• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8954 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 65

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 86 Next
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
March 14 2012 15:01 GMT
#1281
On March 14 2012 23:58 L4mppu wrote:
Would be great if they'd change ranking system to elo system and for getting elo high enough you would get portraits and maybe different textures for units and maybe even different mouse cursors and ui layouts.

Also laddering is too stressful but they could fix that by adding non competitive 1v1 ladder.


The 1v1 ladder is pretty non-competitive in the sense that nothing comes from it. Too many people act like the ladder is some sick proving ground, probably because they've never played in tournaments where your wins can pay off, so to speak.
twitch.tv/duttroach
madestro
Profile Joined October 2010
Costa Rica108 Posts
March 14 2012 15:14 GMT
#1282
On March 13 2012 23:23 ThatGuy89 wrote:
its one of the hardest things to achieve, but they have to somehow stop people dropping leagues.
I can only imagine how bad it must be as a bronze/silver to have a masters player or even diamond/plat player smashing them on ladder


Yes I am one of those players and that made me stop laddering because there's nothing for me to learn, he is doing the same things only faster due to more APM or practice or whatever. As a low level player I can't even tell if they are smurfing or trolling or better than me and the fun factor kept diminishing until I just moved on to funner games.

On March 13 2012 23:46 Shadowcloak wrote:
basicly their bad in 1v1 and play the other brackets cuzz they can be whatever in it. Newest trend in europe is the diamond masters 2v2 3v3 4v4 players who are silver bronze in 1v1. Their funny bad and think pretty highly of their skills. Next to that i know allot of friends who ha dladder fear in sc2


I like teams because of the chaos and the longer games (usually) since maps are bigger and yes I've being a diamond and plat player in teams but I do not think I am a good player by any means, hell I even try to get in silver or gold in random so I can start to play the proper way by playing macro games but I do know that I am in no way supposed to be a diamond player and the only reason I am there in teams is beacuase of the randomness of the system.

The main reason I have not played ladder (or SC2 for that matter) is that I can't play everyday for 2 hours and when I have the time to play in a week my speed drop is so significant that it looks like I am playing in slow motion and since I am not winning money or fame by laddering I prefer to look for games with a story and something fun to entertain myself with that doesn't require training to be decent.
"The Swarm will consume all." - Queen of Blades
eu.exodus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
South Africa1186 Posts
March 14 2012 15:44 GMT
#1283
ladder doesn't help me improve that much. being matched up to people me equal skill doesn't help my skill peak. playing customs with friends who are better than me has helped me improve a lot faster.

if blizzard would make the ladder match you up with people slightly better than you more often i would ladder much more than i do.
6 poll is a good skill toi have
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
March 14 2012 15:52 GMT
#1284
just isn't fun. after playing broodwar for the relatively short time i did, the game is just too simple. I miss starting at a low rank and grinding everything you have to even step up half a rank.
I get to Masters the moment it comes out and I'm like "yay?" and i can probably take games off anyone below code A
Hitting C- was like a party and it's still incredibly low in the scope of everything, and the chances of be even beating a C+ are immensely small.

just doesn't bring the same sense of accomplishment.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
March 14 2012 15:56 GMT
#1285
On March 15 2012 00:52 Warpath wrote:
just isn't fun. after playing broodwar for the relatively short time i did, the game is just too simple. I miss starting at a low rank and grinding everything you have to even step up half a rank.
I get to Masters the moment it comes out and I'm like "yay?" and i can probably take games off anyone below code A
Hitting C- was like a party and it's still incredibly low in the scope of everything, and the chances of be even beating a C+ are immensely small.

just doesn't bring the same sense of accomplishment.


Pretty much how I feel too, there are certain pros I still like to watch and follow, but for the most part both watching and playing has become increasingly dull recently.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 15:58 GMT
#1286
Well I spent 5 days on my smurf and playing from silver-plat, I found that everyone opens with some form of heavy 1 base aggression an expands REALLY late. I don't know if I could classify it as all in because they manage to expand behind it. I have to say that it may be frustrating to lose to some of these openers because they are relatively hard to hold.
Life's good :D
RedMosquito
Profile Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
March 14 2012 16:00 GMT
#1287
I used to play 1v1 regularly for about the first year after the game came out. Now when i play starcraft i just hit up some friends and we play teams. I stopped 1v1 cuz i cant stand the way games are being played. I play Terran and everyone just tries to turtle to late game against you. It gets boring being the one to always launch attacks. I started going mech more often which was fun and strong in late game but even in the games i won i couldn't help but think some simple harass build would have owned me. I still love 1v1 but we really need hots fast.
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 16:02:20
March 14 2012 16:01 GMT
#1288
Reasons I stopped laddering:

1. Reached Masters in season 2.
2. Some seasons had terrible maps. Not all though.
3. I want to focus on one match-up at a time. For example I'm focusing on TvP at the moment and have no interest in playing TvZ or TvT.
4. Seasons are only 2 months.
Cortza
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
South Africa328 Posts
March 14 2012 16:02 GMT
#1289
Ladder is a wierd combination where I pin everything on winning when I'm in game, and then afterwards, it doesn't feel like an accomplishment.
Shottaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom414 Posts
March 14 2012 16:06 GMT
#1290
If you believe you have been stomped by a smurf, watch the rep. I started as a Bronze player and whenever I got rolled, find out why!

I remember when I got from Plat to Dia too this Dia guy stomped me and I watched the rep in detail because I thought Diamond was some epic baller gosu division but I learnt from it, even got me into Masters for a time.
Praise the sun! \o/
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 16:19 GMT
#1291
On March 15 2012 01:06 Shottaz wrote:
If you believe you have been stomped by a smurf, watch the rep. I started as a Bronze player and whenever I got rolled, find out why!

I remember when I got from Plat to Dia too this Dia guy stomped me and I watched the rep in detail because I thought Diamond was some epic baller gosu division but I learnt from it, even got me into Masters for a time.


I apologize for any grief that I've caused during smurfing
Life's good :D
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
March 14 2012 16:36 GMT
#1292
the game grows older and the people and only the ones who really love this game keep on playing it.

Also the extremly bad manners on the ladder and the constant flames and whines just destroy every kind of social experience, and turn this game into a nightmare for everyone who doesn't give a shit about competetition and just wants to play against people that are equally good.
naut1c
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria100 Posts
March 14 2012 16:55 GMT
#1293
People have reached their goal.
people don't like random matchups but prefer to focus on one.
The game is stressfull and people get tired.
laddering can also be very demotivative.
The game has become figured out and there is nothing new.
these might be the biggest reasons
Crankk
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany32 Posts
March 14 2012 17:03 GMT
#1294
People never reched their max on skill. Everbody get better and better. I never play RTS-Games.First I was in plat and now in master.
I like to play ladder and i have no ladder fear. It's a game nobody should have ladder fear.
Don't give up - I have marines !
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 17:05 GMT
#1295
There are so many threads about ladder fear around here and I agree that it's one of the causes
Life's good :D
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
March 14 2012 17:06 GMT
#1296
People stopped playing because, most gamers want an easy game.

sc2 is just way harder than every game out there except sc1/bw.

When the game first came out people probably over valued themselves and when they found out they couldn't get out of bronze or w/e, they just quit after awhile.

And honestly 1on1 can be very stressful.
Epoch
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada257 Posts
March 14 2012 17:07 GMT
#1297
On March 15 2012 00:52 Warpath wrote:
just isn't fun. after playing broodwar for the relatively short time i did, the game is just too simple. I miss starting at a low rank and grinding everything you have to even step up half a rank.
I get to Masters the moment it comes out and I'm like "yay?" and i can probably take games off anyone below code A
Hitting C- was like a party and it's still incredibly low in the scope of everything, and the chances of be even beating a C+ are immensely small.

just doesn't bring the same sense of accomplishment.


no you can't take games off of anyone below code A after just getting masters, not even close.
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
March 14 2012 17:08 GMT
#1298
On March 15 2012 02:07 Epoch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 00:52 Warpath wrote:
just isn't fun. after playing broodwar for the relatively short time i did, the game is just too simple. I miss starting at a low rank and grinding everything you have to even step up half a rank.
I get to Masters the moment it comes out and I'm like "yay?" and i can probably take games off anyone below code A
Hitting C- was like a party and it's still incredibly low in the scope of everything, and the chances of be even beating a C+ are immensely small.

just doesn't bring the same sense of accomplishment.


no you can't take games off of anyone below code A after just getting masters, not even close.



yea lol

anyone below code A can be guys like morrow or even guys like coca now.

blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
March 14 2012 17:08 GMT
#1299
On March 15 2012 00:52 Warpath wrote:
just isn't fun. after playing broodwar for the relatively short time i did, the game is just too simple. I miss starting at a low rank and grinding everything you have to even step up half a rank.
I get to Masters the moment it comes out and I'm like "yay?" and i can probably take games off anyone below code A
Hitting C- was like a party and it's still incredibly low in the scope of everything, and the chances of be even beating a C+ are immensely small.

just doesn't bring the same sense of accomplishment.


So true, masters doesn't feel like an accomplishment at all since if you git it season before you will most likely get it again unless you lost a lot on purpose or lost a lot in general.

Iccup everyone started over every season and I remember reaching C-/C and celebrating. I remember beating my first B- player and felt like I was a boss lol. Good days
When I think of something else, something will go here
babo213
Profile Joined January 2011
United States266 Posts
March 14 2012 17:13 GMT
#1300
I just got bored of doing 1v1s last season. It's the same crap over and over. Play on a bad map, have to pick the same unit composition. Playing zerg sucks. Also it does kind of suck knowing that someone is going to all in and if you mess up just a little you lose.
At least in team games I have fun with friends screwing around.
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4306
Other Games
summit1g9295
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft474
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King68
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 8m
INu's Battles
11h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
Replay Cast
22h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.