• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 80

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 86 Next
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
April 15 2012 15:42 GMT
#1581
With the new maps I become more interested in the ladder. Daybreak, Ohana, Cloud Kingdom and Metropolis are great additions and they are much better maps than Blistering Sands or Steppes of War.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Moonalisa
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden15 Posts
April 18 2012 10:18 GMT
#1582
Does sc2ranks even update anymore?
Samma som vanligt
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 10:33:55
April 18 2012 10:33 GMT
#1583
So yesterday I finally got tired of SC2. I uninstalled the game. Going back to BW (will be D- again for sure, good old times). Yes I know nobody cares, I know I won't be missed etc. etc. Just wanted to say that.
Occupation: Legend
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
April 18 2012 10:45 GMT
#1584
I am still hanging in there!
The bigger map pool definitely made it more interesting.

✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
biceninja
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden12 Posts
April 18 2012 11:45 GMT
#1585
I love SC2 and I love laddering. I have little understanding for the fear or hate of laddering, and especially that most of the fear seems to be based upon the fear of losing. If you lose to cheese or all-ins or whatever, you've obviously done something wrong. Learn from your loss and get better. Getting better is half the fun, for me atleast. But I'm terrible so I have so much to improve on = fun fun fun. :D I wish I was a young kid so I had more time to play. I get maybe 1-2 hours a day.
EneMecH
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom218 Posts
April 18 2012 11:55 GMT
#1586
pff I still ladder a lot..

Ladder isn't stressful at all. I've been low masters with zerg and right now I lag really badly but I have no problem chilling doing different builds and races at top plat.
Tears soaks each hand the dealer's dealt. But time taught me how to see every second as heaven even when they're perfectly disguised as hell.
give.ViviD
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden235 Posts
April 18 2012 11:58 GMT
#1587
I stopped laddering because it's not fun to ladder after 6 months of similar balance, or rather, no positive changes for terrans in ages so I lack incentive to play. New maps are okay, but it's too stressful to get good as terran for me, and I just lack motivation to get good because it feels so pointless.
Darkomicron
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands216 Posts
April 18 2012 12:07 GMT
#1588
On April 18 2012 19:33 Censured wrote:
So yesterday I finally got tired of SC2. I uninstalled the game. Going back to BW (will be D- again for sure, good old times). Yes I know nobody cares, I know I won't be missed etc. etc. Just wanted to say that.


So, you suddenly thought 'I no longer like this game' and uninstalled it? XD

Sure it wasn't a temporary dip, you lost to cheese and thought 'screw it' for a second? ^

I have plenty of times when I really don't feel like playing anymore, but once I do something else for a while I regain energy/motivation to play again and I'll do another ladder session. It's never good to keep playing and playing until you hate the game. :D
"Night will fall, and so will you"
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
April 18 2012 12:15 GMT
#1589
The play itself is kinda void of fun, so i focus on competetive side (trying to win) and by doing it I close a full circle of frustration. Finding no fun ---> trying to find a fun in competetiveness ---> losing ----> no fun.

And the worst of it, its souless microing/macroing without touch personality because of automations Still playing but if i somehow won't catch the fun in it ill stop forever, maybe its because of how sc2 zerg works, maybe i should switch to terran, but im discouraged by no possibility of offrace ladder. And im afraid HotS won't answer my questions about gameplay and if it donesn't ill stop caring about sc2.
Stork[gm]
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
April 18 2012 12:39 GMT
#1590
I am slightly annoyed by the stickiness of the leagues (to prevent constant promotion/demotion). I have been treated like a player of the higher league when it comes to points but I'm still in the lower league. It's really discouraging after a while.

I get max 9 points when I beat someone my league but I lose 12 points when I lose to someone in the higher league. :/
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Deimos0
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Poland277 Posts
April 18 2012 12:46 GMT
#1591
I stopped laddering because of the ladder fear - I don't mind losing to my friends in custom games, but somehow losing points or placements make me angry. I tried treating ladder like something done for fun, but in the end I uninstalled the game after completing campaign. I must admit though, I thoroughly enjoyed UMS.
protect me from what I want
squanzo
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
April 18 2012 15:59 GMT
#1592
Wanted to chime in on why there's ladder fear, and why people are playing less solo ladder or just less Starcraft II in general. I really think it has a lot to do with BNet 2.0.

A lot of people feel they're 'alone' on the ladder. Without a public chat interface and a sense of community while logged in, it's hard not to. And a consecutive loss streak could send players into a mode of depression. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Especially since it's all on display - your skill level, your ranking, who you're playing against, and how many losses/wins you have in your match history. That's another thing. Match history. The pressure to constantly win is always in your face and in a highly competitive community it can be embarrassing to have 9-10 consecutive losses. It makes people give into pressure and and most importantly, it makes the game less fun during times when learning is required.

Look at WC3 BNet 1.0's interface. Chat channels, no match history, just a simple display showing your record as each race, and your level. That's all. Nothing too spectacular or in-depth. So perhaps match history should be an option. Hey Blizzard, how hard would it be to add an option such as 'Display Match History' in the options? Not that hard right? Sure, it leaves room for people to get away with cheating, but if you're going to compensate for cheaters, then you're just cheating everyone else in the end.

Also, showing the record as each race would be very beneficial for a lot of reasons. I'd really like to know how good I'm playing as Protoss, Terran, Zerg, and Random. It'd be very useful information. There's a lot of unnecessary things on BNet now that I don't care about, and the things I do care about aren't there.

It's a sad state, and I feel for most players. I've been Masters, and I've been Diamond. I'm now Diamond because it's just too difficult a game to play casually and stay at the top, and the game shouldn't feel any less fun because of it, but it does.

So yeah, uhhh that's all I got. Ron Paul 2012.
Heweree
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom497 Posts
April 18 2012 17:10 GMT
#1593
Play to improve. That's the key to have fun in this game. You ultimately lose 50% of the time, being half the time frustrated is not that good. Coming from a top 8 master who started bronze.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 18 2012 17:26 GMT
#1594
Personally, I have not played for the last two seasons due to a lack of time. I am to tired after to work and I know I will play well below my best. My weekends are filled with other work or social events. I would love to play more, but keeping my skills as a reasonable level has just become to much of a time sink.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Moosy
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada396 Posts
April 18 2012 17:30 GMT
#1595
In the past two days I've faced my first 3 GM's (including Maka) it really is motivating to keep on doing well and playing the game correctly. Not that I needed any motivation, but it sure is fun :D. Play to win, but also play to learn from your mistakes gogogo
mDuo13
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States307 Posts
April 18 2012 17:36 GMT
#1596
Most of my friends who played the game initially have gotten tired of trying to improve because they're focusing on other things. The average level of online play in SC2 is quite high (compared to many other games) and I think the league system makes people feel like they shouldn't bother if they're just a casual/scrub-level player who doesn't have a boatload of time and committment to improve.

I think the format of an RTS by its very nature is stressful; multitasking is a harrowing experience, and a few bad moments can watch all your effort go up in smoke. A MOBA is, at least on the surface, less intimidating because you only have to control one unit. Most of my friends play either 2D fighters or rhythm games if they play anything competitively.
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
April 18 2012 17:40 GMT
#1597
I stopped playing because of the simplest reason; after years and years of BW I found it more fun and challenging than sc2 after 20-30games...

And also watching BW can't be compared to watching sc2; there just isn't any thrill in watching sc2 (I rather watch korean commentators talk about BW than 10 000$ sc2 tour)
Forever Vulture.. :(
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 18 2012 17:57 GMT
#1598
What if you could buy an alias for $10? Like a second 'user' for playing 1v1 without buying an entire new account. Like it adds an extra tab to your screen, for example: 1v1[main], 1v1[alias], 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, FFA. I bet everyone would get one. Having to buy a $60 account is really expensive, and that alone is the reason I dont want to have another account to fool around on and have fun in my 1v1's. They would make so much more money with this alias idea.
xdthreat
Profile Joined March 2011
United States95 Posts
April 18 2012 18:04 GMT
#1599
I stopped laddering because I felt like if I took a few days off, I would lose the first 5 games i played upon returning. Also, I felt like all I could do to improve was constantly split marines instead of get better strategically. oh, and carpal tunnel.
Hopelessly addicted to stratgey games since commodore 64
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
April 18 2012 18:05 GMT
#1600
Man I don't understand why a lot of people hate the ladder.

For me there's nothing greater than winning a close game and just marveling at what I've done, I've managed to do everything correct and I just feel proud of myself for making good decisions and what I've achieved in that game, seeing myself improve is also nice.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 396
Hyuk 301
Leta 129
Shinee 103
actioN 96
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
soO 68
EffOrt 59
Bisu 54
[ Show more ]
Mong 53
Killer 46
Mind 41
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 29
Soma 28
Aegong 26
Bale 24
PianO 19
Light 18
HiyA 15
ZergMaN 14
JulyZerg 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1717
Other Games
gofns12666
summit1g8457
olofmeister1305
singsing1221
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes318
ArmadaUGS113
Livibee103
DeMusliM36
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos1691
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
54m
OSC
3h 54m
Stellar Fest
3h 54m
OSC
14h 54m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.