• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8348 users

Season 6 Lock Incoming - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 20:22:09
March 28 2012 20:21 GMT
#121
I like the season time . I played around 350 games in this one , and i dont play 10h per day , dont even play 5h per day ...I play 1-3 h per day of SC 2 , depends how much time i have..
If people dont have time for play , even longer season dont help them

YEY for new maps <3
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
March 28 2012 20:23 GMT
#122
New maps! :D but I'll still be forever platinum... working to change that
Yamenai
Profile Joined March 2012
United States9 Posts
March 28 2012 20:23 GMT
#123
Damnit, i just got masters, too. What if i get demoted? T.T
Never quit, yo.
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
March 28 2012 20:25 GMT
#124
On March 28 2012 20:12 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 20:07 GiftPflanZe wrote:
I do like the the short seasons,im surprised so much people dont like them

I'm very confident it's because most players don't understand how seasons work and believe something is somehow lost because a new season starts, when it's infact the other way around. Having short seasons means you can play less and still progress, since it's easier to keep bonus pool low = faster progression.

The argument BluQ or whatever has could be said no matter how long seasons are since it's purely subjective, he doesn't "feel" like 2 months is enough to feel progression, even though progression is identical or even faster with shorter seasons.

Yes youre probably right.I hope blizzard dosen't changes his mind about the length of the seasons.
...
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
March 28 2012 20:28 GMT
#125
On March 29 2012 05:23 Yamenai wrote:
Damnit, i just got masters, too. What if i get demoted? T.T


You dont , MMR counts. Now if you are in masters already you need aleast 70% loss ratio to get demoted fast
What i try to say , you dont get demotet before 50 games for sure , or you need to lose 40 of 50 games , to get demoted that fast
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Zennith
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States795 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 20:39:48
March 28 2012 20:39 GMT
#126
On March 29 2012 05:16 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 20:31 Dingodile wrote:
the shorter the season = more difficult to come in a higher league.
I remember that you need ~1100 points to come from silver to gold (found this source at battle.net site). In my league, one has already played 950 (!) games and dont have 900 points (he is in top3).

No, you dont need 5 placements to come in a league. i didnt play season 4 and 5 and i only played one placement game.


no.

EDIT (not relevant to the misinformed guy above): The reaosn for shorter seasons is btw to make GM league more flexible.



OR Blizzard could just leave GM as a regular league and let people be promoted/demoted...
Sentinel Gaming Competitive Team Manager | 1500+ points Masters Zerg | twitch.tv/zennith6
TheV
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil107 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 20:57:04
March 28 2012 20:42 GMT
#127
I've been getting over 63% winrate on "high platinum" lately, really hoping to get promoted soon, gonna use this final time to try and get to Diamond before S7.

I am very excited about S7, I used S6 to practice and improve my play so much, learned a lot and improved my game. I just watched a game from S5 and compared it to one from S6, feeling good.
Storm is coming that cannot be avoided.
lwwkicker
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States140 Posts
March 28 2012 21:30 GMT
#128
Why does no one get this...

If you fuck around during a lock, you can still lower you MMR which is the main metric in determining whether you get promoted or demoted.

Grinding points to get Top 8 of you division has little to no impact on getting promoted.

Nothing is based on your league rank, it is all about MMR. MMR is the magic behind the scenes. Read Blizzard's own guidelines to earning a promotion. You don't HAVE to have that number of points. Its a rule of thumb, more or less. Read THIS, educate yourselves, and then stop saying stupid shit like, 'Oh I need to use my bonus pool up before the new season." Or "I hope I don't get placed in Plat, then all I will do is lose." All that matters is your hidden MMR, which carries over season to season. New seasons mean... nothing other than giving new people a chance to get into GM and new maps some seasons.
Always here to help.
RandomAccount#106470
Profile Joined September 2010
Lithuania1506 Posts
March 28 2012 22:37 GMT
#129
--- Nuked ---
wester25
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada63 Posts
March 28 2012 23:06 GMT
#130
On March 28 2012 15:40 tryteyker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 15:35 ChapatiyaqPTSM wrote:
On March 28 2012 15:19 tryteyker wrote:
I'm crying, literally. I didn't reach Silver yet, and now the season ends. I'll just have to hope I win that friggin placement match and I'm not nervous again.

Anyway, I think Seasons are way too short ,but thanks for the info.

Your placement match for next season is not as important as the 5 initial placement matches. It's just a way for Blizzard to remove inactive players. If you do well enough during the lock, you could lose your placement match, and still be placed into Silver league.


Well, I don't win every match, but I'm Rank 1 or 2 in Bronze with like 670 points. Bronze since Season 1 ;(

I'll have to hope I'm not nervous and win that placement match.


bliz released a post saying that if you had 800+ points by the end of a season you would be promoted after the first game of the following season. This applies to bronze-plat then diamond-> master i think is like 980 points.

tldr: get to 800 points before the end of the lock and youll move up to silver
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 23:23:40
March 28 2012 23:20 GMT
#131
On March 29 2012 07:37 Huragius wrote:
Metalopolis really should fucking go already... Cross TvZ/PvZ is a freaking pain there and TvP usually becomes one base play due to a very wide natural and close air positions.


I don't understand why every map has to have an easily taken natural. Every new map basically has a natural with some kind of ramp or choke that makes it almost as easy to defend as your main. It was cool when Shakuras Plateau was unique.
lwwkicker
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 23:32:56
March 28 2012 23:30 GMT
#132
On March 29 2012 08:06 wester25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 15:40 tryteyker wrote:
On March 28 2012 15:35 ChapatiyaqPTSM wrote:
On March 28 2012 15:19 tryteyker wrote:
I'm crying, literally. I didn't reach Silver yet, and now the season ends. I'll just have to hope I win that friggin placement match and I'm not nervous again.

Anyway, I think Seasons are way too short ,but thanks for the info.

Your placement match for next season is not as important as the 5 initial placement matches. It's just a way for Blizzard to remove inactive players. If you do well enough during the lock, you could lose your placement match, and still be placed into Silver league.


Well, I don't win every match, but I'm Rank 1 or 2 in Bronze with like 670 points. Bronze since Season 1 ;(

I'll have to hope I'm not nervous and win that placement match.


bliz released a post saying that if you had 800+ points by the end of a season you would be promoted after the first game of the following season. This applies to bronze-plat then diamond-> master i think is like 980 points.

tldr: get to 800 points before the end of the lock and youll move up to silver


No, absolutely false. Points are a indicator that you might get a promotion. Read the article by blizz, the link is in my last post, a few posts up. Even in that article, the point necessary value is still stated as 1200, not 800...
Always here to help.
BrauL
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada197 Posts
March 28 2012 23:41 GMT
#133
Shattered is out for sure
The Barbarian
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
March 28 2012 23:43 GMT
#134
On March 29 2012 08:20 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 07:37 Huragius wrote:
Metalopolis really should fucking go already... Cross TvZ/PvZ is a freaking pain there and TvP usually becomes one base play due to a very wide natural and close air positions.


I don't understand why every map has to have an easily taken natural. Every new map basically has a natural with some kind of ramp or choke that makes it almost as easy to defend as your main. It was cool when Shakuras Plateau was unique.

Because its a bitch expanding versus allins and cheese on those maps, as any race.
Smaller chokes that make expansions easier to secure are just a nice way of giving some defenders advantage, where as on metal there is no defenders advantage, making a lot of the games their 2 base at the most.
Being able to get on to 2 base without fearing for your life just makes the game more fun to play.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Tomba
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 00:17:17
March 29 2012 00:16 GMT
#135
I don't see how new season matters for anyone except for those getting/trying to get into GM.

It's new maps tho, but you don't really need a new season for that.
lwwkicker
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States140 Posts
March 29 2012 00:18 GMT
#136
On March 29 2012 09:16 Tomba wrote:
I don't see how new season matters for anyone except for those getting/trying to get into GM.

It's new maps tho, but you don't really need a new season for that.


Holy fuck, someone that gets it!!!
Always here to help.
Spiders
Profile Joined February 2011
United States86 Posts
March 29 2012 01:04 GMT
#137
Ladder version of daybreak has a 8m2g front expansion (not a 6m1rg)
I haven't checked the ladder version of metropolis but im guessing it probably has rocks instead of the creep tumor on the island >.>.
NoctemSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States771 Posts
March 29 2012 01:10 GMT
#138
I'll be moving tomorrow so I won't have internet for a few days.
Sad days...Sad days indeed.
http://www.twitch.tv/noctemsc <--Most epic fun times
Shadow_Dog
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada427 Posts
March 29 2012 02:11 GMT
#139
Hopefully I can make it out of gold by tuesday.
KING CHARLIE :D
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States447 Posts
March 29 2012 02:15 GMT
#140
I can't wait for all the new maps! =D This new season length favors people who play the game alot!
NO TEAM WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS TEAM LIQUID!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4435
Other Games
summit1g9426
JimRising 517
ViBE242
Livibee192
KnowMe164
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Adnapsc2 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 16m
Patches Events
14h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 16m
OSC
22h 16m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.