• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8416 users

Match Making Changes in Ladder Season 7 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Ziktomini
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom377 Posts
April 07 2012 00:18 GMT
#141
To counteract this they should increase the maximum mmr.
ipwntbarney
Profile Joined September 2011
United States141 Posts
April 07 2012 00:26 GMT
#142
I don't see why people are so worried that the pros won't be able to ladder anymore. If pros are trying to seriously practice, then they'll be playing with practice partners where they can try out the specific strategy they're trying to work on. The only time serious pros ladder is when they're streaming or messing around...
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
April 07 2012 00:28 GMT
#143
Such a huge improvement. Search time is too long currently.
MethodSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States928 Posts
April 07 2012 00:28 GMT
#144
Could be interesting. Now all they need to do is show mmr
ZerO_0
Profile Joined October 2011
United States137 Posts
April 07 2012 00:29 GMT
#145
I'm excited for the change can't wait I just hope I don't get roflstomped by any one. Hopefully now I'll finely get promoted I can hope
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
April 07 2012 00:36 GMT
#146
Good post. Thanks for the info.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Qntc.YuMe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States792 Posts
April 07 2012 00:41 GMT
#147
i guess they should put back the win/lose stats for diamonds now since they wont 50/50
erazerr
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia86 Posts
April 07 2012 00:47 GMT
#148
vs the lower players and then you lose tons of points to them cheesing you.. thats my only concern
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
April 07 2012 01:26 GMT
#149
We have to see these stuff in action... sounds nice as first impression.
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
April 07 2012 01:32 GMT
#150
man I can't wait to get online to start practicing just to hit 5 diamond retards in a row.

Such a joke blizzard. How could you possibly make your matchmaking worse?
TheToaster
Profile Joined August 2011
United States280 Posts
April 07 2012 02:13 GMT
#151
I personally find playing against severely lower ranked players a huge anxiety issue. If someone isn't playing standard, then I start to get a little hesitant and make dumb mistakes. Honestly, all my game winnings rely on playing someone in my league, who performs similar strategies/styles per race as everyone else. This creates the origins of my anxiety.

For example, if I see a Terran player rush for Banshees, without the 111 style Siege Tanks as a follow up, I immediately expand after their failed attack (btw I'm Protoss). But I've sadly lost to Silver league players who rush Banshee, fail horribly, then somehow win with some massively late bio push with Stim and Ghost, even though they spent shit tons on Banshees and Cloak. This nonsensical way of playing Starcraft 2 is a huge nuisance to play against because I can never tell if the other player is performing some elite strategy I've never encountered, or is simply the big noob that I suspect them to be.

With that being said, I still find this change to be quite exciting. Because this also means I'll be playing against players of higher caliber to learn new things. In my PvT match up, Terran players honestly suck at dropping my base, even though they are in Platinum league along with me. But I've played Diamond Terran who are simply amazing at their decisions to drop, and playing against them has taught me a lot.
Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, squeeze down into a job cannon, and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
April 07 2012 02:19 GMT
#152
I think this is a great idea for one season, it lets people who always complain "Oh i am really master level material i just have a little more to go etc.." really get to play vs higher ranked people and for the lower bronze -->Platinums get a chance to see (if they don't follow SC2 seriously) what the skill gap between Gold -->Diamond. If i was in master league it would be fun as well to get the small chance to play vs some pros. I think the EU ladder will be the best for this as most foreigner pros are on this ladder.

For the casual gamer in SK good luck and god speed...you will need it.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
GoStu
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada60 Posts
April 07 2012 02:26 GMT
#153
I'm interested. It'll give me more of a chance to pull off some sick upsets. Alternatively, I can stomp some people a bit lower.
"Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense"
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 07 2012 02:31 GMT
#154
Not sure how much I like this... getting paired with "bad" terrans is always going to be a nightmare because they can derp their way to victory against much more skilled players pretty frequently, but then getting matched against zergs who are way better than me will be kinda good because I, too, can get lucky and derp my way to victory. I play protoss. And of course pvp is really volatile and big skill gaps can be worked around with cannon rush/proxy gates.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 02:52:24
April 07 2012 02:45 GMT
#155
On April 07 2012 11:13 TheToaster wrote:
I personally find playing against severely lower ranked players a huge anxiety issue. If someone isn't playing standard, then I start to get a little hesitant and make dumb mistakes. Honestly, all my game winnings rely on playing someone in my league, who performs similar strategies/styles per race as everyone else. This creates the origins of my anxiety.

For example, if I see a Terran player rush for Banshees, without the 111 style Siege Tanks as a follow up, I immediately expand after their failed attack (btw I'm Protoss). But I've sadly lost to Silver league players who rush Banshee, fail horribly, then somehow win with some massively late bio push with Stim and Ghost, even though they spent shit tons on Banshees and Cloak. This nonsensical way of playing Starcraft 2 is a huge nuisance to play against because I can never tell if the other player is performing some elite strategy I've never encountered, or is simply the big noob that I suspect them to be.

With that being said, I still find this change to be quite exciting. Because this also means I'll be playing against players of higher caliber to learn new things. In my PvT match up, Terran players honestly suck at dropping my base, even though they are in Platinum league along with me. But I've played Diamond Terran who are simply amazing at their decisions to drop, and playing against them has taught me a lot.


Don't complain about people playing "non-standard" strategies, especially if they beat you with them. If you make blind assumptions and greedy decisions then you're just as deserving of a loss as someone who cheeses and never expands.

And it's possible that your mindset is blinding you to other potential improvements that you could be making. Like in that example you gave, expanding after his banshee rush might have actually been viable but if you didn't make a good number of observers/gateways/units afterwards then that might have been a bigger problem. Or maybe you didn't have the watchtower, or poke his ramp, or spread your sentries. I can't really say much more without seeing the replay, but in general it's not very productive to blame scrubs for playing cheesy/cheap/dumb
"See you space cowboy"
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
April 07 2012 03:02 GMT
#156
On April 07 2012 11:45 Erik.TheRed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2012 11:13 TheToaster wrote:
I personally find playing against severely lower ranked players a huge anxiety issue. If someone isn't playing standard, then I start to get a little hesitant and make dumb mistakes. Honestly, all my game winnings rely on playing someone in my league, who performs similar strategies/styles per race as everyone else. This creates the origins of my anxiety.

For example, if I see a Terran player rush for Banshees, without the 111 style Siege Tanks as a follow up, I immediately expand after their failed attack (btw I'm Protoss). But I've sadly lost to Silver league players who rush Banshee, fail horribly, then somehow win with some massively late bio push with Stim and Ghost, even though they spent shit tons on Banshees and Cloak. This nonsensical way of playing Starcraft 2 is a huge nuisance to play against because I can never tell if the other player is performing some elite strategy I've never encountered, or is simply the big noob that I suspect them to be.

With that being said, I still find this change to be quite exciting. Because this also means I'll be playing against players of higher caliber to learn new things. In my PvT match up, Terran players honestly suck at dropping my base, even though they are in Platinum league along with me. But I've played Diamond Terran who are simply amazing at their decisions to drop, and playing against them has taught me a lot.


Don't complain about people playing "non-standard" strategies, especially if they beat you with them. If you make blind assumptions and greedy decisions then you're just as deserving of a loss as someone who cheeses and never expands.

And it's possible that your mindset is blinding you to other potential improvements that you could be making. Like in that example you gave, expanding after his banshee rush might have actually been viable but if you didn't make a good number of observers/gateways/units afterwards then that might have been a bigger problem. Or maybe you didn't have the watchtower, or poke his ramp, or spread your sentries. I can't really say much more without seeing the replay, but in general it's not very productive to blame scrubs for playing cheesy/cheap/dumb


I completely agree, when ever i am teaching someone starcraft and they complain about being in Bronze -->gold because of the cheese i tell them its great to learn cheese at the lower levels because you get better at recognizing when something is off. At the higher levels people cheese but they are really fucking good at it so its good to get some practice.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
StatixEx
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United Kingdom779 Posts
April 07 2012 23:55 GMT
#157
so? time to pwn some newbs?
ezGoin
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1 Post
April 08 2012 01:20 GMT
#158
Am i the only person that has already had this experience already, i play against plat and gold players all the timem i am in silver league btw. Does no one else share my experiences on ladder, it seems that this change will result in me playing people even higher like diamond, right?
pt
Profile Joined November 2010
United States813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 01:22:35
April 08 2012 01:22 GMT
#159
wrong thread
EG-TL!
Govou
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1072 Posts
April 08 2012 01:22 GMT
#160
make it a player's choice

*boom* the problem solved
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
Codebar 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 2231
EffOrt 1051
Soma 827
Mini 796
ggaemo 406
Horang2 376
Light 352
Rush 350
BeSt 313
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Larva 275
Snow 239
actioN 182
hero 179
Barracks 165
Killer 138
firebathero 116
Zeus 103
Sea.KH 71
JYJ 67
Mong 55
Aegong 47
Sharp 46
Sexy 39
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
zelot 21
sorry 18
Rock 14
Terrorterran 14
Shine 13
Sacsri 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7056
qojqva1546
Dendi783
XaKoH 481
420jenkins49
Counter-Strike
Fnx 673
kRYSTAL_191
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4634
Khaldor375
Other Games
gofns47547
singsing1739
B2W.Neo868
byalli544
Lowko421
DeMusliM227
mouzStarbuck190
Liquid`VortiX161
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS108
KnowMe101
Chillindude16
amsayoshi14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV271
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• mYiSmile112
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis2085
• Jankos1856
• TFBlade575
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 33m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.