download from their WoL cilent. Some of the stuff was HotS stuff and was able to be datamined. Now, I'm not positive, but from this it seems plausible that you already have all the stuff you need.
Kens000n
Profile Joined November 2012
United States5 Posts
February 27 2013 03:43 GMT
#1098
Can Raven's PDD (point defense drones) cancel out a fungal now that it is a projectile?
I've told you... I keep telling you... I don't do that anymore... I'm retired.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 06:12:56
February 27 2013 05:55 GMT
#1099
When does beta end?

edit: March 1st. I calculated that it would end on Saturday March 2nd 7:00am Sydney time. (could be wrong)Gonna be playing lots of hots on Friday.
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
February 27 2013 09:39 GMT
#1100
On February 27 2013 12:43 Kens000n wrote:
Can Raven's PDD (point defense drones) cancel out a fungal now that it is a projectile?

No. PDD targets 'Projectile attacks' not spells of any kind. (Mines attack is a spell too so it also can't be targeted)
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1361
WardiTV1026
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5107
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 956
Larva 756
Stork 500
EffOrt 499
BeSt 484
Horang2 357
actioN 299
Mini 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 241
Light 146
Mind 122
hero 103
910 89
Zeus 88
Yoon 86
Mong 66
Snow 66
Shinee 55
Barracks 49
sorry 48
Sea.KH 48
JYJ 38
Bale 29
Killer 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 25
Aegong 22
HiyA 19
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
soO 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Free 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2670
Dendi1119
febbydoto37
Counter-Strike
fl0m3509
Fnx 675
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko937
B2W.Neo750
TKL 696
Livibee344
XBOCT265
ceh9260
Hui .225
Liquid`VortiX216
XaKoH 147
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• iopq 13
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3248
• Jankos2088
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
32m
Replay Cast
7h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.