• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:20
CEST 03:20
KST 10:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8420 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group C 2012 GSL Season 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-05 17:03:38
September 05 2012 15:49 GMT
#1
OP Note: I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could please check out this thread and post your comments and thoughts. <3 thank you!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364720



(Z)StarTale_Curious

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

After three seasons, you've made it in to the Ro16.

This is how difficult getting to the Ro16 is. Up till now I've been falling out of the Ro32 far too many times. I didn't have an easy group whatsoever but I had confidence. I believed that I could advance as first in my group.

Why did you believe that you could advance as first in your group?

As I prepared, I got the kind of confidence one doesn't normally expect. It was a great feeling. As I saw who was in my group and began dissecting their plays and thinking about what I had to do, I didn't even sleep properly. It's not because I couldn't fall asleep that I didn't sleep, it's because when I get sleepy and am about to fall asleep, I tend to think of excellent strategies right then and there.

What did you think after you saw your group?

I knew it wasn't going to be easy but at the same time, I thought that I probably wasn't going to get eliminated this time.

This is your first time advancing as first in your group to the Ro16.

Originally I wasn't going to make this in to a big thing, but this is also the first time that I won my very first match in the Ro32. I even thought to myself that there was no I way I could lose as long as I won the first match.

You lost game one to MarineKing and continued the series. Did the loss have an impact on you?

I even contemplated that MKP would go mech. I was wondering whether or not to match his mech build transition or to keep playing as if I was playing a bio army, and then I eventually chose the latter. Unfortunately, that was my downfall. Also, MKP's mech play was superb. But I didn't really feel an impact from the loss. I'd been feeling a lot of impacts from my losses and I've also lost a lot of games since I was completely spent mentality wise, so this time I just focused on my mind control as I played.

There was an elimination race in the first game against MC. Did you expect something like that to occur?

I was in an advantageous situation so I got nervous and I couldn't even focus properly. And the end result became an elimination race. I tried to think of the best way to win without having to factor in too many variables. That scenario was something I had experienced quite a few times before during practices so I put all my cards in to my spore crawlers and went for the elimination race.

In today's match, your mutalisk usage was good.

In game two against MC, I really didn't need to use mutalisks but I suddenly got this urge to do so. If MC's army composition had been just a little different it would have been easier for me but my decision to go mutas almost cost me the game. At first, I was in a good situation because I blocked his cannon rush.

Will you be able to increase your current record using this season's Code S?

If I put in just a bit more effort, I should be able to make it all the way to the Ro8 and Ro4 and ultimately, make it to the finals. To be honest, I'm not quite sure as to whether or not my skills have increased since my practices, but I do know that my gaming plays have gotten better.

What is your secret to your gaming plays getting better?

It's not secret. I just got better through all my losses. As you lose, you learn so many things. Games are all about winningg and losing but I feel as if I have been losing too many games lately so I told myself this has to stop. I wanted to show what I had been doing in my practices while not worrying about results so I put on that kind of mindset. I also believed that I would advance as first with that kind of mentality.

Anything else you would like to say?

My teammates really helped me a lot with practice. They helped me A LOT. I want to thank all my teammates for practicing with me. The nydus build I used against MKP was a build order taught to me by StarTale_Zero. I am grateful to him for teaching me such a great build. I am glad I didn't waste a good build order like last time when I lost to Puzzle. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors BenQ, Red Bull, ZOWIE, and Joy Gear. Even though I still don't have that many fans I still want to thank them, my mother, my brothers, and my friends for their unending support.

(T)MarineKingPRIME

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You just barely made it to the Ro16. How do you feel right now?

I think I haven't felt like this in a while. I've had to play in three tournaments straight starting from yesterday, but I had no idea I would win all three of them like this. My results were good for OSL and WCG, but GSL was definitely the most important out of all of them. I really had to play all the way till the end and I had to accomplish full sets in all of my matches. Thanks to that, I feel so proud and I also feel like I have to work even harder.

Why is the GSL most important?

It's the tournament where I made a debut as a SC2 pro gamer and I've also never been able to make it to the finals in over a year. Even my memories about making it to the Ro8 are fuzzy. In order to move on forwards from here on out, I have to win a GSL championship no matter what.

You have had to play a lot of matches lately. Isn't it tiring?

I've been sleep deprived a lot lately. I even tend to get tired really quickly as I play my games. I've been taking pills in order to fill up my stamina and my practice schedule has also been really tight. I had two tournaments on the same day so I really had no time to practice. I just told myself that I had to take advantage of all these opportunities I was given and that I should play hard to make sure I had no regrets. Rather than focus on my gaming, I focused on stabilizing my mind.

You started off with a troublesome situation with a loss to Curious.

In game one against Curious, I won easily just the way I wanted to. In game two, I was in a situation where I would have blocked his attack with just one bunker but my hands didn't move the way my mind told it to do. In game three, I played my best all the way up till the end of the game but I ended up losing. After losing the final game, I was feeling really disturbed and I also suffered stomachaches and headaches. But because I focused on stamina for the Up/Downs, I was able to finish today without getting tired even though I had to play full sets.

How were your games against Jaedong? You ended up losing game one.

This was my first time ever experiencing facing Jaedong. I felt bad that we had to meet in the losers' round but he was a player I had revered back in the BW days and he's also someone who I hold to high standards as much as Flash. I didn't feel anything bad and I just felt honored to face him. Of course I had moments where I didn't perform to the best of my abilities but Jaedong's defending timings and attacking timings were stellar. I realized after my loss in game one that if I didn't pull myself together, I would end up losing to a KeSPA player and that I would get eliminated.

We saw a cheese rush that we hadn't seen in a while from you in game two against Jaedong.

My strategy in the second game was actually very similar to the cheese rush FanTaSy used against NesTea. If we spawned cross positions, I was planning on just putting on a little harassment as I macroed up but luckily we spawned across from each other. I told myself that there was no way he was going to block this so I attempted it.

Lately, you don't seem to do cheese rushes.

If it's a bo5 or bo7, I think I would end up using them quite often. But right now, it is still only bo3s so I don't have that many opportunities to show cheese rushes. I also feel like I have an obligation to show fun and great games. Also, I feel confident enough to win without needing to resort to cheese rushes.

You seem to always have heated games against MC. Which game was the hardest?

In game two, my original strategy was to block my entrance as I attempt a triple CC. But then as I scouted MC, I saw that he had 2 gases. I knew that MC likes to use zealot/blink stalker on Antiga Shipyard a lot so I decided to alter my strategy and go for only a double CC instead. But then MC also switched up his build later on so I felt a kind of heavy weight on my mind. It was sort of the same scenario where I had lost to MC hyung last season during the Ro16 so it was a really complicated situation.

This is your fourth straight season making it to the Ro16 but you have no Ro8 record. What about this season?

I'm going to lay it all on the line for this season. I'm going to make sure I get in to the easiest group possible during the Ro16 group nominations, get through it easily, and make it to the Ro8 to finally play a bo5. It's been such a long time since I've played a bo5. This season, I really want to get it no matter what.

In the OSL, you have to face DRG. The winner advances to the Ro8.

I really wanted to advance together with DRG hyung but the situation is like this so I'm very saddened. Currently, my rivalry with DRG hyung is the most impacting and in our most recent head to head, I lost. This time, I want to grab my revenge and make it to the Ro8 for the OSL no matter what.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank MaNa for practicing with me all night long and for coming to the studio with me today. I really want to treat him to something yummy. I had to play 9 games altogether for today's GSL matches so I am grateful to coach Park for always coming to me after every game to give me advice and to make sure I was still solid mentally. Thanks to my coach, I was able to advance to the Ro16. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Ttesports and OCZ.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 05 2012 15:54 GMT
#2
Nice interview from curious. cant wait for MKP's
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
September 05 2012 15:56 GMT
#3
damn i want to read mkp's!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
September 05 2012 16:01 GMT
#4
6 interviews translated at one shot 0.0!

Rampage~!
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
September 05 2012 16:03 GMT
#5
Yay Curious!
spbelky
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States623 Posts
September 05 2012 16:03 GMT
#6
Good interview, but we're all here for MKP! can't wait!
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
September 05 2012 16:03 GMT
#7
So happy MKP pulled through. Also expected Curious to be last in the group. Hah.
Refer to my post.
Misacampo
Profile Joined July 2012
167 Posts
September 05 2012 16:04 GMT
#8
Wheres MKP interview? Only one im interested in
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
September 05 2012 16:07 GMT
#9
HOLY CRAP! MKP'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*** T-T....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
September 05 2012 16:07 GMT
#10
thx for them interviews! <3<3<3
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
September 05 2012 16:09 GMT
#11
On September 06 2012 01:07 SeeKeR wrote:
HOLY CRAP! MKP'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*** T-T....


Haha yea it sure is! Haven't seen such long interview answers since Seed's. Seed gives mad long interview answers too
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
September 05 2012 16:12 GMT
#12
Huh, interesting that Curious didn't get that BO from Line or Life, seems right up their alley. Definitely helps Curious a lot to throw in BOs like that into his series.

Thanks for all these translations. ^^
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
September 05 2012 16:12 GMT
#13
On September 06 2012 01:07 SeeKeR wrote:
HOLY CRAP! MKP'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*** T-T....

Sad for you, but tranlate it pretty pleeease?<3
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 05 2012 16:19 GMT
#14
You have fans Curious ! I even made a meme collection just for you.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 05 2012 16:24 GMT
#15
Thanks for all the translations, much appreciated as always!
MC q.q.
Curious and MKP so deserving...man, this Code S is so stacked.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-05 16:34:13
September 05 2012 16:34 GMT
#16
Son of a mother....

MKP talks too much T-T...

Interview is currently 50% translated!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
September 05 2012 16:35 GMT
#17
On September 06 2012 01:07 SeeKeR wrote:
HOLY CRAP! MKP'S INTERVIEW IS LONG AS F*** T-T....


A curse for you, a blessing for us!

<3 Seeker.
Hazuc
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-05 16:53:30
September 05 2012 16:53 GMT
#18
Oh wow, MKP seems to have a lot of respect for MaNa!

And thank you Seeker! : )
spbelky
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States623 Posts
September 05 2012 17:03 GMT
#19
Thank you Seeker! These are always such a treat during my lunch breaks at work <3 <3
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
September 05 2012 17:05 GMT
#20
Mana :>
Refer to my post.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 28
Nina 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12230
Rain 2158
Artosis 541
White-Ra 191
Dewaltoss 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever621
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4327
Counter-Strike
taco 204
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1687
ArmadaUGS441
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1181
WinterStarcraft425
Other Games
summit1g8819
Day[9].tv694
shahzam643
JimRising 588
Maynarde155
ViBE149
C9.Mang0144
PiGStarcraft61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra988
• Day9tv694
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 40m
OSC
11h 40m
Stellar Fest
11h 40m
OSC
22h 40m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.