• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Maphacker invited to WCS USA Qualifiers @ MLG - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 43 Next All
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
June 06 2012 20:20 GMT
#741
On June 07 2012 04:24 Snuggles wrote:
I hope this guy will be okay. We're all aware of how passionate we are about witch hunts. With this showing up to the event in person, I'm kind of afraid for his safety. You think a group of nerds wouldn't touch him? People have died over CS, sure it was in China, but fuck sticking a knife through a guys skull because he walled hacked is waaaay over the line lol. Besides that people will generally fight because of trash talk online over games, I know it happened more often than it should for Dota.

Plus even if no one touches him, he's going to get harassed A LOT once people identify him. I'm definitely not encouraging it, but SOMEONE not in their right mind is going to do something. Which is why he needs to be banned from the event.


He will be ok, most people here are jujst e thugs who won't do anything IRL.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 20:21:40
June 06 2012 20:21 GMT
#742
On June 07 2012 05:14 Johnnysc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 03:21 toiletCAT wrote:
On June 07 2012 03:11 zoid wrote:
That blink hacks... Only funny thing is the random stalker blinking out into the roaches in game 2 (probably becasue the badly coded blinkhack couldn't find space to blink away from the incoming fire due to his army being in the way.). Well, Blizzard, maybe it is time you hire a team of really talented programmers to dedicate themselves 100% time on anti hack...


I actually don't think you can code a hack to recognize incoming fire. I mean, don't fool yourself, let alone the fact that someone managed to code auto-recognization of low health and then trigger an event at the same time is beyond my knowledge of coding. It's like really, really sophisticated and the beginning of a new, more advanced era of hacking, I'm afraid.


Well the code for recognzing incoming fire must already exist because the PDD exists. It doesn't seem that far fetched to be put into a hack, although I doubt such sophistcated hacks exist....yet.


Something like this should be able to recognise incoming fire:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mdfisher/GameAIs.html

(This is not a hack, I would not of linked it if it was)
silentdecay01
Profile Joined February 2012
United States106 Posts
June 06 2012 20:22 GMT
#743
lol ya the guy will be fine.....These kids on this form has a higher chance of being mugged by the local gangs that are in Aniahiam california (i live in Los Angeles) The hispanic gangs who often attened this event for there brothers ect would pretty much destroy any of the rich priviliaged folks on this form lol.


Soloturtle
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada333 Posts
June 06 2012 20:23 GMT
#744
Great move by Blizzard.
Replacing him for gimix who is a talented GM terran instead of the other hacker scrub
Best of luck to you gimix!
Cool
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
June 06 2012 20:23 GMT
#745
On June 07 2012 05:19 SpecialistSc wrote:
GOOD NEWS
apparently blizzard is aware of this problem as Zack is removed from the list

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5832261

Ok, let's close this thread now.
toiletCAT
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Qatar284 Posts
June 06 2012 20:24 GMT
#746
On June 07 2012 05:19 BoZiffer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 04:35 toiletCAT wrote:
On June 07 2012 04:30 jeeeeohn wrote:
On June 07 2012 04:19 mememolly wrote:
On June 07 2012 03:54 jeeeeohn wrote:
ITT: people freaking out over NOTHING. Literally NOTHING.

Ball don't lie. The guy will go and get beaten and then he will leave. Zero controversy, zero problem. I just wish this thread would die. It serves no purpose.


zero problem? he is taking a plane seat and a hotel from an honest player


Guess what: that's Blizzard's problem, not ours. THEY'RE spending the money. THEY get to decide who to send and who not to send. Nothing we say is going to make a difference. No amount of heckling, keyboard warrior rage, BM, or threats of physical violence is going to change the fact that Blizzard pays the fucking bills.

Let me tell you how this is going to go down:

1. Zack arrives at the tournament
2. Zack gets beaten
3. Zack leaves the tournament

How does that effect ANYONE else other than Zack and Blizzard? This hypothetical "honest player" doesn't exist, because he / she wasn't chosen. Most of us are honest players. That doesn't mean jack shit.


Gee, I hope nobody gets hurt. Nerdbrawl!


I'd pull for a plane ticket to watch the Nerdbrawl though... maybe a live stream with BitterDam commentary? Would inevitably just wind up with a bunch of stretched t-shirts, broken glasses frames, and messed up greasy hair.


That would be awesome.
silentdecay01
Profile Joined February 2012
United States106 Posts
June 06 2012 20:24 GMT
#747
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol

User was temp banned for this post.
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 20:25:16
June 06 2012 20:24 GMT
#748
On June 07 2012 05:23 Soloturtle wrote:
Great move by Blizzard.
Replacing him for gimix who is a talented GM terran instead of the other hacker scrub
Best of luck to you gimix!


gimix was already invited, zack was just removed, not replaced yet
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
June 06 2012 21:00 GMT
#749
I don't think his safety will be to big of a concern... and nobody should be stupid enough to physical assault someone and risk facing charges from the law.

If I read right/recall correctly, he might be from that area, so it's not like anyone will know who he is (if he really is from the area and doesn't stay at the hotel). He can easily lie, or most likely, he won't have to since nobody will ask who he is if he's just another face in the crowd.
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 21:04:26
June 06 2012 21:01 GMT
#750
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol



Uh, what? I post on D2JSP, but I don't maphack? Where do you come up with conclusions like that?

And please, if there are 5-6 other people on that list that maphack, do post replays/proof by all means necessary.



edit: I am probably taking troll bait
toiletCAT
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Qatar284 Posts
June 06 2012 21:04 GMT
#751
On June 07 2012 06:01 SniXSniPe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol



Uh, what? I post on D2JSP, but I don't maphack? Where do you come up with conclusions like that?

And please, if there are 5-6 other people on that list that maphack, do post replays/proof by all means necessary.



edit: I am probably taking troll bait


Don't worry about it.
binski
Profile Joined December 2010
United States225 Posts
June 06 2012 21:07 GMT
#752
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol


You don't fucking accuse someone of map hacking without any evidence to back it up. Do people not realize how severe an accusation that is?
I know SniXSniPe personally, and he has never and will never maphack
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
June 06 2012 21:12 GMT
#753
On June 07 2012 06:07 binski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol


You don't fucking accuse someone of map hacking without any evidence to back it up. Do people not realize how severe an accusation that is?
I know SniXSniPe personally, and he has never and will never maphack


I agree with binski... you don't just blurt your opinion without any evidence like that...
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
June 06 2012 21:14 GMT
#754
On June 07 2012 06:07 binski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol


You don't fucking accuse someone of map hacking without any evidence to back it up. Do people not realize how severe an accusation that is?
I know SniXSniPe personally, and he has never and will never maphack

+1 for confirming. Snixsnipe is 100% legit and is a TL veteran. There's no way I'll believe it without at least as much evidence as was presented in the spades case.
thurst0n
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States611 Posts
June 06 2012 21:16 GMT
#755
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol

Please post the public posts, or even the private conversations you have of such admissions. Also could you elaborate on the OTHER 4-5 palyers. SNixSniPe has already tuned in. If you are going to make allegations, do it properly. Show your evidence, state your claim.

You are acting like things are public knowledge when they aren't.

ON TOPIC:
Does anyone know more information about blizzard removing him from the list? Did they make an announcement I missed...anything? I need more facts!
P.S. I'm nub. If you'd like you can follow me @xthurst but its not worth it ill be honest
VPFaith
Profile Joined April 2011
United States261 Posts
June 06 2012 21:17 GMT
#756
I agree with Binski.
Never Give Up
VPFaith
Profile Joined April 2011
United States261 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 21:19:22
June 06 2012 21:18 GMT
#757
On June 07 2012 06:16 thurst0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 05:24 silentdecay01 wrote:
And just fty....I can see about 5-6 gm map hackers on that list blizzard put out.

I know several of them personal who are D2JSP players and openly admit in that community to map hacking like PZSniXSniPe and others on that list, so don't just get mad at this guy. North America in general has alot of map hackers in GM lol

Please post the public posts, or even the private conversations you have of such admissions. Also could you elaborate on the OTHER 4-5 palyers. SNixSniPe has already tuned in. If you are going to make allegations, do it properly. Show your evidence, state your claim.

You are acting like things are public knowledge when they aren't.

ON TOPIC:
Does anyone know more information about blizzard removing him from the list? Did they make an announcement I missed...anything? I need more facts!


On the MLG Tournament page regarding WCS, it stated clearly that any cheating is automatic disqualification to the tournament. It's in Rule #1.
Never Give Up
Orracle
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States314 Posts
June 06 2012 21:22 GMT
#758
On June 07 2012 05:21 hzflank wrote:

(This is not a hack, I would not of linked it if it was)




Someone did it with the in game editor.
Maphacks have the ability to read their opponents production, etc... Don't see why they couldn't have the ability to read more.
VPFaith
Profile Joined April 2011
United States261 Posts
June 06 2012 21:22 GMT
#759
Update: Blizzard just removed HRGZack from the invite list: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5832261/WCS_-_USA_Nationals_at_MLG_Spring_Championship-5_23_2012#blog
Never Give Up
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
June 06 2012 21:24 GMT
#760
On June 07 2012 06:22 VPFaith wrote:
Update: Blizzard just removed HRGZack from the invite list: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5832261/WCS_-_USA_Nationals_at_MLG_Spring_Championship-5_23_2012#blog


I updated this long ago but ya...
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
Dendi404
XaKoH 345
Gorgc310
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2332
olofmeister1367
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes281
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh118
Livibee115
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1336
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 31m
Replay Cast
11h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.