• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7872 users

[Interview] 2012 GSTL S2 R1 Group B Match 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 14:35:31
June 05 2012 14:33 GMT
#1
TSLSymbol


[image loading]

You have achieved a reverse all-kill thereby carrying your team to ro8

I never expected this so I am ecstatic. On top, it was against such a strong team as well. However, I don’t think I did it by myself. My teammates gave me advice for every game and thanks to that, I was able to win.

Losira scored four kills as the first player. Were you planned as the last player for TSL?

I was waiting to be sent out on my coach’s instructions without knowing when. I think it came down to me after using up all our cards against Losira.

How did it feel to be the ace when your team had its back against the wall?

It was very hopeless. However, the match was not over yet and I couldn’t accept a 0:5 defeat. So, I listened to my teammates’ advice and played as well as I could.

Did you go in expecting a reverse all kill?

Honestly, no. I just promised myself that I would not lose helplessly. Last season, I lost rather badly in Round 1 so I worked even harder this time.
Even against Losira, I wasn’t quite warmed up yet and played badly. I thought I had lost but once I took that game, I expected to take around two more. Then I kept winning and my confidence grew.

When did you become sure of your all kill?

Never. It was when I pushed into my opponent’s base in the game against Nestea that I finally knew I had achieved a reverse all kill.

You had a long ZvZ for your first and last games.

I was ahead in the first game but wasn’t quite warmed up and couldn’t evaluate the game correctly. I played passively thinking I was behind. Against Nestea, I had no gas after having my third destroyed twice. I used the excess minerals I had to build spine crawlers and decided to turtle. I think this happened to counter what my opponent was doing and resulted in my win.

Against the three Terran opponents, you ended the games quickly by being aggressive

Against Yoda, I chose a build for Terran regardless of who the player was. His hellions didn’t scout my units so I attacked with confidence. Against Happy, I saw a quick third orbital so chose to all-in, Against MVP, I expected mech so got greedy early on and went for a timing afterwards. All my predictions happened to be correct.

You scored four kills yesterday, 5 kills today, in total 9 kills in a row. What’s the secret?

No secret (laugh). I worked really hard and talked with my teammates a lot. We shared builds and reinforced each other’s weaker aspects. I think I grew a lot as a player thanks to that.

You are on fire. How long will this continue?

Frankly, I just play the game without thinking about any of this. I think I can always achieve good results as long as I don’t get arrogant after times like this and keep working consistently. Once someone studies me sufficiently, I will lose.

Your team faces FXO in Round 2. How do you think that will go?

FXO is a strong team but we’ve beaten them in an online teamleague before. I think we’ll take an easy win when we meet again. My team has players who are better than myself and as long as they don’t get nervous, we will do really well.

Since you’re doing so well lately, have you changed your goals for GSL and GSTL?

I try to prepare for one match at a time without a major goal. Still, my goal for Code S has changed to ro8 from ro16 initially. After ro8, I will try for the finals.
As for GSTL, Round 2 was the goal but since we’ve achieved that already, I want to make the finals.

Anything to add?

I want to thank the coach who sent me out today showing his faith in me and also my parents who cheer me on from home.
My teammates worked so hard for this so getting to Round 2 is fantastic. I hope my teammates don’t get nervous next time and play to their full potential.

Source: ThisisGame
Translator
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
June 05 2012 14:34 GMT
#2
Awesome job as always, storywriter :>
memes are a dish best served dank
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
June 05 2012 14:37 GMT
#3
Sweet, grats to TSL!
Azera
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3800 Posts
June 05 2012 14:37 GMT
#4
Thanks!
Check out some great music made by TLers - http://bit.ly/QXYhdb , by intrigue. http://bit.ly/RTjpOR , by ohsea.toc.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
June 05 2012 14:40 GMT
#5
Poor polt, he's barely on the photo.
Glorious SEA doto
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
June 05 2012 14:40 GMT
#6
thanks as always
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
June 05 2012 14:41 GMT
#7
spoiler ;;;;;;;
+ Show Spoiler +
Your team faces FXO in Round 2. How do you think that will go?

FXO is a strong team but we’ve beaten them in an online teamleague before. I think we’ll take an easy win when we meet again. My team has players who are better than myself and as long as they don’t get nervous, we will do really well.

this means TSL beat FXO at IPTL 2.

symbol fighting~~
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 14:43:25
June 05 2012 14:42 GMT
#8
what a monster. hohoho they think fxo will be easy pickings, aye?
thanks storywriter!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 14:48:57
June 05 2012 14:46 GMT
#9
My team has players who are better than myself and as long as they don’t get nervous, we will do really well.


Symbol so modest :<
TSL fighting ! I hope his teamates can score a few kills tho. x)

And thanks, great work as always storywriter.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
June 05 2012 14:55 GMT
#10
What an absolute beast. This guy has been impressing me a lot for a couple of months now. Seem's like he went from being a complete unknown (he probably did online cups but whatever) to dominating the best team. wow
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Labbetuss
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway568 Posts
June 05 2012 14:57 GMT
#11
Was looking forward to this interview. Thanks sw!
MKP | HerO | Taeja | NonY | Creator | NesTea | Bomber | Mvp | Prime 4 ever
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
June 05 2012 14:57 GMT
#12
not even mad

fuck yeah symbol
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
June 05 2012 15:00 GMT
#13
On June 05 2012 23:40 Fusilero wrote:
Poor polt, he's barely on the photo.


At least he can be identified unlike the some other people where you only see a hand or an ear ^^
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
June 05 2012 15:01 GMT
#14
First time I really focused on Symbol was five or so months ago in the FXO Invitational when he faced DRG in the first round. He beat him down in the first game and even though he lost the next two sets, played amazingly even with DongRaeGu. Now he's turned into a player who can fight toe-to-toe with a player like DRG for the title of best Zerg along with Nestea and others.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
klicken
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden206 Posts
June 05 2012 15:07 GMT
#15
On June 05 2012 23:41 dragonborn wrote:
spoiler ;;;;;;;
+ Show Spoiler +
Your team faces FXO in Round 2. How do you think that will go?

FXO is a strong team but we’ve beaten them in an online teamleague before. I think we’ll take an easy win when we meet again. My team has players who are better than myself and as long as they don’t get nervous, we will do really well.

this means TSL beat FXO at IPTL 2.

symbol fighting~~



Oh shi-

Nice catch
| MC | Hero | Parting | Seed | Oz | Jangbi | MKP | sC | Keen | Clide | NaDa | Losira | Moon | DIMAGA | Jaedong | Nestea |
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
June 05 2012 15:11 GMT
#16
XD hope TSL won't send him to US or EU tournament
cuz in the end it'll be like [insert US or EU team name here]Symbol haha poor TSL
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
June 05 2012 15:13 GMT
#17
Always cool when you see an up and coming player that looks as good as the current champions themselves.

Symbol fighting <3
Alvis
Profile Joined July 2011
876 Posts
June 05 2012 15:48 GMT
#18
Looking forward to symbol's code S performance
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
June 05 2012 15:54 GMT
#19
beast mode engaged/
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
June 05 2012 16:14 GMT
#20
On June 06 2012 00:11 parazice wrote:
XD hope TSL won't send him to US or EU tournament
cuz in the end it'll be like [insert US or EU team name here]Symbol haha poor TSL

they've already sent him abroad in the past. he was at MLG winter championships, MLG spring arena 2 and iron squid.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM971
TaKeTV 338
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 182
ZombieGrub101
BRAT_OK 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 971
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 182
MaxPax 166
ZombieGrub101
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason57
Nathanias 42
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 569
White-Ra 146
firebathero 79
Barracks 75
Shine 45
910 44
Killer 27
Trap 21
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 773
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0192
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9157
crisheroes1814
Liquid`Hasu1746
Trikslyr80
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5339
summit1g5105
singsing1318
Beastyqt846
shahzam447
B2W.Neo316
KnowMe130
ArmadaUGS96
UpATreeSC59
Pyrionflax55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream404
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV141
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie653
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 3m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.