• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6868 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 53

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 63 Next
Leftenant
Profile Joined September 2011
10 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 16:13:48
February 20 2013 15:57 GMT
#1041
I cant click on an enemies building to see what building(zerg) is beeing build is this normal?
Koltronn
Profile Joined February 2013
United States29 Posts
February 20 2013 17:12 GMT
#1042
Are you in Hots? there is an option like "enemy units selectable" that you need to check.
Naw man, I'm good.
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
February 20 2013 17:29 GMT
#1043
Anyone else have the bug where you can;t click on anyones name in the chat windows? Like for instance in WoL you can right click on their name and view profile.. I can't do that now. Is there something I need to enable or is it just a bug?
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
February 20 2013 18:25 GMT
#1044
On February 21 2013 00:57 Leftenant wrote:
I cant click on an enemies building to see what building(zerg) is beeing build is this normal?


There's a setting under the gameplay section for that.
I'm a gooner.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 02:22:23
February 21 2013 02:08 GMT
#1045
Hi guys

I am thinking...should I buy the digital copy of HOTS from Blizz? Or just buy a hard, actual, physical CD?

The problem is, my net is super slow. So I think that if I download a digital copy, I will need to install by downloading GBs of GBs......but I have done the pre patch download in WoL, so do I still need to download when I install HOTS?

Another alternative is, if I buy a physical HOTS CD, surely I dont have to do any downloading right? Since every file I need is in the actual CD already?

EDIT: If I download it on my computer, I can install there and then I can install on my laptop too right? There wont be any problem with CD Key? With WOL I was able to buy 1 CD and install twice. 1 on my comp other on my laptop
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
wajd
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
240 Posts
February 21 2013 02:23 GMT
#1046
will BETA replays load in the full version?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 21 2013 03:43 GMT
#1047
On February 20 2013 10:48 GGY0UMAKE wrote:
Does BETA end March 1st :'(!?!?? Sad... I don't play WoL anymore...


That's when it ends or is that just when the season ends??
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Koltronn
Profile Joined February 2013
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 06:44:54
February 21 2013 06:44 GMT
#1048
hey i just noticed that when you are making a custom game the insande computer shows up as one of the "cheater" AI's. does anyone know what it does that would qualify it as a cheater?
Naw man, I'm good.
VorGirL
Profile Joined November 2011
72 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 11:13:53
February 21 2013 11:11 GMT
#1049
How come it shows the guys full name when it says he was defeated, but doesn't show the brackets when it says he left the game? I wonder if its something to do with regions, or just a glitch.

[image loading]

edit: Ok, just realized its a group, nevermind...
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
February 21 2013 11:16 GMT
#1050
On February 21 2013 15:44 Koltronn wrote:
hey i just noticed that when you are making a custom game the insande computer shows up as one of the "cheater" AI's. does anyone know what it does that would qualify it as a cheater?


I believe one of them has vision of everything you're doing, another starts with additional resources, and the third one has both.
never say die.
ricepudding
Profile Joined February 2013
47 Posts
February 21 2013 11:18 GMT
#1051
On February 21 2013 11:08 dynwar7 wrote:
EDIT: If I download it on my computer, I can install there and then I can install on my laptop too right? There wont be any problem with CD Key? With WOL I was able to buy 1 CD and install twice. 1 on my comp other on my laptop


Yes. You can install it with a disc or download it wherever you want for free. The key is linked with your battle.net account rather than a computer.
never say die.
Vladoks
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany136 Posts
February 21 2013 15:04 GMT
#1052
does anyone of you have experience with the new custom observer modes? how hard are they to customize, could you just download one someone else made etc
Koltronn
Profile Joined February 2013
United States29 Posts
February 21 2013 17:11 GMT
#1053
Can I watch HotS replays without having the beta?
Naw man, I'm good.
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:34 GMT
#1054
On February 21 2013 12:43 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 10:48 GGY0UMAKE wrote:
Does BETA end March 1st :'(!?!?? Sad... I don't play WoL anymore...


That's when it ends or is that just when the season ends??


That is when the beta goes down until the game launches at march 12th.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:35 GMT
#1055
On February 22 2013 02:11 Koltronn wrote:
Can I watch HotS replays without having the beta?


I do not know of any ways to do this, you must at least have the beta to be able to watch beta replays.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:35 GMT
#1056
On February 21 2013 11:23 wajd wrote:
will BETA replays load in the full version?


It didn't work from the WOL beta to the real game, I don't think it will work here either.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:36 GMT
#1057
On February 21 2013 11:08 dynwar7 wrote:
Hi guys

I am thinking...should I buy the digital copy of HOTS from Blizz? Or just buy a hard, actual, physical CD?

The problem is, my net is super slow. So I think that if I download a digital copy, I will need to install by downloading GBs of GBs......but I have done the pre patch download in WoL, so do I still need to download when I install HOTS?

Another alternative is, if I buy a physical HOTS CD, surely I dont have to do any downloading right? Since every file I need is in the actual CD already?

EDIT: If I download it on my computer, I can install there and then I can install on my laptop too right? There wont be any problem with CD Key? With WOL I was able to buy 1 CD and install twice. 1 on my comp other on my laptop


There will not be an issue with CD key however you can pre download your game before it launches, this allows you to play right upon launch.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:36 GMT
#1058
On February 21 2013 00:57 Leftenant wrote:
I cant click on an enemies building to see what building(zerg) is beeing build is this normal?


Options > Gameplay > Right hand side, select enemy buildings.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:38 GMT
#1059
On February 20 2013 07:15 DoubleDice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2013 05:18 HTOMario wrote:
On February 17 2013 23:29 DoubleDice wrote:
Hey, i bought hots last friday, and now has been more than a week with no beta acess. Some one know if it is normal, if i should wait longer, or maybe something is wrong


There have been a few people I've seen with this same issue, they normally release beta keys weekly as in every tuesday.



More than a week has passe, waited till tuesday, and yet no beta for me any reason?

please help


Sometimes it just gets placed on your account without you knowing, a good way to check this is to see if if it says starcraft 2 beta on your account or if you can post here http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/5671338/ in the blizzard heart of the swarm discussion section. If you can you should be able to download it and play. If you cannot I recommend you contact blizzard customer support.
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
February 21 2013 17:41 GMT
#1060
On February 19 2013 00:25 zerK wrote:
Is ling/bling/viper viable in ZvT?


You most likely need some form of anti air to be really effective. If you don't kill medivacs the amount will overwhelm you at later stages in the games. I suggest throwing in a few infestors or hydralisks with this composition.
GM Mech T
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 127
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli598
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy365
Sick203
crisheroes169
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe112
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick758
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 54m
Replay Cast
13h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.